the lovers are losing
[html]

WC:: 1835 OOC::

Rage and sadness built up in the golden woman, a tumultuous storm ready to break at any second. It was threatening to spill out into the very life she had cultivated for herself in New Dawn, and every second she remained within the lands that held the memory of her three babies growing inside her, she wanted to lash out and attack her family. How dare they assume that because they lived the lives of “normal” wolves, the “natural” loss of her children should be less painful than it already was? She imagined the faces and voices of her brothers and sisters telling her to “move on” or it “happens all the time”, only to expect her to bounce back like it never even happened though her stomach was still rounded, her breasts were still full of milk, and the healing gash above her brow was only another reminder of that horrible day. Not only did she mourn the loss of her children, but she also cried out for her fallen alphess with full understanding of the trauma she probably went through after she had lost her own brood. And poor Titania suffered the mental warfare on her own, why was she left alone through it all? Palaydrian thanked Luna for her mate, her anchor in life that stood by her through it all. Yet it was this small minded and savage mentality of some of her family members to think such things were easy to push aside and carry on that drove the stricken woman to restlessness. How was one expected to not suffer from the cherishment of bearing life, only to have it dashed from your mind in the bloody mess that once contained the three beating hearts of your offspring? She didn’t understand it. Palaydrian didn’t want to understand them. But most of all, Drin couldn’t believe how easily everyone else was able to move on without a care in the world. New Dawn had suffered loss in many forms, and no such homage was paid to the dead or the missing. It sickened her. Pack was family no matter what...and this wasn’t that.

It had been a few days after the accident now, but even her little Eden couldn’t keep her entertained for more than an hour. Her mind kept drifting back to the lifeless forms at the bottom of the abandoned mining shaft and the resentment she felt towards everyone, especially the women. Their home reeked of heat in the communal den, a place she chose not to sleep in anymore since Titania had left and the dark king took it upon himself to shack up with everything that moved. It disgusted her and sullied the very memory of her treasured friend. How could some of her “sisters” be so disrespectful? Their alphess had been gone for less than a week! How could Zalen? He was a man she had once harbored feelings for, but no longer....she couldn’t, not anymore. Sure it was the Alpha’s right to claim all single females in their prime, but wasn’t the disappearance of his mate still fresh? Apparently not, as they giggled and tittered away as if the red tinged fae never existed, smelling of sex and lust. This was no home for her any longer. She needed to get away, and she couldn’t keep telling Jiva she was fine. Refusing to eat or drink for the past few days had taken a toll on her, but in the early morning light, Drin had had her fill of an unlucky rabbit and bathed for the first time since the incident. The Omega felt sorry for leaving her mate’s side so early in the morning, but what she needed the most at the moment was solitude and a clear head. Coat cleansed of the blood and tissue from her forced birth and the dirt from the hell hole she had fallen into, her downcast ocean eyes floated towards the fog of the shrouded woods which beckoned her to be swallowed.

Borne into the mist, the angel’s siamese coated paws carried the grieving fae away from the lands and into unclaimed lands. She craved a new start and a fresh beginning elsewhere, but where? All she had known since coming to the land of Souls was New Dawn and Jiva. He was her only family now, and Fayne...the silver fae would always be a true sister to her. Oh but to leave little Lena pained the woman’s heart as well. She loved the blind adolescent as much as she would her own children if they had survived, but she couldn’t think of this. She felt sick in her homelands, the culmination of all the events after Titania’s unexpected departure and leading up to the death of her own children weighed heavily upon her mind and spirit. It was no way to live! Yet how could she even begin to explain the depth of her depression to her beloved? How would he react to his mate’s confession in which he most likely believed her unhappiness was due to the accident? These were all things she tried in vain to push from her mind. She knew he would follow her to the ends of the earth, she just didn’t know how to even begin asking such a thing. Maybe this was a phase, or perhaps she’d grow out of the sentiment she carried, but the longer she walked aimlessly through the woods and further away from the packlands, the lighter her heart began to feel. It’s not my home anymore...with or without my children...it wasn’t a home, she assured herself, cementing her thoughts and banishing any last threads of doubt lingering in her head.

It began to rain. A cleansing of sorts for her body and soul as she walked along. The morning conversations of birds dulled for a few minutes but quickly picked up with gusto as slanted moisture adopted a steady rhythm. The fog had now turned to mist as the warm earthen ground expired steam into the air. So full and vibrant was the dying summer air, Palaydrian about lost herself in the beauty within the rain before she realized she was crying. It was exhilarating and magnificent, her broken sobs embraced by nature as she let the tears fall. They were hot and mingling into the fur on her cheeks, but instead of the dark etched frown on her face, Drin was smiling and then she began to laugh. To an onlooker she may have seemed to be having psychotic break or some sort of bipolar episode, but it had been some time since she had felt this alive, this free. She tossed her head back to the crying sky and allowed the rainfall to wash over her and into her open maw as she sang out for her children, for Titania, and for the decisions to come. It wasn’t until her eyes reopened and her song had come to an end that she heard the softest whisper of a whimper within the rain. Seal point ears stood alert on her crown, cupping towards the initial sound as she allowed her snout to go to work. Within the woods, all sound was dampened by the thousands of surfaces being pummeled by raindrops, but tracking had become a specialized art of Drin’s and the once expecting mother’s sense of all things “baby” was still at an all time high. Her nose rifled through wet leaves and fauna before she decided to voice a low bark. As expected, the wavery voice came once again, and now the golden fae had found its source.

Shock registered on the fae’s face when her snout uncovered a tiny fox kit, but it quickly dissipated with the fast beating of her heart. The abandoned thing was visibly shivering in the rain as it helplessly stared up at her with the bluest eyes. Oh you poor thing, Palaydrian cooed as she lowered her body to the ground and slowly inched towards the petrified child. It couldn’t have been more than two weeks old, but was little more than skin and bones and impossibly small, a runt. Drin’s heart swelled with the need to care for the young one obviously left to fend for itself in the wildlands and subjected to the dangers of not having a home. It was as if Luna had led her out here to find this baby! A different species entirely, but a creature in need. Here was her second chance and the kit’s own at survival. I know you don’t understand me, but I won’t hurt you, she whispered to the tawny scruff of fuzz as she inched even closer. The kit regarded her with seemingly just cleared up eyes before it wobbled forward towards the warmth of the fae’s body, towards the source of milk. A mewling sound came from the babe as it found a teat beneath her long guard hairs. Toothless and scared, the fox kit latched on and an overwhelming sense of motherhood seized Drin as she carefully rolled to her side and cradled the tiny thing with a free arm. This was her pup now, and why not? Her body still possessed everything her own children would have needed if they had survived and now she’d continue to produce milk. She smiled down at the nursing kit. I’ll name you...Leaf...yes, Leaf...my little Darkfire, she mused. What would Jiva think of this?

The soaked angel approached New Dawn on two legs with the tiny kit cradled against her breast. The fox child was fast asleep, small tummy hard with the fullness of milk, and fuzzy fur radiating a healthy warmth. A sense of foreboding shrouded Palaydrian’s heart as she drew near, but it was already getting close to nightfall and as much as she wished to stay away, she knew she needed to come back for her mate. He’d never forgive her if she just up and left and she’d never be able to forgive herself. The mohawked man was her other half, she just hoped he’d take to Leaf as she had. Calling gently out into the woods that she had once called home, she sang for her lover before cautiously stepping back into the borders of the pack. Leaf was in a hard milk coma cradled in her arms. Her fox kit child was too young to decipher that he wasn’t a wolf pup and Drin had taken the extra precaution of cleaning his tiny body off with her own tongue, rubbing her scent all over him so nobody would mistake the child for food. He was her’s now, filling the void that the accident had left in her life. Luna’s own special gift of life. My pup...my child.. she thought to herself as she waited for her mate.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style type="text/css">
.drinmoon .space {float:right; height:230px; width:240px;}
.drinmoon b {font-weight:bold; color:#c58062; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinmoon p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.drinmoon {margin:0px auto; width:95%; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uTOQP.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#848484; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.drinmoon .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 514 OOC: Mine isn't as epically long as yours but Tongue

Jiva was upset. So many things went wrong. It was almost impossible to figure out what was good and what was bad anymore. First his cousin up and disappeared. He tried looking for her, but her scent was nowhere and at that time he had Palaydrian to look after. He couldn’t risk leaving too long, but then he volunteered to go on a small mission for New Dawn. He nearly got his throat cut out by a maniac. He was very unhappy she got away, he blamed himself, if he paid more attention...but that was over with. What was really on his mind was the loss of his children and that clouded all the injustices of the world.

So when he woke up to Drin missing he panicked. She normally told him where she was going and he wouldn’t be so worried, but she didn’t this time. So he was up and out of the den sniffing around for her. By the time he got to her at the border, her scent disappeared. He went out for a little, but he couldn’t find it. It was as if she disappeared. His heart raced as he looked for her always coming back to the borders, whining.

As the day progressed he ran the borders howling for her, not sure if she left him or if she was going to appear out of nowhere. He would stay at the borders tonight and if she wasn’t anywhere near he would hurry and try his best to catch a scent of her. His mind was reeling. He couldn’t help wonder if this was how Zalen felt when finding out about Titania he didn’t know, he had not been there, but he was sure that he did panic. Jiva paced the whole of the borders twice before he heard the call his mate gave, His heart leaped to his throat and he rushed to his mate. She was not too far but it took him a few minutes to run to her and he was panting heavily when she came into view.

What he saw what she had he had to do a double take. He looked at her and then at the kit in her arms and back at her; “Drin what are you doing!” He said, his voice panicky from the worry he had; “I have been worried about you all day, you didn’t tell me where you went and I thought something happened, and now you bring... is that a fox?” He asked incredulously staring at the infant in her arms. He smelled her on him, but he was so new and he wasn’t sure what to expect from the woman who just lost her children. He was feeling lost himself, and to see her with a kit, he was wary, but he did not hesitate to get close to her and touch her, he would have hugged her if not for fear of hurting the infant in her arms, and fear of what it might mean.

Photo courtesy of Genista

<style>
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#12302e; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 {background-color:#83b080; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2665/jive.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:305px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 6+ OOC:: Loved Jiva’s reaction...so good...so Jiva! Tongue

Leaf mewled dreamily in his sleep as Palaydrian shifted her arms underneath him to cradle him even closer to her breast. His little heart beat rhythmically against the crescent moon on her chest. She wondered whether or not she should pass this tradition down to her child as Syliat had to all of the Darkfire offspring. Leaf would officially be hers if she did, the branding had a higher importance than blood ties and though she knew she never wanted to hurt this little being, she realized that it would only be right. Maybe not today, maybe not for a few weeks, but at some point, Leaf would bear his own mark. She smiled lovingly down at the child before her nose registered a heady and familiar scent. Jiva! Her ocean eyes lifted from the kit and peered into the foggy woods. Seal point ears cupped forward to catch the sounds of her lover rushing towards him. Drin hadn’t realized how late it was and how long she had been gone until the red furred man broke through the mist, worry plain as daylight on his face.

The Omega’s grin only grew as the fountain of questions and concern sputtered forth through his gasped breaths. She reached forward with a free hand to calm and sooth her mate whose brow was so furrowed with worry. Shhh, her eyes softened on him. She could see now how the death of their children and her not eating had taken its toll on her lover. It had made the pair of them haggard compared to their usual handsome selves. Somehow, this made Drin love the Takekuro man all the more. With her, he was always real and never afraid to be himself. Her heart clenched as she withdrew her hand to cradle the child once more in surprising defense. Drin shook her head gently and forced herself to drop her guard. This was her mate, he would never do anything to harm her or even the things she loved...like Leaf.

The fae forced a gentle laugh out which became real once it hit the air. She hadn’t meant to startle or alarm her mate, but to know that he had been worrying about her all day just seemed to hit a funny nerve in the woman. I’m sorry, she said in between the chuckles, sounds she was sure he was relieved to hear after all this time. Sweetheart, I should’ve woken you, but I just needed to get away...and yes, this is a fox kit, she said gently, turning her eyes back to the curled up ball against her breast. It’s okay, you can come closer... she explained, closing the gap herself until she could feel the warmth of his body heat. I found him abandoned in the woods, not even two weeks old. I...well, I named him Leaf...her face twisted with discomfort as she tried to figure out what to say next. Jiva, I know it sounds silly, but I think I was meant to find him...to save him and raise him as my...our own. Drin’s gaze lifted to study her mate’s face. Was this too much of her to ask? Please...please say we can keep him...as our son?

She’d wait with baited breath. It was a heavy question and more than she would normally ask for, but somehow she knew everything would be okay. Jiva would simply want her happiness and maybe in time, he too could love the kit as his own as she had almost instantaneously.

<style type="text/css">
.drinmoon {margin:0px auto; width:95%; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uTOQP.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#848484; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 456 OOC:

Her smile and laugh made him want to shake her to let her know how scared he was, and she was amused by it, in a way he was angry. He had been trying as much as he could to get her to eat, to sleep, to do SOMETHING and then she disappeared, it made him think that she probably went off to die because she was starving, but now here she was with a fox kit in her arms and she seemed perfectly happy!

That was when it hit him. She was happy, the sadness from the birth of the stillborn puppies was almost leaked out of the woman. He could see she would never leave the kit behind and deep down he knew he would want to take care of it if he found it alone with no parents to take care of it. She spoke and he listened. It was the way things would be. She moved closer saying it was ok and he helped her close the gap, and he looked down at the woman and the fox kit, listening as she finished explaining. “I understand how you feel about him Drin. I really do, but Zalen would never let you keep a fox pup here! He may even kill it. Please, I don’t want to see you hurt even more.” He hated having to give her the news of what could possibly happen. His finger moved toward the kit, it was snuggled against Palaydrian, against her warm fur, and he was save. Jiva did let his own heart go out to it, but only lightly for he was afraid that this too would have a sad ending; “Please, I don’t want to see you unhappy again... I made you a den I was going to show it to you, but well, it’s best if you keep the kit there. I just don’t see Zalen accepting him.” Jiva said.

He didn’t understand why not, the pup was a canine, but they didn’t care much for coyotes in this pack either, though he could understand with their odd ways and all. He kissed his mate on the forehead showing her that he was trying to help her and do what was best. He couldn’t see a helpless animal be killed or chased out either because he was a different species. He was a canine and that’s all that mattered, it would take longer for Jiva to care for the boy as a son, he had never gotten the opportunity to be a father before, and this sudden change would be one he would have to ease into but if it made his mate happy he would support her.

<style>
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#12302e; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 {background-color:#83b080; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2665/jive.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:305px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 5+ OOC:: *luffs on Jiva because Drin is being overprotective*

As the realization of her sudden happiness washed over her man, Palaydrian allowed her guard to fully drop. She felt relief migrate down her shoulders and back and the smile on her maw widened as she continued. The woman so desperately wanted her chosen to know that their days of suffering and depression were now banished and it was all because of the sleeping child curled up in her arms. The mohawked man didn’t stop her as she spoke and she took this as some encouragement. Jiva always heard her out and that was something she truly loved about him. He recognized the strength and wisdom she could offer instead of writing her off like any other male for being beauty and no brains. They were equals in this world and partners for life.

Her ears flicked excess water off as Jiva’s two toned eyes glanced down at the sleeping infant. Palaydrian’s smile remained but as his words poured out, she felt the seal points growing hot with fury. Her own eyes narrowed as she took a step away from her mate and subconsciously turned her body to the side to shield the kit from his eyes. A clucking sound was made in the back of throat, like a teacher scolding a child but she listened to Jiva and didn’t interject. Would Zalen truly rob this child of his life? Over my dead body, she thought to herself as a snarl tore away her smile. Her mate’s movements only made her complete the turn away from him. Surely he would never raise a hand to harm the boy, but at the moment she wasn’t taking any chances. She put more space between herself and Jiva, a look of apology flashed over her features, but it was quickly replaced with resolute stubbornness. We’d hide our happiness away? She asked incredulously, before lowering her gaze to the kit once more.

Instantly her haughty features softened. I’m sorry...she murmured after some time. You are not the enemy here. With a deep breath she looked back up at her handsome mate and once more cautiously returned to his side. Her fur was still on edge and bristling but the knowledge of knowing she had nothing to fear from Jiva far outweighed the almost irrational need to protect the kit at all costs. With a deep breath she turned towards him once more showing him that physically she trusted him above all others by putting the child in between them. The smile returned to her lips, tentatively at first, but growing as she spoke. You dug out a nest for me? She asked, reaching out with her hand to him in hopes he’d forgive her for her sudden outburst of anger and rage. Leaf’s safety is of the utmost importance...Zalen...well he is our alpha, but you must understand...I’d do anything for my--our son. In other words, Drin would defend the kit fang and claw if it came down to it.

You’d keep him a secret for me? She asked though she already knew the answer.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 311 OOC: awww

Jiva respected his mate and would always do what he could to hear her out. He did that much at least, and when she bristled at him and turned the kit away from as though it was he who was going to attack and kill the poor little creature. He wanted to step forward but her sudden change in demeanor worried him. Did he really say and do wrong? It scared him to see her folding away from him in mistrust as though his whole time with her he had not been good to her. “Drin...” he said but stopped as she continued and he let out a relieved breath when she apologized; “No one is an enemy sweetheart, but you know full well what wolves would do if there are non wolf predators here right? I mean a bird is fine or so I think, but if they find a kit, I don’t want to see you hurt, I want you happy.” He said explaining. He in no way did not want her to be upset nor hide her happiness away but he was afraid of what someone would do especially Zalen or Tharin who were the wildest of wolves in the pack.

“Yes I dug you the best den ever. With Sky’s help, but it’s perfect, it is near the den but far enough away, and close to water, and it will keep the rain out, I will show you.” He said tenderly, moving his hand slowly to her cheek to show her he was in no way hostile towards her or the kit. Leaf would be his for as long as possible, he would accept the fox kit as his own. He had to. “I would do anything for you my love” He said and kissed her forehead.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 4+ OOC:: Bah this makes me miss my bf lol, but they’re so damn cute.

The woman was sure Jiva would give her the moon and the stars if she asked and that’s what her request felt like, but as he accepted her physical touch and brought himself closer, she knew he wouldn’t be the one she had to worry about. It was the rest of the pack that she currently had trouble trusting, especially the males who were more animal than anything else. Delusions of old would only hold them back, but perhaps living within a natural pack was as close to feral as they could get. Drin shook the thought from her head as her mate began to speak. Well those wolves haven’t met a mother willing to sacrifice her life for her children, she said with the same bite of anger from before.

I understand though...Leaf is not wolf, but if we’d raise him as our own, he could grow up respecting that law and adopting our own rules, the last word was spat out, but at least the Omega wasn’t being delusional. She knew there would probably be some heartache in the future in regards to the kit that wasn’t flesh of her flesh or blood of her blood, but she was letting Jiva know how serious she was about taking him in and allowing no room for question whether or not he was her son.

Her features softened once more when Jiva began to explain his little project he had going on while she was pregnant. Her heart panged for the loss of their children, but she only hugged the kit closer to her breast. This was her life now, living in the past only brought sadness. Her eyes were bright and hopeful for the future of their family and as his tale unfolded, her smile only brightened. He further went to acknowledge the request she had asked of him and she brought a free hand up to cup his hand against her cheek. Leaning against his lips against her forehead, she tilted her head up to kiss him softly on the lips. It felt like ages had passed since they had last did that, she needed him to know she wasn’t as breakable as she looked and if he wanted to show his affections, she’d be more than willing to reciprocate. I can’t wait to see what you’ve done, she said,, withdrawing slightly to readjust the child against her chest. Lead the way my heart, we’re ready to follow.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 426 OOC: Awww *big hugs*

“And I will fight to protect you, and him if I have to. I don’t want it to come to that though.” He said giving her a sad smile, he knew she would be all tooth and claw if anything came between her and what she cared for and believed in. He believed he would do the same thing. She spoke of Leaf learning their ways and he nodded a small smile on his face, knowing Drin would do all she could to make it so and he believed in her; “He will do fine I am sure, he will be different and even though foxes look like us, they sound different and act different. Others will not like it, and will treat him differently if he is accepted at all, but I will treat him as my own.” Jiva said, putting his finger on the little black nose of the puppy Drin held. He wanted her to understand that being so odd in a pack of wolves could prove challenging for the child, but he would be there for him and her.

Drin seemed interested in what Jiva had to reveal, of course it was bringing up the sad point of the loss of their puppies but he could see her holding Leaf a little tighter just in the thought that she had someone new, not a replacement, but someone who needed her and Jiva was feeling it might be good for him too. When she repositioned the kit and told her to lead the way, he happily moved forward toward the den he had made for them. It was just out of sight of the communal one so it wasn’t far from help if needed, he knew that was a plus for a wolf birthing, and it was also close to the lake and streams along the way as well.

It took several long minutes to get there, and he really wasn’t trying to hurry, but he was sure his steps were quick. He wanted to get there before being seen because he didn’t want any confrontations now, not with his mind abuzz with this new thing. Once he saw the outcropping of the little den he stood by it and smiled it was better for lupus form but one could crawl and sit comfortably as a luperci. The hole was deep enough for a few adults to sit in it. “How do you like it?” He asked a small smile played on his lips.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:: 4+ OOC::

Jiva didn’t need to explain his apprehensions to her, Palaydrian only understood it too well, coming from an extremely traditional pack that believed her blood to be spoiled because she was Luperci. She only nodded and licked his cheek with a soft whine. Her fears were the same as his own, but there was no turning back now. This little ball of warmth so trusting and wanting to be loved had already imprinted upon her heart. She wouldn’t give Leaf up for the world and if sadly the pack would not accept him, then she would have to do the hardest thing, Drin would give her blessings and say her goodbyes. Nobody could stop her from being a mother to the kit, and she was sure Jiva would eventually feel the calling of fatherhood as well. Her bound had been made when the kit had given first suck, he was hers as much as she was his.

A stab of happy anxiety filled her as Jiva followed her bidding and began to move through the woods. She was cautious as they temporarily neared the den, but she realized soon enough that her mate’s surprise was still a bit further. Her eyes trained on her surroundings as they moved through the damp woods, and a moment of surprise came over her as she realized she’d been this way multiple times before. How had her love done this all right under nose? She could hear water from the stream nearby and she knew it was close to the lake when Jiva finally revealed the den.

A grin of warmth and love spread across her face as she looked to Jiva and squeezed his hand before kneeling down to investigate. It was small and cozy, but the perfect size for a birthing den, and if she and her lover shifted to their more natural forms, they’d comfortably fit with a plus one. She looked up at her mate and replied, I love it Jiva...you’re so good to me. And Leaf will like it too, she gently smoothed the top of Leaf’s head as he continued to slumber on. Drin stood up and turned to her mate, holding out her arms and the baby within them. Would you like to hold him? She asked. She wasn’t tired of carrying the weightless child, but she did want to see Jiva’s work from a four legged point of view.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 353 OOC: Jiva is an awkward face

Jiva was sure she knew all his points, but he had to say them anyway, not to make her change her mind. She was as stubborn as his mother so she would not be moved, but because he hoped it would be easier if something did happen to the boy. He wanted everything to be OK though and for the kit to be accepted in every way. That was false hope though and he knew that would never happen in this situation, someone was bound to have a problem and Jiva hoped it wasn’t someone with authority. For now they could keep him quiet for the time being. He wanted his mate happy again he wanted to be happy again.

He wagged his tail a bit and moved forward, he kept his eyes on Drin to see her reaction. He felt her squeeze and saw her smile and knew she was pleased with the den. He beamed with pride. He had hurried to do it with the help of Sky while Palaydrain was out somewhere, most likely her garden, so he knew it would have to be a quick endeavor. They both got most of it done that day and Jiva finished it when he could before he left for the dismal attempt to catch Amy.

What happened next took him off guard. He looked down at the little ball of fluff being handed to him, still sound asleep. He looked at Drin worried. He wasn’t scared that the kit would give him something or anything like that, but this was a tiny little helpless thing and he was scared of dropping him. He was sure he would have been like this with his own pups and the thought of them made his heart wretch. He held out his hands, carefully taking the tiny slumbering fox kit into his own hands the boy stirred a little as he passed between hands and Jiva’s heart nearly stopped as he just snuggled close when Jiva brought him to his chest. He looked over at Drin to see if he had him right.

<style>
[/html]