Where is My Mind?
The young luperci sat on the ground, looking up at the thick tree branch above his head. He watched as his pet fluttered up to that branch. She then looked down at him, expecting him to follow her. This was one of their little games they'd play, chasing eachother around. Edgar was grinning from ear to ear before he swiftly launched himself up at the branch. His long, thin frame and muscle on his legs enabled him to jump far higher than most luperci. He grabbed on to the branch and swung himself on top of it, so that he was straddling it, and reached out for his friend. The goose flew away to the tree nearby and looked back at Edgar, she was tough to get. The dog took note of how close the tree was that she was on right then and saw how the particular branch she was on was thinner than the one he was currently on; he'd better be careful. Edgar jumped across, but he didn't land on the branch. He had landed on the forest floor, but luckily at the time the grass was very soft and tall and cushioned his fall a bit.
Jordyn wavered slightly from the strong wind that blew from the east. She rested against a tree trunk , giving her elbow a rest, and sat down while she snorted to herself softly, thinking of a joke she had told herself a while back, she could never forget that one. She turned around, once she heard a noise. She looked at a fuzzy, awkward looking creature, and laughed at it. Wow, she thought, what a stupid looking squirrel. It ran away, her voice obviously scaring it. She looked through her leather bag, still chuckling, and noticed that her pocket journal was missing. It must have blown out from the wind, she thought, or maybe that ridiculous squirrel took it. So she put her snout to the ground, and started searching for it. This wasn't a big surprise to her. She had gotten it lost before, several times for that matter, being as how clumsy she was. While searching. she had heard a loud thump, like something hitting the ground hard, about 1/4 a mile from where she was. Jordyn took out her ocarina and played a cheerful, quick tune into the wind, and waited for a response. This always gets their attention, she thought.
The goose flew toward Edgar at the sound of an ocarina nearby. Edgar, seeing his companion down next to him, got up off of the ground to see what had made her come toward him. The sharp scent of rose petals drew him toward a young woman who appeared to be a collie of some sort. The artistic male then wrote: Hi, my name is Edgar and then held it up in front of her, looking into her beautiful chocolate-brown eyes and giving her a pleasant smile. She seemed very friendly, she had a tall, lanky frame and dark black fur with a white patch of fur on her chest. The luperci was a little concerned about her arm, it seemed to be positioned very awkwardly as if she were hurt. He had wondered if she too was brought up outside of this northern area like he was, since she was a dog; he knew she was a dog because of those floppy ears of hers' and her more docile disposition. At times he felt like he was the only dog in the whole area, so it was nice to come across a dog when he did. Edgar's avian pet then waddled behind him and began to examine this stranger, if the collie wasn't too friendly she'd give her a painful little nip.
Jordyn's ears were going in so many different directions. A dog? She hadn't seen a dog since her old home. What a surprise, she thought, skipped forward a little, and laid down, wincing a little. Then she noticed the spaniel write something down on a piece of paper. She read it, and wondered how she was supposed to reply. His eyes showed the answer. A dog that was deaf...? One elder back in her home was deaf also, and someone had to speak separately for him. Of course none of it made sense to her. And what was up with that goose? She looked at her and chuckled at how different and awkward she looked, but hid it to not seem too rude to this new fellow. At first she lip said her name, then wrote it down on a piece of paper, to be sure he got it. He could be a friend, she thought, then wrote a joke on the piece of paper that she had laughed at earlier. It read: How do you catch a squirrel? Then pushed the paper back toward him, and smirked. She was already laughing at her terrible joke. Yeah, it wasn't one of the better ones, but it still made her laugh.
Edgar watched as the long female looked at his little fowl and read his message he had shown her. The young collie had tried to tell him her name, her mouth moving, but the luperci couldn't understand this at all; he couldn't read lips. The friendly yearling felt relieved as soon as she had written it down for him. Jordyn was this kind lady's name. The lone canine just couldn't help but think what an interesting name it was, he wondered what it sounded like; it must have sounded very lovely. Edgar still even wondered what his own name had sounded like, it was another one of the things he would never know. She seemed to understand his disability, which was a good thing because the male had grown tired of having to explain it from writing that word over and over again so many times. Deaf. It had become a label for him, he wished more people other than this collie, and the woman Vladislava he had met the other day, didn't care so much about that. Then, the packless dog had written him out a joke about a squirrel. Edgar shrugged in reply to her question, not sure of what the answer could be.
Jordyn's eyes were twinkling with excitement, and she even spun in circles for a few moments. She liked this guy, he was so suspicious, and unsuspecting! Jordyn stood on her two hide legs, and danced for him. She played her ocarina loud and clear for everyone to hear. It was a little Irish sounding jig, that usually would make other people dance with her, and oh was she fond of it. She knew he probably couldn't hear the cheerful tune, but all she was looking for was a smile. Once she had repeated the song two more times, the wooden ocarina dropped from her mouth, and she strutted over to Edgar eagerly. She always tried to add more spice to her jokes to round up more applause, she was definitely a hogger of the spotlight, but it seemed that he might not want to join that with her. She gave him a genuine smile, and wrote: "Climb up a tree and act like a nut!" She hoped he would laugh, or at least grin. She then jumped away from him, and bowed down, with her butt in the air, smiling and wagging her tail. She winced as her elbow bent a little awkwardly, but quickly hid the reaction by rolling on to her back, exposing her scruffy belly.
The dog smiled as the collie grew excited, spinning around in circles. Then she had danced for him, playing a little ocarina that she owned. His sister played the ocarina, but she wasn't as happy to play it as this lady was. The luperci could clearly make out what holes she was holding down for the song and remembered that song, not by the sound, but by the pattern with what holes should be pressed down. His sister had played that song. He knew that the ocarina made some sort of noise because he noticed how there was air coming out of it that blew the fur around a bit by her face. Edgar never really seemed to mind "the hoggers of the spotlight", he thought confidence was a great thing to have and was very tolerant of everyone around him. He knew that she was one who loved attention by the way she danced and and spun, and he didn't seem to mind. It was nice to have someone as positive about life as she was around. There were so many pessimists out there, and he wasn't one of them; she sure wasn't one either. The smile on his face grew as he read the answer to the joke. He couldn't laugh because when you're deaf you don't know how, but the smile on his face was equivalent to the loudest laugh out there; it wasn't all that difficult trying to entertain this guy.
The canine was thrilled at his amused expression, her heart filled with joy that only came from other people. Her joke was a success! She giggled then wagged her tail, while jumping and smiling. Jordyn was so happy to have made a new friend, especially one so amused by her jokes. Maybe she could write a song about him. Yeah, like a lullaby or something. He seemed to like her last little song and dance, but of course, how could you not. She looked down at the goose beside Edgar, and smiled at her. She was such a cute little thing... "Oh", Jordyn said out loud. That reminded her, how could she forget? "My pocket book!". She wrote it on his paper too. She had to find it. It had all of her records in it, her childhood memories, and a map. "Would you mind helping me look for it?", she wrote, and then drew a quick little sloppy sketch of it. It looked terrible, but she was quite confident that he would get it. The collie made a gesture that meant for them to follow her, and started searching through the thick grass.
The deaf male examined a picture she had drawn for him, she was holding it up in front of his face for him to read, it was a book of some sort. He gave her a nod, signaling to her that he'd help her find her lost item. The dog wondered if she was an artist as well, or maybe this book had something else in it like a map or a story. Her sketch of the object was rather sloppy though, so then he figured it must have been something else. The spaniel shifted into his lupus form before putting his nose to the ground and starting their search for the lost pocket book. The dog went ahead of the collie, he was tracking down the trail of her smell. He remembered her smell very well now, it smelled strangely like roses. His eyes widened as he saw a squirrel up in a tree holding what they were looking for. How funny! She had just told him a joke about how to catch a squirrel. Maybe he should go up that tree and act like a nut. Skillfully, the dog went back into his optime form and scaled the thick tree; then reaching the very top branch. Looking down from where he was, Jordyn looked like a little black blot. Edgar waved at her while up in the tree, then waited for the right moment to take the girl's pocket book back. Then, he had it! All he had to do now was get down, and that wouldn't be quite as easy.
Jordyn's face was soaking wet from looking in the leaves. She was disgusted. "How gross she thought." But she was interrupted by a scraping sound. Edgar was crawling up a very tall tree. But why? A little squirrel at the top of the tree held the prize. "Edgar, you'll fall!" But of course, he couldn't hear her. At the top he waved to her playfully, making her a little less nervous, and waved back, while jumping up, and down. She watched as he waited patiently to take it out of the little squirrels grip. She clapped happily once he got it, but how will he get down? She couldn't call out where to put his feet, so she would just have to go up there too. She climbed up the tree, feeling gravity getting pulling down more and more with each step. She had never been and experienced climber. Once she got to the top of the tree, she looked down, eying the little goose. What a mistake. Her head started spinning like crazy, and everything got blurry. She clung to a tree branch with all her might and reached out for Edgar, urging him to go down with her. She reached her left paw down feeling for a branch, while her heart pounded.
ooc: Once they reach the bottom, they can learn about eachother by writing in Edgar's notebook Smile I'm going to power-play (control her myself) Jordyn a bit so we don't need to take 4 whole posts describing them go down a tree lol

The artist smiled at the sight of Jordyn waving back. He began to feel a little nervous as she too began to climb up the tree to get him, all for that little pocket book of hers'. Curious of what was in it, Edgar opened it up to look inside. The first thing inside it was a detailed map of the area, so she must have been looking for something much more important than a pocket book at the moment; maybe family. There were also little songs written out so she knew how to play them. Edgar recognized the song she had played earlier that was written out, it looked like she had had a difficult time with it for a while because there were a lot of notes on the page it was written on. The luperci snapped it shut as she held out his hand to him. Edgar scooted down the tree, just below Jordyn, and pulled her into his surprisingly strong arms so that she could be safe; the boy had always put others' safety before his own. Carefully, the two finally made it to the bottom and he gently set her down on the grass; then placing her pocket book next to her. He then wrote: I figured you weren't from around here, I wasn't by the way, so what brings you here? he hoped that he didn't sound too nosy, he only wanted to get to know her better.
Once Jordyn's hind feet finally made connection with the earth she let out and big sign, released her self from Edgar's hold, and slid her back down the tree trunk into a kneeling position, while rubbing her sore elbow. "Thank you," she said, and smiled, then took the pocket book out of Edgar's hands, then opened her leather shoulder bag, smelling the powerful, sweet smell of her dried rose petals inside. She placed it in the pouch and closed it up so it would safe once again. She then looked up the tall tree and spotted the squirrel. She contemplated climbing back up to give it a piece of her mind, but then thought differently. He would pay eventually, his scent was on her pocket book, either way. While looking up, she felt something tickle her arm. Edgar was nudging a paper to her. She stared at his handwriting, noticing how neat it was, then wrote her answer. "I am from the north in search of my family. What about you? And why does a that goose follow you everywhere?" She gave it back to him, and waited patiently for a reply. She hoped that when her talk was, over that she would meet up with this man again, for she had always hated goodbyes that lasted forever.
These two were sure to meet again, Edgar thought that she was a great friend; and they had only just met! The boy then read her answer, analyzing what it had meant. She had a family? If the boy had his own family he could rely on he'd be a lot less lonely on the inside, maybe more noticeably happy like her. The spaniel wasn't one from the north, he had lived in what the humans had called, "Paris, Illinois". Edgar had known this because there was a big old sign by the old barn he lived in that had those words on it. With a bigger smile coming to his face, the Brittany recalled the day when his bird had come to him. She was just a little goosling and he had recently gained the ability to shift, still being young though. He was nearing the borders of a different city than he had lived in when he had found her. She was just sitting there in the woods, then she found him. Edgar had thrown her a small amount of bread then that's when she started trailing behind him like he was her mother. That's exactly what she thought though, and Edgar knew this by the way she would treat him. Ever heard of Paris, Illinois? I'm pretty sure that's the place called where I originally came from. My family abandoned me because of my disability, they didn't exactly know I was deaf though; they thought I just couldn't learn. There was this wolf that traded with my family and he had taught me to write and draw when I was young, and that's how we're communicating right at this moment. He then continued, My goose had probably wandered away from her flock and got lost. When I found her, I started feeding her and then that's when she started following me. I'm starting to think that she thinks I'm her mother
The air now carried the scent of sweet flowers, and sap, a peaceful smell, but a colder, bitter wind sent the tone of the forest. As clouds began to form over the tops of the trees, words began to form on Edgar's paper. She hadn't read it yet, but she could only guess that she was telling her about his childhood, and about the goose. He handed her the paper, and she read it half aloud, and half in her head. It sounded like she was rambling on, and on, but he would never know. After reading it two or three times, she stared it blankly. She was distracted at the moment, and she couldn't get any words on the paper. She looked out of the corner of her eye, and spotted the spaniel. He didn;t seem impatient, but she knew she would have to hurry up. Her mind felt releaved after a few moments and dug itself out of its puzzled mind state. She rolled on to her chest in a playful childish kind of way, and wrote down on the paper about her history. "I used to live in the north with my family, when one day they moved south in search of food, while leaving me behind. Since then I have been searching for them, with no luck." She handed it back to him, and rested her head on her palms, then turned on her back to look at the sky above them.
[html]

ooc:

The luperci smiled as she rolled over on the ground; she was very interesting to be around. I used to live in the north with my family, when one day they moved south in search of food, while leaving me behind. Since then I have been searching for them, with no luck. Edgar had misinterpretted what she had said, thinking that she said her family had abandoned her like his had. The dog's smile vanished; replaced by a sympathetic expression. He had been left alone by his own family when he was young because of his disability that they weren't aware of; seeing no use for him in their pack. The dog patted her back gently before she flipped over and then wrote fastly: My own family left me behind as well, I hope you can carry on nicely on your own though. You're a very kind person, Jordyn the dog calmly tossed the notepad, it landed neatly next to the young woman; the pencil in the metal loop part of the notebook for her to pull out. Thinking of his family again, Edgar gloomily looked off into the distance. Goose darted downward and landed softly on the grass between the two luperci. She looked in Jordyn's direction, making loud noises at her as she cocked her head forward.

<style>
.cloudguilt .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.cloudguilt p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.cloudguilt b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.cloudguilt {background-color:#254893; background-image:url(http://oi45.tinypic.com/2cen59l.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.cloudguilt .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9ECBF7; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]