three rounds and a sound
[html]

With ease would the Luperci tread the rocks beneath splayed digits, slender limbs so leisurely navigating the soil, as habitually as she had done back home. The lady listened attentively, ear swiveled forward in anticipation for sound, but the realm of their scope caught nothing worth investigation. All was eerily quiet, save for the constant falsetto whine of the wind. The ceaseless gust callously flung salt-encrusted strands into her face, but for a moment she decided to let them fly, and let her attention instead shift to the show beginning in the heavens.

Dawn traced its heartbroken patterns throughout the sky with infinite tenderness; skeletal fingers of mourning rose gently warming the duskiness of a somber night Her lips parted in a sudden yawn; she instinctively hiding her mouth, though there was clearly no one to mind her lack of manners. Though well beyond the trivial constraints of a schedule by which to sleep, the darkness of night was like a fuel, and without it now she could feel the full length of travels weighing down her bones. The warming rays illumated a castle in the distance, perhaps a civilization. Thoughts of such a place filled her with immediate apprehension, bustling with the bodies of strangers and she, utterly alone. It had been less than a day since the shipwreck - she was startled by how easily walking solid ground, and having food in her belly, had made her forget her troubles. Now that she remembered, guilt and concern began to gnaw at the edges of her mind, fraying them ever so slightly and making her feel suddenly ill.

Slender hands rose to cup at each side of her muzzle, her chest expanding once before she cried out, a echoing call that ricocheted loudly as it descended the rocks surrounding. "Caliga? Naosus? Tamille? Can any of you hear me?" She listened for a moment, but heard nothing above the wailing vaccuum of the wind. Frustrated with herself, though lacking a reason, she somehow managed to raise her volume further. "Is there anyone to hear me at all?" It was a foolish thing, crying out without knowing the nature of who might reply, she knew that. She could not recall ever having been so loud, but desperation, obligation, to her shipmates drove her to new realms of angst. The vestiges of her energy worn out by the calls, Aoves wearily lowered herself to sit on the ground. One hand scooped up pebbles, played with them between palm and fingers, the other limb was used to prop up her head. Pale eyes flitted downwards, watching without interest as the stone and sand wore one another away; her hope was wearing away just as quickly.

[/html]
[html]

Hello there! Big Grin +426

He tried to step across the rocky shore with grace and ease, but Unatsikanogeni ended up stumbling on loose pebbles and stepping on a sharp stone; in hindsight, yelping and grabbing for the hurt foot wasn’t very intelligent when his balance was already compromised, and so it shouldn’t have been any surprise that he ended up in the rocky sand, huffing to himself. Sand, sand, salt, sand—this was why he hated the beach so much; it got everywhere, and he hated the taste of brine every time he licked his lips and nose. The howling wind didn’t help matters; his large ears flattened petulantly as he blinked sand from his lashes. There was almost no point in coming here at all!

But then the red wolf chanced a glance at the eastern horizon. The sun broke free from the ocean’s watery clutches, floating gently skyward and painting the sky with pink and periwinkle and primrose. He smiled involuntarily at the display, his tail flopping awkwardly against the rocks, and scrambled to sit upright again. It was pretty to watch the sunsets on the coastline of AniWaya, but traveling across the Western Tangles to see it rise was almost even more gorgeous. The yellow of the sun reminded him of his profession, of hope and love, and he wondered if this was some sort of a sign from the great spirits that everything was going to be okay.

Well, regardless of if the good omen was true, Unatsi still slipped and stumbled along the shoreline when he went to leave.

He fully intended to head straight back to AniWaya, perhaps hunting along the way (although everyone knew how well that would work), but his plans changed as a wind-distorted voice called out from further along the beach. His big ears pricked and swiveled forward, dislodging a piece of beaded hair from his head and letting it drop into his face. The call was perplexing, but the second a little louder and more clean-cut: someone asking if anyone else was there.

“Tsagatvganv!” the crop farmer howled back, lapsing into Cherokee. He made quick but clumsy process in that direction before finding the source of the call: a mink-colored female with curled dark hair and doggish feathering in many interesting places. She was reclined in the sand, dropping pebbles from her fingers, and Una swallowed uncertainly as he looked at her muscled, curvy form.

“Osiyo,” Unatsi stammered, and then: “I mean, hello, that’s what I meant, and I came because uh, you were—you were calling for somebody?”

<style>
.unacanoe b {color:#fff9ee; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.unacanoe b.npc {font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}
.unacanoe p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px; margin:0px;}
.unacanoe p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.unacanoe .inner {margin:5px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#6d5e3e;}
.unacanoe {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#ab9361; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/122yeeh.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:'Book Antiqua', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#000; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Her pebble rolling had been a useful distraction, so engaged that she failed to notice someone actually answering her call. The absentminded gaze rose just in time to see him navigate, or rather stumble, the small distance remaining between them. Confusion and wariness caused her brow to furrow, she mistaking his foreign greeting for the words of some rude jibe, and thinking he was making a jest. When he switched to a more familiar tongue however, she replied in kind with a simple "Hello.".

Her sense of smell was hardly fantastic, but she could at the very least tell that he lived around others, possibly a pack. And though it was nice to know they hadn't wrecked in the middle of nowhere, the lack of her comrades scents still did little to lift her hopes. Before the corners of her mouth could slip into a disappointed frown, a subtle smile was instead fabricated from the twitch of her lips. She nodded her head in agreement, with the forward momentum of her cranium rising fluidly to her feet; she could at least attempt to stand eye to eye. The sand drizzled in a lazy haze to the ground, and the rocks clattered loudly as she dropped them, then casually kicked them aside. Ebony stained arms crossed protectively over one another, but her tail would swish ever so faintly, thoughtfully, to not appear completely rigid and distant. "Somebodies to be a bit more specific, my friends and I were... separated, and I'd dearly love to find them. " Her words trailed off in a fretful murmur. The phrase was carefully worded as well; she didn't want to seem like a female, utterly alone, regardless of how casual the stranger seemed.

Only a moment after speaking, her eyes widened slightly, as though enlightened by some divine epiphany. Had he thought she was saying he wasn't a somebody - or that she couldn't care less that he had come to her at all? Naturally sensitive to the feelings of others, her head shook as she chided herself, tone lightening considerably as she continued to speak - this time more conversational. "But forgive me for being so rude, weighing you down with my troubles like that; my name is Aoves." Again, the smile was conjured up to decorate her face, for it had drooped mildly as she had spoken of her misfortune.

((hey, thanks for joining cSmile)
[/html]
[html]

No problem! ^^ I really like your ref of Aoves, btw. Big Grin And sorry about Una's total failure at everything; he's a moron. Wink +425

Of course, Unatsi should’ve known not to go around greeting people in his native tongue, but the language slipped out before he could stop himself. He was even more self-conscious with the fact that this was a loner, a pretty loner at that, and it showed in his posture and the soft clack of his beads as he fidgeted. He’d never really been social material, although it wasn’t for a lack of trying. He did grin nervously when she returned his greeting, the scar near his eye twitching in his facial tic.

The rangy man stepped backwards slightly out of politeness as she stood, further displaying the kinked and curled fur that marked her as a hybrid; a lot of the feathering was concentrated in the area that Una tried not to look at, having some manners. He suddenly couldn’t find a place for his hands and so mimicked her folded arms, his fingers still fidgeting along the thin muscle of his white one.

The woman explained that she’d been separated from her friends, and Unatsi frowned even as his big ears strained forward to hear more of her purring tones; he’d run across many strange accents, but this one was exotic all over again. He missed the widening of her strange grey eyes, and only shook his head frantically when she started to apologize.

“No, I don’t think—I don’t think you were being rude, I mean, your friends are gone—er, lost, separated, that whole uh, predicament.” His claws sank lightly into his fur as he tried to rein in his tongue, a losing battle. “But I—I asked the question, about if you were calling, or maybe it wasn’t an exact question like ‘Oh, why do you look glum, will you tell me what’s the matter?’ or something, but I still wanted an answer, and—and I’m sorry that your friends are missing so I’d be glad to help you find them,” he forced out, his ears flattening against his auburn mane. Okay, that was over at least.

“Aoves is a beautiful name,” Unatsi added with an awkward smile and twitch, sure he was butchering the pronunciation anyway. “My name is—well—it’s a long name, and in my language, and I don’t want to bore you with the ten minutes it’d take to recite it, uh, well, even if that’s a hyperbole—I mean—” He stopped, took a puffing breath, and reached up to wipe at his eye in annoyance.

“Call me Unatsi,” the red wolf managed to state concisely.

<style>
.unacanoe .inner {margin:5px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#6d5e3e;}
.unacanoe {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#ab9361; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/122yeeh.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:'Book Antiqua', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#000; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

The dame remained quiet and attentive as he spoke, only moving to push the persistent windblown strand away from her face. Her ears had pivoted forward to listen both patiently and politely, her head giving the occasional nod as though it would help coax out his words. so fidgety she noticed - the twiddling, the twitching. Was he nervous, perhaps afraid of her or some hazard that lurked in the territory, one that she knew nothing about? Given the difference in their heights and builds she doubted he was afraid of her, but that thought was a better alternative than there being some monster around the bend.

Though she tried to follow the others words, it was not done without some confusion, and she would get lost in the stops and stutters. Eventually she gave up all together, finding it easier to scan his face, catching the gist of where he was going from there. She was feeling better about him though - he seemed to be honest, and trying to follow his erratic speech kept her engaged.

As he admired her name, she could not help but let her smile widen, and this time the grin was genuinely bright. After all, what female didn't like a compliment? “Unatsi.” Her lips slowly meandered over his own name, curiously rolling the combination of foreign syllables across and off of her tongue. Grey eyes aimed skyward as she tested it out, quickly tattooing the name and face into her memory, just as she did with all she came across. Once she had committed a name to memory, she was guaranteed to never forget it.

“Unatsi, yes, I can say the same of your name as well - but why not share your full title mon chèr? I promise you that I'm not an easy one to bore.” The mutts words were teasingly spoken, a laugh underlying the quiet of her voice. Aoves would dodge his offer for help though, or at least find out more about him before staying in his company; not even sure herself if she could keep up the search. She had not rested since crawling onto the shore from the wreckage, though her lapse into unconsciousness hardly qualified as descent sleep. Just barely was she keeping fatigued quivers from racking her flesh; eyelashes drooped low in exhaustion, rather than being flirtatious or coy. She found it becoming increasingly easy to feign energy though, entertained by the quaintness of the other Luperci.

((thank you, and he's adorable! makes me want to give him a hug))
[/html]
[html]

Baha, I'm torturing the poor fellow at this rate. +315

He’d had many reactions to his constant stammering and rambling; these varied from uncomfortable silence to barely-polite smiles to outright mockery. In contrast to what he’d been expecting, though, the mink-colored woman seemed interested. Her platinum grey eyes rested on his face, her ears tilted toward him, and her head bobbed on occasion until she broke out into a beautiful smile. His words cut off immediately at that point, and he couldn’t help but smile awkwardly back; the expression only grew more awkward when he heard his name formed in her accented voice.

As it was, it took Unatsi a moment to realize that she was directly addressing him about his name; his big ears waggled in a way reminiscent of a deer’s before he nodded, forgetting all about the offer he’d given just a few moments ago about finding her friends.

“My name is Unatsikanogeni Adahy,” the ruddy-furred man said with a little bow. He realized that didn’t take that long at all, and his words bubbled out to make up for it. “Unatsi-kanogeni means snow-arm,” he added, gesturing to his fully white one. “Adahy means—well, it’s just a family name, you know, passed on from my father.”

He was fairly pleased with his relatively short phrases, and his tail flickered behind him. “But enough about me,” he mumbled in an attempt to be conversational, “what of you? You don’t sound like you come from around here—er, I mean, not that you’re especially foreign, but your voice is, and I think that’s a good thing because your accent is beautiful, uh, more beautiful than others I ran into, evidence that there are a lot of people who end up here who came from elsewhere and—” He cut off with a tiny little jerk that was equal parts twitch and wince, realizing he’d just destroyed whatever normalness he’d been able to cultivate.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

The smile continued as he spoke of his names, encouraging, she had always held in interest in others cultures, and wondered now if names like his were the standard for the area. It did not shrink in the slightest though, for as he made the roundabout compliment of her accent, she found that it would not fall from her face.
"I came from the place beyond this sea" She gestured to him as she spoke of Europe; her head gently tilting towards the shore, shrugging in the general direction of the Atlantic. "I lived along the coast, it was quite a beautiful place. At times I find myself missing it." A nostalgic sigh punctuated her last words. She had intended to go into the intricacies of the cathedral itself, and speak of the soothing thunder on the cliffs, but realized she could no longer continue on the subject. She didn't want to dwell on thoughts of home too much, the nostalgia was turning into sickness, and an emotion she rarely felt, regret.

A black hand unfolded, waving lightly in the air as though to fan away the thoughts, dismissing them from her mind. There was no point in musing over the what-ifs though - she would learn everything she could while; and survive, just as she always had. Her thoughts of home were less than desired, and increasingly unwelcome in her head, they had no benefit now that she was here, and would only sour her thoughts later.

Instead she returned to the subject of his name, since he seemed to be calmer speaking of himself,of returning the arm to a cross at her torso, it instead reached out towards him. "You don't give your full name credit, I think it's quite noble. And perhaps I could have a closer look at your, ah, namesake?" She rarely enjoyed making others uncomfortable, but despite her best efforts, the more she talked the more she seemed to set him on edge. She was a sensory creature; she knew his masculine musk, what he looked like, the clatter of his beads, and the unforgettable way in which he spoke. Now all she need was one touch, to fully commit him to memory and be satisfied. Besides her own natural curiosity, a saying always went that a womans touch could cure anything, she hoped the same could applied to his anxiety.

((my mind is too tired to remember her hex#, will edit tomorrow :x))

[/html]
[html]

Maybe you should look into using CSS. :O Just bold tags required and you can style it whatever colors you want! I think I'll make you a table. xD +307

Aoves indicated the ocean as she said she lived at the place across it, and Unatsikanogeni brightened as he followed her gaze and tried, once again, to imagine the land past the celadon-glazed waves. He wondered if it was just as varied as Nova Scotia seemed to be, a place where different luperci had different beliefs and names and tongues. He smiled then returned his attention to her, nodding in sympathy as she spoke of missing it.

“I have a friend—well, more of an acquaintance, but I guess we could be friends, I don’t remember if we ever actually set down the terms, but—a friend who comes across from the sea!” He nodded and went on to display his knowledge and experience. “He said it was called London, and it had great architecture and it was always rainy, but his accent was…well, different than yours. I mean, I have an accent compared to others here, but his was a bit—oh, I don’t know. I told him not to beat himself up about it, though.”

Having demonstrated his impeccable knowledge of the land beyond the sea and his attributes of friendliness and encouragement, Unatsi beamed; and, for an instant, the newfound confidence shifted his features slightly so that he looked—at least a little—less awkward than before. It all came rushing back, though, when she stretched out a dark-gloved arm and asked to see his “namesake.” His jaw slackened, and he glanced at the snowy-white arm as if he’d discovered it had magical properties he hadn’t been aware of. Wide green eyes darted back to her, wondering if she was serious, and then with all the caution of a man putting his arm into the mouth of an alligator (which sort of went against the whole “caution” thing), gingerly stretched it out to her.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Her head nodded again as she listened to him speak, not coaxing this time, but agreeing - she had heard some interesting English dialects before, and could make a stab at what his friend sounded like. As he smiled, she continued to let her smile hang as well; but hers was because she finally saw him getting comfortable with her, not tripping over his words half as often as he had initially. When he first laid out his arm, she merely looked at the limb for a second ,a total white, as though his arm had been dipped in a bucket of paint. Then her unfolded arm reached forward curiously, two fingers extending to lightly glide from the limit of her reach down to his wrist, hoping not to spook him more than her request had.

Beneath her fingers she only felt fur, though it would have been a surprise to find anything else. She commented thoughtfully as neared the end of his arm. "I never even knew that wolves could sport markings like this, very fitting indeed. A good name with a good reason behind it." The touch was like a final piece in a puzzle; a 3 dimensional labyrinth of a puzzle, locked away in her mental vault where she would not forget. Her odd habit had been satisfied.

Once finished with her examination she took a small step back; she felt she owed it to him for invading his personal space as she had. She spoke as she moved backward, eyes curiously roving from his arm and the accessories he wore.
"But tell me, besides the foreigners you mentioned, are the rest of the wolves like you, and your name? I think I will 'ave much more to learn if they are." She was referring to the culture as a whole, the names, the accessories he wore, everything that she noticed as being different. She hadn't been naive enough to believe that things would be just like home - that had been the reason she'd left in the first place, to get away from what was turning into monotony. She had to admit though, the prospect of having to learn multiple names as long as his was a bit daunting.

((kjdsvfoinbtjskthat would be amazingBig Grin and I didn't feel like I was doing her heritage justice, so just felt the urge to sprinkle some accent in there c: ))

[/html]
[html]

+427

Unatsi wasn’t really sure what the woman wanted with his arm; he wasn’t used to just handing parts himself to others unless healers were counted, but as far as he knew nothing was wrong with his arm. It was just white to the shoulder, same as always, a defect of color. His opposite arm was lined with the pale color underneath and on his fingers, but it remained mostly the orange-ish color of the rest of his coat. Otherwise, both were lanky and unremarkable.

But then a dark hand reached out to him, and her fingers lingered on his arm and trailed down to his hand. He remained very, very still and tried to meet her platinum eyes, tried to read what she was thinking. When she stopped to comment on it, the man almost made a defensive remark about how of course wolves could have those markings (it wasn’t like he had dog ancestry, after all; or so he told himself repeatdly), but he realized he’d been holding his breath the entire time she’d been touching him—and so he gulped air, and shoved his retort aside.

“What does your name mean? Do you know?” Unatsi asked instead, his big ears falling back as he brought his snowy arm close to his chest. He was almost afraid to touch it after she had, but he placed his fingers on it for an instant to make sure it hadn’t changed somehow.

Her question surprised him lightly, but he found his smile as he replied brightly. “Oh, not at all; I’ve learned that since coming here.” He turned his head, long snout pointing in the vague direction of AniWaya’s lands. “My tribe is the only place where there are wolves like me, but even it has some outsiders—uh, which maybe requires explanation, but for now I’ll just say most of my tribe moved here from elsewhere, and some unrelated wolves from elsewhere joined the tribe—and I guess that’s the gist of it, actually, but anyway…”

He cleared his throat and made a slightly broader gesture, this one meant to include all of Nova Scotia. “There are many other tribes here, too—well, most of them are called packs. Each has their own little quirks, I guess. Don’t know how many there are, though; maybe four or so in the south alone. And besides them there are loners who don’t have a pack.” He tilted his head and grinned. “So I’d say we’re all very assorted here, but maybe that means there’s more for you to learn.”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

thanks again for the table :v

The sudden shift in his demeanor took her by surprise; her own body shifting naturally to a more defensive stance, a step angling her body away with arms crossed once again. The movement didn't prevent her from answering his question though, and though her smile had fallen, her tones were just as warm as before. "My name? Oh, it has no meaning at all!" She chuckled softly to herself as she spoke to him, her name was merely a collection of sounds that her whimsical mother had found pleasing. "That's the reason I left my country Unatsi, for I, unlike you, was not gifted with a story to my name. And so I decided to make a story for it myself." As she stated her motive, it was accompanied only with a minor shrug, as though becoming a household name were as normal as taking a walk.

She then fell silent again, listening more even more intently as he spoke of the lands. The nods that followed his explanation for the country were very faint, her chin dipping with the slightest hesitation, her confidence from before threatening to waver. Her lower lip was pinned by the pressure of a fang, she nibbling it thoughtfully as she listened. Her brows too furrowed in the slightest concern as she listened, but still the woman was silent, focusing on absorbing the information. Her eyes angled to follow the first of his gestures, then scoping the whole of the land as she followed his second, but she had no idea of how to respond.

The area was apparently bigger than it looked from afar, if it could support so many, and she'd yet to find her companions. When he finished, she let a resigned sigh hiss past her lips. He was right about there being so much more to learn, she turned away from him in thought, looking over again to the sea. She would need the moment to organize her thoughts, otherwise she risked feeling further overwhelmed.

<style type="text/css">
.aovaze b {color:#181f1e;}
.aovaze .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px;}
.aovaze .line {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #181f1e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.aovaze p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.aovaze {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d7ceb8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CV2nM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #181f1e; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c584f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

+315

Aoves said that her name had no meaning—and, furthermore, that she had crossed the seas in order to give it a meaning of her own. She shrugged carelessly after confessing this, although to Unatsikanogeni it sounded like something from a childhood story, a character going out on a quest that would ultimately shape them into something that would have consequences for lifetimes to come. He thought he would have quailed if faced with the same task—although he realized he was no stranger to journeys of the soul. Had he not met his spirit guide in the same way?

His explanation was met with a troubled sort of silence, and his green eyes darted over her face to assess whether he’d said the right thing. He flinched at her sigh, and more words bubbled up to fill what he thought was an awkward silence. “Well, don’t feel disheartened by that, I mean—it’s a lot to learn, but it’s not as if you’ll—er, well, maybe it is dangerous, if you don’t pay attention, but I don’t think—” Once again he fell into stammers, his hands fidgeting and wringing together. He was doing the opposite of what he intended, of course, when he only wanted to comfort her and give her some semblance of hope.

“You can—you can—” Unatsi stuttered out, and then blinked. “I can help you,” he blurted, drawing himself up slightly to his meager full height. “If you need a place to stay for the night, I can offer my home, or rather my, my tribe’s lands in general, not necessarily my actual hut, unless that’s not a problem, but—” A short-term memory sparked, and he tried to smile. “Or your friends, I can help to find them,” he remembered. “Maybe they’ve found shelter at one of the packs?”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

His nervousness pulled her from the fretful silence, the natural urge to comfort others greater than her own worries. His attempts to comfort her were met mostly with success; she trying to smile with some difficulty, settling for a minute upturning of her lips corners instead. Aoves listened to his stuttered solaces, but wished to tell him that he shouldn't be the one worrying in the first place; now she just felt as though she were making her burden his. As his words continued, she followed with her face unchanging, her expression only shifting when he made his offer. She finally managed to reassemble a smile, though her ears flattened almost guiltily upon her head.

"Really?" The full surprise she felt was kept from her voice, not wishing to offend him. It wan't that she thought he was incapable of hospitality, but to be so suddenly faced by a genuine kindness - and from a semi-stranger at that - took her by surprise. Normally had a stranger offered her a stay, and a male more specifically, she would have been on alert immediately - but Unatsi seemed too honest to deny. The woman had been happy enough at having him listen to her troubles, but his offer at a safe place to rest was a step higherer altogether. She knew that she would accept the offer; tired and lonely as she was, but felt simultaneously embarrassed that she had nothing to repay him with.

As such, the thought that she was being grievously rude afflicted her own speech. "Ah, so long as your tribe doesn't mind, I could stay and rest for a little while, perhaps, but I will try not to make inconviencing you a regular thing." The dame laughed again, a nervous edge preventing the noise from sounding truly light, but if only to convince him that his consolations had worked. "And if I find them-" her mouth closed with a curt click; it was a simple slip of the tongue, or so she told herself. "Once I find them, I'm sure everything will be alright." A determined nod emphasized her words, and she viciously ordered her mind to accept and believe the optimism in her tone.

<style type="text/css">
.aovaze .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px;}
.aovaze .line {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #181f1e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.aovaze {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d7ceb8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CV2nM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #181f1e; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c584f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Once again, I'm sorry for taking so long!

The mink-furred woman perked up at his offer, and Unatsi wondered if he’d said the wrong thing or if this was all going to come back and bite him in the tail-end later. He genuinely wanted to help, of course, but he was so used to being inadequate that he grew nervous even over offering her a place to crash for the night.

Aoves (more or less) accepted the offer with some nervous murmuring, and the farmer cracked a twitchy grin. “Oh, the tribe won’t mind, love, as long as you aren’t a murderer or something.” He continued to babble on without quite registering what he was saying. “Especially if it’s just for a little while; I mean, if you’re just freeloading—which I don’t think you’d do, I mean, you seem like an upstanding person, so probably no problem—but at most they might ask you to help out, uh, you know, with a little hunting or something like that. But uh—don’t worry, it won’t inconvenience me, I’m sure you’d do the same if we swapped places.”

He rubbed awkwardly at the back of his neck then sent her another smile at the shift of optimism in her tone. “Yeah, not too much land to explore, you have to find them eventually.” With that fact all well and stated clearly, he shuffled a foot slightly then smiled at her more shyly. “You do look kind of tired now, a little exhausted maybe, so I can—I can show you the way to AniWaya now, if you want.” He gave a little bow.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

No worries! and you can powerplay her exiting the thread with him, but do you want to thread out her stay?

Her mind was put at ease; upon hearing that the tribe wouldn't mind her presence everything seemed justified, she finally felt able to nod confidently, fully supporting the offer. New scenarios were already beginning to spin in her head though; would the others honestly think she that was a mooch, would they think ill of her for intruding upon their lives?

She luckily wan't given too much time to dwell on her thought, for again as he continued speaking, she was left struggling to follow his long trail of words - only able to offer weak, blank faced nods in return. The last 'you look exhausted' stood out quite clearly though. It equated with a 'you don't look too good' in her mind, and he may as well have said that she looked horrendous. She'd certainly have to fix that, and the only way was with sleep. A hand raised to comb absentmindedly through her air, the gratitude plain in her voice, even as she spoke during the unconscious preening.

"That would be wonderful." she admitted. She returned his bow with a slight tilt and dip of her own head, then taking the first few steps towards the tribe, having remembered the general direction he had gestured earlier on. The steps were not meant to carry her far however; she fully intended to follow him and learn the land along the way; she had stepped forward only to show that she was ready to go.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]