[J] I'm on a loose train now
OOC: Hope I've done everything right here..
Desired Profession Path: Medicine
NPC's: N/A

IC:
It was one of those days where birds sang and trees swayed, teased by the breeze or just making the best of their leaves while they still had them. It was a pretty dance, leaf rustling against leaf as if the trees were involved in a game of chinese whispers.

The lemon eyed wolf stood alert with a healthy distance between her slender Secui form and the pack border up ahead. Everly didn't tune out the whisper of the breeze or the calls of other creatures – she liked the soundtrack nature provided, ever changing and evolving, never quite the same as the day before – but she didn't join in. Her sharp yellow eyes were trained intently on the land stretched before her.

It was lush and green, this place, dotted with flowers which Everly could already see herself trying to identify. Trees whose bark she could almost feel beneath her paws. Wolves whose faces and personalities might be revealed if she howled. When she howled, because the flowers and the trees were afterthoughts, things she'd only noticed after stopping to take a better look.

Something else had stopped her paws from simply skirting around the place: a feeling of peace. Maybe she was bewitched by the look of the territory or the music of the nature around it, but it was a feeling Everly couldn't ignore. A feeling she had to act on. The lone woman's dark muzzle tipped back and she joined the song of the land with a melodious howl.
[html]
<style>
#ulilohi {width:85%; margin:10px auto; border:0; font-family: arial, sans-serif;}
#ulilohi p {padding:0; text-indent:0;}
#ulilohi p.wc {text-align:right;}
#ulilohi img {float: right; margin: 0 0 15px 15px; max-height: 300px;}
#ulilohi .ooc {font-style: italic;}
#ulilohi .ooc::before {content: "OOC: ";}
</style>

Looks fine to me :3

She rose from her icy dip in the water. Well, icy was an exaggeration, but it was certainly not as warm as she'd like! Winter was coming, she could tell from the changes in temperature in the river. It snaked itself through the Village and she went by from time to time to sink her feet in and just sit there. This time, she was practicing writing, but it soon became boring. She was not one for all this paper and writing, like Aranck liked. The howl had interrupted her chain of thoughts and she welcomed it, bored with her own lonesome presence. Water still dripped from her hind legs as she simply left her writing things there by the bank. She did not fear losing them, really. They weren't that great.

Her brown pelt was drying, no longer dripping as she walked on well-trodden paths towards the border. She wondered if this fall and winter would be the same as last year's. Well, obviously it wouldn't be exactly the same; this fall, they would have no war and no Raven Guardians to bury. But aside from that, she wondered if they would have the same increase in strange faces arriving, hoping to make a home here. Winter was harsh; perhaps that was why they came more frequently during winter. It could be tough on a loner to care for oneself when everything was snow.

The stranger was easily spotted, and Ulilohi walked straight up to her with an arm lifted in greeting. Ulilohi was tall, broad, dominant -- there was nothing misleading in her stance. She was clearly one of those who claimed this land as their come, and the stranger was not. Or, at least, that was the general message. Despite the dominant posture, a hospitable smile played on Ulilohi's lips. "Unalihelitseti, stranger. I am Ulilohi Ehn, head councilwoman of AniWaya, who live here." Her speech was heavily accented, voice deep and assertive. Still, she attempted to express that she was not hostile, and her intonation was gentle to match. "What do you seek?"

[/html]
OOC: Phew, thanks Smile Sorry for the wait!

IC:

Everly was no great believer in fate or destiny; if her life was going to follow any sort of path she wanted it to be one crafted by her own nimble paws. She was, however, a believer in grabbing opportunities when they presented themselves, and the opportunity to – at the very least - find out more about this place was one she couldn't pass up. As the three year old stood, letting the breeze tease at her silky fur, she wondered if what she pictured – studying the plants, scaling the trees, loping through the grass – would be her future.

Still, the young woman knew it wouldn't be up to her but to a resident of the land, so she tried to shun any expectations which tried to plant themselves in her mind. How much could she really glean from the terrain itself? It was that very musing which made her more curious. Packs weren't made of blades of grass or trees; they were made up of wolves. Wolves who would hopefully give the agile loner a warm reception.

Everly's only movements were the odd flick or swivel of an ear. The shaded wolf was near as still as a statue, but there was no hope of being more statuesque than the towering woman who came to greet her. Everly's motionless stance broke as the distance between them shrank, her head lowering, large ears pressing back in acknowledgement of the larger woman's dominance. It was difficult not to be intimidated by such a presence but her friendly manner eased some of Ev's apprehension, her dark muzzle giving a quick bob.

”Pleased to meet you, ma'am. My name's Everly Skyfall.” Her lips pulled up in a slightly hesitant smile. ”Your home is beautiful. I suppose that's what I'm looking for – a home. A beautiful one would be a bonus.”
[html]
<style>
#ulilohi {width:85%; margin:10px auto; border:0; font-family: arial, sans-serif;}
</style>

Not a problem at all Big Grin
As you may have noticed, we have the hurricane going on! Even if this thread isn't finished, feel free to participate as if Everly was accepted on September 18th, post in the relevant threads (or other threads of course) as you please! Smile I know there are quite a few people planning to injure their characters, so Everly could potentially have a lot to do if you were interested in participating Big Grin

It came as no surprise that the stranger was looking for a new home. Many were, when they came here to their borders and demanded leadership's attention. They increasingly sought here as winter crept closer, which was not strange at all. A life as a loner in the cold months was a harsh one, and a cold night was more easily tolerated if one had company or someone to lie next to. The councilwoman nodded as the stranger explained. She seemed polite enough, and did not look ill. This was good, and the councilwoman smiled. Both for the stranger's behavior, as well as her compliment. It was true, their lands were beautiful. All the more reason to inquire further.

"I see. We may have space in our ranks, depending on what you can offer us. In what ways are you able to contribute to our tribe?" Skills were important. It was unlikely that a stranger would be turned away from this place regardless of what skills they possessed, but that did not mean that it was unimportant. The tall female stood quite still as she waited for an answer, all the time studying the stranger, looking for signs of deceit or ill intent. AniWaya valued hospitality above many virtues, but she would not accept another traitor. She had had her share of violence to this tribe and sought to remove her members from it as far as she could.

[/html]
OOC: Ah yay, thanks! Big Grin I'd love to participate.

IC:
A few feelings were swirling around in Everly's head as Ulilohi stood before her. There were nerves, of course, but she hadn't done too badly so far in keeping them firmly in check. They weren't squashed completely; for one thing, they served as a reminder that this meeting, however friendly, could alter her life significantly; for another, the slight feeling of edginess came with something a little less obvious, a thrill of sorts which made Everly's sunny eyes bright and curious.

The next notable feeling – or rather, the one which seemed to have settled right beside the combination of nerves and excitement – came from the tall mottled woman herself: strength. It was most obvious in her figure, broad-chested and muscular, with limbs which looked extremely capable. The voice which emerged sounded strong to Everly's chocolate dipped ears too, and not just because it was strongly accented. There was something about the depth or the tone which was reassuring, making Everly's less impressive musculature relax in small sections, although the young woman remained quietly submissive and attentive.

When it came to the subject of contributing to the tribe doubt flashed in the lone wolf's sharp eyes. She had skills, there was no forgetting that; almost a third of her life had been dedicated to nursing the sick and the elderly and whether she truly believed or not, the impressions of the spirits seemed to follow her around. Everly just didn't know if she'd learnt anything since embarking on her great adventure away from home.

Her ears splayed in uncertainty as she gave her reply. ”I'd pitch in where I could. I can hunt or gather in the trees; I like plants, I've learnt a little about them. Some remedies, too. Simple ones – I can't grant eternal life or anything but I can clean and patch up an injury.” The words were rushed but hopefully not complete gibberish. With her determination not to expect anything, Everly hadn't thought a great deal about the specifics of what would be expected of her or what she could offer. The seal point wolf cleared her throat with a slight frown. ”My family seemed to have a connection to the spirits. Mine's not brilliant, my father was teaching me but apparently none of us had the eternal life thing cracked.” Everly's slim shoulders gave a shrug, but the lowering of her eyes and the slight droop of her ears hinted at the real sadness of things unfinished. ”I've got a lot to learn still but I like learning.”

(422 words)
[html]
<style>
</style>

Cool Big Grin As you can see, the setup is pretty open. You are free to jump into any thread marked as all-welcome, and of course post to the info topic to list any injuries or relevant threads you make. So if you intend to offer Everly's services, you can plot there and/or let us know of any threads you might start in the info topic so we can edit it in, tweet it and such Big Grin

The stranger explained and Ulilohi listened patiently, saying nothing in between sentences to allow Everly to finish. She seemed nervous, and Ulilohi did not want to rush her. However her continued silence could probably also serve to increase the other's nervousness, but the Anasgayv hadn't thought about that. Once the stranger was done, the councilwoman nodded, thinking. The skills she described would be good for a priest, although Ulilohi did not understand what she meant by this eternal life deal. Everyone died some day, it was an inescapable fact of life, one that it would be best not to attempt to escape, too. At least not entirely. More importantly, the girl had the sense to be humble, and willingness to learn was perhaps a more important trait than the knowledge she already possessed. That, and the healing path was empty, and they could use someone to tend to the storages left behind by their former priests.

"These are useful skills and traits," she agreed. "But I am curious -- you speak of your family and you seem to have had a life so far rich in training. Why is it that you have left that place to seek a new home?" She was perhaps overly cautious, but part of this was curiosity too. If one had an exclusive eye for tactics, though, it could never hurt to know the background of one's family members. And after all, being allowed in, to join their big family, was to be shown a sign of trust and to be given a privilege. It was only right that Everly shared something of herself if she asked that AniWaya should share all of itself with her.

[/html]
OOC: Brilliant, cheers Big Grin I might have my eye on an AW already but I'll pop into the info thread too ;D

IC:
As the barely rehearsed spiel rolled off Everly's tongue she tried to imbue the words with confidence. Some of her doubts still made their way to her features: the odd creasing of her forehead, a furrowed eyebrow or the flick of a large ear. Her modest skills had been used with some success on her relatives and herself, but would they be valuable here? She had no frame of reference to gauge how the meeting was progressing. All she had to use as yardsticks were Ulilohi's expressions and movements. A nod could mean several things, as could a smile. Although the larger female was patient and likeable, one of Everly's rich brown paws found itself kneading the ground lightly, a completely subconscious movement which only ceased when the Aniwayan posed another question.

It had been many months since a younger Everly Skyfall had departed her place of birth but the memories still felt as fresh as unmarked snow. Well, not entirely – the colours were a little bit faded, the voices a little more muffled, but the feelings hadn't become less potent over time. A brother lost to violence; parents lost to weakness and age. A home overtaken by sadness.

A sigh emerged from downturned lips. ”My parents were already getting old when I was born. We kept ourselves to ourselves mostly, only ever wanted a peaceful life. Our neighbours started poaching off our land and when something had to be done they had numbers on their side. My brother went off to fight, I tried to go with him but I found myself back home with a lump on my head, sick family to nurse and a harsh winter up ahead.” The images seemed to be getting fuzzier now, and Ev had to blink her dandelion yellow eyes a few times to confirm with herself that they hadn't started producing tears. ”Father died a year later and Mother followed. Then there was just me and a whole lot of memories I wanted to go away.” Anger had crept into the loner's voice, making it shake slightly, but she exhaled slowly and straightened up a little. ”I saw my brother's face for the first time in a year, just in my own head, and I decided to outrun the memories.” Everly's voice, by the end, was threatening to crack again. She grinned sheepishly, tail held low. ”Obviously that worked a treat.”

(400 words)
[html]
<style>
</style>

Sweet Smile And welcome! You can continue the thread, or we can close it after your next post -- that's up to you Smile

The stranger shared without much hesitation, and Ulilohi once again listened with patience, not saying anything until she had completed her story. It wasn't a story of ease, that much was for certain. Though Everly had learned many things during her life so far, it would seem that this knowledge had not necessarily come on a silver platter, or at least hand in hand with more painful experiences. The brown female found herself nodding. She was not a stranger to other people's pain, though she had not suffered so much in her life herself. Sure, she had lost family members, to sickness and age mostly, and she had witnessed other's tragedies. But mostly, she had led a safe life, far from dramatic events like the ones Everly described. The impact of the story made its teller uncomfortable, plainly. Ulilohi would not inquire further.

"My condolences for your family." She dipped her head respectfully for those that had died. Ulilohi believed that everyone returned to this world in another form after death; not showing them her respect was both blasphemous and unwise. She was not about to dare their indignation. "Let's hope you can find the inspirations to make new memories here -- welcome to AniWaya." The Anasgayv reached out with one arm, indicating to the path which had led her here. "The village is back this way; I can show you if you will join me."

[/html]
[html]
<style>.awinfo a { font-weight: bold; }</style>
Welcome to AniWaya!

Hooray! Check out all of this fun stuff:

• Have a look at the Aniwaya Territories for interesting areas to explore.
  • Completing tasks in the season game offer collectibles, tables, avatars, icons, art and titles. Have a look!
  • You can collect points from your posts and trade them for various prizes, including art.
  • Remember to look into AniWaya's culture and laws!
  • Do you have a horse? Add it to the official stables overview, here.
  • Do you have a spirit guide already? Add it to our current listings, here.

Need help? Confused about AniWaya stuff? Don't hesitate to PM your questions to the AniWaya account, and we'll reply as soon as possible. If you need posting tables, avatars or sigs, you can request code and graphics in the talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in the Questions and Help forum!

[/html]
OOC: I'm good with wrapping it up here Big Grin Thanks for the thready and the acceptance!

IC:

The grin, truth be told, had been somewhat forced, an expression aimed to deflect attention from Everly's genuine – and obvious – regret. It wasn't even a regret for which she could blame herself, really. She certainly had blamed herself, blamed her brother too, although it was really no fault of either sibling. And the wolves who could be blamed for disrupting and destroying their peaceful lives were half a world away, unreachable.

The wolf in front of Everly, however, displayed not only strength, which equated to safety in the newcomer's mind, albeit subconsciously, but compassion as well. The smile which blossomed over the fawn and chocolate female wasn't forced; it was grateful. “Thankyou,” she murmured, bowing her head. Everly would've been naïve to believe she wasn't being judged as a prospective packmate – that was the job of leaders, after all, to make sure not just anyone waltzed into their homes – but Ulilohi's manner had made the experience far more pleasant than it could've been.

When the final verdict of acceptance was given, Everly sank into a bow, her long tail swaying. “Thankyou,” she said again, “Yes, please.” Her bright gaze followed the direction of the Councilwoman's gesture and soon her paws were following too, into her new home.

(210 words)