I Should Have Been There For You
Shadow had wondered to the far north shores where he had been a lot except for when Thana was in heat, during that time he did not leave her side but now he had to take care of something important. He had told his son to listen for his howl so they could talk. Shadow had spent an hour just trying to go over what he would say what he might say and he growled at himself as he punched a tree hard leaving a mark on both it and himself. He should have been there for his boy, he should have raised him with Thana the love of his life and Shade should have been happy to see his dad, but no, Shadow had run and left Thana. Yes it was true Shadow didn't know but that didn't make it hurt any less. It took some time for Shadow to work up the nerve but then he raised his head to the sky and let out a howl for his son as he was far as far north as one could go. The smell of the ocean was nice say for the pain in his heart.

Shadow would now wait on bated breath for his son to come and he hoped, he preyed that his son would forgive him and even if he did, the bigger question was if Shadow would be able to forgive himself. They had talked while Thana and Shade and himself had the grace of Zalen to welcome his son top the pack but Shadow knew there were more things that his son needed to ask and he would do so and they needed to be alone. Another thought that was crossing the large black furred male was that if his son so choose to attack him, Shadow wished one thing...that he would strike true because in Shadows mind he had left a son.
Shade knew this was coming. His so called father was calling for him. He wasn't some ignorant pup, he knew the difference between being forced to leave and leaving to take care of something. Shadow's excuse was simply pathetic. He expected Shade to believe that he didn't want to leave in the first place and that he also wanted to come back? It was all pointless excuses. If Shadow loved his mother, he would have never left in the first place, or at least told her what he was doing. Because of his stupidity, Shade was raised by his mother and Aunt Isa. The only other male around was his mother's horse. There was no father figure around to help him.

He took his sweet time getting to where Shadow was, not really wanting to talk to him at the moment. Once there, Shade crossed his arms over his chest as he glared at his father. Alright, I'm here. What do you want? Yes he was being cold but in his mind this man left on purpose. Shade still hadn't heard the whole story either since he left shorty after the Alpha accepted him into the pack.
Shadow had waited and the moment he heard his boys words he started." I know that like me you want to get to business so here it is." Shadow turned around and looked to his son and spoke with a calm yet hurt face and he looked him right in the eyes and he spilled his guts." Shade.....son...I did mean to some back and what I am about to say...it must stay between us...I have told your mother why I left why i said nothing but there is a reason she only knew me as Shadowfang and not my true name of Shadow Sier. That reason was thanks to my father..." Shadow moved forward and stood on level ground with his son and not to far away so that it wouldn't take long for the son to reach his father if he indeed want to attack him. " Shade...I never knew your mother was pregnant with you...I never even knew he had mated....She got me drunk...Your mom was hard to keep up with when she wanted to have fun and let loose..." He chuckled a little and then went back to what he was saying" My father also Shadow Sier...Was far more evil a man than I could ever really know, he did more than kill people but he made examples of them and used there bodies as living or dying warnings to those would would come after him to back off. When I was born I had a sister...girls in my family are plenty and males are rare...any male born was not givin a choice, they would be trained by there father to be a evil, cold, hearless killer, a living breathing weapon....My father tried to do this to me luckly my mother, your grandma...she died after teaching me about love an honor...my loved nothing and had her around for only offspring, any girl was killed and the males trained, that apparantly is how it always was until I was born. My father died and left me alone with no mother or father but he had made many, many enemys...So many in fact that his training was useful. I was hunted since a pup until I became of age and even after I met Thana for the first time. Even then I was hunted by the worst of men and I never looked for love and avoided all females because they would not be safe with me....that of course changed when I met your mother. She was sio beautiful and stunning and skilled, you ask her today she would say i have never beat her but I have but more than that she beat me...and beat me good..she made me love. She opened my eyes and I forgot I was hunted until that night. I was left a black feather that was in my pack where I kept my knives and I didn't hear the man and neither did your mother or Isa. The night after that I knew i didn't have much time and the assassins that were after me had a code they followed. They would only go after me but if I didn't leave the company I kept within 24 hours of the time I was given the feather than they would die as well. So I ran...I knew your mother would follow me and try and help but it was my fathers curse...my curse to bare and I wanted her and her sister safe so that is why I left...Because I was hunted and then as I killed the last remaining assassins of that group which took lots of time...Your mother had already had you and I could not find her so I came to souls....I was so surprised when I found her that day in the mountains...I had always loved her but I thought I would never find her again so I had let myself fall for another....I thought I was in love but it was a lie....I only ever trully loved your mom and when your mom found I was pretty sure she was going to kill me and I would have excepted it, I deserved it....Shade...When I found out that I had a son I hated myself because I wanted to be there for you...I want to raise you and train you and teach you anything and everything, hunt with you...hold you...be your father...I know this is all a lot to take in and if you will still hate me or if you are angry then take it out on me....I will understand....my son..." Shadow was crying now and he wished with all his soul that he had been there for Shade and he hated that any of this had to happen, he could have had the perfect life with Thana and his son if only they had gotten together that day in the mountains or if he never had left....He was a fool and he was so sorry..." I'm so sorry.....