I want to say I love you, just one more time
[html]

He traveled up and up, to their meeting place, the place where he had met her the first time, and maybe for the last time. As he climbed, he caught her scent, and sped up his pace. He wanted to see her before all this, to remember that there was something to come back to, a life left for him to fight for, a future for both him and her, and their children not yet born. He wanted to be here, on this day. Luckily, he had calmed himself enough to get a restful sleep before all this.

"Asphyxia?" he called, emerging into their meeting place. He wanted to see her one last time, he wanted to tell her he would win, that things would be alright. That their children would come into a world that was safer. That much he could promise. Whether he won or lost, having Asmodai move on could only be a good thing. He had prayed hard to Fenrir that he would live to see his children. Above all other things, he wanted this.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]
[html]
set for the 20th?

You are the weapon I choose.

Asphyxia waited there quietly. A breeze picked up and it felt nice, although it was cloudy and not really that hot. The black female was sad for she knew Skoll had to fight today. Hearing someone coming towards her, she finally heard her name being spoken. She stretched and walked over to Skoll, looking at him before she nuzzled him. "Are you sure you want to go through with this? We can run, I'm still up for it, we can do it. It'd be safer." her voice was shaky and only to a whisper, she couldn't bring herself to actually speak, she didn't want him to leave. Especially if something happened, she'd never forgive herself for letting him go fight, she didn't know if she'd be able to take any of it.

[/html]
[html]

Set for the 20th.

Nuzzling back, he closed his eyes at her words. He would like to run, also, but he couldn't. If the honor of this situation was betrayed, he didn't know what the other warrior would do, and he knew that someone like that could do a lot of damage if they weren't bound by any sort of code. Furthermore, he didn't think the two of them, with puppies on the way, could outrun him. If they ran now, Asphyxia could be in danger again.

"You know my answer to that," he said softly. "I don't want you getting mixed up with all this, any more than you have to be. And besides, he killed my teacher, Asphy, and my student. Their deaths shouldn't go unanswered, no more than my responsibility to keep you safe should be." She was a fierce woman, a woman with a power of her own, but he knew that even without the pups to look after, this man would overpower her. Soro, Asmodai, himself...what were any of them doing here? Their world wasn't the same as this one...he almost regretted coming here, but he knew that he had worked some good, and that was a comfort as he faced what might be his last day.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia sighed as he spoke. She already knew what he was going to say even before he spoke, "Yeah I know. I just don't want to see anything happen to you. I don't want these children to go without a father and I don't want to have to go anywhere without you." she pressed into him harder as she softly cried. She was praying that nothing was going to happen but she didn't want anything to go unsaid before he went off to fight for his life. Everyday her stomach was starting to get a little bigger, she noticed that she felt a little pudgier too. Now, she didn't want to shift at all and she felt like how she did when she was pregnant with all her other children. "You have to promise everything will be okay." she backed away a little so she could look at his face.

[/html]
[html]

She wanted him to guess, to make his hope a certainty. Could he do that? Lie to her? He had come here intending to say that very thing, but now that he was here, he wasn't so sure he could. What if he said it would be, and then he lost? What if he didn't lose, but he still died? Hollow words couldn't change the facts.

"One way or the other, everything will be okay," he said, making certain that he kept composed, that he could be strong so that she could cry. "No matter what happens, in the end you're strong, and whether I'm with you or not, you and our children are going to be alright. His cousin was weak once taken to the ground. I'll get Asmodai the same way." It wasn't certain, but there was reason in his words. The man named Soro had been superior in striking, but had been outclassed by far on the ground. Skoll would try the same thing again, and return to as soon as the deed was done.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia looked at him. "I know I'm strong, I know I can do it on my own, but do you think I want to? No. What if he lied and after he kills you, he comes after me? Then what?" she slowly stopped but kept looking at him. She looked at his face, taking in all of his features, she wanted to hold onto the image forever. Even though she didn't want to think about all the bad stuff, it had be taken into consideration. Plus, what if she never took in his features and something did happen? She wouldn't be able to hold onto the image of him as long and sooner it would slowly slip away.

[/html]
[html]

"If he survives me, he will need to flee this place before retribution comes. Especially if he comes for you, with Inferni at your back. I didn't read spite or insanity from him when we spoke. I believe he is bound to this by responsibility, just like I am. He will both need, and probably desire, to flee once this is over, provided he wins the fight." He wanted her to have confidence in him. He had taken the necessary precautions to ensure that things would be taken care of if he lost, but that didn't mean he expected to lose. If Soro was an indication of what to expect, Skoll was the superior fighter.

He was silent as she backed away, just taking him in, and he looked to her in kind, standing quietly for several moments. She, who was worn down by the weight of years, but still so beautiful. He thought about it for a few moments, wondering if it was best to say anything, but he felt that it might be his last chance to tell her.

"You're beautiful, you know that?"

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia looked at him and she smiled a little, "I've never really heard that." she nuzzled into him and sighed, "I love you. Please don't let anything happen to you." she whispered her words, only meant for him. She was excited for their pups to be born, she wondered what they'd look like, an odd mix considering of Asphyxia's colors compared to Skoll's. She didn't want to talk about that this might their last time together, she wanted to say what was on her mind, "I wonder what the pups are gonna look like." she chuckled at the thought of an odd looking pup and smiled, she knew they were going to be gorgeous. Two good looking parents, of course they would.

[/html]
[html]

"I love you too," he intoned, returning her affection. Her question was an interesting one, and one he had pondered himself several times already. It was a shallow thing to be excited about, he knew. He would love them with all of his heart no matter how they looked, but he couldn't help giving thought to the little details, no matter how trivial.

"Well, if you and I are night and day, I suppose that makes them twilight, so they'll be blue," he laughed softly. "I've been wondering what they'll be like. Will they be fierce, loving, fiery, or even-tempered? It's hard to say. Whatever happens...I don't want the same life for them that I had. They should have a family, and a home, and they should find something they're good at...something that makes them happy." He looked to her then, knowing that she intended to leave Inferni, knowing that their children would not be welcome there, and they she would be hurt or killed for her association with him.

"They could have that in Shadowed Sun, you know. It's been minding its own business, and Tayui and Pilot don't have any quarrel with Inferni. I think you would be safe their, and I think they would be happy."

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia looked at him and smiled. Yes, that was perfect, and even though she didn't want to leave her home, she was going to have to eventually. It was better for them to be in a more peaceful place, somewhere where they could learn between right and wrong, "I was actually thinking about that. I like that idea, it's better then them living in Inferni where mostly what we think about is killing. Although Inferni has been wonderful to me, it's time to pack up. When you come back, we'll go there together and we'll make sure our children are happy." softly she touched his muzzle with the tip of her nose. "When do you have to go?" was there really any avoiding the reason why they were here today?

[/html]
[html]

He sighed. "Now. The longer I delay, the more frayed I'll feel when I arrive. I know you don't want to, but I need you to stay here. He is waiting for me on the Quartz Shoreline. It's a wide open space, so there won't be much opportunity for double-crosses or surprises." His adversary had gone out of his way to ensure that nothing got in the way of the ceremony here, that it was an even playing field. He wasn't certain how that made him feel.

He was glad she liked the idea of coming to Shadowed Sun. As soon as she was away from Inferni, they could be open about their affection, and move it out of the realm of secrecy. He had never had a real mate, he hoped that Tayui and Pilot wouldn't mind the new addition to the pack...he had spoken with Tayui regarding Asphyxia's possible joining already, so at the very least she wouldn't be surprised.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Every feature of her face softened and she was once again in that sad state that she had been when he first arrived, and now he was leaving. "Please come back Skoll. Your family is depending on it." she was hoping that it would sink it for sure that he now had a family. Even Asphyxia never really had a family, just children mostly but a family to her included father, mother and children and her unborn children were going to have that, even Garnet could come along if she liked. No matter what, Asphyxia was going to make sure it worked, that her family was safe.

[/html]
[html]

"If anyone can," he replied, his amber eyes looking deeply into hers, "I can. I love you Asphyxia, and I love our children. If I can't say it later, make sure they know that." With that, he turned and set off, her face imprinted in his mind, so that he could remember that concern and caring forever, through life or death. Whether he lived here for many more years, or just another hour, he would carry that with him.

He didn't turn back. He couldn't. He strode forward with confidence, her love all he needed to walk into this with all he had, to face his destiny, if that was what it was, full-on. No matter what happened past this point, his relationship with Asphyxia, though it had been fraught with worry and would be frowned upon many, was not one of his myriad regrets.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia whispered, "I love you too." he started to go off, and he didn't even turn around. A tear or two trickled down her face but she had to keep reminding herself that he was going to come home, everything was going to be alright and they could even make a bigger family then what they were going to have. Skoll would live to his twilight children, except not be blue, she smiled at her thought. Quietly, she walked off into the distance but hesitated. She wanted to follow him but she didn't know if she should. Quartz Shoreline, why did he tell her that if he didn't tell her for a reason? In about enough time she prepared herself for, she was going to go against his wishes anyways and be there, hopefully, long enough to see Skoll walk away from Asmodai's dead body... it wasn't going to be the other way around, she was praying anyways.

[/html]