[p] grow till tall
[html]

8B Somewhere in the woods between ND and VN /vaaague And Lena is such a pre-teen.

As boring as things were, she supposed being bored outside of New Dawn was better than laying around the pack lands and doing even more of nothing. It seems the only excitement she would get was whenever she talked to Temeraire, or whenever she did something "wrong" and someone would make a big deal of it. When the latter thought came to mind, her face turned into a grimance and she huffed, sending a few strands of her bangs flying for a moment before settling back onto her face. She still didn't understand why people would fuss over her, even when she was now basically an adult--barely, if so, but she was one never the less. She continued to pout for a moment, but the steam cooled off, and she kept walking without a pause.

It was another slow day for Lena, and she decided to take to the free lands again, for a change of scenery, so to speak. But, even when she was poking around new land she didn't know much about, she still didn't feel too enthusiastic. It was as if this cloud of boredom hung over wherever she went today, and felt a bit annoyed that she couldn't find something interesting. Again she sent another puff of her hair into the air, and she crossed her arms over her chest. It took her a moment, but she found a nicely shaded tree, and sat leaning against its trunk. Maybe something of interest would come to her--a bear, maybe even a mountain cat, since she obviously attracted everything that is danger to her within a ten mile radius, but even they would be welcomed company--instead of her going out and trying to find it herself, whatever it was.

So, she stubbornly sat, and continued to blow her hair out of her face. At least that gave her something to do other than doing nothing.

<style type="text/css">
.shiningplant b {font-weight:bold; color:#77b03f; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.shiningplant .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.shiningplant p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shiningplant {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f9f5d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6604B.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #727061; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#727061; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Shiloh Dawnbringer

She spent a long time patrolling, staying out in the neutral territories for as long as she dared until the sun started to sink in the sky. She wanted to make sure that there wasn’t overtly dangerous out here, a threat beyond the Dawnrunners and Sangi’lak wolves looming in the distance. She at least knew of those threats, and would be prepared when they came, but Shiloh was yet new to this land and wanted to know the lay of it as well as learn about its inhabitants—friend or foe.

Her travels brought her to the woodlands of the isthmus, where she stopped for a moment to stick her walking staff up in a tree and shift shape. As a petty girl, Shiloh hadn’t liked her four-legged form, thinking that it made her seem like an uncultured dog rather than the graceful luperci she was. She had since wizened up thanks, in part, to the necessity of food when she and Ascher were stuck out in the blizzard. Her pale coat had worked wonders when it came to hiding amongst the snow and catching prey, but the winds would topple over an upright wolf, and it was easier to sleep curled up with her dark nose tucked under a plush white tail.

She got lucky today, managing to grab a rabbit with minimal bloodshed. She trotted back to her staff’s hiding place and shifted again, picking up her catch in a hand and grasping her ornately-crafted weapon as she started to head back in the direction of Vinátta. The rabbit was warm and limp in her grasp, and she thought about eating it raw since she was out in the woods anyway—but home wasn’t too far away, and a nicely cooked rabbit was always nice.

Shiloh made half of the journey without anything eventful occurring, but suddenly the scent of another wolf made her stop and sniff. She could smell several other wolves mingled into the individual’s odor, maybe a pack scent—something that both thrilled and worried her. Another pack so close to Vinátta might be an ally or might be an enemy; and the feral edge to the odor was not unlike Sangi’lak. She didn’t want to be caught between a hammer and an anvil if she could help it.

The young woman was a warrior, however, and she wasn’t going to miss an opportunity to at least gauge this other wolf’s attitude. Holding the rabbit tight, her fingers pressed into its short brown fur, Shiloh made her way toward the scent then stopped when she saw a dark shape leaning back against a tree: a luperci, small with age or just with a small stature. She thought about calling to them, but she was coming plain into sight anyway, stark white against the trees; the scent of the kill only helped.

Word Count → 473

Longer than I meant to write; everything but last paragraph is skippable. xD

<style>
.shilime {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qhEow.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; background-color:#f0f7f8; width:98%; max-width:600px; margin:0px auto; padding:325px 0px 5px 0px; color:#383a3a; text-align:justify; font-family:tahoma;font-size:13px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #383a3a;}
.shilime b {color:#477ab7;}
.shilime .name {font-family:'Dancing Script'; font-size:50px; color:#477ab7; text-align:right; margin:15px; text-shadow:#383a3a 1px 1px 4px;}
.shilime p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.shilime p.ooc {font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #477ab7; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.shilime .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

​Fate was on her side she supposed as she scented rabbit. She automatically jumped to the conclusion that prey was stumbling towards her, unaware of her prescene underneath the shade of the tree, but before she flinched or moved, other scents came to her. Death, some blood, and a wolf. All of which perked the curiosity of the girl. Pale eyes stared blankly into the woman's direction as she assessed the situation. She could make this interesting.

​The wolf was Vináttan--she smelled strongly of Temeraire, even beyond the simple bonds of packship. She was related to him in some way. And she had a spoil from hunting, a freshly killed rabbit, blood still warm within its veins. She felt her stomach's fingers curl in her, but not uncomfortably so; it was more of a desire to eat the fresh rabbit out of pure luxury. That, being added to how bored she was, summed up a decision in her mind. A smile played on her lips, but soon it feel limp on her face as she stood up from her seat.

​"Hello?" she called out, unsure, holding her arms against her chest. "Is anyone out there?" It was not hard for her to play the pitiful one--being treated like one, she knew how the stereotype that she fell under acted, and she nearly did it to the tee.

<style type="text/css">
.shiningplant {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f9f5d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6604B.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #727061; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#727061; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Shiloh Dawnbringer

The dark, willowy girl stood and adopted somewhat vulnerable posture, and Shiloh halted her steps to stick her staff into the ground and lean against it. She wasn’t sure what would have triggered fear or unease in the other wolf; Shiloh did not look very dangerous, and she relied on that fact when it came to getting information out of others or letting them underestimate her when it came to a fight. Her brow furrowed for a moment until the girl asked a rather curious question, at which point realization dawned on Shiloh—the stranger was blind.

“Yes,” the white she-wolf called, letting her voice remain soft but carry gently across to the other. She let her usually quiet steps grow a bit louder as she padded closer, still stopping a ways away, glad the other couldn’t see her frowning. What was a blind wolf doing this far from her territory?

“Straight ahead of you,” she said, as if her voice didn’t already make that obvious. “My name is Shiloh; I’m from Vinátta.” She finally let herself huff. “Where are you from?” she asked, her tone clearly stating the additional question: “And why aren’t you safely there?”

Word Count → 000

This'll be interesting later since they're pack-mates now. xD

<style>
.shilime {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qhEow.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; background-color:#f0f7f8; width:98%; max-width:600px; margin:0px auto; padding:325px 0px 5px 0px; color:#383a3a; text-align:justify; font-family:tahoma;font-size:13px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #383a3a;}
.shilime .name {font-family:'Dancing Script'; font-size:50px; color:#477ab7; text-align:right; margin:15px; text-shadow:#383a3a 1px 1px 4px;}
.shilime p.ooc {font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #477ab7; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.shilime .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

lol yep! xD God Lena you're terrible

It seemed that the truth dawned upon the woman, since her once muted steps were now noisy, and easily picked up by keen ears. Lena turned her whole body towards the voice and the steps, and allowed a wide look to come upon her, as if headlights were being shined upon her face. But, as the voice continued to speak, the girl became visibly calmer, and assumed a small but peaceful stature.

"H-hi, miss Shiloh," she murmured, loud enough to be heard from the distance the woman had put between them, but hushed. She took a pause, almost bashful in nature. "I don't know where I am from--it doesn't really have a name. I think it's a couple of hours away from here, but I'm not sure..." Her head then hung low, and she stated, "And I'm looking for something to hunt. I found a bird earlier, but I scared it off before I could catch it, though; I think it saw me, but I don't know. I was resting... I'm sorry if I am close to Vinátta. I won't be here long." After all, she had to get something to eat.

Another pause came to the girl, and she suddenly stammered, "I-I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you my name! I'm Lena... Sorry I forgot to tell you." Her head hung low and ears pressed against her head as she awaited for what the woman would have to say in response to her tardiness, thin but furry arms wrapping themselves around each other.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Shiloh Dawnbringer

The dark, blind girl seemed to relax slightly when it became evident where Shiloh was and that she wasn’t trying to be secretive about her whereabouts. She still sounded timid and shy, but the Vináttan could work with that; she couldn’t work with fear so much, especially not with a disabled wolf.

The stranger was evidently lost, and the woman’s forehead crinkled before she sighed. She had the urge to admonish her for leaving her home—for traveling a couple of hours in her state of being, even. She was sure that the fear was enough punishment, though, and that the girl would get plenty of scolding if she got back home. Shiloh almost wanted to offer, but she’d likely get lost even with her eyesight, and she didn’t have the time. Her charity only extended so far.

When the girl mentioned hunting (before launching into a plethora of apologies), Shiloh glanced at the rabbit still clutched in her hand. She shook her head and stepped a little bit closer. “My name is Shiloh,” she told Lena. “You aren’t that close to Vinátta, not in danger of trespassing, anyway—if your nose still works. That’s just where I live.” Her ears fell back into her blonde mane as she contemplated her next offers. “If you want, I can take you to my pack, and maybe from there we’ll figure out where your home is. And…” She glanced at the rabbit regretfully. “You can have my meal, dear one.” She didn’t know at this point whether to hand it to her or not; throwing it would be crude, but she was sure an abrupt approach and a bloody animal thrust at Lena would scare her, too.

Word Count → 000

I suck I suck I suck. :C

<style>

[/html]
[html]

nope you don't suck i love you /noms

She heard the nearly muted sigh from the woman, and her masked face warded off the smile that threatened to show, but she did allow the coy, small upturn of her mouth to appear. While part of her knew it was wrong to be tricking her, the risk and basically the point she was not supposed to do it attracted her to continue the front.

"Oh, that is good that I am not near your pack," she murmured, brushing her elbows with hands, "I really don't want to trouble your pack." At her offer, Lena nearly jumped on it, wanting to complete this trick to her fullest, but then she remembered: Temeraire. Oh, how it will be priceless to hear him in shock at her appearance within his home as a little girl looking for a meal, but she knew that he'd blow her cover. He was sharp, but she could not count on him to catch on fast, especially when he would verbally recognize her.

So, she shook her head quickly, and raising her hands slightly away from her body and waved them as if warding off something. "Oh, no, no! I c-couldn't possibly impose! I know where my home is, I just can't tell you how to get there, t-that's all..." Her stomach greedily growled at sound of food being offered, and took a tiny, petite step forward. "...W-would you? You'd give it to me." Another shuffle-step closer, her posture hunched as if she was prepared to take flight, yet she advanced carefully and slowly. "Are you sure? I-I'm told when it gets cold, animals sleep a lot... It is hard to find animals when they are quiet."

She was about two yards away when she and paused, and she faced the woman with rounded, pearly eyes. "The rabbit... it smells yummy, though."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]