[J] Coming home
OOC: He's at the borders in Optime form. Set for Sept. 10th

Having been away from his mother for a few months, getting out to see the world, he had become rather lonely and had decided to pay her a visit. Perhaps her and his aunt Isa had found a place to call home.

Upon entering this new land, Shade heard that his mother was residing in a pack called New Dawn. He was happy he would be able to see her again and had even decided to settle down. From the sound of it, he would really enjoy this New Dawn pack. It was a more feral pack, choosing to live like the animal they were rather than becoming more humanlike. It certainly sounded intriguing. Shade himself only ever carried the dagger that was supposedly his father’s at one point; at least that’s what his mother told him. It could have just been his mothers. Besides the dagger though, Shade held no other possessions. Neither him or his mother ever really wore clothing, so there was never any need for such items.

Shade made his way to New Dawn’s borders, pausing for a moment when he recognized his mother’s scent. So she really was here. Shade lifted his head and called for someone to come meet him. He was a little anxious to see how his mother was doing, but he could also wait if it wasn’t her who came to meet him.
Shadow had been training and running around doing his best to keep his skills and ability's honed and sharp. Shadow was patrolling the boarder of New Dawn when he heard a call that was foreign to him and his tail started to move. A new person who wanted to join the pack, perfect and Shadow would be able to welcome them in and offer them there kindness and there way of living. Shadow looked in the direction of the call and he worked his way over. He ran quickly in Lupus form and then he reached the tree line and his eyes locked onto the boy standing in front of him. Shadow slowly trotted down to meet with him and as he did he nodded his head and then when he was a good 5 feet from him he stopped and slowly shifted into his 8"0 tall Optime form and he smiled gently.

" Welcome to New Dawn, my name is Shadow and it's a pleasure to meet you, if you don't mind my asking, what is your name?" Shadow crossed his arms as his tail swayed behind him and he looked the boy over. It was uncanny how alike the boy looked to him. Pure black fur...all black nails and blue eyes that matched his one blue eye. His eyes watched and studied and then they landed on a dagger that the boy carried and he tilted his head to the side and moved to get a better look as he spoke again gently and his tail slowed down some." That's a nice dagger...tell me if you will, who was it that gave that to you..." Shadow looked to the blade, it had the markings on the daggers that he had custom made for him, it have the black cord leather around the handle and if it was the one he was thinking about then under the leather wrapping engraved into the wood of the handle underneath then the words. "A Shadow to follow you during the day a Shadow to hold and embrace you at night." Those were the words he carved so Thana would never forget him.
Shade’s ears twitched at the sound of footsteps approaching. His eyes fell upon a large black male and he watched as the man stopped and shifted a few feet from him. He was taller than Shade by at least half a foot. Shade was still growing a bit though and would probably reach this man’s height soon. The thing that caused him to stare was the eyes. He had one yellow and one blue eye, just like his mother said his father had. Perhaps it was more common than he thought.

Shade. Shade Sier. This couldn’t be his father. This man was named Shadow, not Shadowfang. Unless he shortened his own name, which was certainly possible. He carried his mother’s scent as well, it was practically covering his coat. Was he standing before his father? The man who ran out on his mother while she was pregnant with him?

My mother gave it to me. Supposedly it was my father’s. why does it interest you so much? And why do you carry my mother’s scent? He looked the man over, knowing the answer, but wanting to actually hear it from the man before him.
" You ask powerful questions but i will tell you none the less...Thana, is my mate and that is why i carry her scent on my fur and the reason I ask about the dagger is because if it's the dagger I'm thinking about then if you take off the leather wrap on the handle under it, it should say" A Shadow to follow you during the day, a Shadow to hold and embrace you at night." for you to have it after I had given it to Thana...."

Shadow stopped and really took the boy in, there was no mistake now...The boy was his son, the very son that he did not know existed till he got back together with Thana...the very same son that was his blood and who was kept a secret from him and a mystery." My full name is Shadowfang, my real name that very few know is Shadow Sier, you are my son...Your mother will be happy to know you are well...You look just like me when i was your age." Shadow looked to New Dawn and then he howled loudly for Thana and he looked back to the boy not believing that after all this time he would finally meet him. Shadow was at a loss of words and he knew already that there would be tension from what the boy said about him leaving her while she was pregnant, he did not know that and he would have to explain that to the boy.
Thana was surprised when she heard Shadow calling for her. He hadn’t ever called for her before. While she was in heat, he usually just came to her. Perhaps he had a surprise for her or something, but then why would he be at the border? It certainly was odd but Thana made her way to him quickly, running on all fours even though she was in her Optime form. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw who was standing there beside her mate. She was speechless for a moment as she stood, eyes wide as she stared at her son. Shade?

Rushing forward, Thana embraced her son. Shade, it’s so good to see you. How were your travels? Where all did you go? Did you meet anyone interesting? What made you come back now? Thana was so excited that she didn’t even manage to get a breath in as she drilled him with questions.
[html]
Guess I should jump in here now Smile / +1

The call that rang out across the land was unfamiliar, and yet, there was a recognition there that the dark king could not quite place. Either way, whoever was asking for a meeting at the borders needed to be attended to, so with a stretch of his long Optime limbs the Alpha left his half-chewed deer femur to go in search of the stranger. He took it slow and easy, feeling that he did not have any reason to rush just yet, and he even took the time to do some scent markings as he neared the borders, making sure that their territory was clearly defined. It was then that another howl rang out, and the voice Zalen recognized instantly to be Shadowfang’s and he was calling Thana.

The lilt in the howl was not tense or agitated in anyway, so Zalen supposed that whoever had come calling had already been greeted by Shadow, and that he was calling his mate to come meet them. Zalen’s curiosity was peeked, so he sped up somewhat, but still loped casually on all fours. Soon he caught Shadow and Thana’s scent on the wind, intermingled with another; not long after, the three black wolves came into sight.

The Alpha trotted up to the trio, completely their dark quadrangle of fur. The stranger was a young male wolf, and Zalen instantly saw the resemblance to Shadow and Thana, and was struck by it. He looked between his subordinates with surprise and confusion, before turning to the newcomer, Greetings, young wolf, I am Zalen, Alpha of this pack. He righted himself into a dominant posture then, as he the surprise on seeing what surely must be their offspring had caused him to forget himself for a moment.

<style type="text/css">
.zalen-widow b {font-weight:bold; color:#7b6653; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e250f; }
.zalen-widow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zalen-widow {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#110f0f; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/66epvr.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f3f31; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zalen-widow p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zalen-widow p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
Curious from Shadow's words, Shade took off the leather wrap on the handle and stared down at the words carved into it. So he really was his father. This Shadow, Shadowfang, or whatever he called himself was the man who ran out on his mother. Wrapping the leather around the handle again, Shade glared up at the man before him. So you're the one who got mom pregnant and then ran out on her? Leaving her to raise me on her own? What does that say for what kind of man you are? Hm? He paused for a moment, returning the dagger to its sheath at his hip. Gonna leave her again once you become bored of her?

It was then that Thana came into view, rushing forward and pulling him into a tight hug. With all signs of anger gone from his features, Shade wrapped his arms around his mother. Calm down mother, there's no need to bombard me with questions just yet. There will be plenty of time for that. I had heard you had joined this pack and was actually looking to join. That's when I met him He didn't even want to say his name. He could care less about this man. His job was to protect and provide for his family and he didn't even stick around until Shade was born. The moment His mother became pregnant, this man was gone.

Hearing yet another approaching, Shade looked to a man, who was clearly the Alpha of the pack. Shade lowered himself down, submitting to the new arrival. Hello sir, my name is Shade Sier and I was hoping to join my mother's pack. I am a skilled hunter and fighter and I will do all I can to protect your pack if you will have me. Shade made sure to keep himself lowered as he spoke, not wanting to offend the Alpha.
Shadow looked to his son and a look of sadness crossed the features as he saw that Shade clearly hatted him." Shade, When I left...I didn't know that you..." Shadow stopped talking the moment Zalen came over and he lowered his tail and his head lightly and moved back away from all of them as he heard his son speak. "his mothers pack" So he had lost his son just as quickly as he had gained him. Shadow looked to the ground and said nothing and didn't look to any of them, unless asked a question he would just wait till all was said and then he would talk. Unless someone needed advice about how to be a horrible father thought, it didn't seem likely that Shadow would be able to offer very much in the way of advise or good ideas.

Shadow thought over quickly what he had heard his son say in so little time. " him" "Leave her after getting bored..." " Ran out on her" Shadow thought about what that said about him as a man and yeah, not the best picture he could have come up with. Shadows tail stopped moving, he had gone from excited to see his son and his love again to not wanting to see anyone. Zalen's appearance even though he was still pissed at the man for almost mating with his mate and love would have gotten to him if it wasn't for him thinking about his boy who so quickly learned to hate his father. There had been a reason and Shadow did not know that he had a son, if he had he would have stayed to love Thana and raise the boy with her but he didn't and Thana didn't tell him when they last met. Shadow had to agree...he was a horrible father and would never be worthy of having a family with Thana or being the dad to Anna.
Thana smiled big as Shade wrapped his arms around her, teasing her lightly and telling her to calm down. She nodded when he mentioned talking about his travels later. It would probably be best to talk later, especially since he was hoping to join New Dawn. You’re going to stay here Shade? That’s wonderful news! Hearing her son call Shadow “him” put her off though. She looked between the two and the tension was clear. It seemed Shade had never fully understood why Shadow wasn’t around when he was growing up. Shade, you listen to me. Shadow is a great man. He didn’t know I was pregnant with you when he left and he had intended to come back.

She looked up when Zalen came up to them, lowering herself down in respect. She looked to Shade and whispered for only him to hear. We will talk about this later. Thana looked to Zalen as she moved closer to him, submitting as she did. This is mine and Shadow’s son, Shade. He was born well before either of us came to the area. Her tail tucked between her legs and her ears went back as she licked his chin. It would mean a lot to me if you would accept him my Alpha. She had already put what had happened between her and Zalen behind her. He was still her Alpha and still deserved her respect and he would be given it.
[html]
OOC / +1

Just before the young male spoke, Zalen sensed that there was some tension in the group; how strange, but he supposed such was normally the case with far-flung families. Either way, this Shade, genuflected well and asked with respect if he could join. Shadowfang said nothing, instead, seemed to shrink away, preoccupied with his own thoughts. Thana on the other hand seemed elated, and confirmed that this was her and Shadowfang’s son and that she would like him to join them. Zalen nodded, having heard all that he needed too, though he felt somewhat strange for not having been told sooner that Thana had had a child by Shadowfang.

Turning to the boy again, Zalen wagged his tail, It is always good to have family nearby, and therefore I will not turn you away. If you are half as a good as your father at hunting and combat, then you will be a great asset to us indeed. Zalen slid his eyesight to Shadow briefly, still quite aware that the man was upset with him, but hoping that he, like his mate, would soon learn to forgive and forget.

Welcome to New Dawn, Shade. I’m sure your parents are dying to speak to you, and they will show you the way to the den. He smiled and gave a small bow, excusing himself from the gathered.

<style type="text/css">
.zalen-widow b {font-weight:bold; color:#7b6653; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e250f; }
.zalen-widow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zalen-widow {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#110f0f; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/66epvr.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f3f31; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zalen-widow p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zalen-widow p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

[html]
Rest now, traveler, for you are home.

Your brothers and sisters welcome you to New Dawn!

Congratulations! You no longer stray from the path and have returned to life as a true wolf. You do not have to face this world alone, and now may rely on the wisdom of your pack to guide you.

If you have any questions or concerns you may always seek your alphas' guidance by contacting Nat (Zalen Damaichu). Feel free to start posting in your new home immediately, or if you would like to plan a thread you may poke your muzzle around in Thread Requests or Open Threads!

[/html]
Shadow looked to the ground and had lowered himself as was expected of him when the Alpha was near and lightly for Zalens ears alone he whispered to the man it was calm and without hate or pain or anything really it was a simple statement." Thank you....Shadow did the best to show that he still loved his brother by pushing him lightly with his shoulder and giving his Alpha the slightest of smirks and then Shadow looked over to his son and he saw himself in him, the pride and passion the strength and he would be a great addition to the pack and in terms of training he was sure Thana had taught him plenty. Shadow slowly rose when his Alpha walked off and he had watched Thana go to the Alpha and lick his chin and he knew why, it's because of what he was and that the sake of Shade was in the balance but Shadow was not ready to forgive not yet and Shadow felt plenty worse now that he knew his son hated him.

Shadow slowly moved over and stood near Thana but away from Shade not wanting to push the issue and the last thing he wanted was his own son glaring at him or worse attacking him but he wouldn't blame the boy for he was right in a since. Shadow knew though that he did not know Thana had a son or was pregnant and he had to keep telling himself this as he watched everyone before him. He was so looking forward to seeing his own blood and to see him looking exactly like him was an honor and he was proud to be the father of such a boy but the boys anger killed it." I'm sorry....." That was all Shadow could say for the moment.