What a small, small world.
[html]

Adrian opened up the case and pulled out the simple metal flute that he had discovered outside of a strong smelling pack. Adrian had looked the flute over before and the only sign of identification he had found was the name Shawchert scratched into the metal. But from the state of the case when he had found it, no one had touched the case in quiet some time. Adrian had felt the instrument was too beautiful to leave and chance that no one would come back to recover it. So he had taken it with him, hoping he had not unintentionally stolen from someone. He would feel bad if he had.

Adrian walked out of his big stone house with the metal flute, planning on finding a nice spot to play outside. He much preferred to play outside where others might join him, than inside where he was alone. If he had company or was working on master an instrument, it was another story entirely. But the flute had been a past accomplish meant for Adrian, so he wanted to share his music with anyone who saw him and stopped to listen. Adrian found himself near the garden, leaning against the fence. He brought the metal flute to his mouth and began to play a jolly tune that had a slow tempo at first. Then the music began to speed up until the merry tune was dancing from one note to the other and Adrian's fingers were flying to hit the right holes to make the music and notes come to life. The music was loud and joyful, fitting for how Adrian was feeling at the moment.

Word Count → 000

OOC Text Here.

<style>
.akido-rz {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZieEd.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c49e54; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:410px 0px 5px 0px; color:#5e4c28; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #5e4c28;}
.akido-rz b {color:#435542; text-shadow:#5e4c28 1px 1px 2px;}
.akido-rz p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.akido-rz p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #435542; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.akido-rz .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>[/html]
[html]
<style> @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC);</style>Skye Collins
Word Count :: 000 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

Ares and Esmeralda laughed in her arms as they walked along the streets of Thornbury. Loud, joyous music echoed through the concrete and wooden town, filling the streets with its cheerful jubilation. It had been a while since Skye had heard anyone play music, much less the flute - the sound brought forth memories from the back of her mind, memories of the pack first forming and of Shawchert, then joyful and happy, playing his flute for all the pack to hear.

Now, of course, those days were gone, hidden in the recesses of her mind, until now. The jubilant music brought them back, and with them, a twinge of nostalgia - those were the first true memories of pack she had had, and oh, they were good ones..

She made her way to where the music was sounding, and found Adrian, Hotaru's slightly taller and more muscled twin brother. She waved at him with her free hand, her pups yipping in delight at the music. "Nice playing," she said genuinely. "It reminds me of a friend I had."

You're the only one who saves me from myself, I abandoned this love and laid it to rest, And now I'm one of the forgotten

Image courtesy of auensen

<style>
.GR2_Skye3 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skye3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2b4131; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 {background-color:#d9dccb; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#7a8476; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3425/atable17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #7a8476; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skye3 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #7a8476; }
.GR2_Skye3 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 .lyrics {color:#2b4131; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Skye3 .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #7a8476; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count →

I like your table.

Adrian had been playing for a few minutes before he heard the laughter. It was good laughter. That of innocent and joy. Adrian looked up from his flute as Skye, the pack leader, approached him. He smiled, still playing the whimsical instrument. Finally he let out one final, joyous note, letting it ring out and echo through the small town before he put it down on his lap and waved at Skye. "Thank you. I like to share my music with others, so I figured I would come out here where the rest of the pack could hear better." He said, chuckling. He wasn't sure that the rest of the pack would have welcomed the music but Adrian figured that in a pack full of artisans and traders, there had to be at least some who would appreciate his playing. And it looked like he had found three. The pack leader and her two pups. Adrian smiled at the pups as they yipped. He loved pups.

"I hope they are good memories." He said earnestly. The way she said had made him think that something had happened. Adrian hoped they hadn't had a falling out. His music was meant to bring people joy and entertainment, not remind them of sad happenings. Adrian picked the flute up and looked it over again, running his finger over the name once more. Shawchert, he thought with a frown, I wonder who his friends were. Adrian wasn't completely sure it was a man, though it sound like a man's name. Adrian couldn't help but feel a connection to this mystery person.

<style type="text/css">
.KidoTwinsSnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000 ; letter-spacing:1px; }
.KidoTwinsSnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.KidoTwinsSnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.KidoTwinsSnow {margin:0px auto; width:468px; background-color:#F0F8FF; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6IyXS.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 390px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#191970; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style> @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC);</style>Skye Collins
Word Count :: 000 thanks!

Despite herself, she could not help but to smile along with Adrian as he looked at the pups, and stated how he liked to share his music. She nodded, the last note of the song ringing out into the town and echoing around, the ghost of the joyous music.

"Oh, they are," she asserted. "Wonderful memories, full of laughter and dancing and music.." Parties and fun and the unity they had felt was unrivaled by anything. The tragedies struck, yes.. perhaps that was what broke Shawchert, in the end, seeing the golden times end and the gray skies arrive. Skye would not break - she vowed it, for her pack. She would see depression and anger and horrors, but she would not break. And, although she was in a low place, she hadn't broken.

She looked more closely at his flute - it was a bit familiar. She saw as he ran his hand over some lettering on the flute, and as she looked closer, she saw the gleam of the letters spell out a word - a name - Shawchert. She furrowed her brows. "Where did you get that?" she asked.

You're the only one who saves me from myself, I abandoned this love and laid it to rest, And now I'm one of the forgotten

<style>
.GR2_Skye3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2b4131; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 {background-color:#d9dccb; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#7a8476; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3425/atable17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #7a8476; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skye3 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #7a8476; }
.GR2_Skye3 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 .lyrics {color:#2b4131; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Skye3 .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #7a8476; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

The way she spoke of the memories, Adrian knew they had been fun. He hoped to create memories like that too some day. Hopefully he would be the one providing the music. And he certainly wanted to be one of the ones who was laughing and dancing. But Adrian first had to deal with the guilt he was feeling. Which was why he had been playing his music. It was rare that he felt unburden happiness lately. Since he had found out he had caused his sister to lose her sight, he had hated himself. She hadn't killed him when he had fallen to his knees and begged her too. And he knew why. It was because death was a way out of it for him and she knew that. No, for Adrian, living with the guilt was the worse possible punishment.

But Adrian had felt that shadow of guilt lifted today. And he wasn't sure how long it would last, hence his playing. Adrian looked up from the flute and at Sunny as she inquired about it. "This thing? I found it in a case outside of some mean smelling pack to the north." He explained. He wasn't sure why it would matter to her but he wasn't one to be rude and not answer a question. Especially when it was a question asked by his pack leader. "Why?" He asked, cocking his head.

Word Count → 000

OOC Text Here.

<style>
.akido-rz {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZieEd.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c49e54; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:410px 0px 5px 0px; color:#5e4c28; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #5e4c28;}
.akido-rz p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #435542; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.akido-rz .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 000 thanks!

She cocked her head - mean smelling pack? There were several of the north; Inferni came to mind, but it would not make sense for Shawchert to have been there, and they were a clan rather than a pack. Salsola, perhaps..? That didn't make much sense either, but Skye was curious now. "Did it smell... marshy?" she asked, trying to recall as much of the scent as she could, which wasn't much; Salsolans frequently disguised their scent, much to Skye's annoyance.

"Well," she said, "Shawchert is the one in my memories. He was the first leader of Cercatori d'Arte, and that was once his flute." Strange, for him to simply.. find it somewhere. It struck her then, that Shawchert had loved that flute, and would never have willingly let it out of his grasp - had he been hurt? Killed? She did not want to think of it, and although Shawchert was not part of her pack any longer, she still somewhat considered him an old friend. She wondered what had happened to her once-strong leader.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Adrian wasn't sure why Skye was interested in the flute. Maybe it was just simple curiosity but Adrian had a feeling that it was something more. When she asked if the pack smelled marshy, Adrian tried to recall the scent. "Yes, a little. I couldn't really pick up a good scent. But I could tell it wasn't a nice place to linger." He said, remember how his fur had stood on end when he was near the pack.

Skye's words didn't make sense at first. The flute that he know held, once belonged to the leader of the pack he was once a part of? It didn't seem possible. "So wait, you mean, I came to Cercatori d'Arte with the flute of someone who once lead it?" It still didn't make sense coming from his mouth. What was the chance that Adrian had found a flute that once belonged to a leader of his pack. Adrian looked at Skye with a look of almost disbelief, "And that some person, is the friend you just told me about?" It was one of those once in a life time coincidences.

Word Count → 000

OOC Text Here.

<style>
[html]
Word Count :: 000

Mean, dangerous even, and smelling a bit marshy - it seemed like the Salsola pack, although Skye would not say that she knew for certain. Adrian seemed a bit shocked that he was in possession of Shawchert's very flute, and Skye supposed she was as well, at least a little; the chances of her seeing that flute again were very slim, she had thought, but now it was before her eyes. The man holding it, however, was not the wolf she might have thought would be holding it.

"It seems so," she said quietly in response to the man's shocked words. She did not blame him for being shocked - she herself was a bit confused. But then, she supposed that life worked in rather mysterious ways, and that this small coincidence was simply another event in the grand scheme of the universe, and how it worked. Did she believe it was fate? No. But she did think that it was one grand happenstance, one that made her think, and wonder..

"I wonder where he is now," she mused, looking towards the sky. Shawchert had loved that flute, she knew it. The man she met would not have simply tossed it aside.. but then again, the man she had met would not have tossed aside the pack he had helped create. Shawchert had changed since she knew him; where he once would never have just walked away from Cercatori d'Arte, he did so with ease the last time she had seen him.

She would not search for him, not now, she knew - he had left the pack for a reason. Perhaps he wanted to move on with his life, to search new things beyond the family that had left him broken inside. Perhaps he sought his family elsewhere, with Titania and his mother. Perhaps he simply wanted to forget. And it was that reason, that reason alone, that Skye would respect her former leader's last wish.. and not bring back the memories he wished to bury.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Adrian looked down at the flute with awe. He once again ran his hand over the name etched into the flute. Again and again he did that, committing to memory the name of the man who had once lead this pack. He memorized the way each letter was etched into it, whether it be the curve of the S or the sharp lines of the T.

Adrian supposed that maybe this was just chance that he had stumbled upon that flute then brought it to the very pack that had been its home. Or maybe the flute had helped to draw him here. Maybe the spirit of the man named Shawchert still lingered upon the flute. Adrian's grip tightened on the coo metal. The flute now meant more to him than it ever had before. He would care for it with his life. Because in his heart, he believe that the flute had helped guide him to his new home.

Adrian looked down at Skye as she mused about Shawchert's location. Adrian wondered if the man that he felt so close too but barely knew was dead or not. Either way, he felt he should show his sympathy to Skye. "I'm sorry. It is hard to lose a close friend." Adrian knew that. He knew that all to well. No one had been closer to him then Hotaru and he had lost her. Which was one of the reasons he was here now. To get her back. Hotaru and him had been inseparable before. They might never get back to being that close, but Adrian would make damn sure he at least tried to fix things. Adrian had searched for her for to long to give up now that he had found her. He would bug her until she gave him a chance. And then he would use that chance to show her how wrongs thing had went and how he didn't mean for everything that happened too happen.

Word Count → 000

OOC Text Here.

<style>
[html]
Word Count :: 000

She cocked her head at him as he scanned the flute, seemingly astonished. She could not blame him; it was rather astonishing, yes, but she was caught and lost in her own thoughts. She wondered how he must have felt, discovering that the flute he now loved to play had been owned by a past leader of the pack his sister was in; it was strange, indeed. A mighty coincidence.

"Yes, it is," Skye said, but something told her that Adrian was not only talking about Shawchert. She remembered that Hotaru too was in this pack, although she rarely saw her and her brother together. She knew that they had had a falling out of some sorts, although she did not quite know the details.. she did not regret allowing Adrian to live in the pack, but she did wonder what had happened between them.

"How are you liking the pack so far?" she asked, not delving into the topic of his sister just yet. She did not want to upset new pack members, and she was genuinely curious to know how the man enjoyed her gypsy home.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Adrian wasn't sure how he felt about living so close to Hotaru but never being able to openly approach her. It was hard because when ever he saw her, the guilt he had been holding at bay washed over him and threatened to crush his heart. But Adrian wouldn't leave. He deserved the pain and the guilt. He had blind his own sister. The sister he loved so dearly. He had been so obsessed with protecting her that he had been the one to hurt her. And now, Adrian was trying to fix things. But how could he fix something that broken? How could he mend a relationship that had been broken because he loved his sister so much. He still hadn't figured out the answer to that.

The big wolf perked up as Skye inquired about how he was adjusting to the pack. In truth, Adrian loved it. He had meant a few members who were friendly but also he just loved the feel of the town. He had yet to explore more of the pack's territory, but he would eventually. "Honestly, I'm loving it so far. The people I've meant so far are really friendly. And I just love the feel of the pack. Plus," He grinned sheepishly, "No one complains about my loud music here." He said, chuckling. Adrian knew that some packs would hate the sound of joyful music during the day, but Cercatori d'Arte didn't seem to mind. Something he was grateful for. "Thank you for letting me into your pack Skye." He said, feeling grateful to the female standing in front of him. He also smiled at the pups, hoping that they knew what a good mom they had.

Word Count → 000

OOC Text Here.

<style>
[html]

Adrian perked his ears at her question, and Skye thought that perhaps he was enjoying it. His words matched her suspicions - and she was glad for it. She was loyal to her pack, protecting them from harm, but if there was one thing that she wished her pack would be, it was happy. Even if one member was made happy, perhaps that would be good enough for her, right now.

"I'm glad to hear it," she said, grinning at his joke and winking at him mischievously. If there was one place that would never mind music, it was Cercatori d'Arte. Even in the wake of grief, joyous music was welcomed. "And you are welcome." Her pups giggled, and Ares reached out for Adrian, a large grin on his face.

"Seems like someone likes you," she teased, holding Ares closer to Adrian. The young pup shrieked with laughter, tongue hanging out of his tiny puppy mouth.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Skye's grin and wink at him had Adrian grinning in return. He was happy to see that the alpha apparently approved of him being here. He wasn't sure how Skye had felt about him or if Hotaru had talked to her. But apparently she was okay with his being here. Adrian smiled, chuckling and looking down at the flute again. He decided then and there that some day he would meet Shawchert if he was still alive. He would meet the man whose's spirit had helped lead him here through this flute. And when Adrian found him, he would thank him.

Adrian blushed as one of Skye's pups reached for him and was giggling. Adrian laughed and smiled at the pup, then looked at Skye. "Can I hold him?" He asked, unsure. The pup was cute, and Adrian had a weak spot for pups. They were always so innocent and joyful. And it helped that they loved his music. Adrian stuck out his tongue at the pup with a smile, chuckling at the grin on the puppy's face.

Word Count → 000

OOC Text Here.

<style>
[html]

Skye nodded as Adrian asked if he could hold her small pups. Normally, Skye would not hand her children to strangers, to those who had just joined the pack - and although Skye did not fully trust Adrian, not in the least, even if he could try anything suspicious, Skye still had her dagger close to her. And she did not allow her mistrust to get the best of her, and so did not betray any of her true emotions when handing Ares over to the man who looked so much like Hotaru.

"And life continues on," she said, half to herself, and half to the man standing before her. It was true - although things happened, and lives were lost, and new lives entered the world, paths were crossed and marks were made, existence just continued. In the grand scheme of things, their little lives meant hardly anything at all to anyone but themselves. But that was alright, Skye thought - because life just continued on.

<style>
[/html]