Darkness approaching
Shade had just recently found out his mother was in the area and was going to find her. Problem was, he wasn’t entirely sure where she was. He would more than likely find out through someone though. She had been in the area for quite some time, surely someone knew where she was currently residing.

He wondered around for a little while, quickly growing hungry. Shade tracked down a rather large buck, and made sure to stay downwind. His mother had taught him well, leaving him as a skilled hunter and fighter. Shade waited for the perfect moment and he lunged forward, grabbing onto the buck’s antlers. He gave the deer’s head a sharp twist, hearing the sickening sound of it’s neck snapping as it’s limp body fell.

It didn’t take long for him to skin the animal, using the dagger that had once belonged to his father. Once the pelt was removed, he quickly dug into its delicious flesh. Once full, he laid down beneath a tree, leaving the rest for another or for the morning. It didn’t really matter if someone took the rest, it would be easy enough for him to find something for breakfast the next morning. For now, he would just relax.
It was good to stop traveling and just rest. Amy would never wish to stop, but being able to stay at a place that she called her own for at least a short time was enjoyable. The wagon was hers, along with many other things. In fact, there were few things that Amy didn't have a problem with claiming as her own. The difference was that she allowed other canines to claim the areas that she wasn't currently in when she was traveling, and if anyone stepped into her home, she would make sure to kill them.

The oddest scent came towards Amy. A mixture of something familiar and something she couldn't place. Moving towards it she looked at the dead deer, skinned and partly eaten. Her gaze rose to the wolf napping beneath a tree, the source of the familiarity. Was that Shadowfang's scent? Shaking her head Amy snorted. So he had a child. Coming over she prodded at him. Wake up. Would he know his father? Or was he the result of a one night stand? Either way would be interesting.
Having been exhuasted from his travels, Shade had managed to quickly fall into a deep sleep. Because of this, he didn't hear the approaching footsteps as he normally would. He slept peacefully for a little while until he was prodded. His eyes opened lazily, still half asleep as he looked up at a woman with a golden coat. She was beautiful but also older, probably around his mother's age. He didn't have much interest in the woman standing over him and had just assumed she was hungry and wanted what was left of the carcass.

If you want the rest of the deer just take it, I really don't care. There was no need for you to wake me. He rolled over onto his side, facing the tree instead of the woman. I'd like to rest now so if you could please just take the food and go, it would be much appreciated. He was being a little rude but he was exhuasted and still half asleep. He really wasn't up to much else, just wanted the woman gone so he could be left in peace.
The male's words brought a snort from the dog, listening to his rude manners. His eyes were a bright color, but his rudeness amused her more. How disappointing that had to be for Shadow, having a son with no manners and a wild temperament. She watched him roll over before crouching down, breathing in his scent more deeply. Others might think he was being generous with his offer, but Amy wasn't going to just let him ignore her. She had a lot of questions, and he promised to be a good source of amusement if nothing else.

Reaching out she nudged him again with her hand. Her body was partly tensed, ready to move back in case he had any training in how to fight. She sincerely doubted it, but she still wanted to be ready just in case. I don't want just the meat. You're Shadow's son, aren't you? Her voice was casual, acting as if it was nothing to really be stunned or shaken up about. Grinning Amy waited. What did he know of his father? There was so many things she could do with Shadow's son. Of course, hurting him was off limits. She was in his father's debt.
The woman nudged him again and he stood slowly. Shade looked the woman over before offering her a bow. I apologize Ma’am, I’m not usually this rude. I am simply weary from my travels. She asked if he was Shadow’s son and he gave the woman a questioning look. My father’s name is Shadowfang, or so I’ve been told. May I ask why it matters to you miss? It’s not like I’ve met him.

Did this woman know his father? Was he here? Perhaps that was why his mother came here. She was still in love with him after all and had always said that he would come back to them and that they would be a family. It never did happen though and Shade had to assume that his father simply had no interest in his own son.

You said you don’t want just the meat. So what else is there that I can offer you? I don’t have or know much so I’m afraid I wouldn’t be of much assistance to you.
Finally the black male stood up, sleepily looking at her. Stepping back Amy grinned, a predatory gaze with her hand gently fiddling with the hilt of her sword. Not that she would use it. His form was slim from his youth, if muscular. He had to have some training of a sort. Amy's own appearance was that of a traveling merchant, even with the various weapons. Her clothing was neat and professional, and if it weren't for her stance one would suppose that she was simply trying to scare others off when she couldn't actually use what she had. The bow was different, Amy's ears lifting in surprise as he did that.

I didn't expect that you have. I just found it intriguing to meet the son of one of my clients. It is good to keep such things in the family. Breeds a certain level of expectation. Smiling Amy moved over, leaning against a tree. His words were neat, polite and cutting through the air. He wouldn't be accused of dawdling in a conversation, that was for sure. You are Shadow's son, so I am hoping that you could perform the same task he does, working as a bodyguard. Unless you're untrained? I could tell you about your father in exchange if you are curious.