To trade with strangers
[html]
17.09.12. Optime. Just outside of Fundy National Park. Nier has 2 cats, 2 quolls and his lover with him. Grace is carrying Niernans journal and some dyes and inks in her bag. / 966. 7 pts

Niernan was coming to terms with his impending fatherhood, his mind kept rewinding to the moment when Saul rolled his handpaws over Graces abdomen and felt the hardening there. He had announced to the new couple that they were to be parents and their reactions had been entirely different; Nier had been shocked but ultimately ecstatic, while Grace had refused to believe it. She seemed to be struggling to come to terms with the fact that she was bearing pups. He knew that she was pleased they were Niernan's, her love for him still solid, but the prospect of being a mother was terrifying for her. Nevertheless she was remaining active and had decided that she wanted to accompany him on his patrol that morning.

Nier had set an easy pace, walking his circuit rather than running it as he usually did, Grace's handpaw held firmly in his, Ciaran, Leo, Cabbage and Pumpkin trotting along beside the pair. The quoll pups were old enough now to accompany them on walks, their lithe forms bounding ahead of the wolf couple. The two cats walked beside Niernan, the larger and fluffier Ciaran meowing eagerly to the younger, slimmer and smaller cat next to him. Leo's large green eyes were fixated on the elder cat, drinking in the knowledge the Maine Coon hybrid was imparting. Nier flicked his ears to listen to the cat, picking out a few words in his limited Low Speech, knowing enough to gather that Ciaran was informing the cat of the changing of the seasons and which prey was best for them in leaner times. The wolf smiled warmly, glad that the cats were finally getting along after their tenuous start.

He gave his lovers handpaw a firm and loving squeeze, gaining a beaming smile from her. Her dreadlocked and dyed hair pulled up into a loose ponytail swung slightly with the movement of their walking, her golden fur shone in the autumnal sun. As usual she was naked, allowing the world to see her natural beauty, her only adornments her Frithr necklace, her leather satchel and the beaded bracelet that Niernan had gotten for her at the pack feast. He felt that they were happy in this moment, that maybe Grace was coming to terms with her pregnancy, he stopped their walk for a moment. He turned to look into her ocean blue eyes, mustering all the love and sympathy he could into his own cerulean orbs and his voice, I know you've had a hard time adjusting to knowing that we're to have pups. But is it easier now? He waited in tense silence as Grace maintained eye contact, he watched her emotions warring in those bottomless blue pits, and he wished that he had never asked. He was about to open his mouth to tell her never mind, forget he even asked, when she raised a creamy handpaw to his face, turning his muzzle so that he was looking at her again. "You're right, for once." Her voice held it's normal teasing tone and he felt a smile tugging at his lips, "It has been difficult knowing that new life is growing in me, and I have been more of a bitch than usual lately, but yes. I have accepted it now, and I am happy."

Nier felt the grin stretch his face, tears threatening to fall. She added more words, hoping to make him understand, "It's still scary, I am terrified. But it's you and me Niernan, so I know you'll protect me, and you'll put up with my mad moods." Nier chuckled and pulled her in to him, holding her close and kissing her soundly, he was happier than he ever thought he could be, even more so than the moment in which his pups had been conceived and Grace had agreed to move in with him. They separated and he looked into her beautiful face, I love you Grace D'Angelo. He said quietly, his breath ruffling her bangs. She smiled sardonically at him, "I love you too, you great Stormbringer oaf." She placed a slim fingered handpaw on his chest and pushed him away playfully. She flagged her tail as she turned away, glancing back over her shoulder, her eyes sending him a challenge before she burst into a sprint, her creamy white footpaws easily negotiating the woodland floor. He grinned and followed, knowing he was faster than her, but indulging her for this moment and playing the game of chase. Quolls and cats trailed behind them.

Their chase brought them out of the woods to the grasslands near the Commune of the Salmon, Grace hiding as best she could in the long grass. The quolls and cats moved into the long stems, the only sign of their presence the rustling of movement and the excited squeals and yowls as they played their own game of chase. Nier grinned as he spotted a gold and cream furred tail tip flicking above the tops of the grass, moving steadily towards that tail and whatever mischief she had planned for him. Before he even reached her he froze, the scent of strange wolves drifting to him on the breeze. He flicked his head around, eyes scanning the horizon for figures. He yowled at the cats in Low Speech, calling them back to him. The Quoll's language was similar enough that they gathered the general meaning of his sudden noise and scampered back to him, scrambling up his body and curling themselves around his neck. Leo chose to seek out Grace and begged her to pick him up, she scooped him up into her arms and moved over to Niernan's side, "What do you see oh mighty Vald Niernan?" She asked, her tone lightly teasing. He shrugged, Not much yet, but I can smell strangers.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

To wake up every day in a different place, to travel without a destiny or a place to return were things that most wolves disliked and tried to avoid, but the truth was that the Tenebris sisters enjoyed their current life, taking advantage of their situation to travel through the country and find new adventures in every new territory. Miles away laid the place that they once called home, but not anymore, leaving their birth place to become strangers in the land with a complete new life style that would soon put in proof their own social manners and trading knowledge.

The trampling of various horses and the noisy sound of wood wheels being carried through the irregular landscape was followed by the view of a trading caravan that made their way to the distant forest ahead. There were two females, each of them being transported by a pair of equids and followed by a third one that pulled from a heavy trading wagon full of exotic clothes and an unimaginable amount of weapons. The gentle beasts snorted and huffed noisily as their owners kept a casual chattering over their backs.

“…We are running low of bear pelts, those are quite expensive thought... Shall we try and hunt some?” Caedis rambled rolling her eyes over at the clear sky above their heads. A harsh snore and a disapproval look would be followed by the next answer. “Are ya’ crazy? The last time we attempted to hunt a frigging bear alone, you almost got killed, I thought you learnt back then.” Shaking her head slightly Aura finally added. “Besides, maybe in this new place we can get some without, ya’ know, risking our pelts for them.” The light-pelted female finally gave a giving-up sight and nodded, showing her agreement. A long moment of silence would pass before Aura raised her muzzle to the air and then spoke again as her expression was suddenly covered by an unexpressive mask. “There is someone over there…” Two pairs of eyes scanned the landscape before finding their target, a couple of strangers along with several smaller creatures which species was unknown to them. “Go ahead.” Caedis encouraged her darker sister giving her a meaningful glance.
A short but audible howl flooded the surroundings as the pair of traders jumped from their mounts extending their hands in a peace signal.
[/html]

[html]
OMG! So sorry for the wait sweetness! If I let this thread slide feel free to actually send me a virtual kick in the butt over PM. >.< / 412

All of the muscles in his body tensed as the two figures moved into sight, the canines mounted on horses and one more horse pulling a cart. His ears swivelled forward quickly, his eyes straining to identify the riders. He had met a trader before, a yellow dog named Amy, and she had a devious air about her. Like steel under silk, the Sunders woman emanated danger and threat while smiling beatifically and offering 'good deals'. He was loathe to meet her again, he knew that his packmate and good friend, Colibri, had traded with her for many plants that now grew in the packs gardens, but he had not been there to warn his friend of the concealed danger. He felt a quiet growl begin to rumble in his throat, his cerulean eyes turning icy. Grace's handpaw moved to his right wrist, her fingers wrapping around the joint and pulling his arm back a little. Her voice made him snap his head around momentarily, "Niernan. As much as I want to see you in action, I don't think a pair of trader women deserve to be sliced and diced by you and your skains." His eyes went to his paws, surprised to find his tan fingers wrapped around his tapering bladed daggers.

He hurriedly sheathed the blades and shoved them back into his pockets, a flush of blood heating his face. Grace nuzzled him lightly, Leo's bright green eyes wide as he looked up at the black and tan wolf from his owners arms. Ciaran unleashed a loud yowl at Niernan's footpaws, his tail flicking as he looked up. The quoll pups had taken his usual place around Nier's neck, so he opted for the next best thing. Nier understood him perfectly and he scooped the cat up, draping him around Grace's neck instead. The large cat immediately started purring and rubbed his face against the D'Angelo womans cheek. Nier shot his cat and his lover a smile and took a step forward, raising his own handpaw in greeting.

He fixed his eyes on the figures approaching, noticing the contrasting pelt colours of the traders and as they got closer the shockingly different eye colours. He called out a greeting, Hello there! Fine day, isn't it? He winced slightly as he realised that he resorted to referring to the weather rather than finding anything funny or more substantial to say. He shrugged, resolving to talk about something much better when they got closer.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]