Flames reunited
OCC: Fails I forgot to grammar check doing that now.
Desired Profession Path: a teacher, fire tender, or what ever you need most.
NPC's: not at the moment

Fire sniffed the air crouched low in her humanoid form. Her long black hair pulled back with a ribbon. Her slender face was accented, but filled with unease. She was standing by the border, and on the border was the small deer she managed to bring down as a peace offering. Her ears laid back knowing it wouldn't work, since when she brought it down she had tripped and fallen into the border. Hence why the deer was half on half off. Sighing she turned away leaving the deer for the moment to get her own breakfast.

The pale sun was peaking up over the trees before she managed to return, the small rabbit tucked into her now wolf form muzzle. Gently she laid it down and took a generous bite. Chewing quickly she reached back down for the heart. Extracting it she turned away from both her catches. And walked back to the thick cover of the woods. Silently moving though the underbrush she found a spot of soft dirt. Turning she dug a shallow hole and placed the cooled heart inside it. "My this prey be reborn in flesh as well as spirit."

Quickly she padded back to the deer and took one more bite from the rabbit. Swallowing, she slowly lifted her head to the warm sun,"HELLO!" She howled before laying down by the rest of the rabbit. She would save it for the wolf that came to her.
Hey! Very sorry for making you wait so long. Sad

Also, we have space open for both teachers and fire-tenders. Both have about the same number of characters in them, so feel free to pick whichever you like best! You can check our ranks if you're not sure. You can also work toward a co-rank if you want to (scroll down on the rank page Big Grin)
[html]
[/html]Claudius heard the howl go out not far from his den, so he replied as quickly as possible. As he was in the process of working on a carving, he hastily tried to pack up all of his belongings before setting out eastward to find the newcomer at their borders. He knew it was a newcomer of some sort, as the howl was unfamiliar to him and he had been in AniWaya the longest out of all the members here.

He arrived to scent of blood and felt the fur on the back of his neck bristle in anticipation. He relaxed--but only marginally--when he smelled that the blood was that from prey, not predator. He found a wolf, two-legged like himself, waiting by the borders with a mangled rabbit and a deer at her feet.

"Huh-he-hello," he intoned slowly. "I a-am thuh-the Tuh-Tribe... Rep...resenta-a-ative... sub-luh-leader... of... Ani-wuh-wa-aya... Whuh-why ha-a-ave... yuh-you cuh-called... fuh-for... me?" he asked. [html]
[/html]
(Don't worry your fine Smile um... I guess fire tender as I would like to work metal like a smithy)

Fire tilted her head slightly confused at the wolfs stuttering. She shook her head once shrugging slightly. Her mother wasn't exactly normal. Suddenly she realized her head was above this unusual male. Her ears laid back as she stooped down a bit. She jumped as she realized what his question meant... He wasn't going to comment on the sent over the border? Coughing she smiled slightly," Sorry sir, I forget my manors. My name is Fire Lynn Shikoba, commonly known as Fire Lynn. As my mother before me left, I would like to reverse her choice and join." She dipped her head low and looked to the ground a flicker of pain flitting across her features. Mother, she thought, I'm finally doing what you wished. Her heart jerked with pain that she grappled with until she managed to shove it back into the darkest corner of her mind. During Fire's internal struggle her body remained bent and still. Her respectful pose held.

With out warning her body sprang into motion her head lifting slowly full of joy. A true smile lit up her features and her tail wagged slightly," I brought down that deer for an offering, and I got you this rabbit." Her moods were swinging a bit as her more puppyish self took control of this serous situation. The older part of Fire could only watch and hope for the best.
Sounds good! We also have a metal crafter co-rank if you're interested in pursuing that! Smile

Also, you made me wonder about how borders work, so I asked a question. Hopefully that clarifies it! Big Grin
[html]
[/html]The wolf seemed jumpy, but at least aware of how to behave at the borders. It seemed as though there was a slight delay between what she knew she ought to do and when she actually did it. Since they were both in their Optime forms, it took her a few seconds before she folded down her ears and lowered her head. When she spoke, Claudius found that he had more questions now, than answers. If her mother before her had left, had she left AniWaya? And if so, who was she? Claudius did not recognize the name, so he wondered if she was referring to the Great Tribe. It seemed as though AniWaya was home to many who had left the Great Tribe as well as canines who'd never heard of their way of life. He wondered into which category Fire Lyn fell.

Just as quickly as she had lowered her head, she moved once more and indicated toward the deer. Claudius now understood the reason for the smell near the borders: she had found a gift to precede her request to join. This was good. He had never had someone offer food to him and although he was suspicious that there may be something wrong with it--old suspicions die hard, after all--his stronger desire was to share the food with the rest of the tribe. The rabbit, too, it seemed was an offering; though it was not whole like the deer was.

"Thuh-thank yuh-you for thuh-the offering. Wuh-was yuh-your muh-mother wuh-once a... member... of thuh-the... Guh-Great Tuh-tribe? Or A-ni-wuh-wa-ya? O-o-r a-a-are you... new... to our... wuh-way of luh-life?" he asked, genuinely curious.[html]
[/html]
Sorry for the late reply I had work... And no I have know idea what's happening with fire XD I play these things by ear)

Fire twitched her ear as her joyful self faded back again. Her head was once again low and looking down," I don't know much about your way of life. All I know is my mother, Zela, told me to find the pack with horses in the north if something happened to her and my father, Loco. She left for him." Fire whined deep in her throat remembering her family's death. Shaking away her memories she smiled softly at the younger wolf. "Would you like to eat before we continue?" She held up the rabbit, " I ate a bite before you came." She had seen his hesitation when she pointed at the prey, of course he thinks seine things wrong with it. She turned to look at the deer sitting on a strong marker and couldn't help but wince inside. How could she be so stupid?

Hoping the wolf was eating, she backed away toward the deer and beyond. When she got to the bush she had spent the night in, she grabbed a heavy bag. Inside clanked all her tools and metal bits she used to craft. She smiled smelling the faint hints of Loco forever engrained in the old leather. Her fathers legacy and all that he was, was told by the tool pouch. Even though according to his beliefs no female could learn the smithy arts. Looking over her shoulder she realized she need to get back quickly. It wasn't a very big rabbit. Allowing her self one more deep breath, and a stab of pain, she walked back to Claudius her bag tightly clenched in her hand.
Not a problem. To make things less awkward for Fire (poor girl!), try focusing on having Fire answer Claudius' questions. He'll question her about her skills, ask her how she can help AniWaya, and then hopefully accept her Smile
[html]
[/html]Claudius was a little concerned that the girl had done something to the deer now that she insisted, again that he eat it. As he was unused to such professions of goodwill, he was unsure what to do with them. He knew that if either Ulilohi or Io were here, they would understand how to handle the situation. Or, perhaps, since it was he who had seen the worst of the war, then he was the best to handle this as he was likely the most suspicious. As far as he knew, AniWaya did not have any enemies that would wish to poison them with an entire deer, but they had not known of the spy, Matteo, until it had been too late. He would have to be gracious so as not to upset her and bring the deer to Ulilohi. She would know what to do. He suspected that he was just being overly sensitive anyhow.

"I wuh-will buh-bring thuh-them tuh-to our... luh-leader to... shuh-share wuh-with our tuh-tribe," he replied uneasily. He did not like being pressured to do things and this was a rather disconcerting encounter, to say the least.

After she pushed the rabbit toward him, she disappeared for a moment. Claudius cocked his head to one side, wondering where and why she had left. He could hear her rummaging around in the distance and after a few seconds, she returned with a bag that bore the scent of another wolf and metal and leather.

When she returned, he decided to question her to determine her motivations and skills and whether she might be permitted to join AniWaya.

"A-a-are thuh-those some... of yuh-your... belongings?" he asked, gesturing to the bag. He hoped that this might help her open up and explain herself a bit more. Although he had a suspicion of what she was carrying in the bag, he wanted to hear her answer.[html]
[/html]
WC: 317
Fails did not check spelling well enough.... She wasn't talking about the deer, just the rabbit she had taken a bite from. She was telling him the rabbit was safe because she ate some. She was glancing over at the deer because of her scent being so near the last sent marking. she then walked over to the deer and beyond.... Warning I like to give my carris heart reaching horrible story's. And yep I'll just answer questions now, and edit my post before this... One more thing, can I jump in with the hurricane?)

Fire jumped eyes wide seeing both the untouched rabbit and hearing Claudius ask about the bag. She mentally slapped her self, she was a new wolf everything she did was suspicious. Sighing she sat down cross legged in front of the male wolf to keep low. Glancing up she smiled," Yes, these are now my belongings. They were my papa Loco's. I have brought them along way. It just over two years to make it here." Her eyes where slightly glazed as she petted the soft cured buffalo hide. Opening the top hatch she started to pull things out. First was a twisted hunk of metal. "This was my first try at a horse shoe. I had watched Pa for months and I wanted to try. So while he was teaching Sky about hunting I tried this." A small smile lit her features," Boy was he mad that I had touched the sacred fire. The elders had to kill and move the fire to a new spot. Moma had laughed saying she knew with a name such as mine that the flames would call." She closed her eyes pain shooting though her, but knowing the male needed to hear her skills, not her stories.

Next from her bag she pulled clamps and a hammer. "These are used to grip and mold the hot metals. With an anvil and other shaping tools you can make beautiful works of art. From a gate, to a sword, to even horse shoes. Anything metal can be made with these two tools and the flames of the sacred fire." She looked up quickly a thought springing into her head," Your pack does have the sacred fire right? I had met some packs that don't and I had to leave." She was panicky and worried with out her connection to her parents she had nothing.
Yes, once Fire is accepted as a member of the tribe, you can post in any threads listed here as aw ("all welcome")
[html]
[/html]Claudius watched carefully as she revealed the many items stored in her bag. She showed explained the significance of each, but when she explained that a twisted and malformed piece of metal was supposed to be a horse shoe, Claudius had to suspect that her attempt had not been overly successful. Even if horses alternatively terrified him (they were huge!) and made him want to eat them (they were prey, after all) even he knew that the piece of metal she brandished would not fit on a horse's hoof.

She paused when she explained how the fire had to be moved and Claudius wondered if it was for the same reasons that the fire was to be tended in AniWaya by the skilled and masterful fire tenders only. Although Fire had said she did not hail from a tribe like AnIWaya, it sounded as though her family had observed something akin to their traditions.

"Yuh-yes, wuh-we ha-ave a... cere... mo... ni-a-a-al... fuh-fire. Fuh-from wuh-what I under...st-a-a-a-nd... fuh-few puh-packs... do..." he explained. "And thuh-these tuh-tools... a-a-a-re yuh-you a... buh-black... smith, thuh-then? Wuh-we ha-a-ave.. fire tuh-tending... rank puh-paths... and cuh-crafting paths... both o-of which... may... suit... such... skills."[html]
[/html]
Nods)

Fire looked up in shock and joy but quickly a guarded expression fell into place. "Yes, I can be considered a black smith. You accept She wolfs in those positions? From where I was from, a male wolf of the blood line would be the only one allowed to tend the flames and work the metal. That is why when I created this." She pulled out a delicate chain of steel and silver. The ends were weighed down by glittering stones. " When I created this, my family was pushed to the outlands. This is a women's chain of depute. When she finds the one she loves, She gives him this chain to treasure. I created with women's hands a woman's item. Usually to create one takes months of preparation and cleansing." She winced, " But that's not what you're asking. I would be more than happy to see your flames, and learn more about the metal in this part of the world. I come from way south and the stones are different. If that is what you mean." She looked down hoping she hadn't over stepped her bounds. She sighed a bit waiting for his response and wanting to turn back into lupus form. Her limbs were good for crafting and tending a fire, but she always felt better interacting with others as a wolf.
You've been accepted into AniWaya on the Out of Character end of things! Feel free to roleplay in the AniWaya forum with Fire as a member of the tribe. Smile I'll reply later this afternoon with Claudius once I get back from my classes! You're welcome to assume in other threads that Claudius did accepted her into the tribe, since that is what I will be replying with later today.

[html]
<style>.awinfo a { font-weight: bold; }</style>
Welcome to AniWaya!

Hooray! Check out all of this fun stuff:

• Have a look at the Aniwaya Territories for interesting areas to explore.
  • Completing tasks in the season game offer collectibles, tables, avatars, icons, art and titles. Have a look!
  • You can collect points from your posts and trade them for various prizes, including art.
  • Remember to look into AniWaya's culture and laws!
  • Do you have a horse? Add it to the official stables overview, here.
  • Do you have a spirit guide already? Add it to our current listings, here.

Need help? Confused about AniWaya stuff? Don't hesitate to PM your questions to the AniWaya account, and we'll reply as soon as possible. If you need posting tables, avatars or sigs, you can request code and graphics in the talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in the Questions and Help forum!

[/html]
Cool thank you Smile)
Just a heads up: since we only record In Character posts in the post count number on your profile and not posts you make in, say, Out of Character Garbage, make sure you only post responses to In Character threads when you reply.

Also, his stutter is kinda hard to read, so you can hover for the non-stuttery version!
[html]
[/html]Claudius frowned when Fire questioned whether they would accept a woman for the position. Given that they had no firesmithing rank in name, and that the crafting rank was open to all who wished to learn, he failed to grasp the importance of her gender being a factor. Claudius recalled that Dawali had once told him that weaving was apparently "women's work", but he'd never understood how. Quite simply, Claudius did not comprehend delineations of gender roles according to profession or task.

[html][/html] "Yuh-yes, we duh-do nuh-not... ha-ave any... such... re-suh-str-ti-hi-ctions... on... r-r-rank... thuh-those a-a-are... suh-social c-c-c-onstruc...tions... cuh-created... by... cuh-canines. Wuh-we duh-do not... have... such... rules. Buh-but if.. you a-a-are... willing... to use... your skills... and abide... by... our laws... yuh-you ma-ay find... Ani-Waya... to be a puh-peaceful home. I-it muh-may be... different... fuh-from your... home... but i-i-if yuh-you can wuh-work... to cuh-contrib-yuh-ute... to the tuh-tribe... you wuh-will do wuh-well." [html]
[/html]
Alright I'll remember that. I read that pretty clearly. Big Grin and sorry for really short post )

Fire Lynn let a smile split across her face, and her tail wagged hesitantly. "So, that means I can remain a blacksmith and work with fire?" She fought to keep calm. Her body quivering in excitement. "Oh thank you Claudius. I won't forget this ever." Her eyes glittered with hidden tears, and her voice deepened until its gruffness was painful. She didn't care her joy was that strong. "Should we bring the prey back to camp? Or," she paused unsure of how to continue; her mind buzzing a thousand times a minute. How she ever got this chance... She closed her eyes remembering all she had done to get to this point. Her insides plummeted as the smile grew larger on her face. She knew a lot of work would have to be done, if her past was ever to fade away.
Oh man, you can read it better than I! Haha good job XD And we can end it here if you'd like or you can post again with Fire following Claudius. ^^
[html]
[/html]Her positive energy was positively infectious. When she smiled, he found himself smiling as well, glad that he would be able to accept her into the tribe with good conscious. He didn't want to turn her away, especially after she had revealed a few painful truths about herself. Although he hadn't acknowledged them, just because if he knew he did, it could raise more pain for her, he was aware that AniWaya might be her last stop on a long trip to find somewhere she belonged. Claudius had spent much of his time doing that, but his self-discovery had thankfully kept him within the tribe's borders until his journey for his spirit guide.

When she asked about bringing the things back, Claudius nodded.

"Yuh-yes. I cuh-can huh-help yuh-you ca-c-carry thuh-them," he replied. "I a-a-a-am suh-sure... yuh-you a-a-are... tired... from your journey." When he saw that she was starting to slip off, he stepped closer and gestured with his arm. "Cuh-come. Wuh-we ha-a-a-ve... suh-some... empty... huts... fuh-from puh-previous... residents... or yuh-you ma-a-a-ay... di-di-dig... a duh-den. Come, luh-let us... fuh-find... you... a home." With that, he smiled broadly, hoping to allay her fears and reassure her that this would be her home. "Wuh-welcome… to… AniWaya." [html]
[/html]
WC: 203