Far From Home
[html]
((444)) Probably about as far north as he can make it without forward dating, if that's alright. ;u;

Though wandering had become a persistent activity for the red merle aussie dog, he could only go so far in a the time he did so before needing to stop for a break. He was much further from home than he'd planned, and probably as far north as he'd ever been in Nova Scotia. That was good. Harvey figured he could explore a bit more, little by little, until he was content with his traveling (which would come either to him settling down with a more constant set of friends, or finding himself a purpose that would confine him to a particular area for whatever reason). Until he had something to keep him back, the Brit would journey, though he still considered Halifax best, just like home.

He tripped some, but caught himself before making too much of a tumble.

Alright, tha's enough... He mumbled to himself, his thick cockney accent (though is consisted of more, it was most noticeably from the East End of London) grumbling through his maw. Time t' give meself a lil' break.

The scarred male sat with a lazy thud as he hit the ground under him, resting limply on the ground. Bi-coloured brown and crystal blue eyes looked to the sky for a moment, before they closed, and a sigh escaped the dog.

This is nice... Jus' a rest, all I need. Then I can be on me way back 'ome.

After arriving back in Halifax, Harvey would give himself a break from his exploring. Adventure was excited, but resting his legs and being able to lounge about comfortably in the privacy of one's own sort of abode was just as, if not more appealing.

Thinking about the time it would take to get back wasn't a pleasant one, but if he wanted to return, there was no way around it.

Eh, no worries... Sometimes, sacrifices need t' be made t' be able t' do what ya want.. He thought.

With another heavy huff, the red-blotched luperci propped himself up on his elbows, eyes once again open and peering around, taking in his surrounding (for if he didn't stop to enjoy the scenery, what was the sense in walking about so far). It was quite a lovely sight, as always in this new land.

He'd ran into a young optime female on his way, much to his content. Her being female had nothing to do with it, being being a social sort of individual like Harvey, one could become significantly happier with just even a mere conversation, anything with some kind of company.

Hopefully, there'd be another presence before he got back to the ruined city to rest.

<style type="text/css">
.razeharv-ooc {width:440px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.razeharv b {color:#f0e5e0; font-family:georgia, serif; text-shadow:#48392a 1px 1px 2px;}
.razeharv b:before {content:open-quote;}
.razeharv b:after {content:close-quote;}
.razeharv p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.razeharv {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#ab8763; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JO1W9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:#48392a 1px solid; padding:410px 0px 3px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#48392a; line-height:18px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for wait. <333 And location and everything is fine.

Word Count → 514

Shiloh was disturbed by the situation that Vinátta had found itself in; they were a new pack but a quickly growing one, especially with the addition of the puppies that would make them strong—but that made them even more vulnerable now. Sangi’lak seemed to be a threat lurking in the shadows, and she didn’t know well enough to ascertain just how dangerous they were. With at least one mentally-crazed and evil wolf among their ranks, she could only anticipate the worst.

As delicate as she looked, however, the Dawnbringer woman was not one to quail even at such danger. She was adamant about exploring more of the lands around her new pack, reacquainting herself with old landmarks and noting new ones, as well as judging those who lived outside the packs prepared to vie for the Grand Lake between them. Most importantly, she needed to know if there were allies to be had, and every bit of information would help somehow.

Presently she set out west and then south, moving down the isthmus linking the territory of New Brunswick to Nova Scotia proper. She made a point not to be unarmed during this journey, however, the encounter with the mangy grey stranger fresh in her mind. Even so, she cut a dainty figure as usual: a prim white she-wolf wearing a woolen dress, stepping delicately over the grass and using an ornate walking staff as an aid. Her fingers clutched the wood tightly as she used it to prod for the softer areas, making sure she didn’t step into mud although that was a rare occurrence this time of the year, summer changing into fall. She was comforted by the sight of the wooden pendant dangling off the staff: the Frithr necklace, wrapped neatly around her weapon rather than hanging at her neck as was more traditional for Vináttans. She didn’t mind being the odd one out, however; she already had a pair of necklaces, the scavenged flower and the cat charm that Saul had made for her once upon a time in Dahlia de Mai.

Thought of her old pack made Shiloh frown; she knew she would go visit the territory and see how it had changed were matters closer to home not so pressing. Until then, she would content herself with this stretch of wilderness not far from the city Amherst, a place she hoped to snoop around for knickknacks and jewelry to accent her home and herself, if she was lucky. She allowed herself a smile at the thought before she caught a whiff of another canine and froze, cerulean blue eyes darting about until they landed on the luperci resting on the ground just within sight.

“Oh, hello,” Shiloh cooed, her voice pleasantly surprised and friendly although her body was tense—tense enough that anyone with a decent eye could see through her sweet facade. She was hesitant about whether this was friend or foe, but her eyes could discern a merle pelt that was decidedly dog, and so she knew that, at least, this mutt wasn’t of Sangi’lak.

<style>
.shihorizon .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.shihorizon p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shihorizon b {color:#B8444D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shihorizon {background-color:#FDE2D0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rJLik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473F3B; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border:1px solid #fff;}
.shihorizon .inner {margin:0px 10px 120px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#473F3B;}
.shihorizon .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #B8444D; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 2px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

((412)) S'Alright, I understand! And great~

Harvey

It was as if some sort of divine force had red his mind, and sent a solution to his loneliness. Harvey wasn't an especially religious individual, and he lacked belief in anything controlling his life, such as fate or destiny, but either way, something had driven this stranger to his location, and he appreciated the company, before even assuming it was good or not.

He sat up quickly, rubbing his eyes some, as they'd grown tired after such a day. With a smile, he answered back in his thick, cockney accent. Well, 'ello there, ducky... Oh, 'ow impolite of me t' be si'in' 'bout! Harv said, standing now before the female.

The male was fit, but not overly so. His body was covered in scars, some (the ones on his inner thighs) hidden away by a pair of old black shorts he'd found in well enough shape to wear back in Halifax when he went looting for amusement, but the majority of the healed wounds were visible and often caused the Brit to become automatically intimidating.

Along with the bottoms he wore low enough to give his long tail to wag (despite his breed, he sported a full tail, which wasn't anything uncommon in aussie shepherds, but it seemed more likely that they'd be naturally bobbed), Harvey sported a pair of cracked and scratched aviator sunglasses atop his mess of reddish locks. He probably looked like a clown, bearing what he did, but he found it, himself, appealing, and confidently kept on with his attire.

The name's Harvey Butler. The red merle male said with a slight bow, finding it more suitable for a lady then a handshake, though if she offered, he may take it gently, as a gentleman should. An', may I ask who I 'ave 'ad the pleasure of meetin'? The cockney dog said with a grin. Asking for a name wasn't anything too personal, so he found it appropriate enough to ask, if he did so in the correct manner.

She was a stunning sight, he'd admit if he had the chance. Her pale pelt was rather lovely, and overall she was nothing far from beauty. Of course, Harvey Butler found most anything containing an attractive quality, but always in it's own way, and only if it proved deserving.

This woman seemed lovely enough so far, but the Brit wouldn't let his guard down just yet, and his initial opinion could (and usually would) be altered through conversation.

<style>
.Harvey-London p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Harvey-London b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.Harvey-London-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Harvey-London-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Harvey-London-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qqGuh.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.Harvey-London-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Harvey-London {background-color:#9B520D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]

Charmed Shiloh is charmed. ;DDD

Word Count → 304

The reddish dog came to attention immediately, cheerfully responding to her greeting with a strange accent and addressing her as “ducky.” At this, a genuine and girlish smile was surprised onto her lips, but she quickly brushed her hand across her mouth and subdued the grin, keeping her composure as any mature and reasonably wary adult should. Just because he had funny sunglasses, a foreign accent, and an endearing smile did not automatically mean he was a good guy, her logic told her even as her instincts threatened to buckle in the face of his polite grin. She wondered whether, this time, she should trust her gut. He had numerous scars but, then again, so did her brother Gideon now; she didn’t know if she should judge him for them, even if she was usually quick to judge.

The man bowed and introduced himself, and the blonde woman responded with a gracious curtsey (a feat considering her grip on the walking staff). “I’m Shiloh Dawnbringer, of Vinátta,” she replied, deciding that this information wasn’t too dangerous unless he was a Dawnrunner spy. The thought made her anxious, and her fingers involuntarily reached for the Frithr necklace dangling from her weapon. Touching the wood carved from the sacred tree calmed her, and she smiled again as she looked him over.

“What is a gentleman like you doing this far north, Mr. Butler—can I call you Harvey?” She flashed him a sheepish little smile as if not sure this was quite polite. “Unless you just happen to be coming in from the mainland, of course.” She wasn’t sure if he belonged to one of the southern packs or—well, no, he did smell like a loner, if one who’d had some native company lately. She wondered if he had been here longer than she had.

<style>
.shihorizon {background-color:#FDE2D0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rJLik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473F3B; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border:1px solid #fff;}
.shihorizon .inner {margin:0px 10px 120px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#473F3B;}
.shihorizon .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #B8444D; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 2px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
((431)) Sorry for late replies, math homework got the best of me! ;u;

Though it was wiped away quickly after being conceived, Harvey noticed the smile, and returned the gesture (though, in his typically cocky way) before paying attention to her words.

The merle luperci himself wasn't threatened, most likely do to his complex of being male. To him, they weren't especially the stronger or weaker sex, but they were the protectors and providers, whereas woman would tend to be more intelligently advanced, and motherly. From his journeys about Nova Scotia, he had met very capable females, but to think that a woman should be feared, he thought, was unnecessary; he seriously doubted she'd strike him without first being provoked, so he would just keep from irritating her.

Every individual, male or female, he'd met, he treated with respect, and never minded giving them compliments he personally thought they deserved. Harvey was one to speak his mind, if one liked it or not (which got him in trouble often, but he's too stubborn to learn otherwise), and seeing as he tried to be a gentleman, and a charming one at that, random terms of endearment were common in his speaking.

Quite the pleasure t' meetcha, Miss Shiloh. Must say, you're a pre'y young fin', dovey. The cockney canine gave another grin, and shrugged him broad shoulders some.

Mister Butler?

The familiar name sent a chill down his spine. Back in his gang days in London, the men often addressed one another by their surnames, especially if one was higher in rank, simply out of respect. Harvey wasn't angered by Shiloh's calling him Mr. Butler, but he preferred things to be less formal amongst possible friends (and he saw the possibility of befriending anyone).

The Brit nodded his head, and gave a soft laugh, as not to appear rude or upset by what she'd said. Oh, Miss Shiloh... Please. The australian shepherd smiled still, Please do. I prefer t' go by Harvey, if ya please. Or Harv is fine, jus'... Nofin' too fancy.

I'm jus' makin' me way 'bout the land, sorta 'avin' me an adventure. A chuckle escaped him, but was ended shortly afterwards. I live in 'Alifax, but wif'out much t' do, all by me lonesome, I am... Well, wanderin' keeps me amused, an' it's always somefin' t' fancy when I can meet such a lovely bird as yourself along the way. Harvey's tail wagged happily, paying attention especially to the woman's expressions. Despite the fast that what he said was often just as he thought, he did try and trigger reactions, most of the time to see a smile on another's face.

<style type="text/css">
.razeharv-ooc {width:440px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.razeharv b {color:#f0e5e0; font-family:georgia, serif; text-shadow:#48392a 1px 1px 2px;}
.razeharv {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#ab8763; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JO1W9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:#48392a 1px solid; padding:410px 0px 3px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#48392a; line-height:18px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 564

Shiloh treated most individuals with suspicion, even if it never seemed like it. She was quick to smile and was unfailingly polite; this was, from her experience, the best way to receive information from others and to keep the meeting civil even with wolves inclined to be aggressive. Sometimes it wasn’t enough, at which point her courteous mask would slip away, and other times there wasn’t a need to be on her guard. Unless she’d known someone for years, though, she wouldn’t dream of dropping that guard, even as she slowly and steadily warmed up to them.

It was difficult with Harvey, just because he matched her warmth and politeness. She decided that it was okay to be charmed by him and return his compliments, though, as long as she kept a sharp mind underneath all the enjoyment. She loosened the reins on her smile and let it blossom again as he complimented her beauty; it was something that another might have demurely rejected, or taken with suspicion toward his intentions, but Shiloh was vain and only murmured a thank-you while trying to keep her face from flushing.

“You’re quite handsome yourself,” she replied after a moment, innocent, “if a bit ruggedly so.” It was clear from the gleam in her blue eyes (quite unfabricated) that she didn’t mind the rugged types one bit. Her brothers and cousins were strong and sturdy types, and being in their arms made her feel safe; the one boy she’d crushed on back in the Solbjorg had been the same, able to protect her even if she very rarely needed protected. Harvey himself looked broad-shouldered and strong, and the spiderweb of scars across his body told a story of survival no matter what their cause.

“Harvey, then,” Shiloh agreed lightly when he confirmed he was okay with it. She didn’t mind being formal or informal with others, even if she erred on the side of cautious when meeting outsiders. Everyone had a certain level of familiarity they allowed, and she wasn’t going to fault him for wanting to be on a first-name basis even while he prefaced her name with “miss.”

Her ears perked when he mentioned Halifax, though her memories of the city were dim. She’d like to have scavenged there a bit more to get jewelry and fabric for dresses and whatnot, but there were other benefits of living there, too, such as the few truly sturdy building left behind by humans. It was nice living in her cozy home in Jordheim, and if Harvey had found such a place in the urban sprawl, she didn’t blame him for wanting to stay there.

“I wish I could wander too,” Shiloh admitted after smiling at his additional compliment, leaning on her staff and letting her eyes rest easily on his handsome face. “I used to live in the south, actually, in a pack called Dahlia de Mai. But since coming back to Nova Scotia I’ve stayed in the north, and circumstances haven’t permitted me to go back south again to my old lands.” She wasn’t sure whether she should show her frustration at that or not; it might lead to interesting conversation or it might be unpolite. She settled for an awkward pause before venturing, “If you’re lonely, why don’t you live with a pack? Or do you enjoy meeting new people every day?” She grinned softly.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

((518)) --

Harvey

Raised as he was to be a gentleman, Harvey treated all in a polite manner. He rarely dropped the act unless the other proved to be undeserving, but since his arrival to Nova Scotia, he had only been rude to one particular coyote, and even that, he was ashamed of admitting.

The only really impolite thing (if it could really be called so) Harvey Butler would commit was keeping his past a secret, but seeing as he considered diving into a stranger's past very ungentlemanly, he felt it was only fair that he not has his life's history questioned.

Shiloh's smile brought one of his own to the red merle luperci's face. It definitely suited her, and only emphasize her already obvious beauty. The cockney male himself was quite cocky about his person, and didn't mind showing that quality, especially if the stranger was also content with their appearance.

He clearly enjoyed the compliment in the retort, his grin growing more defined and his full tail (as some other australian shepherds were often found with their naturally bobbed or half-tails) wagging contently. Well, fank ya, Miss Shiloh! It wasn't the first time he'd been called attractive, but he rather appreciated her taking a sort of appreciation for his rugged appearance. The Brit was often nervous about coming off as intimidating to the young ladies met along the way, or as a troublesome brute who couldn't care for anybody other than himself. Both were ludicrous assumption, because if one was to simply take a moment and actually talk with the dog, he'd prove the theories otherwise, but they were still initial thoughts at first. Thanks to that, hearing his rugged exterior could possibly be considered handsome was something Harvey Butler found pleasure in hearing.

He smiled again when the pale female said his name, without the prefix mister and specifically without mentioning his surname alone.

Wanderin' sure does 'ave it's up sides, it does... Get t' meet lovely fin' like yourself. Harv laughed softly, still sincere, but not wanting to appear overly obsessive with compliments; he simply found amusement in flattering others, but he knew even that was dangerous if he went over the top with it all. Ah... Do you miss it back in the south? It's quite nice up 'ere as well, of course... He shrugged, I'm quite content wif' where I'm se'led, but I 'aven't lived 'ere long enough t' really miss a place. Well, 'sides London, tha' is.

It was a question often asked, Harvey's possibility of joining a pack, but it was something that he wasn't tired of answering, because he often asked himself why he still wasn't involved in the lovely sounding communities. I do like t' meet new people, but... Tha' could be done even in a pack. Sure, I get t' wander 'bout an' such, but finkin' 'bout it... Bein' in a pack, you're nevah lonesome, ya 'ave protection, you're actually a par' of somefin' grea'er... Jus' 'aven't been too sure 'bout which is right for a bloke like me, I guess. Harvey ended with a grin and a small shrug.

<style>
.Harvey-London-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Harvey-London-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qqGuh.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.Harvey-London-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Harvey-London {background-color:#9B520D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]

lolololol shiloh waaaants him >_____>

Word Count → 552

His good-natured demeanor was only embellished by his grateful smile and the wave of his red tail; and that only embellished the attractive qualities she’d already pointed out. Her blue eyes remained trained on his face, but she let her mind wander downward accordingly and let herself think fairly unpure thoughts that she’d never admit to thinking, not with her upright morals and everything. Still, a girl could dream of a little touching, right? She wouldn’t want to if he was a skinny, scrawny, effeminate thing anyway.

She smirked as he mentioned the apparent upsides of wandering, and then she realized she was smirking and let the expression change fluidly into a smile; it didn’t do her ladylike persona to smirk, after all.

“The south was… Well, it was one of my homes, I guess.” Shiloh pushed some of her hair out of her face and smiled faintly. “I spent a lot of my childhood there. It seemed a lot more…simple, I guess. Peaceful, even though our pack lived in the wake of a war. But I was young and…silly then,” she admitted. If she’d had the time to think frivolous thoughts about cleanliness and not deigning to venture into the woods or hunt, then she supposed her life couldn’t have been rough or meaningful in those days. The north was a harsher place, but she was worldlier now, and so it all worked out.

Her ears stirred in her honey hair as he mentioned London, her interest piqued. “Across the ocean, right?” she asked, familiar of the area at least by name by having two Irish cousins. “It must be an entirely different world here,” she tittered on. “I’m sure we all seem so backwards to you.” Again the smirk threatened to tug at her lips, but she managed to keep the irony out of her eyes even as she straightened her dress.

Harvey then addressed her question about his loner status, musing over the pros of being tied to such a group and at last admitting that he simply hadn’t found the right one yet. The blonde woman grinned wickedly at this and warned him: “Don’t say that, now, or I’ll be obligated to try to recruit you to mine.” She shook her head, though, not wanting to launch into a spiel about how wonderful Vinátta was that would likely sound rehearsed and dry. As much as she loved her pack, she was biased because she had a lot of family there, and it would be far different for someone like Harvey who likely didn’t have any familial connections on the content, much less in the Norse pack.

“The only downside I can think of is that you have to manage your loyalties,” Shiloh added more softly, surprising herself by the change of tone and frowning briefly. She shrugged a milky-white shoulder. “I mean—as a loner, you can befriend whoever you’d like; there’s no pack politics, no marked enemies or friends. You don’t have to betray a companion just because of a long-standing feud.” She spoke thoughtfully, wondering how much easier it might’ve been for her own parents’ Romeo and Juliet relationship had they been loners.

Then they might have never met, Shiloh decided after a moment, and wore a smile only as courtesy as she mused in silence.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
((623)) Ohoho he wouldn't object :I

He caught the smirk before it seemed hastily cleared away. It caused him to grin some himself, thought the male thought very little of how it would appear; he was typically seen with a smirk of some sort, and it'd become a near constant look for Harvey to be smiling in such a manner. Perhaps it was due to his cocky attitude hidden beneath the gentleman's allowed appearance. Or, maybe it was simply a conditioned reaction. Either way, he bore the expression often without realizing his actions.

His company was fair was well, and he couldn't help but to notice (especially as he seemed to meet so many lovely ladies, and was yet left lonely in terms). Pure, pale pelt with soft golden hair that reminded him of the sun he didn't see so often in gloomy grey London. In the environment he lived in (even now, in a the ruined city of dark, towering buildings and rubble), Shiloh would shine. He laughed softly at the thought, but was drawn back to reality when she spoke.

Tha' the fun part of bein' young... The silliness, tha' is. The red merle bloke nodded. He had a childhood that he could remember, but not too vividly. That is, life before the gang seemed fuzzy... Almost erased from his mind, while the events he'd like to disappear seemed only illuminated by the forgetting of finer things of his past.

He nodded in response. Yeh, right ya are, dove. 'Cross the sea an' quite different. But, it's not bad 'ere, not a' all! He really rather enjoyed Nova Scotia and the freedom it offered. There were more wolves and wild canines about then he'd been privileged to see before (as it seemed most of London was overtaken by the domestics), but he had grown to love his new home.

Oh, well, tha' may not be too bad of an idea. Harvey laughed softly, his tail wagging some still. He claimed to be looking around in order to discover which pack, if any, could be the right choice for him, but time after time he found himself in the same situation; he really had no idea what to do. He knew he'd prefer a family-like pack, a community that was as social was he was so he wouldn't ever feel so alone. But, he also needed a pack that would allow space and adventure, for that was nothing he wanted to give up, most definitely due to the fact the exploring the land and taking time for himself was how he managed his anger issues.

Fighting may be important to keep protected, but otherwise, he felt violence for sheer amusement was out of the question (as his history was filled up enough of that). He was a reformed individual now, and though the people we met from different packs seemed kind enough, he lacked information needed to conclude which he would benefit most from joining.

Shiloh's last statement was one reason Harvey was still on his own. As social was he was, he loved being able to wonder about searching for friends of any age, gender or species. Harvey wasn't the type of guy to form grudges over a specific group for one contributor's behavior. Prejudice was something he didn't fancy much, especially when he, as a weaker species (compared to the other canines that were born and bred to survive in the type of settings in which they lived) could easily be shoved to the bottom of the chain with one wrong move.

He wouldn't allow his frown to persist, not in such warm company. Harvey returned his smile and gave another slight nod to Shiloh. True. Tha's a shame, it is... But, I'll find somefin' out.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Baahhh I suck! D: And I love this thread so my slowness = doubly sad. :C

Word Count → 602

Shiloh laughed at his remark about the silliness of childhood. “Oh, no, I was dreadful,” she admitted to the Cockney shepherd. “I didn’t let myself have fun at all; I was always fretting about whether I had a speck of dirt on my pelt, and how tired I was of having to do menial work, and I just whined all the time. My brothers were the ones who knew how to have fun, even if it was through getting themselves awfully dirty.” She grinned at him, slightly sheepish but a little more open than she would be with another stranger. He seemed like the type of guy who could laugh at himself, and so she didn’t mind him joining in amusement at her own expense—or the expense of the old Shiloh, rather. It was nice to phrase how she’d changed out loud, just as proof of how she’d changed for the better.

Harvey dismissed the idea that Nova Scotia was any worse, and she wondered about pressing him about the faraway lands. She guessed she’d never visit there, though, especially not if she had so much to attend to at home, with her family. She was also tempted to ask him if he missed it, but she wasn’t sure whether it was polite. Then again, she’d abandoned most protocol with strangers to be more herself around the merle dog.

“I’ve only heard a little about it,” Shiloh decided to comment. “But there are a lot of canines who find their way here from places like Russia or France or what-have-you. Two cousins of mine come from Ireland, in fact.” She didn’t think that was too horribly far from where Harvey came from, but she wasn’t about to pretend she was an expert on European geography.

She smiled after his bout of soft laughter, shaking her head. “I have a lot of family there,” she said, being honest with him. “But Vinátta is a good place for traders, or crafters. At least, our village has that kind of feel—not human like the city, but with plenty left behind. I think we have a vineyard, and of course stables. I’ll admit I’m new to it, really, so I’ve yet to figure out everything there is about its culture, but our village and the forest itself is quite something. And the pack’s only recently been established, earlier this year I think, so we’re still growing as a whole.” She finished this miniature speech with a shrug, knowing that she wasn’t the person to talk to for recruitment besides flashing a pretty smile. Her brother and the other founders would know exactly what to say and how to be up front with the expectations and culture of the pack, while she was only a Risna exploring the different paths to see where her future lay.

The man grew a bit more subdued after her honest speech about loyalties, and she nodded before deciding that she owed him one thing. “Speaking of enemies,” she said, her tone growing sharp and serious, blue eyes resting on his mismatched ones, “the pack on the other side of the lake from us—they’re dangerous. And I’m not saying this because my pack doesn’t like them; I was personally threatened, and a companion of mine was just because she was a dog.” She looked the other’s mottled red pelt over and smiled a sad, desperate sort of smile. “I don’t want you to run into them in your exploring, Harvey. I obviously can’t make you promise not to explore this area, but… I don’t want someone like you hurt.”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

((856)) Gah, feel so bad for not getting to this sooner. ;n; Was busy watching plays last two niiiigghhhttttssss. andnoyoudon'tsuck. :I

Harvey

Dreadful, yeh? Harvey repeated with a somewhat shocked tone. If anything, it was to come off as playful, reading a difference in the female's personality as they seemed to grow more comfortable with each other's presence. The red merle male typically tried to be a gentleman, but more often than not, he'd prefer to be his usual cocky and flirtatious self.

He gave a bit of a nod, crossing scarred arms across his white chest. Tha' don't sound like much fun a' all. Well, if it makes ya feel any be'eh, me childhood wasn't all daisies neivah. Was a right sort of brat, I was, an' bloo'y spoiled. Can't do much for meself now 'cause of tha', but... I'm learnin'. The dog admitted with a shrug. His pup period was nothing he feared holding back, at least not the dependent, early months. While still attached to the care of his parents, Harvey was given all he needed, and had little to do for himself. It was most likely due to his littermates' early deaths, leaving him the soul survivor of the Butler offspring, but either way, it did little good in preparing him for adulthood.

Gail and Mycroft Butler most likely assumed that he'd figured things out as he grew, easing into the way of a mature canine, but with his joining the horrid gang he regretting being a part of now, the Londoner was just as incapable of common chores. Due to his power and status in the mob, he rarely had to do anything but fight (and even that was mostly for the fun of it). He'd come in with great respects thanks to his nasty personality, ability to hold his own and the fact that, at the time, was in an on and off sort of relationship the leader's younger sister. Raised with little expectations, and driven to a life that only spoiled him more, Harvey was now alone in a land where knowing how to keep at least oneself alive was a must.

This was why he had become quite interested in joining a pack.

Ah, Ireland, ya say? Yeh, 'eard of it. 'Ave been to Ireland a time or two, I 'ave, wif... Business. The Brit shrugged. Not too often, 'dough, 'ad to cross ovah the rest of Bri'ain, for me 'ometown was toward the east, an' was pro'ly tha farthest east ya could get from the Irish, while still stayin' in Bri'ain, tha' is... Harv caught onto his ramblings and continued then to make his point, Well, then ya 'ad to go all the way 'cross Wales, ovah the wa'er, an' there ya go, Ireland. He finished quickly.

He didn't mean to get into a sort of tale of it all, but he felt by mentioning that he knew so well where the country was and had been there before, he shared some sort of connection. The gentleman shook his head at such an absurd thought, even laughing softly before he apologized, in a sense.

But, ya pro'ly already knew tha', huh? Didn't mean t' ramble on 'bout it. Guess tha's what 'appens when I find meself tongue tied an' trippin' ovah words t' say t' such a lovely 'fin... His compliments were back. That was something he could do well, and would allow the other pleasure as well.

Her details about the pack really interested the shepherd male. It seemed a quite lovely little community, and though it wasn't really what he was used to, it was more than he'd really heard about other packs. I imagine it's pre'y close knit, is it? Not that being close was too awfully important, as he understood personal boundaries and individuals who'd much rather keep their distance, but getting well acquainted with at least some members of the group could only prove beneficial, especially for such an unskilled man as the Cockney. Well, tha' somefin' I'll certainly 'ave t' look into. The dog said with a smile, Who knows, may jus' be what I've been lookin' for!

He grew more serious as her tone went suddenly sharp. Enemies? Her gaze kept him frozen, listening intently to her warning. The merled luperci had been warned of a certain pack previously, but never had anybody been quite so serious, and Harvey could only assume it was due to the near personal experience this Shiloh had been through. He'd be sure to keep clear of the area mentioned, and have a soft smile.

The reformed ex-gangster didn't wish to keep the air so tense about them, and seeing the white shewolf in her playful, happy state was far more appealing than worrying over his hide. No worries, love... The aussie shepherd said, resting a hand on her slender shoulder gently, as if the weight of it purely would damage her in some way. I'll be careful. An', if it makes ya feel any be'eh 'bout it all, I'll avoid the area all togevah. Can't 'ave ya worried ovah a bloke like me, I can't. Why, I fear I wouldn't deserve it! He added, grinning more. His tail wagged some as he pulled his hand back.

<style>
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]