[J] Take These Broken Wings and Learn to Fly
[html]

ooc: In Etheral Eclipse, it's very early in the morning; the moon is still out

Edgar sat on a fallen log as he began to draw the beautiful face of his mother. Her eyes, shaped similar to a cat's, weren't copper like his. Her right eye was a striking silver and her left had been a bright blue; the kind of blue you'd see up in the sky on a sunny day. The woman had waist-length, wavy red hair that was parted to the right. She often wore a light-purple dress with a white apron that would carry flowers and many other things. Edgar's mother had been also very talented, she could play the fiddle beautifully. Although he couldn't hear it, Edgar loved to watch her because it would send calm vibrations throughout a room and because it was interesting to watch her long, slender hands move about so skillfully and quickly. The picture of her that he was drawing was her playing her fiddle in the upstairs room of the barn with the sun just coming up. The artist had wished he could add colors to it, the colored pencils he had now were all worn down and his paints were all old and dried up. He planned on trading some of his artwork for more art supplies, but the boy wasn't sure of where he should go to do something like that. Suddenly, a new scent came up in the air. Someone was approaching him.

<style>
.cloudguilt .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.cloudguilt p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.cloudguilt b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.cloudguilt {background-color:#254893; background-image:url(http://oi45.tinypic.com/2cen59l.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.cloudguilt .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9ECBF7; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(301) OOC: sorry about the wait <3 Eclipse is wearing the clothes that she had on in her profile Smile

Eclipse was happy, she had seen Robert leave to his old home and knew what he was doing. She wanted to help but the best way she could do it was stay out of his way, then help put the stuff where it would belong later, she instead was going for a walk wondering how her life changed with just that kiss. That one little kiss. A small smile was creased along her lips. She was one happy woman.

She was still daydreaming about Robert and the signs of life and a wolf nearby did not come to her right away and she nearly stumbled onto him, not actually on him, but quite close to where he was when his scent finally pierced her daydream and she stopped. She was within his sight and she looked at him. He seemed to have already noticed her and was looking her way. She blushed a little feeling stupid that she wasn’t paying any attention to what was around “Oh I am sorry,” She said blushing, she was about to back away when she noticed the picture he had drawn and her eyes went wide and she forgot all pretenses and blinked while saying; “That is beautiful, I have never seen anything like it!” She said, her eyes sparkling with interest. She wondered who it was, it was definitely female. She would get to that, if the man was open about his work. She knew her pack was full of artists so she wondered if that was why he was here near their borders, not too close that she had to take defensive against him and ask him real questions as to his motives, but it made her wonder if he was close to a destination he wanted.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

ooc: That's alright! By the way, I made Edgar ask Levent what the name was of Cercatori D'Arte so that's how he knows it.

The male was looking right into the bluish-lilac eyes of a young woman. She then appeared to be saying something about the sketch on his page, her eyes widened with fascination. It's a drawing of my mother, she's dead now. Would you mind writing down what you just said? I've never been able to hear he wrote onto the corner of the page for the luperci to read, he looked up at her with a warm smile and gave her a nod. He hoped that she would stay with him so that he could ask her about this Cercatori D'Arte, he knew that she had to have known at least something about it since he was already so close to it. The boy's fowl entered the scene, softly landing on the ground and looking up at the two of them. She moved a bit closer to examine the young lady. Do you know anything about Cercatori D'Arte? he added onto the page in rather small text so that it wouldn't crowd over into his drawing. If she didn't have a clue about the pack, he just might turn around and hide away in the woods; to be a loner for life.

<style>
.cloudguilt {background-color:#254893; background-image:url(http://oi45.tinypic.com/2cen59l.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.cloudguilt .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9ECBF7; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(242) OOC: she can be creative in her own ways hahaha

She blinked as she watched him write. What he wrote confused her, not the first part but the second... couldn’t he hear what she said? But then she thought back on Hotaru who couldnt’ see... perhaps he couldn’t hear. She hesitated, she didn’t want to write on his beautiful drawing. She looked around to see waht else she could use, but there was nothing but leaves and sticks laying around. Then she got an idea and held up her finger, then foraged for sticks, which wasnt’ hard around these parts. Then she formed the words “New Paper” With the sticks and gave him the best questioning look she could give him. She was resourceful, and she truly didn’t want to destroy such beautiful art.

A goose came fluttering to her and she nearly jumped out of her skin in surprise, she wasn’t much of a bird person and this was a big bird. She moved away slightly, not sure how to take it, but figured it was the man’s pet, so she couldn’t just snap its neck. He wrote more down on the paper and cautiously, she looked and smiled nodding at her question. She would gladly tell him, oh she wished she could communicate better though. He seemed like a nice man and if things were they way they seemed to go they might get a new artist in the pack. A very talented one at that.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Smile 1pt from word of the day

Noticing her walk away and gather sticks, he became confused. It was times like this that he wished he wasn't deaf, even if he just wasn't then he'd still be confused with words. After she finished moving the sticks around and looked up at him with an inquisitive expression, Edgar realized what she was working on. He read the message, then looking back at her and nodding. The Brittany then turned the page of his notebook and handed it to her with a friendly smile. He continued to think about his mother and her relationship with his father when she was alive. Edgar's parents hadn't really been coetaneous with each other; Edgar's father was 10 and his mother was 1 when he was born. His mother had been forced to marry him, he was actually her uncle. There was never really one point in their mateship where she actually loved him. Although he had been the one to kill her, Edgar's father had sometimes, though not often, been kind to her. He was strange like that. Edgar focused back on the female and smiled when she nodded in response to what he wrote. He nodded back, telling her to explain a bit about the pack.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(368) OOC:

It had been a bit of work to get her thought across but it was worth it, he gave her a clean piece of paper and she smiled happily, hoping he would be ok with her slow sloppy writing. It had been many moons since she wrote anything. Her print was slow, but thoughtful as she wrote small letters on the paper; “That is beautiful, I have never seen anything like it! Your mother really was beautiful. I am sorry to hear she passed;” She paused at the thoughts running through her mind about Cercatori, thinking of all the things she could tell him There was so much; “We are a pack of Traders and merchants and Artists. There are many who can do many different things, we are quite diverse, but we are still brothers and sisters. We work together in our way.” She paused thinking of anything else to say. Then smiled; “Your own art would be greatly appreciated. We have few who can draw like yoruself.” She wrote again, though she didn’t know his biggest need, and that Cercatori had an abundance of it from the year of scavanging and hoarding the crayons, watercolor, pencils, and anything else that survived 20 some odd years of destruction.

“My name is Eclipse” She then wrote, and added “Who are you?” It was odd, the silence, she wasn’t use to it, but it felt different in a way as she wrote everything she was thinking on the paper, and it made her wonder, why she didn’t write more often. It was making her feel good, though it reminded her much of her mother who had taught her how to read when she was really young. She learned how to write on her own by copying the words she read when she was bored while traveling finding about her own family, though she did not really use the writing for anything... until now. So her words were slow in coming but she knew her abc’s well enough and remembered what they looked like and was able to put them all forward, which she was considerably proud of.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

The boy's cloudy gaze focused on the tiny letters, his tail beginning to wag in curiousity; her words only confirmed his belief that Cercatori D'Arte was a safe pack. He felt relieved knowing that the pack was "diverse", that'd maybe make them more accepting of his disabilty. He hoped that he'd get a good rank though, not just being stuck in the packlands because they thought he was just some handicapped luperci that couldn't be safe anywhere else. Edgar felt flattered as he read over the comment about how beautiful his mother must have been, he was glad that she could understand that piece of his beloved mother. The male then finally found out what her name was; Eclipse. Edgar had seen an eclipse before, he had a painting in his notepad of one; he loved her name. The spaniel then happily scribbled his reply beneath her's, his writing small and sloppy like Eclipse's. Edgar is my name and thank you, that really means a lot too me, that went for her compliment and her sympathy, Do you know a man with the name Levent? Just the other day he had told me about your pack too, it seemed as if he were a member too. It would? Well, I'm glad to hear that! Realizing what he had written in the last sentence, the boy scratched out the "hear" part and replaced it with "know". After hesitating for a moment, he then continued with one last part: I also can cook, would that be useful at all? You must have travelled a long way, I could make something for you, he hoped that she was hungry, he was always more than happy to cook for others.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(322) OOC:

It seemed the bi colored man was happy with her answer and he replied with his own, she smiled as he wrote his name, Edgar, it was a different sort of name, not something she heard every day. Then her smile fell as he asked if she knew someone... someone who never even said goodbye. Her ears folded back and she looked off in the distance not able to read at that moment. She waited for a second to compose herself so that she wouldn’t go off on him, since it was not Edgar’s fautl Levant left, it was Levant’s and she could not forgive him even for giving praise to Cercatori. She hated that he left and never said goodbye but after the death of his own children, she could hardly blame him so she had to compose herself, writing; “He was, he left, personal reasons.” She would not be the one to give his reason’s it would be him Or Hotaru, it was not Eclipse’s place.

What he wrote after though seemed to take all thought off Levant as he said he could cook too. Her face seemed to lighten too and she forgot that she was with a deaf man. “Me too!” She exclaimed. Remembering at the last second she wrote down; “I too am a cook! what is it you can make? I am still learning, but have always been interested since a pup” Her writing was missing a deal of grammar, and it was sort of sloppy but she hoped he could read it well enough because she was just excited to learn there was someone else who could cook. It was rare enough these days, most wolves preferred their meat uncooked, unchanged from the second it is killed, she didn’t mind raw meat at all but loved the different tastes cooking gave and the different possibilities of it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/GNZWJ.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

ooc: Maybe Eclipse can lead him to Cercatori D'Arte soon? I talked with Ariel too and she might want Hotaru to join in, and then of course Skye would have to be there. 1 point from word of day

The boy watched as the brunette struggled to keep her cool, seeming to be upset by the question he had asked. Edgar then began to feel guilty for even asking, figuring that Levent must have been someone very special to her and that he somehow betrayed her; since he was still alive. He watched as after trying to compose herself for a while, she had finally taken his pencil and printed out a reply. Her bright eyes then continued to follow his words he wrote on the page; a big smile coming to her face. This time when she wrote, the luperci could tell that she was more excited by how quickly she had written it. Eclipse had given him a generous smile, then handing him back the notepad for him to read; at the corner of his eye he could see her watching him read her response. I'm sorry I asked, he really was and he told himself how he should've known the man had some issues going on by his mood, That's great, I'm glad I'm not the only one who gags at the thought of eating raw meat. Edgar then added, I can make a lot of things; anything in this book, pausing to point at his recipe book, and I've even made my own recipes. I'd love to teach you now but I'm afraid I can't show you all that much with just a little fire out here in the woods; I need to have a more decent place to cook. If you could lead me the way to your pack, I could probably teach you what I know over there, he hoped she would take this offer, he read over what he had wrote again just so that there wasn't any way he could bollix another opportunity of his; which happened far too often to him.

[/html]
[html]
(335) OOC: I'll have them in her place in the next post Big Grin

She knew he could see her expression, she showed it as clear as day, and she felt bad, because her anger was not put towards Edgar’s She did her best to shake it off, which it was quickly by the mention of cooking, though when he wrote he wasn’t the only one put off by raw meat she shrugged; ”I eat raw meat, I like cooked more though;” She wrote, admittedly she didn’t cook most of her meat all the way through, her favorite was crispy on the outside where it was still juicy and raw on the inside, and she somehow knew how to trap the heat inside the meat so that when she put her teeth in, it was not colder than it was on the outside. It was a trick that she had to pay attention at all times.

she read the last part and thought about Skye, she wouldnt’ mind if Eclipse brought the man in to learn some useful tips. She knew much of what she could from a book so anything else she could learn from the man and her own home fireplace would suit well enough. Of course she was sure Robert was home but she would worry about that later. She turned to him smiled and nodded. She handed him back his notepad just in case he had questions or something else. It was still odd to have to write most things down just so this man could “hear” her. She wondered... if he and Hotaru met.... how would they communicate? It was an odd thought as she moved him through the forest quickly towards the borders of Cercatori. She wondered if the deaf man would want to live among the group itself, but thought it too prudent just to ask him, perhaps she could see how his food tasted, and just his art alone would get him accepted. She could never do anything like what this man drew that was for sure.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Alright c:

Edgar smiled at her before nodding a bit and writing; I'll admit that I do like my meat a little bloody, I don't find burnt meat to have a lot of flavor. There were some times when Edgar was starving where he would force himself to eat it completely uncooked, and it wasn't the most appetizing meal he'd ever had. The dog did like his meat cooked medium rare though, which was a way of cooking it that he had perfected. He could recall a time when he had tried eating his meat more cooked, and that was probably more disgusting than the taste of it completely raw. She seemed to have an idea forming in her mind to take him with her, possibly offering him to join the pack. He thought he should say that he actually wanted to join, so that she wouldn't kick her out right when he was done teaching her about how he cooked. I'd actually love to join your pack, if that's alright. I just wasn't sure if it was already too crowded, he wondered if it was; that would mean more drawings in his notebook since he drew every luperci and animal he met or saw. The dog stood up on his legs and picked up his bag, looking over at her.

[/html]
[html]
(251) OOC: Wheee, Big Grin

She looked at what he wrote and bit her lip. Thinking. She had no way of saying he would be accepted or not, but that was ok, because she was sure he had plenty to offer. She wrote one last thing in his book, handed him it reading; “It is up to our leader.” Then she motioned to the deaf man to follow her. They moved through the forested trees into thicker wood. The smell of Cercatori was about them as they passed through the invisible borders. Nothing else changed for some time. There were trees, and more trees all over. She made sure to keep away from the terrace where the memories of things past still haunted her.

Things changed as soon as they hit Thornbury. It was a sudden stop of trees and from there it all became buildings of many different shapes and sizes. She stayed quiet knowing he couldn’t hear so why waste her breath, things could be explained later on when he was showing her what he knew. She motioned for him to continue as she headed straight towards Skye’s home. She was sure the matriarch was there with her pups and Eclipse was excited in the thought of another new joiner, she had greeted Hotaru’s own brother only a few days past. She stepped up onto the porch that belonged to Skye and knocked on the door, holding up a finger for Edgar to wait. A small grin on her face.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Yay!

The boy watched Eclipse as she quickly scrawled down a few words, wanting to reach the packlands just in time to meet the pack leader. Edgar wondered what this pack leader would be like. Would they be a man or woman? Maybe a couple? He hoped that they wouldn't be anything like his father, although he still loved him dearly; even after he killed the two luperci who mattered the most to him. The dog gulped, hoping that this new pack wouldn't be anything like his family's as he glanced down at her note. Edgar looked back up at the wolfess and gave her a sincere nod, wishing to continue on toward her pack's territory. Right when they started moving, Edgar found out something else about her; she was very fast. He knew this because she was able to match his speed, something that most luperci he met could not do. Both he and Eclipse had very light and lithe figures, so their trip past the borders didn't seem to last that long. Edgar took in the different sights and smells of the pack, he could tell that they had already passed the borders since new scents of other canines being flowing into his nostrils. He was excited, and it was quite obvious that he was as he stood there with a growing smile on his lips at the doorstep of what he figured was the pack leader's. He just hoped he wouldn't be turned down.

[/html]
[html]
welcome! Smile

Skye sighed, slowly rising from her seat to answer the knock on her door. Her pups giggled in their makeshift crib, and she put her finger to her lips, and indicated that she would only be gone a short time. She then walked to the door, idly wondering who was there, and drew it open.

Standing before her was Eclipse, her eager countenance bringing light to Skye's heart; she looked to the side of her, seeing a stranger she did not recognize. The man was slightly thin, with a build different than others she had seen before; perhaps he was a joiner? A trader?

"Hello, Eclipse," she said. "Who do we have here?" She turned to the newcomer, her hand resting on the frame of the doorway.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly13 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #7f96b6;}
.freebjuly13 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly13 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#81acc1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july13.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2d586d; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d586d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
[html]
(254) OOC: :3 I am not sure where Hotaru will fit in here but i'll try to amke sure she knows about it.

She smiled at the man as they waited for the door to be answered and could see his apprehension. It was like she felt.... just before her horse went into labor of course. This was far less stressful. Finally the door opened and Skye poked herself out. Eclipse gave her a wide grin. “Skye! I hope I did not bother you.” She said a warm smile on the young woman’s face; “This is Edgar! I met him in the forest.” She was more excited now thinking of him joining and then teaching her something he knew about cooking and perhaps her showing him some she knew.

She turned to Edgar pointed to her word leader and then to Skye and since she did not have the writing utensil pointed her finger up in the air and then back at the woman. Meaning her name was Skye. She was sure he would hand the woman the notebook but it was up to him to tell her his hearing problems, that was not what she was here for; “He would like to join. I saw one of his pieces of artwort... and... He can cook!” She said with excitement in her voice especially at the end. Her tail wagged back and forth at the news to the woman and a grin on Eclipses’ face She was sure that she would let Edgar in, after all she let in a blind carpenter, why not a deaf artist and cook?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

Skye was glad to see Eclipse so excited and happy about something - perhaps she was slowly getting over the loss of her pups, and that was a good thing. She turned to Edgar, curious about the gestures that Eclipse made. Still, she would not turn away one who was able bodied and willing to work - and who was an artist, as the pack was originally made from.

She did not know him, and she had not heard him speak just yet.. but he seemed honest, although that was to be yet seen.

She smiled at the man - Edgar - and nodded, slightly. "Is this true?" she asked him. "We are a pack of merchants and artists, after all."

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly13 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #7f96b6;}
.freebjuly13 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly13 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#81acc1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july13.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2d586d; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d586d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Sorry I took so long, I took Hotaru out of the title and I hope it's okay I pped Skye so they could just shake hands.

Edgar's grin widened as the leader stepped out of the door. She had wavvy red hair and appeared to like jewelry a lot; having bracelets and a colorful necklace. The leader had deep brown eyes and a cream-colored coat; she appeared to be a very trustworthy leader. Still smiling, the male held out his hand. The two shook hands, hers' being a whole lot strong than his. Looking over at Eclipse, he could tell that she was saying something to the red-haired wolfess; the leader nodding in her direction a few times as if she understood something she just said. Then a little problem came along, Skye was asking him something. Well, that was actually good at the same time; Eclipse was so focused on what he actually could do rather than what he couldn't. Edgar, still holding his notepad and pen in his left hand, quickly jotted down: I am deaf, I'm sure Eclipse has told you already though but my name is Edgar and I can cook and draw. If there's any way I can be useful around here then please let me know. Expecting Skye to write back, he handed the notepad and pen gently to her. He was excited to start his new pack life.

[/html]
[html]
(240) OOC: derp!

Eclipse could still see something off in Skye. She was not the woman she had met at the borders, giving that beautiful smile when the foal was born, and then the attention she normally gave. It worried the young woman, was there something wrong deep down? Eclipse would try to make Robert talk to her and see what it was. For now it was best to keep things on topic especially since the stranger here knew nothing of Skye just yet and he would eventually but Eclipse wasn’t going to put other’s problems out on the table as she had not for Edgar. She was not one to gossip and tended to mind her own business unless it really meant she should intervene. She would let Robert do that first as this was his mother, she was only his mate so she was part of the family through just that.

She saw him writing something down and waited. She was sure he was explaining to Skye about his slight problem, but it wouldn’t be too big of a deal. Eclipse waited patiently, standing out of the way now so the two could get what needed to be done over with as she knew Skye had puppies inside to be tended to. She only waited now because he had something to offer her and she was interested in what he would have to show her. So wait she did.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]