Making Provisions
[html]

WC:211+ - OOC Points - 10

Outside of the caverns, the weather seemed to be on the turn. Dark clouds had been brewing on the horizon more and more lately, and as Kai trotted back onto Anathema pack lands with a few dead rabbits gripped in his jaws in his preferred Secui form, his eyes lifted overhead to the skies. Perhaps he should take the opportunity now and once he had taken the rabbits back to Axelle, he should head back out to hunt. If the weather got any worse, it would make hunting all the more difficult, and he wouldn't risk Axelle going hungry.

Trotting back through the pack lands, he knew he had some making up to do with Axelle. He knew he could be stubborn and down right annoying at times with his aggressive manner, and she had to put up with a lot from him, but he had his faults, just like everyone else and although he may snap at her, and although he may act like he was an island, that he didn't need anyone or anything else, he needed her, more than he had ever needed anyone or anything before.

<style>
.Kai01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Kai01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Kai01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#e7d4b3; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kai01 {background-color:#5a4726; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/6ogymf.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Kai01-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry, crappy post is crappy >.<

The bad feeling that had settled in Itzal's stomach was just growing stronger. His survival instincts were screaming at him to run but Itzal wasn't sure why. He had never felt this way before. Fear wasn't something Itzal was familiar with but he was afraid of the way his fur stood on end. He had been laying in his den when it had become to much. He had gathered up his uncle's fur, which he now word draped over his shoulders, along with his knives and Katana. It was sad for Itzal how he could carry everything he owned on his person at one time but at least it was convenient. And the fur at least hid the Katana when he was seen from the front. His knives couldn't be hidden, but his dagger was also unseen in his pouch. He was planning on having a sheath made so he could hide the dagger more conveniently. But for now, he was okay with the way things were.

As Itzal approach the opening to the den Itzal was confused. The normal light he could see was gone. And when Itzal broke to the surface he knew why. Angry dark clouds were approaching, and the sun was dulled by them. Itzal growled, not liking the feeling that the clouds gave him. Itzal thought about Axelle, wondering if he should go find her and warn her about the clouds. But he couldn't bring himself to go back into the dark caves at the moment. And Itzal could smell fresh animal blood. He liked that smell and used it to distract him. So it was with a smile that he broke through the trees to find a male wolf in his Secui form. Itzal was shocked for a moment to see that the male was as black as him. Itzal had never seen another completely black wolf like him at Nova Scotia. Itzal quickly got rid of the shock, it disappeared from his face and body, along with all other emotion. Itzal knew the man was of the pack but that didn't mean Itzal knew him. Itzal could smell the rabbit's blood though and it stirred part of him that made him want to hunt. "Hello there. Nice catch." He said, indicating the rabbits.

<style type="text/css">
.itziziti b {font-weight:bold; color:#c5807c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.itziziti p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.itziziti {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#3c0003; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/f1gps7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 272px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#995753; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.itziziti p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.itziziti p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:364+ - OOC Points - 3

As he noticed movement nearby, his eyes fell from the tumultuous skies above him to lock onto the only other he could see around the place. All the others must be gathering their things and loved ones and staying sheltered. Kai's gaze held the other male for a second or two as he came a little closer, and Kai slowed in his path towards the caverns, from where this male had just emerged from, it seemed. Usually, Malakai was cold towards otehrs, especially those he didn't know, and even more so to newcomers, but this male was from Anathema, and he did try to look after others of his pack, just as he was meant to. As the male mentioned his catch, Kai nodded briefly and dropped the rabbits to the ground, licking his muzzle briefly before answering. "In a perfect world, I'd be dragging back a stag or two, but it looks like a lot of creatures have already gone into hiding from this nasty-looking weather. A few rabbits were all I could pick up from without straying too far from the pack borders."

Kai's eyes glanced over the male, immediatly noticing the few weapons not hidden by the pelt he wore. Obviously an able fighter or hunter, or both, with blades on him. Perhaps he was doing the same as Kai was - collecting a few bits of food just in case the bad weather decided to stick around. "If you're looking for some meat, there were more rabbits, just at the north edge of the pack lands. It wouldn't take long to grab a few, but I'd head back home pretty quickly if I were you." Kai motioned above them to the darkening skies. "Looks like we might be in for some fairly rough weather soon enough." Briefly shaking himself down, Kai's head cocked to the side lightly - he hadn't seen this male around lately, and for the first time in a while, he was feeling more friendly than aggressive towards strangers. "You new to Anathema? Can't say that I recognize your face. My name is Malakai." The black male's head briefly bowed in a greeting to his fellow pack member.

<style>
.Kai01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#e7d4b3; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kai01 {background-color:#5a4726; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/6ogymf.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Kai01-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 000 || Points: 0 Sorry for the wait.

Itzal heard a crackle in the distance and glanced away from the black wolf to see if there was any sign of what made the sound. It sounded like the weather was growing worse. Itzal glanced back to the wolf, though he had never truly taken his attention from him, only his eyes. Itzal listened as he explained his bad luck do to the weather and Itzal understood why the animals had ran, "I know what you mean. I feel like a rabbit about to be pounced on myself for some reason. Maybe the animals were smart to get to hiding." Itzal wasn't one to back down from a fight but what could he do when his enemy was nature? Itzal hated feeling like he was in a fight with an opponent he couldn't see. "I think we are in for some trouble, He said, voicing his inner thoughts with a mumble.

Itzal thought about possible taking his advice and going to the edge of the pack lands to hunt. But Itzal had hunted earlier, taking down a wounded bull. He had eaten most of it over the course of a few days, and was good and nourished right now. And Itzal had to agree with the man, wandering to far right now seemed dangerous. Itzal wanted to go and find Axelle and keep her safe but he knew that she could protect herself. Still, the worry pooling in the bit of his stomach made him decide to find her later and check up on her.

He grinned as he heard a very familiar question. He glanced at Malakai and shook his head. "No, not really new. I've been family for a long time now, almost half a year, maybe longer. But I left for a while, to take care of some loose ends." the smile that always appeared on Itzal's face when he remembered killing his uncle and his pack didn't fail to appear this time. And Itzal knew that Anathema was full of people with dark past, so he decided to share with Malakai exactly what he had been doing, "I had some people to kill. And once that was done, I had the one I was after skinned," He indicated the pelt on his back, "And returned here. I've been back for about a month now. You must have joined in the time I was gone. My name is Itzal. Nice to meet you." Itzal wasn't sure what the man would think about his honesty, but Itzal didn't care. Killing was what he did best. And killing was what part of him loved to do. Eztli stirred, awakened by the thought of death. He hungered to taste blood. Itzal grimaced, knowing that now Eztli wouldn't shut up and leave him alone for a while. But Itzal was use to that. Eztli had always been a pain in Itzal's ass.

<style>
.GR2_Rio p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Rio b {font-family:verdana; color:#656877; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Rio {background-color:#0b090c; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#d1ccd0; line-height:12px; width:414px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i50.tinypic.com/vg24v4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Rio .ooc {text-align:Left; font-family:verdana; color:#dccab6; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #656877; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
</style>
Code by Kitty !
[/html]
[html]
Ooc Ha no worries. Por Kai really likes Itzal, homewrecker hehe. [WC: 500 || Pts:5]

As the other male's attention also shifted to the darkening skies above them, it was clear that the everyone was feeling the same sense of foreboding, the same tension and electricity in the air about the storm that was brewing nearby. The male's answer, about his time at Anathema caused Kai to nod a little - he knew well enough that if a member of the pack left, then he or she was always welcome to return and was always considered a member for life, something he was very glad of.

To Itzal's explanation of where he had been and what had taken him from the pack, Kai listened closely. It was an unecessary explanation - this male didn't have to justify his absence to Malakai, but upon hearing that he had spent his time on darker matters, the look in Kai's eyes began to change, very subtly. This one had very few qualms about killing, and was happy to talk openly about it, something that caught Kai's attention fully. Most, while it was true they had come from more dubious backgrounds, were keen to shed their past, to hide from it even. But not this one. This one was happy to embrace the fact that he was a killer. This was someone Kai could see himself getting along with.

Itzal was his name, so he said, and once more, Kai's head lowered a little in a greeting. His feral eyes regarded this one as a kindred spirit, one who was unfazed by death and pain, and who in fact enjoyed inflicting both upon others, who reveled in it, who found a natural skill in such things. Kai's usual stand-offish behaviour towards strangers was pushed down now, and bowing his head, Kai picked up the rabbits he had caught and trotted over a little closer to this male. Once more, he dropped the animals to the ground. "Well, Itzal, it is a pleasure to meet you." Kai's eyes had taken on a dark smirk, as if his soul was joyous in finding another with the same inclination as he. His gaze swept over the pelt he wore. "That is certainly a fine fur you took. Once this storm is over with, perhaps you would be so kind as to give me a little more information on exactly how you kept it in such fine condition as you skinned its owner... At some point in time, it may come in handy for someone that I would like to get a hold of." Axelle had mentioned the male who had raped her, the blind one, the one whose pups she had given birth to, only to slaughter. Kai would one day track this male down and take his pelt, preferably while Kemo was still alive. The thought caused his heart to pick up its pace just a little. Yes, Kai could see himself getting on with this Itzal very well. Little did he know just how much the two black males had in common.

<style>
.Kai04-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.Kai04 i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.Kai04 b {color:#f2f2f2; font-weight:bold;}
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 483 || Points: 3 Lol they are both so similar, it is easy to see where Axelle's taste lay. And they really would make good friends, if they both didn't love the same girl.

Itzal was somewhat pleased by the man's response. Even though most of Anathema's members came from dark past, they still had a problem when it came to talking about death and killing so openly. This man however, seemed to be one of those exceptions. They way his attitude shifted subtly and how he moved closer made Itzal think he had found someone who understood why he could talk about it with such ease and even joy. It was true that many people came to Anathema to leave their past behind, but killing wasn't Itzal's past. It was his life, his past, present, and future. Itzal wasn't sure that he believe in fate but if it wasn't fate that carved out his path, it was his own need for survival. If you want to survive as a pup on your own at six months old, you learn that killing isn't an option, it is the only option. And now Itzal enjoyed it. He enjoyed how good he was at it. The dark male had surely been blessed. He remembered one man crying about a dark angel, right before Itzal slit his throat. Maybe that was what Itzal was. A dark angel. Whatever the word angel meant, Itzal was sure he would fit the darker form of it.

Noting the man's interest in the pelt Itzal smiled, "I'd be happy to tell you what I can. I actually had a help from an old huntress, who often skinned different types of prey. I could show you some of the things she showed me, though I'm no where near her skill." His uncle's pelt was a trophy of sorts. Itzal had tortured him a long time before finally killing him, and at night, the pelt reminded him of those hours spent listening to his uncle scream. It made sure Itzal went to bed wearing a smile every night.

The fact that Malakai had his own people to hunt was less of a surprise given his interest and his reaction to Itzal's words. Itzal was confident that Malakai and him were more similar than he had first thought. He might not have the demon inside of him that Itzal did, but they both enjoyed what they did. "I assume it is safe to say that our interest lay rather close together." Itzal said, grinning as they walked. Eztli spoke to him then, whispering sweet words in his ear, This male is nothing like me. Like us. He is just another thing of prey. He bleeds the same color when his throat is ripped out as a rabbit does. Let me show you, . The last few words were whispered seductively into Itzal's mind. If Itzal hadn't been dealing with Eztli for years, he would have given in. But Itzal was use to the sweet words. And he ignored how they made his pulse quicken and his mouth water.

<style>
.GR2_Rio b {font-family:verdana; color:#656877; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Rio {background-color:#0b090c; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#d1ccd0; line-height:12px; width:414px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i50.tinypic.com/vg24v4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Rio .ooc {text-align:Left; font-family:verdana; color:#dccab6; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #656877; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
</style>
Code by Kitty !
[/html]
[html]

WC:615+ - OOC Awww, Brother!

Malakai's dark grin broadened a little more as the other agreed to share what he knew about skinning and about keeping pelts, and again, he offered Itzal a light nod. Only the Angela and Angelo had ever recieved this kind of response from Kai - even Axelle hadn't seen this level of 'agreeableness'. It seemed to surprise him somewhat just how at ease he felt around this male. Friends weren't a huge part of Malakai's existence. Allies might be a better term - individuals who were not immediatly dismissed and who would remain a casual acquaintance in the chance that one day, their services or help may be required. But this one may be the first genuine friendship Kai had ever really formed.

"Well, thank you, I'd appreciate it." Again, 'Thank Yous' were not often heard from the black male but on this occassion, Kai meant it. He offered another small nod and a chuckle as Itzal mentioned that perhaps their hobbies were not that dissimilar. "Most of our pack members around here seem to shy away from death, from killing. But I get the feeling, as you do, that you and I are perhaps cut from the same cloth, as it were." Kai motioned down to the two large rabbits he had carried from his hunt. "If you would like, you may take one of the rabbits I caught, if it will save you a trip. Those clouds look like they move closer to us every minute." This was practically unheard of - Kai had offered another male something, of his own free will, without expecting anything in return. Of course, the rabbit wouldn't fend off much hunger, but it could be kept a day or so, if Itzal wanted it and would perhaps at least see him through the worst of the storm to come. If he declined the offer, Malakai would take it back for Axelle, as planned. "My mate and I already have enough supplies to see us through the next few days."

Kai bowed his head and nudged a little at the dead animals on the ground, offering one to the other black male. Sharing had never been Malakai's strongest point - quite the opposite. He was far too selfish to ever let any others have anything of his, not unless he would recieve some sort of reward or compensation, but now, as he offered the rabbit, something within him swelled, something that felt almost like pride. "Take it if you want, Brother." He didn't think about his words until they were spoken. Brother? The word hadn't felt foreign or alien to him as he had spoken it, and he supposed that in a way, Itzal was a brother - members of Anathema were all bound by blood, by the Ritual upon joining. Was this what it felt like to belong to a pack? It was the first time since joining Anathema that he had really involved himself with another member, besides Axelle of course. It felt good. His kind were meant to live this way, to help each other, to survive alongside others in a pack. Kai's feral yellow eyes watched this other silently for now as he thought all of this and something deep down inside of him knew that this was his pack loyalty kicking in, that his fellow pack members were his family, his blood. The thought seemed to calm him somewhat. Yes, Itzal was his Brother. Strange, he thought, that he should feel such a close bond, a connection, with another black male in such a short space of time. He had known him for no longer than a few minutes and yet he felt like family.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Awwww! Pt +5 Wc:597

Itzal shrugged off the thank you. It wasn't that he didn't appreciate it but Itzal wasn't one to accept thanks. He did something because he wanted to, so there was no reason to thank him for doing what he wanted. But still, the sentiment wasn't lost on Itzal. He nodded his head in response. Itzal didn't say anything until Malakai confirmed his suspicions, causing Itzal to grin. And what bloody cloth it is. The black male who stood on two feet said to the one on four. Itzal wasn't sure how he felt about Malakai. He was happy to have found someone that he could share interest with but that also put Malakai high on Itzal's potential threat list. Itzal was always expecting a knife in the back, except for the moments when Axelle made him drop his guard. Then he would have welcomed a knife in the back if it was coming from her. But Malakai wasn't Axelle, and as much as Itzal found himself liking the male, his instincts and Eztli screamed at him to be wary.

The shock on his face had to be evident for a few seconds as the male offered Itzal food. Then Itzal did his best to hide it. He wasn't sure how successful he was, but he expected moderately. Itzal wasn't use to that kind of generosity. Especially from another male who had hunted down the prey for his mate. Itzal wasn't sure how to respond. Malakai's words caused Itzal to again look up at the approaching storm and grimace some more. Then his gaze returned to the black male in front of him. Are you sure? Itzal was a more than capable hunter, but Malakai's offer held a ring of decision too it. Like if Itzal took the rabbit, he was sealing whatever possibility of a friendship there was between them, and if he refused, he crushed the chance for that friendship. Itzal still hadn't decided when the word brother slipped out.

It really wasn't a big deal to Itzal. He often called his fellow packmates his family. Though he had never given them specific titles. Itzal didn't understand the concept of family that well. His own had been murdered by another so called member of their family. And then Itzal had murdered that member of his family. So to Itzal, family was just a word. He had yet to connect any personal ties to the word, though the bases for them were forming. But that specific word. That title of brother seemed to mean a lot to Malakai. And to Itzal it did in a way. His own brother had been killed at 5 months, so Itzal had never really known him. But maybe he would have been just like Itzal. Maybe he would have been a Malakai if it had been him to live instead of Itzal. Itzal knew that the pack was his family, but what did that truly mean. This is what it means. Itzal thought, eyeing the rabbit in front of him. Sacrificing something that you earned to make sure another was okay, that was family. Itzal decided right then to take the rabbit. He bent down and picked it up, a conflicted grin on his face as he tried to wrap his mind around the new concept of family that he was forming. Thank you...brother. It means a great deal. And it did to the black male. He didn't think he could ever have given something up so selflessly. It was a testament to Malakai's strength that he had been able too.

<style type="text/css">
.itziziti b {font-weight:bold; color:#c5807c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.itziziti p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.itziziti {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#3c0003; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/f1gps7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 272px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#995753; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.itziziti p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.itziziti p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:361+ - OOC Points - 3

Kai's own dark grin had broadened a little upon hearing Itzal's words about the bloody cloth, his head bowing once more in agreement. Indeed it was. Two black males who weren't ashamed of their skills, who were instead proud of what they were capable of, what they could do.

Watching as Itzal bent to pick up the rabbit Kai had offered him, the black male felt another swell of pride within his chest, and immediatly, he wanted to run back to his mate and tell her of his triumph, like a proud little pup. This was a major achievement to Malakai - offering something to another without expecting anything in return. Of course, Axelle would be less impressed. After all, helping out other pack members was expected, wasn't it? Surely this was what other pack members did for each other all the time. As Itzal thanked him and used the same term he himself had used, a genuine smile replaced the darker smirk that he wore. Hearing the word 'Brother' when it was aimed at him gave him a warm feeling within, the same sort of feeling he got when Axelle smiled at him, when she touched him, when she made him feel like he belonged there with her. That was what it was, a sense of belonging.

Kai regarded the other male, before motioning back to the caves. "As I said, me and my mate already have some provisions to see us through whatever the weather holds for us." Kai cocked his head to the side gently. "I've heard some of the others talking, some of them think we are in for a hurricane so we might be trapped inside for a few days. You should come by and I can introduce you to her." Kai didn't elaborate on Axelle for now. "I hope that once the storm passes, we might be able to meet up again, Itzal." It felt good knowing there was another like him around the place. "I have been made the pack Torturer but as yet haven't had much of a chance to sharpen my skills. t would be nice to have another's opinion and advice."

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 000 || Points: 0 Ooc

Itzal was happy to see that the male took such a liking to him. Itzal might know a few people in the pack, but he could count on one paw the number he counted as his friends. And the only one he could say he absolutely trusted was Axelle. Other people might find that a sad existence but Itzal liked it.Itzal's life style didn't allow him to have many people close to him. Even his pack, his family, were all greeted with cautionary emotions. Itzal suspected that Malakai's lifestyle was much the same. In their course of business, friendship wasn't a high priority. And killing someone you regarded as a friend was always an unhappy experience. Unless they pissed you off. Then it was a sweet moment of revenge.

Itzal thought for a second about all the killing he had done. Perhaps he should feel bad, he thought. But he didn't. The first few times he had felt bad and then it just stopped. Then it came naturally. Itzal could kill and kill and he never even batted an eye. The only bad thing that had come of it was Eztli. And the death of the first person he ever loved. Itzal tried to remember those feelings he had had for that girl, but they were gone. She was just another body. one body among countless others.

He listened as Malakai invited him to come by his den and meet his mate. Itzal hadn't heard of any recently mated couples but it could have happened while he was away. He figured Malakai's mate was just a female in the pack that he didn't know. "Thank you for the offer. Maybe I will come by, though I hear that we won't be staying in the caves during the storm. Apparently they are too far underground to be safe." He said, frowning. He didn't want to leave the caves but he was taking his stuff somewhere safe just in case they were forced too. He would retrieve it after the storm. "I'd love to see your work. It will be fun to have someone to swap stories with." He said. Eztli was talking in his head, something about showing Malakai what he could do, but Itzal ignored him. Eztli was just trying to throw him off but Itzal wouldn't let him. Not today.

<style>
</style>
Code by Kitty !
[/html]
[html]

WC:278+ - OOC End with your post?

Friends was not something Malakai was used to having - Allies, perhaps, but not friends. People that could be used when needed, those who wouldn't be bothered with until they could in some way do something for him. But he felt different about this one, like he could see himself striking up a real friendship with Itzal. Upon hearing the other males words about not staying in the caves during the storm, Kai nodded a little. Of course, he remembered something being mentioned about the risk of flooding or getting trapped within the confines of the cave system. Kai didn't mind where he was while this storm passed, as long as Axelle was there with him and she was safe.

Once more, Kai offered a slow nod to Itzal when he mentioned about perhaps one day swapping stories. "Yeah, it would be good to share experiences, what works best, which methods are easier or quicker or longer." Kai was always willing to learn about subjects that intrested him and pain always interested him. Looking over to the male, Kai offered a smile. "Maybe we could go hunting or something once the storm has passed." Something had definately been achieved here - Kai had made a friend, or at least a potential friend. "I'm gonna head inside. I hope you enjoy the rabbit, Brother. It was good to meet you, and I hope to meet up with you again soon." Bowing his head as he picked up the rabbit he was keeping for himself in his jaws, he tilted his head towards Itzal before he turned and began padding off towards the caverns, to deliver the rabbit to Axelle.

<style>
[/html]