summertime sadness
[html]

Early afternoon, far western side of Avelon. She’s in lupine form.

Word Count → 8+

The rumors were true. Adonia, a wolf Palaydrian had briefly met and learned a few weeks ago was claimed by an Ookami was carrying Zalen’s offspring. How a mated wolf went from one relationship to the next, carrying on like a whore in the redlight district as soon as her mateship bonds were dropped, Drin would never understand. The bonds of love and giving oneself to another were a thing she took seriously, even when she herself suffered against the need to copulate while in heat. Drin liked to think she at least had the power to restrain herself, but the actions of her fellow pack mate deeply disturbed her. The Omega should’ve been happy for her Alpha and fellow sister, but all she felt was disgust. Titania’s scent had barely lifted from the den and already women were jumping at their chances with Zalen like parasites. Her deep respect and love for the fallen alphess had not banished with her disappearance, no it had only increased. The once docile and carefree woman felt hostile towards any female that threatened Titania’s reign and anyone who tried to call her something other than a great leader. She would not be so easily forgotten by this female.

Hanging around the communal den was something of the past. Drin stuck to her garden near the northern tip of New Dawn territory and the birthing den Jiva had made for her. The less she saw of her brothers and sisters, the better in her mind. She was volatile these days after losing her children and especially after hearing snippets of pack news through the grapevine. She wasn’t sure if she’d be able to keep her anger to herself. So, as far as she was concerned, the Omega felt like an outsider within the pack and for now she was okay with that, especially when she had her paws full with Leaf. This was the fox kit she had found and believed Luna had led her to, to care for and nurse back to health as her own child and pup. He was tiny, an abandoned runt within the wilderness which she had taken on without a second thought in her mind. She’d like to see someone tell her she couldn’t raise a fox to be her own and then put her training from the court to good use. It was a complete 180 of attitude it seemed, but Drin felt justified with her sentiment, at least the presence of her child and mate put her at ease. It was when others came around that she grew wary. Putting her trust in others was difficult when so much was wrong within the lands.

The weight she had gained in her pregnancy was beginning to be absorbed back into her flesh and the golden fae was beginning to look athletic once more in her lupine form. She skirted around the territory reeking of her brothers and sisters in the morning with her child trailing aimlessly behind her until she reached an unfrequented area in Avalon. The place was as beautiful as it was the day she and Titania had laughed about their mates and shared girlish stories of what making love was like. It felt like it had happened ages ago, but a part of Drin was happy her friend, her always sister, wasn’t around to see what was happening just days after she had lost her mind. Love filled eyes kept glancing back at the fuzzy tuft of tawny fur following her. The sounds and nuances of a fox kit were quickly learned within the first week she had cared for Leaf and she knew now she wouldn’t trade the joy she felt for him for anything in the world. He was her pup and though she lost 3, he brought more than enough happiness into her life. She understood why her mate wanted to keep Leaf a secret, her actions were definitely odd with taking him on as her own, but she felt one look at her blue eyed son would be enough of an explanation for why he had to be hers.

Come on little one, we’re almost there, she called gently back to the mewing kit. He was a beautiful in her eyes, wolf or not, her little Darkfire. She reached a grassy copse and sprawled out in the sunlight. The air was getting cooler these days and she assumed soon enough, Leaf would start turning colors just like the treetops and his eyes would fade into a permanent color. She hoped they’d stay their brilliant blue, but that was unlikely. Leaf’s incoherent baby babble washed over her as the tawny babe lovingly snuggled into his mother’s side, squeaking protests when he couldn’t find a source of milk. Here silly, she laughed as she adjusted her body to reveal many a teat ready for nursing. The kit hungrily latched on and pawed gently against her stomach. Palaydrian dazed on her side, stubbornly not wanting to give into the lulling sleepiness threatening to take over.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.drinwolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
Shadow was out and about again, Thana was safe and his and things were settling down now of which was a good thing. Shadow had a plan for today though, he was looking for his pack sister the very one who shared his views and had been there for him when he was sad and now he had heard the terrible news that she like him had lost both mate and pups, she would need him like he needed her and he would answer the call. He moved slowly on all fours as he sniffed the air and searched her out. No one in this pack could hide from him, he had learned the scents and knew which one was which down to those he should avoid and so on. He got close to the smell of Drin and he gave a soft kind howl that only she would hear. His heart went out to her in the call and he really wanted to see her. He cared about her well being like all I'm the pack but she like Fayne had brought him back and kept him going. " Sister...its me Shadow, I want to speak with you, please. You were there for me and now I wish to be there for you. I care about you and we have the same views on matters that have been happening."

Shadow gave a whine and he sat down as he waited for her to come to him and as he sat there he picked up another scent, something new that made him think of Terra for some reason. His tail slowed and he was excited to see her and if he couldn't help at least he would be the best darn listener there was when she spoke with him, if she spoke with him.
[html]

This is Leaf: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/sun...olf/babyfox.jpg

Word Count → 4+

A milk slicked maw looked up lovingly at the golden Omega. Her own eyes reflected the similar feelings back down at the child before her pink tongue lashed out to lap at Leaf’s adorable face. The kit made a fussy growling sound before burrowing his whiskered muzzle into her chest, only causing his mommy to giggle at his actions. What should we do today little bear? She asked her son with an indulgent yawn. Normally this was naptime, but it seemed that the kit’s schedule had changed when he started to paw and bite playfully at his mother’s paws. Okay, okay! She laughed, rising to her four paws and play bowing to the child putting on an impressive display of his ferociousness with kiddish barks and squeaks. She allowed the little ball of fuzz to attack her socked legs and dramatically collapsed in the grass as though he had barrelled her over. Rolling onto her back, Leaf scrambled across Palaydrian’s cream coated belly and sunk his tiny needle teeth into her thick fur, pulling out mouthfuls of hair and feeling very confident with his skills.

Their play continued till a familiar voice, floating on the wind, intruded on their private bubble within the pack. It startled the woman that a pack member had so easily tracked her to this area, and the sudden change in his mother’s stance caused Leaf to automatically find ground and flatten his tummy to the earth. She hadn’t seen anyone other than Sky and Jiva since the accident, but upon realizing who it was, she relaxed. It’s okay sweetheart...it’s a friend, she explained as she rolled back to her fours once more. It wasn’t too surprising after all that Shadow had pinpointed her whereabouts, she knew he was an excellent tracker just as herself and his message sounded benign.

Unsure of how another pack member would take her adoption of the fox kit, she instructed Leaf to follow her at a short distance, always in mommy’s peripheral but close to the ground. He was already learning how to be stealthy and silent like his mother. She wasn’t about to leave him in the wide open while she met with her pack brother, so it only made sense he’d trail along. She called back gently before following her own nose to the warrior. Tail was wagging gently as she approached him with a friendly nuzzle and lick. Shadow, it’s been too long. How have you been brother? She asked, semi conscious that her son watched them under the cover of ferns.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
Shadow waited patiently for her to come out of hiding and once she did he pushed his nose into her chin and neck and gave her a friendly lick back as he smiled being in his lupus form and his tail moved faster now since he could see her and she seemed willing to talk to him. He was gentle in matters such as this and wasn't one to blurt things out and hope for the best but at the same time he was a creature of getting to the point so he gave a small whine and licked her ear as he spoke in a calm gentle manner" I heard about the pups....I unlike others know what that's like since I have lost young, three all still born and the loss of a mate is what caused me my pain and my foolish and stupid near taking of my own life. I didn't want you to be alone, not saying I don't trust you of course but at times it is better to be talked to and to get things off your chest. If you wish to talk well, here is your brother Shadow and if you do not wish to talk thenHe smiled a little" Perhaps you can introduce me to the I think it's a really cute......fox? Boy or girl?" He looked towards the bushes and saw something but it hid well, if not for the small smell he had picked up before then he would have have known any better but being an assassin and with all his training he was a little ahead of the curse you could say.

Shadows tail went a little quicker as he lowered his front in a play bow and he looked up to Drin and smiled lightly as he rolled to his back looking down at her now." What?.....this mighty hunter can look and act cute like a puppy so what....I love kids..." He chuckled lightly as he rolled to his side and he waited to see if Drin would introduce him to the hidden one or not. He knew it was a fox, being this close and remembering what Terra smelled like he knew that he had the ball on the money he just couldn't make out the gender not from coat smell alone anyway. His tail swayed and brushed the ground clean as he laid there looking nothing like a killer should and he didn't care. The only one he knew that hated that he could act this way even though he was a wolf was Augustus and in all seriousness he did not care what the man liked or wanted. Shadow thought for a second though that he needed to talk to the man figure out the reason behind him being so cold, it had to be more then simple hatred, probably caused though by his actions with Terra, how he pushed passed and protected her and didn't give him a second thought. He also knew that the moment he became an Epsilon that Augustus did not like that very much, Shadow however did not have that title now and the man would most likely use that against him but oh well, there little fight, hatred towards one another needed to end.

Shadow shook his head as he cleared his mind of such thoughts and he went back to focusing on his sister and her little friend, he would be kind and loving and supportive of anything that may come out of the bushes...he was positive that she would know this from there last meeting.
[html]

Word Count → 5+

The fae moved into Shadow’s affectionate greeting, she hadn’t realized how much she missed socializing with her family and how the simple gesture explained the deep bonds of pack more than words could even begin. Her tail now matched his, flagging wildly in the air as her front paws pranced in the grass. The next nuance of body language caught her off guard. The intimate lick of her ear and his empathetic whine caused her to focus and voice her own whines of anxiety. She knew this day would come, when her family needed to know if she was okay after everything that had happened. Palaydrian listened to him and held fast to keeping the pangs of sadness from choking her oxygen. The time for mourning had passed, but the memory of three precious faces would stay with her for a lifetime. She lovingly rubbed her shoulder against Shadow to indicate she understood where he was coming from and she was accepting his words of encouragement and suggestions. A look of knowing cross her face when the man spoke of her kit. Though Leaf was enshrouded in her scent now, he would always smell “a bit off” than what her family was used to.

Before she could respond, her brother was rolling on the ground and trying to entice the hidden child. An amused smile parted Palaydrian’s black lips as she laughed with her friend. It was always a wonder watching stoic men turn into mush when children were around. You can come out Leaf, she called affectionately to the ferns in which her tawny babe lay. The kit cautiously skirted the dark male and ran quickly to cower behind Drin’s stocking legs. The fae giggled as she nuzzled the kit reassuringly. Nothing to fear here little bear, this is Shadow, she said indicating towards the dark furred wolf. Well you are correct, Leaf is a fox and he’s a boy. I found him when it last rained, abandoned in the woods and left for dead. Poor thing was a runt, but with the amount he feeds each day, I don’t think he’ll be on the puny side any longer. She watched as the fuzzy child tentatively moved out from cover and approached Shadow, sniffing the air intently.

I was very broken after the accident and I’m sure I caused Jiva a lot of grief with my refusal to eat, but when I found this little guy, everything just changed, she said softly settling down on the ground herself to lay on her side as the kit continued his brave exploration. I still think of them, she was talking about the pups lost, we buried them in my garden...I just don’t know why it had to happen. I had been so careful with everything and that one day...things just came apart. She was feeling lighter already, just voicing her thoughts. It had been too painful to talk about with Jiva because for a while she blamed herself for their deaths. If she just hadn’t been digging that day, she would’ve never fallen into the pit. A laugh erupted from her when Leaf got close enough to Shadow’s paw, sniffed it, and knocked himself backwards with a mighty sneeze.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Shadow heard her whines in return and he knew that she would understand that he knew what it felt like. It wasn't just saying he was sorry he had lived the pain and it almost ended him and he did not want that happening to his sister. He smiled lightly at her and then he looked to the fox kit and he could only smile at it as well. It was a canine , no one canine was better than the next for they all had the blood of an animal of a dog and wolf running through there veins. Shadow watched the kit closely and he saqw the fear in it but he wanted it to be brave and then he chuckled as a mighty sneeze made the pup fall backwards and he looked to Drin and he chuckled at her as well as he spoke kindly."That is what I want to see from you...your pretty and a frown should not be seen but a nice smile and your laughter to fill the air around you. I know much has happened and I am not going to tell you to move on but I will tell you to hold to your memories and let them be remembered and held within your heart."

Shadow looked back to the kit as it got back up and he laid down on his side letting his head flop onto the floor and he closed his eyes and slowed his breathing and the only thing that moved was a twitch of an ear as he tried to coax and kit forward so that it might attack him like the little warrior he knew it could very well be. He smiled only a little as he kept his eyes closed say for when he was peeking to see how close it was getting and he kept his ear moving lightly and switching trying to get it to bite on or anything the little pup might do if it could gather enough courage. Shadow loved children and that was that. So many years of killing and training by his father could not kill his gentle side his love for the young. He would die and give his life for any pup, brother or sister in this pack and he would help any of them if they needed it. He had lost pups and if he could help at all he would not allow for anymore to die if he had the choice. But that was a different matter, now he was here to bring a smile to the lips of his sister and to play with a cute fox pup letting her know that he would not judge...he would never judge, only love.

mall fonts; text-align:right;">BACKGROUND BY INTHENAME-STOCKS [DA], WOLF BY DAWNTHIEVES, TABLE BY YAHTZEE
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 3+

Palaydrian continued chuckling and listened carefully to Shadow’s words. An immense weight from her chest began to lift as his words poured into her ears. Hearing another pack mate speak about what had happened or at least convey that they understood, seemed to take some of the burden off of the young mother. Her laughing stopped, but her eyes stayed cheerful as she nodded in response. Shadow was right. She needed to let go of the past and simply hold onto the memory of the three unnamed growing in her belly and the happiness they had brought to her and Jiva before they were even born. And now, she had a tawny heartbreaker to love and care for, but those three would always be her children no matter what. A knowing smile found her dark lips as she watched her brother initiate play with her child.

She lay down in the grass and kept an amused gaze on her son. Leaf had now managed to scramble back to his four legs and was bravely toddling towards the apparently sleeping Shadow. The kit kept glancing back at his mother and marking odd chirping sounds, something Drin was growing used to, but still odd all the same. Jiva had warned her of this, but she found Leaf’s little quirks to be endearing. Go on, she urged him with a breathy laugh through her snout. Much like a cat, Leaf immediately honed in on the one moving object, Shadow’s ear. Drin’s grin only widened as the kit began to wiggle his bum before he made a clumsy bound forward. He stopped short of touching the “sleeping” wolf and began to bounce about like a mexican jumping bean. Giggles poured forth from the woman as Leaf filled the air with squeaky chatter. His hunting tactics obviously need work, but he had the right idea.

If only I could trust everyone to be as accepting as you, she sighed, not wanting to spoil Leaf and Shadow’s fun, but the words had just slipped out. For now she’d be content hiding her happiness away, but New Dawn was full of hunters and someone else was bound to find out her and Jiva’s secret sometime soon.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
Shadow kept his eyes closed as he smiled big hearing and peaking out at the little fox bouncing away from him and it took all that he had to not break down laughing right there and then slowly he rolled to his stomach and lifted his head but remained laying down and he looked to Drin with a love and kindness in his eyes." Drin.... if you were to take anything from us talking then take this little bit of advice and I promise you will feel better."

Shadow smiled to her as he looked to the fox and moved his nose at him to make the little guy back off and whenever he looked away the little fox would advance and this would bring a smile to shadow's face that would only grow the closer the little one got.

" Drin....if ever, you need anything and I mean anything, you ask me and I'm sure there will be others in the pack as welcomeing and as openminded as me....I've got your back and I would without a second thought come to your aid or your beautiful son here...You have family that loves you and want only the best for you, I'll admit some say things differently than others and it can get confusing but everyone cares in there own way. I love you sis and you can always count on this large black brute to be there for you and leaf here."

Shadow looked to her and gave her a little whine and a kind smile as he looked to Leaf quickly making him bounce back and he kept up this game of red light green light for a while and he would hang out with the two for a long as he was needed and then he would go about his business and do what he always did, try to help others, train or spend time with his family. He loved his pack and all those in it and wanted only happiness for them all.