Small Comforts
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 000

Oh, each day seemed to grow longer and longer while her stomach grew bigger and bigger. The more round she got, the more she knew she had to be careful, and the more paranoid she became. It was horrible and terrifying to know that the lives inside could be lost in an instant. The pregnant fae slept in her den, nestled into the towels, pelts, and grasses she'd found to spruce her place up. The scent of flowers lingered strongly, soaking into her pelt and radiating from the mouth of her den. Just the way she liked it. It was a cozy home. One that would do finely for the pups that were soon to arrive. Sleep took up a rather large portion of her day as there was not much else she could do. Fayne twitched and yelped softly as she was in the midst of a dream...a nightmare really. She couldn't help but have horrible nightmares about her own pups being born lifeless and limp. The silver Delta was desperate to wake up, for reality to snatch her up and save her from the horrible dream. Unfortunately for her, her body was much to tired to wake itself up and so she suffered until the end where her and Noah were grieving over the lost puppies.

With a yelp, Fayne jolted upwards. Her ears were erect, pressing forward as it something was there and eyes wide with terror. Her breath was heavy, and whines poured from her maw as she panicked, feeling for the moment that the dream was real. But, sudden relief came to her when she felt one of her children press up against the walls of her stomach. Oh darlings...please don't leave me. She murmured as she took a few moments to calm herself down, rolling over onto her side until her breaths became steady again. Fayne needed to be with her family. Being with anyone brought comfort to her. It was sad to say, that she had been avoiding Palaydrian since that day, making an excuse that she and Jiva needed to grieve alone. In truth, she was scared to see her friend, solemn and without children. It had been tragic and the start of all her worries and nightmares. But, she needed to quit being a coward and find the Siamese woman. Drin probably needed a friend to talk to.

Fayne left the den heading straight for Palaydrian's scent. She was a bit frightened to come across her, but she knew this was something she needed to do. What if Palaydrian saw her and envied her, hated her for still having her children with her. The thought stung, but it was silly. The Omega was a friend and in any situation shouldn't react in such a way, they were family. Fayne walked slowly across New Dawn's lands, careful for any hazard that might threaten to take her lives away from her. She'd become a paranoid mess. Soon, Fayne stumbled across the she-wolf but she was not alone. Sky was there as well. A soft smile spread across her face, comforted that Palaydrian wasn't alone, even if she had been too cowardly to comfort her friend. Hello you two. Her tail swayed gently already feeling better that she was with company.

Image courtesy of lightspeed-suzuka@deviantART; table by Haley

<style>
.lovefayne .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.lovefayne p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lovefayne b {color:#ff8dba; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lovefayne {background-color:#805264; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QLZ1r.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffb6c5; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#ffb6c5;}
.lovefayne .inner {margin:0px 10px 550px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#ffb6c5;}
.lovefayne .wordcount {color:#ff8dba; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ff8dba; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 5+ OOC:: Haven’t been able to reach a Sky so just let me know if you’d like things changed...didn’t want this thread hanging around and getting stinky.

So much had happened in the past few weeks. Palaydrian kept mum about her fierce attack on Zalen for a few days, but keeping secrets from Jiva was impossible and almost painful. She finally relented and told all to her mate in regards to what had occurred, as well as eased his mind when it came to her own relationship with the alpha. Though they’d never be as they were in the days of Titania, respect and loyalty was once again achieved on his part and more importantly, Leaf was granted the alpha’s blessing. Now if anyone were to threaten his safety, the Omega would take swift and deadly action. She had already been put on trial and the tenacity the angel had been holding back was no longer a secret, at least not to Zalen. She had meant it when she said she’d defend her son tooth and claw, pack or no pack, he was hers and she was his. Drin had become mother of none to mother of one, and Leaf had brought her back from the edge.

Drin and Sky were relaxing together, their adoptive children playing in the dying summer sun and the Omega was spilling her beans once more to Sky. She told her friend about the run in with Adonia and how her feelings of discord only deepened when the expecting mother put herself in harm’s way. Yet speaking and getting emotions off her chest had her come to the conclusion that she felt the expecting mother to be foolish and young, not yet realizing how a gift of life was something precious and not to be taken lightly. The confession of her altercation with Zalen only brought even more enlightenment to the golden shewolf. She realized with some stubborn realization that she no longer harbored anger towards the fae to bear the alpha’s children, she only felt pity. She didn’t agree with the blue eyed girl’s actions and would always be suspicious of her, but to carry the pups of one who didn’t truly love you and wasn’t taking you as a mate, only made Drin feel sad for her. Perhaps something would blossom in time, but the drama of the hybrid and dark king were behind her now. Everyone was moving on in their own way.

Ocean eyes watched lovingly as the odd duo, a bobcat cub and fox kit, tussled about in the grass. They both made sounds plenty foreign to wolf’s ears, but both Sky and Drin had become accustomed to their children’s quirks and oddities. She was about to ask Sky how the elder Shawchert was doing, when a familiar voice lilted into her ears. Palaydrian perked up and rose to her four feet, tail softly wagging behind her. Fayne! She hadn’t seen her friend since the accident and she didn’t blame the Delta. What had happened that day was too sad and terrible, and definitely not one for an expecting woman to witness. Her features brightened when her friend came into view. The woman wasn’t sure how Fayne would react to Drin’s new family member, but at the moment her mind was completely occupied. You look wonderful, and its been way too long, the Omega said as she approached the silver woman with affectionate whines and licks.

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC :: +376

OOC :: Sorry for the wait, guys. x: Next time, spam my inbox. x3

It was always good to be in the company of friends. Drin was a prime example of that good company. She was an understanding sort with a kind, open heart. Her adoption of the fox kit, Leaf, had proven to Sky just how kind she could be and it was nice knowing that another wolf could have patience and understanding enough to rear another species as their own, just as she had with Fella. Now, as the bobcat and fox played, Sky and Drin content to talk while relaxing in the grass a few feet away, it felt as if life had finally- finally- settled down.

Drin told Sky of many things, of Adonia and how their packmate's expecting status was considered unfortunate by the once-greiving mother. Sky agreed, but for different reasons. Zalen had not responded well to the loss of his children and mate. He'd begun a downward spiral, at least in Sky's mind. She'd seen it before, once, but it was so long ago now that she couldn't remember who or where it was. She'd voiced her own concerns about it to her friend, how she thought that Adonia was in for a long haul and how hard it would be to cope with having the alpha's pups out of wedlock. The children would not find an easy upbringing in a pack where mateship was taken so seriously- she hoped they would find their place, as her own children had, but the problems of strict opinions still hung heavy over their unborn existance.

During a moment of comfortable, thoughtful silence, a new face joined their little sit-down. Fayne. Sky looked up to spot the gray lady as she approached, tail patting the ground happily, though she didn't move to get up. "Fayne, it's good to see you. How are you feeling?" She voiced from where she lounged, tone gentle and welcoming. Fayne was Noah's love and though once, when they'd first announced their mateship, Sky had been jealous of the woman, she'd long since dropped her hard feelings in favor of loving the girl like a sister, despite her feelings for Noah still lingering. She made him happy and with pups on the way, there was simple no room for change.

<style>
.skytime b {letter-spacing:.05em; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 1px;}
.skytime t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 1px;}
.skytime p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; text-indent:25px;}
.skytime .ooc { margin:auto; text-align:center;}
.skytime {width:500px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uFwoE.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:georgia;}
.skytime p b:before {content: open-quote}
.skytime p b:after {content: close-quote}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 000

Her friends' reactions lightened her mood and eased her anxiety instantly. Paladyrian was happy, bright spirited as she usually was with a large smile on her face. Maybe things had already blown over and could be put into the past. The Delta greeted her Omega friend with some licks and nuzzles of her own, her tail gong off like a rudder behind her so happy to be in friends' company right now. All she wanted right now, was to be surrounded by friendly faces. Fayne laughed lightheartedly and looked over Palaydrian, she looked vibrant and healthy as well. Thank you! You look stunning as well, like always. She was ashamed she hadn't been there for Palaydrian, but she was here now. It really has been much too long. Emerald eyes focused behind the cream wolf to where Sky was lounging and Fayne nipped at Palaydrian's scruff, padding past her to greet the earthy healer. She gave her friendly nudge and then sat herself down, her ears twitching as she heard the unfamiliar, yet familiar, sounds of children playing. Though, they weren't canine children. Her voice was soft, distracted as she spoke, turning to look at the two oddities playing together. A kit fox and a bob cat kitten, rustling around like any other pup would. I'm feeling great. The days are flying by.

She didn't want to speak about her own pregnancy even if it was blatant for all to see. She would need a confirmation aside form Palaydrian's bright attitude that it was okay to speak of it. Another laugh filled the air from her as she watched the two playing on the grass, tackling and growling at one another in their own unique voices. She was surprised to see two non-wolves wrestling around, but it didn't strike a bad note with her. They were every bit as cute as a wolf pup and warmed her heart in the same way as well. Is this still a wolf pack? She joked, turning to Sky then back to Palaydrian. An explanation was due for the two stranglings that frolicked not to far off. Is there something I should be conscious of? Her smile was bright, tail thumping lightly against the earth.

<style>
.lovefayne {background-color:#805264; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QLZ1r.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffb6c5; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#ffb6c5;}
.lovefayne .inner {margin:0px 10px 550px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#ffb6c5;}
.lovefayne .wordcount {color:#ff8dba; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ff8dba; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 4+ OOC:: sorry for the delay!

This was what she needed, the affections and company of her two favorite women to fill her afternoon. Palaydrian didn’t hold anything against her emerald eyed sister for not seeking her out sooner. How could anyone approach the Omega just days after the accident. She had been a mess, refusing to eat, or even come out into the light of day. What had happened was a tragedy and at the time, the golden angel simply wanted to be alone, lost in her depressing pattern of mourning, but all was different now. Drin gave a mock huff through her snout, being told how well she looked, as she padded back to her sisters and settled herself down on the ground. She hardly felt stunning as her mini famine drastically dulled her coat, but with Leaf came happiness and renewal, her body was back on the right track now that she was eating and exercising once more.

Her smile broadened while Fayne addressed Sky’s inquiry. She had felt the same when her own belly carried the extra weight of puppies. Time and the days seemed to blend together while she only wished they’d come on out already. Now her days flew by for an entirely different reason, and the golden woman let out a soft chuckle when the Delta turned her attention to the battling babes. Ocean eyes threw a conspiratorial glance to the medic before turning back to Fayne, last time I checked it was, she giggled once more, fueled by the ridiculous purr bark that emanated from Leaf. The fox kit belongs to Jiva and I, she admitted, her ears lowering a bit with pangs of the past. I named him Leaf the day I found him in the woods, it was as if my body was pulled to him...I still had so much to give, but her smile brightened once more with a fonder memory. You should’ve seen Jiva’s face when I presented the little guy to him.

Drin turned her loving gaze to Sky, she’d be the next to explain her own adopted child to their curious friend. Their shared love of offspring that didn’t carry their own blood was unorthodox at best, but a mother was a caregiver nonetheless and Palaydrian had no doubt in her mind that Sky’s own motherly calling for Fella challenged that of any natural den mother.

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WORD COUNT : 413
I wasn't sure if you guys knew or not, but Fella's actually going on two years. x3

The question of the young ones was met with a knowing smile and laugh. She'd gotten the same questions from many upon joining, when one of her three little ones had been a bobcat. Fella was older now, about a year- almost two. Still, he carried those young traits that would not soon go away, with how pampered he'd been growing up. Now, living mostly on his own near the clinic, Sky could see true traits of his breed in the boy. He spoke easily like any wolf, raised on the dialect- slightly accented and slurred at times from the difference in shape. She'd raised him like her own, beside Tammi and beside Lena and Cody. He was as much her child as they were.

Drin explained Leaf to Fayne and Sky nodded along, having heard the story herself not long ago. When it came her time to explain, she gave a wag of her tail. "I came across Fella when he was still a nursling. I'd been making a supply run from d'Arte to Halifax and while I was there, another woman and I came across a dead bobcat and two kits. She took the female and when she mentioned being unable to care of both, I took the boy. Named him on the ride home after a merchant called him 'little fella'." She mused. At the mentions of his name, the bobcat stopped his play and trotted over, flopping belly down on Sky's ribs and purring in hello.

"What're you guys talkin' about?" He purred, the words heavily accented. Sky nudged him with her nose and he understood. "Oh? Yeah, I am pretty awesome." The teenage cat rolled over onto his back and slid down so his ear tufts brushed the ground at his mum's stomach. Sky laughed softly and rolled over, effectively removing him. He grunted as he rolled to his feet and shoot off the dirt- a rather dog-like motion.

"Anyway. He came with me when I left d'Arte." She continued, looking over at him with a playful smile. "Then again, you never did like Thornbury."

The cat smirked back. "It had nothing to do with the town." He said, matter of factly. "It had everything to do with your choice in men, though." With that, he stood, barely avoiding a scolding nip from Sky as he bounded back towards where he'd been playing with Leaf. Sky watched him go, gaze disapproving.

"...spoiled thing."

<style type="text/css">
.skykids b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fa6b5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skykids f {font-weight:bold; color:#C4A245; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skykids .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.skykids p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skykids {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#faf5f1; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/246m1co.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e8175; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He was speaking in high speech right? .__. Also, sorry for the wait ladies. :3 Crappy post.

Word Count → 000

The noises the two boys made as the rolled about were different sounding to Fayne's ears, but were still happy and playful. Watching the two was a great distraction from the thoughts swirling around in the worried soon to be mother's head and after a couple moments of being with Sky and Palaydrian, they were mostly non-existent. Fayne turned to the creme colored wolf as she explained about Leaf. Her own smile widened even more at the woman's explanation. She sounded as if Leaf were of her own blood, the way she was drawn to him like a mother is to a child. The silver woman was happy to see her bright again...even if she hadn't been in sight for her darker days. Seeing Palaydrian like that would have only added more worries onto Fayne and however good of a friend she wanted to be, she had her own children to worry about. I'm sure Jiva was surprised to see what you'd brought him. He's adorable Palaydrian. I've never seen any thing like him. Her eyes looked over Leaf, taking him and his small body in. He didn't look like he'd grow to be very big and would need Palaydrian there to watch over him.

Sky was next to start explaining. Fayne may have seen a glimpse of the cat around New Dawn but it never quite registered that he belonged to the earthy healer. Not many in New Dawn had companions that weren't of the wolf species. She simply wasn't used to the idea. She listened to Sky as she spoke about how she came across Fella. Fayne's eyes drifted to him as he meandered over to where Sky was and flopped around loosely. She had some trouble understanding him, but the second part got through. She was entertained with his attitude, a bright giggle escaping her as she watched his antics. Their conversation drew on and even more laughter arose from the silver fae. Her eyes drifted to Sky as Fella commented on her choice in men, running away shortly after to join Leaf again. Fayne nodded to Sky's comment. He has an attitude too. Charming though. The silver woman was happy now, in the presence of her friends and their other species sons. Seeing them so excited over the two boys made Fayne become even more excited about her own litter which was soon to arrive. That day would be glorious and she wanted everyone to be there, even if it wasn't tradition.

Fayne lay down next to Sky, letting the sun beat down on her glimmering pelt. It felt nice and made her eyes slightly heavy. But, she wasn't about to fall asleep on her two friends. The silver woman wanted to go on about the pups growing inside her, but still wasn't sure if it was a proper subject to talk about. Her ears twitched backwards as she choked back the urge, giving a small sigh.

<style>
</style>[/html]