it's not the last word you'll hear
Please let Alli post first! c:

Player Name: Tammi
Character Name: Tayui Aston
Date of Birth: June 3, 2003
Species: Wolf
Personality Traits: Complex, strong-willed, family-oriented
Skills: Reading, writing, low speech, fighting, storytelling, mediumship/ spiritualism
NPC Characters/Animals: Englemann, a pony
Residence: Tayui and Anu will share #19 and Oak and Cypress will share #15.

[html]
[/html]It had only taken them two days to make the journey from New Dawn to Vinátta. Tayui was surprised, since she thought that they would be much more slow-going given that they were pulling a cart along. She supposed that they could have been a bit quicker if it had only been the three wolves on four legs, but there had been a bit of confusion when they headed west and were confronted with multiple pack scents. She certainly hadn't been expecting to find that. It wasn't until they drew closer to the lake that Tayui had realized that this other pack, this unknown to the north of Vinátta, was likely Sangi'lak, Jaden's pack. She wondered what he would think of her living so near to him. It was exciting to think that she might even know someone in these parts, so she had told Anu about this as soon as she realized it. It didn't change her mind, though: Vinátta was their destination and she was excited to make her home with Anu. Even if Jaden led a pack nearby, it didn't mean she wouldn't be able to visit him. She hoped that the two packs were friendly so that she could do so without raising the ire of either.

The journey seemed both long and short, so when they finally stopped at the edges of Vinátta's borders, Tayui couldn't help the wide grin that took over her features.

"We're here, at last. I hope this goes well," she said, glancing from Anu to Cypress. With that, she howled for attention, whether it be a scout or leader. She just hoped that they would not be too wary of three wolves and a cart. Even if she didn't think it was too suspicious, she knew that as a leader, it could mean anything. They would have to make a good first impression.[html]
[/html]
Player Name: Alli Smile
Character Name: Anu
Date of Birth: so long agoooo (4 April 2004)
Species: Wolf
Personality Traits: Kind, Patient, Optimistic
Skills: Gardening, Listening and Sharing Wisdom
NPC Characters/Animals: Englemann, a pony
Residence: yes yes, Tayui and Anu will share #19 and Oak and Cypress will share #15. Big Grin
[html]

There was a great relief that was felt when they had neared the new pack lands. New Dawn had been unexpectedly weary of their presence, their leader unsure and hardly cordial. The stress was not light on the gray woman, and the journey had not been a short or easy one. Anu needed to rest, she needed to gather her strengths back as they had been in the orchard of Berwick. And yet she knew that it would be worth the effort. They had finally made it to Vinátta, and they would soon be safe.

Her bond with Tayui had grown even greater during their travels, the hardships of the free lands as well as the constant guard against wandering too close to a strange packlands had brought a new light to her view of Tayui. It was different then simply living among the apple trees and the cider house, it required them to work together though there was little to no forced placed upon Anu in that task. Through the lands were harsh and the traveling weary, the ease that Anu felt with the pale woman made decision making effortless and when they walked to the border of the pack Anu needed to wonder, had the journey truly been very long at all? The weight on her shoulders told her one thing, and yet her heart said another.

Blue eyes looked over to Tayui as she spoke, giving her a smile of encouragement. It would, she could sense the air around them and there was nothing that spoke of negativity. Cypress stood behind them, a weary look in his eyes and yet there was still hope there. Anu followed the other woman in her call, her voice rising up and asking for the leaders of the pack to hear them.

[/html]
[html]
yaaay <33

There was tension in the air, a suspension that told the Virding that things would be happening soon. With Colibri so close to giving birth- neither of them had an exact date in mind, but there was a heavy quality to the woman that told of her incoming motherhood. And that also meant that Lilin was close- the sisters appeared to be only days apart from one another and that meant that in the next week or so, he would become a father once more. It was a scary, exhillerating thought and Saul was trying to keep as busy as he could and that meant out of Lilin's way. He wasn't particularly fond of the lack of communication they had at the moment, it worried him that this wasn't what Lilin wanted- she'd expressed as much when Saul had guessed at her pregnancy. There was, of course, the mutual worry that there would be something wrong with their pups- they were related afterall.

Sighing, the male run a weary hand over his face before his fist came to close around the pendants at his chest. The owl charm, that he'd had for almost two years now and always bought him comfort. He wished it resembled an easier time, but he always thought life was unsettled. After that coming of age party with his siblings, they hadn't been together again. He was grateful he'd managed to give them his gifts when he did- as far as he was aware they all still wore the little charms around their necks. The Frithr necklace was a new addition and there were still rough bits where he'd carved it himself. Soon, it would smooth over and become shiny, the amount he rubbed against it for luck. Subconsciously the male touched his necklace more often than he thought, unknowingly praying to Lilin and Miskunn's gods.

A melodic howl brought his attention back to the present and he jolted. Since his meeting yesterday with Niernan and his confirmation that Grace was pregnant, Saul had been jumpy. He'd informed Lilin last night of the third litter due and the strain it would have on the pack. He was overjoyed, of course, but it would be difficult as well. With a sigh, the male moved, sliding his body down the side of his house where he'd been sat on the roof. He allowed his mind to empty as he made his way to the borders, a timely pace that he hoped meant the callers would not have to wait long. As he approached, the group that met him took him a little by surprise- three Luperci, a wagon and a pony it seemed. He couldn't help the grin that slipped across his muzzle. "Good afternoon, I'm Saul Stormbringer and these are Vinátta's borders. Can I help?" He enquired, tone polite and friendly, posture dominant but relaxed.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
478+

[/html]
[html]
[/html]Tayui was grateful for Anu's support. Even though the other woman hadn't said anything in response, her smile was answer enough. She wondered what Cypress would think of all this romantic, fluffy thoughts wandering through her mind--at the very least, he'd probably roll his eyes. Well, she hoped he would; it was all rather goopey and silly to be honest and she loved it. She was so excited to have a home with Anu and have a real family that everything felt like some sort of silly fairytale. She really hoped that Cypress thought they were a bunch of old zany wolves or she'd have to start worrying about him. What they were doing was completely different. No one find someone when they were seven or eight, but they'd just have to make the best of it.

She smelled the Vináttan before she saw him, and she could tell that he was from the pack because his scent was so overpowering; so much so that she suspected that a leader had come to find them. When he came closer, she saw that he had a rustic coat, true timber colours for a wolf of the forest. He didn't seem to take offense to their large group, but he gave them an appreciative glance that Tayui took to mean that he had certainly noticed their large party.

When he spoke, she lowered her head and her eyes and tucked her tail in respectfully. Luckily, since she was in her lupus form, it was easy to do. Following these wolfish rules tended to be easier on four legs than two.

"My name is Tayui Aston. This is Anu and Cypress as well as our pony, Englemann." She nodded to each as she named them. "Anu's other son, Oak is already a member here. We were hoping to join Vinátta, if you will permit it," she replied. [html]
[/html]
[html]

Patience was difficult even for the gray and silver wolfess, who practiced it often, after such a long journey. And yet they stood, still and silent while they hoped a leader would heed their call and respond. She felt comforted by silence, and so Anu held fast to quiet sounds of the forest. Her eyes drifted to the other woman during the passing moments, her thoughts drifting as well.

But before they could become too distracted there was change among the group, and Anu picked up the scent of the approaching Vináttan as well. He appeared, looking younger then Anu expected and friendly as well. But she knew that the leaders were a bit more casual then others she had experienced, more casual then she had ever been. Oak had explained some of their practices, but Anu knew that she needed to experience them herself.

Tayui replied, and Anu nodded in silent agreement. Her smile remained, watching the Virding and added after the pale woman spoke, Oak spoke highly of your pack, and your alphess Lilin. I believe he has settled in comfortably. Anu knew that her son was a good judge of character, and she trusted him completely. She then waited to see what the male wished to say in reply to their hopes of joining him and his pack.

[/html]
[html]
yaaay <33

It was the paler of the three who chose to speak first, introducing herself as Tayui Aston. He knew he'd never heard it before, but there was a familiarity about it that sparked interest in the young male. She introduced the darker female as Anu and the male as Cypress. He couldn't help but give a soft chuckle as the pony was named as Engelmann- it was a fitting name he thought for the stout pony. As Tayui continued however, his attention was claimed. So this was Oak's mother and his family. Cypress was clearly his brother- he thought they looked quite similar. He wondered what relation Tayui was, or whether it was a bond of friendship that kept them together. Anu's gentle voice added to that of Tayui's just a few moments after the paler woman finished and Saul couldn't help the grin.

He has certainly become a trusted and helpful pack member. You have raised your son well, Anu. He praised, thinking about how nice, polite and helpful the boy had been. He and Cassia had both taken to patrolling the borders and it was testament to Anu that her son had been brought up well. Cypress remained silent, but it mattered little to the male. The older pair were clearly in charge of this little group. I'd be more than happy to accept you into our home- I just have a question for you all. What skills do you possess that will better Vinátta? He asked, hoping to better understand the trio that stood before him.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
259+

[/html]
[html]
[/html]Tayui couldn't help but flash Anu a wide grin when Saul spoke of Oak. She quickly perked up, taking this as an indication that she could raise her eyes and her ears. She supposed she had always been a more traditional leader, preferring deference from non-members (as they were always the biggest question mark and the largest threat), but if the entire pack was as accommodating and a calm as Saul, she figured that she might be able to enjoy Vinátta. The thought that Vinátta might actually be a real place to call home was exciting and invigorating.

Tayui tried to ignore the tickle at the back of her mind that perked up at the mention of the name 'Lilin.' She recognized the name, but couldn't place it. She knew she'd met someone, once, but couldn't remember when or why. She would find out soon enough, she supposed.

She re-focused her attention to Saul, who spoke up once more. She'd have time later to ruminate on this mysterious Lilin character later.

"I can read and write, though, I haven't any tools anymore. But anything left from the humans written in English is acceptable. I spoke French once, and I've lost it a bit, but I can recognize enough when someone speaks the language. I have experience as a baird and storyteller. I've led a pack before and can provide counsel if it's desired. And of course hunting, tracking, scouting, and some sparring -- all skills any canine might have." She left out her experience in AniWaya as a Kunikoti and her mediumship, as she was unsure how this pack might respond to her knowledge of these matters. Although she had been hoping to pursue the rank of Bone Bearer in AniWaya, related to burial and ceremony, she did not know whether this pack would take kindly to hearing about such experience. By the time she finished speaking, she realized that she had enough skills to omit it anyhow. [html]
[/html]
[html]

Anu had thought greatly about this moment; The time when she might have to answer the question that she had asked so many to those that had come to her border. It brought her a nervous feeling, but she had thought of her skills and hearing Tayui speak and explaining her past as a leader gave Anu confidence in her own skills. Though... Anu could not read, nor write. She could hunt but only as the aid to others in the pack, and fighting was not something that the she-wolf wished to participate in.

She replied, as it was her turn; I have lead a pack before as well, Crimson Dreams, for many years. My experience is all I truly have, that and knowledge of plants and the growing of fruit. Anu watched the young wolf to see what he thought about her answer, yet before he could reply the tall earthen toned male behind her step forward to speak his own abilities.

I am an able hunter and a decent scout, though not as good as my brother. The dark toned male let his deep voice rung though the small crowd, it was almost unexpected since Cypress so rarely spoke up while the two woman were leading the conversation. I also kept bee hives, to harvest their honey and help with tree pollination. Indeed the male had begun the intense study of apiculture and the keeping of the hives while they were in Crimson Dreams. It was not a common task, nor something that many understood to be as fruitful as it was.

[/html]
Map updated. Let's take care of the OOC stuff and get you guys titled up now so you don't have to wait any longer to start posting. :> Honey should reply to this soon! [html]

Welcome to Vinátta!

Joining a new pack can be nerve-wracking! Here are few tips and tricks to get you started. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

• Our information portal is a good place to get familiar with our ranks and pack game!
  • Why not get to know your new pack mates by creating an AW thread?
  • Would you like your character to feature on our member page ? Contact us with the information we require, and we’ll have you up there ASAP!
  • Don't forget to look over our ranks page and take note of how to rise in the ranks (shown in the side bar).
  • Our pack’s core values are based off Norse mythology, you might want to take a look at our website’s culture page to better inform yourself and avoid any confusion!

Any additional concerns can always be directed to Honey & Jessica via the OOC account here! Looking forward to RPing with you!

[/html]
[html]
yaaay <33

The flashes of grins and smiles between the two ladies did not go unnoticed, though the Virding assumed they were close friends and perhaps a little excited at the prospect of joining a new pack. From what Oak had said, they'd been a little band of loners like the founding members of Vinátta had been- while they'd been at the Moonstone Lakes, Tayui and Anu had been up in Berwick, a town Saul knew well. He wondered briefly how long they'd been there, whether there might have been a way to group up when they were both small bands of loners. Either way, there was no point speculating- Vinátta was here now and so were the other group. Tayui, as she had the whole of the meeting, chose to speak first and Saul turned his emerald gaze towards her mismatched ones.

He wasn't surprised to find that Tayui was literate- both of them seemed civilised and sophisticated at least. He nodding softly, appreciative of her multi-lingual tongue even if she'd lost a bit of it. It was better than nothing, should they ever be confronted with a Luperci who they could not communicate with. As she mentioned being a storyteller, Saul felt a small smile on his lips. He was surprised when Tayui revealed she had led a pack before, though he perhaps shouldn't have been, before topping off her repertoire with the basic skills of a wolf that had ensured she'd survived as long as she had. Saul nodded softly, a kind smile on his lips. "I'm sure we can find some use for you Tayui." He offered, a lightly teasing tone to his voice before Anu picked up where her partner had left off.

His brows shot up slightly as Anu revealed that she'd also been a leader to Crimson Dreams, the pack that had most recently disbanded. He felt a pang of sorrow for the female- she was likely the one to have had to disband the pack in the first place. Her next words were small it seemed, but useful none the less. "Experience is always needed. And I think Vinátta could certainly benefit from the expertise of a fruit grower. We have a Vineyard that is currently very overgrown... but perhaps you might be able to help with that." He offered softly, almost praising the skills she had. It was true though- while he and Coli knew a lot about herbs and medicinal plants, Saul knew little about fruit growing and Coli was otherwise out of action for a while, on account of her rather large bump.
Cinnamon backed ears flashed forward in a startled motion as the deep baritone of the otherwise silent male came. He allowed an encouraging smile over his lips as the male admitted to being a good hunter and scout, two things packs always needed. He chuckled softly as Cypress degraded himself, a gentle shake of his grey head given as if to dismiss the worry. His next words, on the other hand, caused the males face to light up. Excitement coursed through his body and he all but grinned at the boy. "Now, there's something we don't have... but could very much use. You and I might be putting some plans together after winter, if you'd be up for it?" He asked- the prospect of bees in Vinátta was exciting to say the least. Not only would they be beneficial to any crops they might plant next year, but the honey would be extremely beneficial for them.

Now almost vibrating with excitement, Saul turned back to the leading pair and tried to reign it in. With Anu's experience growing fruit and Cypress' experience with bees, he thought that Vinátta would be far more bountiful next year than he'd first expected. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, he gathered his thoughts. "I'd be delighted to accept you into Vinátta. If you'd like to follow me to Jordheim, I have a few things to give you and then you may choose a house if you'd like." He offered, grey tail swinging back and forth. With the group behind him, the Virding turned and started to lead them back to Jordheim.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
700+

[/html]
Lolz Tayui thinks she is interviewing Saul.
[html]
[/html]Tayui couldn't help but give Saul an expression of mild surprised (mocking, of course, in response to his own jest) when he said he was certain that they might find 'some use' for her. Some use? She had to restrain herself from laughing because the idea of this young one having to search out a use for her abilities was too funny. And that was likely why he'd said it. Well, at the very least, she knew that one of the leaders (if there were more than one) had a good sense of humour. So far, her view of Saul was quite positive. If he continued to impress her, she would have to deem this interview a success and accept his offer of admission into the pack.

She was also happy to hear that Saul accepted Anu's other skills, some that Tayui couldn't even think of learning. She wasn't sure where to start, so she was content deferring to the other woman's wisdom. Cypress, too, held skills in areas that baffled her, but they seemed to excited Saul the most. Tayui smiled good-naturedly when the leader expressed his interest--very strongly, in fact.

When Saul offered for them to come to the packlands--Jordheim--she glanced over at Anu for a moment, trying to assess her reaction.

"Well, then I think I would be happy to accept your offer," she replied. Not wanting to speak for the group, she asked: "Anu, Cypress?" in an attempt to gauge their thoughts. [html]
[/html]
[html]sort and sweet

Anu nodded her head, eyes looking at her white companion and then her dark furred son. Cypress nodded, having already spoken his piece, the male stayed silent. He was no doubt excited at the prospect of helping the pack, with the alpha so excited about the skills he owned. Anu felt a swelling sense of pride rise inside, a familiar feeling when it came to her offspring. Thank you Saul. It was all Anu could say at this point. She was just so grateful for the feeling of relief that his words gave her.

She took a step closer to Taui as they all began the short trek into the pack lands, her fur brushing lightly against that of the other woman. She did not say anything, hidden away in her own thoughts of the future. She could not foresee the faces that she would meet here, but there was no anxiety in her head or hesitation in her heart. They had finally found a place, and there was a security here that they could not find out in the free lands.

Anu dipped her head, watching her paws fall along the soon to be familiar path, and smiled.

[/html]
[html]
yaaay <33

Saul thought perhaps he saw a sparkle of intrigue or amusement in Tayui's eyes when he teased her. He was pleased the pair seemed to have a relaxed demeanour in general and they seemed to understand when he was jesting. It was sometimes a shaky subject, judging whether or not another would understand the slight teasing or whether they would instead take offence. His tail gave an easy swing back and forth, turning to focus his attention on the paler female as she declared that she'd be happy to accept his offer. He chuckled softly to himself, before Tayui asked Anu and Cypress- the darker female answering with a simple 'thank you' to him. He inclined his head softly, a non-verbal acceptance of her gratitude.

Turning to lead the way to Jordheim, the group fell into a companionable quiet. It wasn't uncomfortable and Saul was more than happy to disappear inside his own head for a while. Entering Jordheim always seemed to take his breath away for just a moment- the village was a beauty indeed. Asking the group to remain where they were for a moment, he emerged from his own house a minute or so later, laden with gifts. The packs were a little lighter than most, but he distributed them. All three held a bottle of wine, a Frithr necklace and a small dagger as well as various pelts, wrapped up in a deer skin.

"I'd like to welcome you to Vinátta. You're free to have a look around and decide on a house thats unclaimed, if you wish to live in Jordheim that is! This is myself and Lilin's house, so if you need us we can be found here." He gave the group his last little bit of information that they may need before he allowed them to explore their new home in peace.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
309+

[/html]