Ask me no Questions I'll tell you no Lies
He walked the mountain side, his paws steadily moving on the rocky less than sturdy surfaces. He wasn't used to being a mountain wolf. The deep pine forests were what he was used to. However he was made to be adaptable. To any social and physical situation. He was in a sense...a bird with many colorful feathers, a distraction away from the true nature and motives of the matter. When he was trained as a spy, this skill came in handy. It was a different approach than his brother had made, easily adaptable to many physical situations, but really static to one social situation. Pity.

And if pity didn't work he was chased off for looking undesirable. Gruff, worn, unkept. Societal wolves did not normally associate with those who looked lesser than them unless they were a pious sort. Which not many were. Luckily there was another pro to being undesirable. When one did not desire something then one ignored it. Which made him undetectable in situations, unmemorable when trouble arose and they looked to point a paw at someone. He was ingenious really- X'uri looked up to his brother. Perhaps he was more proud than X'uri was. X'uri did anything and everything needed to get what was required. Sex included which perhaps made him more promiscuous. He didn't mind really, many were pretty ladies, and muscular and sexy men, though having lost the virtuousness of his life made him perhaps regret his approach. But when the family was concerned, sacrifice of such morals were needed. Making him perhaps more loyal than others.

While he often shared the same manipulative strain as his brother, if there was one thing that he was more than manipulative it was that he was loyal. He would not harm the family in any way- nor try to manipulate them. He was under the leadership of the Exultare now. She flashed into his mind.She was the one that started everything, wasn't she? She had run away to find something more in the world, and then her brother left to search for her, his own brother gone with him to "help". Then he chased after him. Would another wolf fall from the Nomads to find and join this Family?

It would not be long before he showed close to where he assumed was the Alpha Chambers of the mountain. He stared into the dark abyss of the cave for several moments- curious of what the insides looked like of the enigmatic area, but then soon turned around in contemplation. He wondered if he could prove his worth around here, but how? How could he show her he was trustworthy? How could he prove to his brother his skill as a Lambda? How could he help the Family? His gaze turned toward Vinatta across the lake. Their "neighbors" to quote the Issum and Issor. They were a threat to the Family as of now- perhaps he could worm his way and destroy it from the inside- he was new enough. Had no contact with them whatsoever...But the Shepard had made it clear that they would not pay heed to them. He sat there in his Lupine form, his owl feather waving gently in the light breeze, of this midday, wondering about the situations at hand.

Word Count:560
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Something small had wiggled its way out of the inner Chambers and into the communal area. It had of course occurred without the knowledge of his protective caretaker and would no doubt suffer some kind of consequence when he was found straying away. But within the time the curious nose had, he explored this new scent that hung around the threshold of safety and bravely stepped toward it, unintentionally bumping directly into its back.

And as if it were a beacon sounding the ‘wrong’ the pup had done, his caretaker came padding from the comfortable quarters to snatch him up by the scruff, holding him aloft until he went limp. Her scolding growl was soft but sound, conveying the worry she had for the little one as well as her frustrations of his disobedience. She trusted the Family, even those that had recently become a part of it, but not all of them knew of the little one and his circumstance. She knew him to be brave, perhaps far more than most, but it was that bravery she worried would get him into trouble if he was not careful. She shook him lightly to remind him of this then set the pup down to scamper around her.

“My apologies,” at last she addressed the newest Lambda, having not truly ignored him but considered the discipline of her pup before greeting him properly. Coming closer, she gently butt her head against the back of his neck and fondly nipped the fellow Nomad. “I hope our little one hasn’t disturbed your concentration.” She smiled. “I know how the Lambda enjoy a moment of deep contemplation…”

273 words.

[/html]
While deep in his thoughts he then felt the bump of something small and furry on his rump. He would turn around and look curiously to see little golden pup with odd eyes. This was the pup he had seen X'yrin take care of. He smiled down at the little pup and turned around to greet the little blind one. He could tell because of his body language and the odd coloration of his eyes and the blankness of his stare indicated that the pup's vision was not being stimulated by light. Thus the poor puppy was blind.

However soon enough his "mother" would come to retrieve her little bundle of joy. She was mostly concerned with her pup however she did not deny him of any attention, being apologetic for her pup's disobedience and mentioned that the Lambda's enjoyed their contemplation. It was not untrue. The Lambda were great thinkers, diplomats, philosophers. Contemplation under the skies and the heavens were special moments for the nomadic tribe. However, unlike his brother X'ies he hardly found interruptions to be an annoyance. X'uri could only laugh lightly and smile down at the little pup. "No, not at all. What may I ask is the pup's name?"

He could only hope to be friendly. He didn't think the Exultare was fond of him just yet. But he would earn her favor- as he did with most everyone. The topic of her child would likely be a great place to begin. All parents had pride in their children and often talking to them about them made them more vulnerable and talkative. All parents had worries and stress as well. He could only imagine that it was rare that she could vent considering his disability- though the Lambda was sure that this pup would power through this disability and make an exceptionally strong wolf.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

“His name is Zeus,” the mother’s breast swelled with pride as she acknowledged her little one, one of blood but of bond. It had become less of a pain to the woman’s heart to look upon the child as the product of another’s procreation. Though he was not from her, she could see him as no other way. The son the Ancestors were kind enough to bequeath her sent by a messenger of white and silver. She had not seen the merciful female since then and thought only briefly that a check on her was long overdue. But for now… her own family was in need of her care.

“I am certain you can tell the little one does not perceive the word as you and I can,” she continued softly, giving mention to his impairment. “But as you can see, that has not dampened his spirit at all. Still inquisitive as any pup and braver than most adults.” Watching the little one sniff around the corridors of the common dens she smiled with great lush tail sweeping the smooth ground with glee. “You will be the first to know…but I have given him my Family name as he shows great promise for becoming a fine warrior. What he may lack in sight, he makes up for with sound and touch… a sensitively that none but he would be able to utilize to its fullest.” The woman was gushing before she realized it, setting her son on high before another as if he truly were a product of her own genetics. It was only when she replayed her words that X’yrin perked to a new kind of attention and lowered her ears in embarrassment.

“Listen to me…” her head lowered bashfully. “I’m very sorry. I doubt you wanted to hear that. But please X’Uri… tell me of your place within the collective. What was your training days like? Had continued your line before leaving?”

324 words.

[/html]
[html]
Playing Zeus a wee bit if that’s alright? PGP+4 Words-400+

Was it so bad to leave the den? He had thought about it for a relatively short amount of time before deciding. He liked home and the chamber Rin kept him in but there were so many more interesting things just outside the familiar zone he knew. Rin wouldn’t like it, he knew, but managed for his curiosities sake to give that little thought. A new smell, one he hadn’t smelled in this realm of familiarity was close. I’ll just go see what it is and be back before Rin notices. before the thought was even finished he’d put his nose to the ground and pressed forward into the den area.

The resulting scene started with him running face first into a strange wolf who had been sitting unfairly still and quiet and ended with Rin finding him. Both left Zeus feeling a bit unruly but he knew better than to run from Rin. He waited with tail tucked for the stern grip on his scruff and wiggled in her jaw only a few moments before submitting and whining his apologies solemnly. He didn’t like to upset his caretaker when she was often so nice. But his guilt didn’t last very long and even as she was lowering him to the ground his legs were flailing for contact. His claws scraped twice but he didn’t move until she let him go. Zeus then quickly dashed around behind her where he knew he’d be harder to reach if she suddenly wished to punish him further.

The body he hid behind spoke but not to him. Then another voice spoke up in response. He sat on his Rin’s tail for a moment and listened. Quickly he came to the conclusion that they were just going to start talking boring grown-up talk. In no time at all Zeus cut a large area around the stranger he’d run into and wandered a bit farther into the den area. Rin had scolded him for exploring before but she hadn’t told him not to now or exactly how far he was not to go. He practiced the ‘mental map’ of sorts he had been building over his time living in the dens. The ground felt different and curtain points and smells changed. The stranger called “X’Uri” had mucked it up a bit but his smell wasn’t that hard to ignore and the pup soon found himself proudly able to anticipate what was ahead as he ventured along. He stayed close enough not to upset his caretaker for a time of course but pushed that boundary innocently after a few minutes. Slowly he would move out, come back, and move out again, every time meandering a wee bit further.

<style type="text/css">
.zeuseye b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zeuseye p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zeuseye {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7ea9e5; background-image:url(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... sV11-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #0b052c; padding: 425px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zeuseye p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zeuseye p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
After she had apologized and hyped up her beautiful little boy X'uri could only smile. He thought it was really touching and adorable. He spied the little pup getting bored, but he could tell the Issor wanted his attention first and foremost. He would play with the pup later, that or his mother would likely scold him for wandering off again. However, for the pup's sake he would pretend nothing had happened. She would ask of his place in the collective and that would be when his face and gaze would turn hard and focused.

"I was a spy, first and foremost. A diplomat at times. An assassin in a few points, but very rare. As a Lambda your mind was your weapon. Unlike my brother who trained both mind and body strength, I trained my mind and my appearance...My best skill was using beauty and the aspect of attraction to lure people in, through word, "friendship", or sexual pleasure, and then once they were enthralled...steal what mattered most to them..."

He smiled then. "Long story short, I was actually very important to the collective, especially once X'ies left. He was the top dog of the Lambda family until he left. However, I guess there isn't anymore Lambdas left in the Collective besides the elders... after all, I never continued my line, nor do I plan to."

X'uri had no interest of any children of his own. He liked both females and males and he didn't know which one he liked better thus he never thought of children because he never knew if he could make any of his own anyways. As he thought about this he would see the pup inching a little bit further and smile.

"So tell me Issor, I'm curious...why did you leave the Collective and make all of this? Are you trying to prove a point to the Collective? Or do you just don't agree with their ideals?" His tail would stand up and his mesmerising beautiful eyes would meet hers as he awaited an answer to his inquiry.
[html]

ooc:

This brand of Lambda was interesting to say the least, especially where his skills truly lied. As far as the she-wolf understood, it was the female Lambda that used their wiles and charm as an advantage. Knowing of a male with that specialty was....odd if not unique. She did not think to know the minds of the Lambda family nor did she see any reason to contest their practices as long as they did not pose an issue within 'this' collective. Simply, the Nomad smiled and nodded in understanding whilst making a mental note of his expertise. Undoubtedly in due time they would have to fashion a course to further practice and define this skill...

X'yrin perked suddenly as his attention was placed on her, forcing the woman to shake the thought from her eyes and focus on his handsome face. "Why I left..." A time had passed since she thought of her reasons. Not even X'ies bothered to inquire perhaps assuming there was nothing to gain from that knowledge. It was the Lambda mind working as well as she knew it and assuming this subtle poke of interest was his way of flexing those surely dormant muscles again. Taking no offence, she replied.

"I suppose that inquisitive eye of yours would see deception as soon as I thought of it," she harmlessly teased her Nomad brother. "In truth, I left because I feared the stagnation of our Collective. Day in and out we carried on as the generations before had; the rare breed of wolf that traveled from place to place to follow the wandering steps of our Ancestors. But our routes were the same, never branching out to see what resided beyond our circle. The seasons would change, the packs we once knew would rise then die but we would stay the same. Efficient, sustainable, organized; the epitome of perfection. And when I could see this...I feared it. I felt the inner voice of the Endless Path that urged me to mark my own path and see more. And I listened."

343 words.

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... u/XUri.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 315px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

She spoke of not being able to foll him and simply replied with a smile, indicating that she would be correct in that assumption. Having more training in spying and body movements X'uri was exceptionally skilled at picking truth from lie. Having seen them in their most vulnerable he could figure out a person's life in a few moments.

She spoke of the stagnant nature of the old Collective.

"You wanted to form your own path. You wanted change. I suppose that is not bad. After all, life seems to be all about cycles and change. To break a cycle...perhaps that is what we needed..."

He went into a more contemplative state, his eyes going out of focus for a moment. "Well
I suppose all you can do is do what you think is right. You're a fine leader, Issor."

000 words.

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

To talk ill of her family, though the circumstances were true, churned the belly of the female and roused in her the bile of guilt. It left a bitter taste though it would not spill from her lips. It lingered behind clenched teeth until it was thickly swallowed and left to settle back from whence it came. It was not a sin to express one’s outlook, but it did not feel good to do so when the threads that bond one to family, even stretched, were still tightly fastened and thick.

“I…suppose…” the female admitted and forced a kind of sad smile to her muzzle. “I did what I thought was best… but at the time I did not believe I was doing this for myself. It was for my family… the Collective. And though I wish to invoke that this path was begun by the Ancestors, it was continued by my own motivations even after I felt I had learned enough from this strange land… but.”

She hadn’t realized her gaze turned to the ground until the weight of her own head forced her to pull it up again and look to the Lambda. “I am glad you believe I am doing well. It was…as if I could hear the voice of my Shepard when it was said. It was very nice X’Uri…very kind.”

225 words.

[/html]