left hand shoe
[html]
http://i33.tinypic.com/8x651g.jpg); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top left;">
     Whee.

The last week had been such an abrupt 180 to what Poe had been living for the past year-plus, that she could only assume that she was in some kind of shock. She had divided all of her time between tending to and watching over Ahren and the others, and running back and forth between the Shattered Coast and the Hollow, turning over the contents of her underwater traps to refilling a leaky old barrel she had rolled into the land with the angry crabs, lobsters, and a few fish that she brought up. She was very much a part of a pack again, and for as effortful as it was, there was a definite sense of warmth, even through the chill of the illness that riddled the territory.

It had only been the day before that she had gone back to the city to pick up a few things. Some basic supplies from a crumbling pharmacy on the edge of town, a bundle of clean, soft blankets, three flat pillows for the ailing (and more practically, the possibly-seizuring) from her (no longer?) own bedroom, along with a few useful items for herself. The return to her home and wardrobe warranted a change of clothes as well, and of course with only practicality in mind, she came back to Esper Hollow wearing a Halloween version of a nurse's uniform--red-crossed cap included--and wearing a hiking backpack filled with her goods.

There was a little huddle of trees with a soft, mossy ground between them that she had taken to sleeping in, a couple dozen feet behind the shacks. Close enough that she any serious commotion would wake her up, and far enough that she was a little less likely to catch whatever disease it was. It was there that she swung the bag off of her shoulders, dropping it with a muffled thud in the shade where she could pause, stretching her arms and back out.

Table by Tammi!
[/html]
*gargles unintelligently*
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Venturing back out to Esper Hollow was a little easier to do knowing that Gabriel was aware of her actions. Talitha was tucked away somewhere safe and she had was already back out and aiming to visit the ailing pieces and parts of family and friends that she had left. Her itinerary for the day went something like getting to Jasper first, then Laruku. Her father would come last because she believed him to be the least ill of the trio, but also because he was the most chatty out of them. The time before, Laruku had been out cold and Jasper hadn't recognised her at all, but her father had.

_____He had spoken to her both knowing what he was saying and not and she was clingly feebly to that notion that maybe he wasn't as bad. She didn't want to lose him, but she didn't want to lose Jasper either; the desire to rebuild their bonds (or lack thereof) was something she wanted to do. Coming up on the border, Corona disregarded it as she had in Rachias's company and wandered deeper into the forests of the Eclipse, making her way through the forest as though she actually had been there a hundred times before.

_____It was however, a discovery on the path ahead of her that made her slow to a stop. She hadn't seen Poe in a long time either, not that they had ever really been much more than acquaintances, but she was distinctly Misery-like in appearance; a much younger Misery, at that. She forgot all about how to say hello too, it seemed. “What… is it that you're wearing?” the gold-haired hybrid just had to ask, almost cringing at the fact that she was dressed. It wasn't the fact that she was dressed, but Corona didn't see the practicality of it.

_____That aside, she hadn't expected to meet her again.

_____“Do you live here too, Poe?”

[/html]
[html]
http://i33.tinypic.com/8x651g.jpg); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top left;">

Poe's medicinal knowledge was abysmal, and in these circumstances, it was maybe for the better. It stopped her from speculating too deeply on the severity of the disease riddling the fallen bodies, and gave more room for her basic nature to kick in. Follow her gut, ride through the ups and downs, and force a couple of shits and giggles into the punctuation despite it all. Ahren's state of body and mind was anything but predictable, but she found this fact easier to roll with than she had thought the first night she had spent in these parts. She provided food and water on a regular basis, and any creature comforts that he requested or she became inspired to bring him, and she adjusted herself to whatever state he was in when he received them. She listened to his rambling with a genuine curiosity and did her best to sooth his worst fits, all the while keeping closer to him that she surely should have for the obviously contagious nature of the disease. Whether it was luck of genetics that had taken an unusual twist for the positive, she continued to play the bed nurse without problem.

In the small amount of time that she had been in the city and shore, a new slew of new attendants had come in, though. Corona's voice came as a surprise, blatant enough to slap a puzzled expression on the D'Angelo girl's face before she whirled around to look at the golden lady. Her arms swung down from over her head and cracked a wide grin across her lips, just as much in recognition as amusement over Corona's initial reaction to her. Even Poe couldn't deny that she was a neon pink sheep in the herd with the way that she dressed, although she was very pleased to find that she wasn't the only one in unnatural shades of fashion now that she lived in Esper Hollow. But with or without her vested and bandana'd companions, Poe apparently had no shame. She looked over her own body, pointing a foot out to the side for a complete view of herself. "It's a nurse's outfit," she replied pleasantly. "Do you like it?" She lifted her gaze back to Corona, taking a better look at the girl.

Despite so many crossed wires, Poe and Corona had only crossed paths on a few occasions, seeming to be steered towards the other's primary parent more than the other. But the Lykoi girl's face turned on a tap to a ribbon of faded memories that brought a contrast to her standing before Poe now. Corona's de le Poer features glowed from beneath the multi-toned golds of her fur, around the shocking blue of her irises. "I do indeed," she broke her train of thought, her inhaling gaze. "Only for the last week, but yeah." Her mind launched towards the wood shack and Ahren, and her mouth nearly followed before she caught his scent on Corona, assuring her that she must know all about the situation. It had sounded like Laurel was explaining it routinely the past stretch. "And you?" she asked instead, curiosity perking her ears and tilting her cap.

Table by Tammi!
[/html]
short post is post and i failllll. *has no focus whatsoever lately*
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... na/t14.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____She had to shrug; she didn't have any opinion as far as like or dislike went over the outfit. It was strange, but fortunately in both of their cases, there were either stranger things to have been seen worn. Practicality didn't seem to always matter any more, at least overseas. Perhaps much in the way sickness moved, it would spread like a plague and then they'd all be impractical and all too human for the tastes for each other. “I haven't been back very long at all,” she stated, letting her eyes roam briefly over the things that Poe had collected. “I'm with my brother in Inferni though.”

_____She didn't know if Poe felt one way or another about the coyotes from there, but Corona really didn't allow herself time to dwell on the possibility that Poe was just another face who didn't care for them. “You want a hand with those?” she asked shortly thereafter, gesturing at the various supplies. Their goals were probably similar, both of them bringing something along to help make things easier. Even if they were for herself, Corona imagined there was some talking to be done between them.

[/html]
[html]

Despite Corona's disinterested reply, Poe beamed and tugged at the edge of her skirt with pinched fingers before following along in conversation. Corona's choice in homeland did not come as a surprise nor an obvious choice to Poe, without the thorough background the golden princess had attached to pieces of both. Family ties and ingrained spirit, a bit from here a bit from there, she might have concluded otherwise. But regardless, Inferni's name didn't come with the slightest hint of distaste--or really any recognition of the conflict that lay there at all. But luck and mystery, in three and a half years of life, Poe had not discovered the racial fued that had spilled blood on these lands and the last. And after spending months with a boat of colourful dogs and a few more with African wild dogs and a couple jackals, species was a blurred and disregarded line to her. She only nodded and then smiled, blissfully ignorant.

"Oh, sure." She sounded almost startled, as if just remembering that she had been dealing with any sort of task a minute ago. Crouching down, she opened the top of the bag and began tossing things into two piles. One blanket, one pillow, a bundle of clothes and a bottle of wine were tossed haphazardly (except for the precious, precious alcohol) towards the trees, while the rest--more of the same, along with several boxes and bottles (many of which she would later find, were very expired) of pharmaceuticals. "I didn't really know what to get, so I just got a bit of everything. I mean, I figured if I was there, I'd might as well. Something is bound to do a little good." Which was similar to her introverted mentality. She couldn't offer Ahren much of anything besides food, water and patient company (which anyone could do, right?), but little things were better than nothing. And if gave more time for the real practitioners to focus on the nitty gritty. "Are you good with this stuff?" she asked suddenly hopeful, turning her gaze abruptly back to Corona. There was no doubt that her presence would be comforting to her father, but Ahren very possibly needed more than love and well-wishes right now. All of them likely did.

Table by Tammi!
[/html]