that blue, blue sky
[html]

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CRACK IN THE SIDEWALK
BIGGER THAN THE SHADOW OF DEATH IN THIS TOWN

"How can you be so sure that the world hates what they see?" She asked him, turning for a moment to catch his face, but returning her gaze when she discovered she really couldn’t read him. Sure, he seemed a bit rough around the edges, but Ryan thought that DaVinci was a pretty decent guy. Of course she had no idea about his life or anything about what he had done before now, but she had a feeling he wasn’t as bad as he maybe implied he was.

She rolled to her side, one arm draped over her torso, while her elbow rested on the ground, propping up her chin in her palm. "If you loose yourself, then what do you have left?" She asked, though not necessarily looking for an answer. It was just something to think about. "I think you need to not be so hard on yourself," she offered, even though she knew she wasn’t really in any position to give him advice, considering she didn’t truly know his situation. "You seem like a decent guy to me," she added, offering a soft smile whether he saw it or not, before turning and lying on her back again.

[/html]
His eyes focused and unfocused as she spoke, his words were bitter as he spoke truthfully. "Enough of the world already has.. enough of those in these lands want me to choose.." He was a decent guy, she had that much right, his only problem was the fact that he'd chosen to walk a line that was hard to live by.. to belong to neither and yet be half of both. He shook his head as he tilted his face towards hers, a sad yearning in his voice as he asked. "How can I be a whole when I'm two halves that bred hatred towards one another?" He studied her face a moment before turning away.

He didn't want to admit it but he did as he knew she was watching him, "You'll learn if you stay here long enough.. folks like us.. we have to bend who we are or break. They'll make you choose.." his voice was bitter as he told her what it was like for him.. but he'd never stopped to think it could have been as much the wars and the family fueds involved as much as the blood he caries in his veins.

He silently watched her as she turned back to lying back and relaxing. The words she'd spoken made him sit there and try and figure out if it was the fact that she was like him that she thought that or if she could really see beyond his face and what he resembled. He leaned over, balancing his upper weight on his arms as he leaned his face over Ryan's. "Just an ordinary decent guy?" he asked, his tone seemingly disappointed that he was 'just' another decent guy. He didn't know why he'd done it, why he'd attempted to tease the woman after the options she'd dropped in his lap, but she seemed almost like someone he'd grown up with, or could have. Something made him wish he had.. maybe life wouldn't seem so lonely if he'd had a friend so long ago.
[html]

"Make me choose? What if I don’t want to choose?" She asked, not really expecting an answer from him. She watched as a cloud rolled over ahead, blocking out the blue sky that peeked through the green canopy of leaves. Beneath her, the grass tickled her frame as she glanced towards DaVinci for just a split second. "That’s stupid. I can’t help what I am." She paused, understanding now. "They couldn’t make me choose shit," she added.

She squinted as the sun emerged from behind the clouds until something blocked out the light. She was peering back at the steel hybrid’s bright eyes. She couldn’t help but laugh a little. "Hey, I didn’t say ordinary. I just said decent." She offered him a playful smile, before adding, "Is decent so bad?" Since, after all, he had seemed a little disappointed.

[/html]
He smirked as she suddenly went into a semi-rant on his comments on the world, raising a brow at the girl he said matter-of-factly, "Don't be surprised if they don't view it your way.." He had a grudge against the world and with reason, so long ago he'd asked the same questions she had and yet he still didn't have answers. He didn't expect any anymore, no one wanted to explain the way they thought or why they believed in such foolishness..

He shook his head, his bangs flicking back and forth across his stormy eyes as he smiled back. "Decent. Yeah, that's right up there with regular old joe right?" He let his gaze turned towards the sky as he said so innocently. "Sooo.. what do decent guys do anyways?" he turned his eyes back toher and grinned. "Just so I know I'm not making any mistakes.."
Excuse the shortness. Class fries up my brain and serves it on a silver platter.[html]

"Not a regular joe," she told him. "A decent guy is different. There aren’t that many." His next question kind of stumped her though. "A decent guy? Well…" she rolled to her side, letting an arm drape over her torso, while she propped up her chin in her palm. "I haven’t met any before," she told him. And for the most part, that was sincere. "But I would think that a decent guy was probably at least a little bit respectable and kind. And being fairly attractive most likely wouldn’t hurt." She tried to think of more things she could add, smiling at him teasingly. "They would have to be gentle to women – hold them when they’re scared, protect them from enemies, all that good stuff." She watched his steel blue eyes, searching for a reaction. Then decided to ask him, "I don’t know. Do you think you could handle all of that, DaVinci?"

[/html]
Baby did the same for my brain!

He wouldn't admit that he just kept asking her questions so he could hear her voice, but he listened as she spoke with a slight smile to his lips. When she'd turned to her side and actually gone into a better explaination of what a decent guy was he flicked his ears back with uncertainty as she admitted that she had never met any before. "How do you know just what a decent guy is then?" he teased her before letting her go on explaining things.

His eyes followed her movements as she settled in on her side, falling back to those crimson orbs he smiled at the words she spoke of, to him it sounds like one of those guys out of a fairytale but there wasn't really anything wrong with that when it came down to it in the end, just a bit corny. He raised a brow at Ryan as he asked, "Am I passing fair?" he joked, the male had never thought of himself in any form of beauty but he couldn't deny that others had tended to come on to him often when he'd been to port.

He settled back into listening to her soft voice but too soon it seemed to end, he turned to smile at her when she asked him if he could be a decent guy. He wasn't for certain but he answered honestly, "I bet I could handle that... but I'd have to be given half a chance first." he added with a bit of mischief. He doubted that anyone would give him half a chance, but he would be willing to try his hand at being something worthwhile...he could probably shock the world if they caught him being civilized.
New thread, jah?[html]

Ryan stood up, brushing out the wrinkles that had collected in the skirt of her dress with a few sweeps of her slender fingers. She tucked her bangs away from her eyes as she collected her bag from off of the ground. She settled the strap on her shoulder, and cast one last glance up towards the perfect blue sky. Then, she let her gaze fall to the steel blue eyes of the hybrid boy before her. She hoped she would see them very soon.

"Well, I’d be willing to give you a chance," she told him, eyes sparkling with a hint of mischief mixed with admiration. She turned to go, taking a few steps away from where they had been sitting, before twirling back to face him. "Find me again," she told him. It wasn’t a polite suggestion, it was a command. "I won’t be far," and with that, she turned to leave. She liked leaving him with a bit of mystery.

[/html]
DaVinci watched as the woman stood up and began to collect herself, curiousity in his eyes as she began togather her things. He wondered if he'd said to much or if he'd pushed some trigger on the girl that he hadn't realized was there. Hell, he thought, he could have done a million things.. it wasn't like he'd really had many relationships that hadn't been involved with that third party source called alcohol. In those few moments that he was trying to figure out what he said or did her eyes turned to meet his and he tried to figure out how to apologize, or if he even needed too.

It was then that she spoke and he caught the hint of glitter in her eyes as he turned to go. A half smile lit his lips as he watched her go, a fluttering in his chest as he wondered just how she was going to give him a chance. Rolling to his side he was suddenly met with Ryan's face again as she gave that one simple command. With that she was gone and he just laid back and settled in. He'd find her again, thought he wasn't sure just when..