warm fingertips
Set at the Shattered Coast.[html]

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CRACK IN THE SIDEWALK
BIGGER THAN THE SHADOW OF DEATH IN THIS TOWN

With low tide came previously submerged caves now empty. Ryan climbed down the sloping rock face and landed on the sandy shore below. The bag that she seemingly always carried was stashed further up on dry land – she didn’t want to get her fabrics damp. Though the sun was high, light only crept a few feet into the entrance of the cave. Anything beyond would only be discovered through listening and feeling.

The bright colors of her plaid dress faded away as shadow enveloped the girl. She stretched out both arms in front of her, resembling the living dead in an attack for human flesh. Her fingertips tingled as she awaited the moment when they would finally discover something. Though her blood red eyes were wide open, nothing but darkness lay in front of her.

[/html]
[html]
____
'Ello Anna luff. Thought I might join you. =3

Late nights walking through front doors at daybreak

____Sounds of nature was exactly what Trinity loved to hear. Whistling to a tune she had in her head, she followed along looking around. A backpack slung over her shoulders, wearing nothing but her usual attire cut off into a muscle shirt and baggy shorts that cut off just below her knees. The women being bigger then a regular female, she understood when Garnet had mistaken her for a man. Whistling as she climbed the rock, she stopped when she saw a figure go deeper into a cave, being swallowed by darkness. However, she didn't even know what it was because the time she got up, she only got a glimpse in her peripheral vision of something moving. Getting fully to the edge of the cave, she looked around but couldn't see inside.
____"Hello?" she whispered but the sound still echoed loudly, "Anyone in here?" she moved a little farther in and cut her breathing slowly and made it quiet so she could hear around her besides the blood pulsing in her ears. Slowly, she was being swallowed by the darkness, clutching onto the knife that was in her pocket.

[/html]
Thanks for joining![html]

Her hands fumbled in front of her, preparing themselves to brush against damp rock or the soft fur of someone unknown animal ahead of her. She tried to calm her breathing, but it didn’t help much. All she seemed to hear was the trickling of water combined with her own beating heart pulsing in her chest as she breathed slowly in and out. When another noise finally penetrated the air, Ryan jumped, sending both arms flying up over her head. Instead of coming from in front of her, someone had entered from behind.

She swiveled on her heels, blood red eyes searching for the imposter, but could see hardly anything. Light poured into the cave at the entrance, but Ryan had gone deep enough in so that only darkness trailed away from her on either side. "Hello?" She replied, holding her arms out in front of her again. She didn’t feel or see anyone just yet. "Who’s there?" She asked, knowing even if they provided a name, she probably wouldn’t know them.

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Realizing someone was in there because she heard the girl, her nervousness calmed as she heard the other girls voice, it was almost... scared, her rusty voice flowed out, hopefully enough out to the girl. By the look of the cave from the outside, there was enough on the inside, meaning that if the girl kept walking, she'd probably fall and end up killing herself one way or another, "You shouldn't be in there, it's dangerous..." she was hoping her warning would make the girl come out because in all reality Trinity of course would go in to save her, but she didn't know how much luck they'd have getting back out. However, the masculine looking female had more optimism about coming out then the few flawed doubts.
____ Quietly, Trinity awaited to hear the voice again. After a few moments though, she still didn't hear anything, "Are you alright? Can you see anything?" from what Trinity could see, she couldn't see a thing except for what was behind her.

[/html]
[html]

The voice came again, but they offered no name. She continued then, making her way back towards the entrance of the cave. Obviously, who ever it was wasn’t there to hurt her. In fact, they seemed a bit nervous for Ryan’s own safety. She walked slowly – hands held out in front of her while her feet felt the floor with each step she took. Her eyes were starting to adjust to the light, but it was still eerily shadowy in here.

"No, I can’t see anything," she offered, fingertips sweeping across one of the stone walls. Somehow she had turned her body and has walked straight towards the cave’s clammy sides. She turned to her right, hoping to be headed towards the right direction, when she finally saw some light pouring in from the entrance. Now she could make out the form of a stranger’s body. She kept her blood red eyes wide as she slowly made her way towards the entrance (or exit to her point of view) of the cave.

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Trinity waited and finally the other female offered some information. Although, she started to walk more into the cave, she saw a figure and realized the other female found her way out. Trinity realized that the other female could possibly find her intimidating and gave her some room by backing out of the cave and standing near the edge but leaning against the side of the cave. The creme and brown female didn't say anything, instead blue eyes searched waiting for the other female to come towards her out of the dark so she could actually see her. "My name is Trinity by the way. I never told you before because I'm new to the area so I knew you wouldn't have known me anyways." she nodded to the other female and was wondering if the other female was even going to come out. Hopefully she would, Trinity needed acquaintances around the area and she also needed some information about packs from around. Hopefully the other female had the information she was looking for.

[/html]
Weekends are for the warriorrrrrs! <33[html]

Ryan began making her way to the figure and the women spoke again. "It’s nice to meet you, Trinity," she offered, still teetering her way out into the light. When Ryan finally made it to the mouth of the cave, she smiled. Now she could actually see the stranger who had spoken to her. "My name is Ryan," she told her, "and I’m not really from around here either."

She made her way a little bit from the mouth of the cave, her feet leaving small indentions in the damp sand. When the tide came back in, this cave would be full of water once more, and no longer accessible. It was strange how nature worked sometimes. "It just caught my sight," she told Trinity. "The cave I mean – it looked like it could be interesting. But I think it would have been better if I had some matches."

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Trinity looked at the girl and nodded. Ryan was an unusual name for a girl but then again Trinity was an odd name for a name of someone at all. Quietly listening to the girl she chuckled, "Yes matches would work." pulling her bag from the shoulder she had repositioned it on, she dug in it with luck of finding her matches, "I don't have very many left, but I could make a torch for you so it would last longer." she looked around and noted that she could make it out of different items, she had birch bark in her bag along with spruce root that she used to tie it with. Looking at the other female with her bag still in hand, of course Ryan would probably let her go anyways, just so she could get her torch although Trinity was kind enough to make one for the girl even if she didn't let Trini go with her.

[/html]
[html]

"You have some matches with you?" Ryan asked, suddenly interested by the possibility of being able to explore the cave. She watched as Trinity dug through her bag, catching glimpses of the various possessions this warrior female has stashed away beneath the folds of fabric. "I’ve never seen anyone make a torch before," and to tell the truth, she wasn’t entirely sure what it was. But if this thing allowed her to be able to explore the cave, then Ryan was all for it. "Will it light the way?" She asked, feeling a bit of anticipation and adrenaline mix in her veins. She smiled towards Trinity, hoping the two of them would be able to find some adventure in the cave together.

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Trinity looked at the other female and nodded of the question of matches. Obviously Ryan was interested in what she had because she continued about never seeing anyone make a torch before asking the question of lighting the way. The creme female chuckled, clearly the other girl had no idea what a torch was. Nodding again, Trinity got down on her knees and grabbed the roll of spruce root and birch bark, laying it all out in front of her. First she grabbed a medium sized sheet of bark softly rolling it into a cone shape before she wrapped spruce root around it. Taking another sheet of birch bark, she repeated the same thing and then the extra items she had she gently put back in her bag, then taking a match and striking it against the box as it lit, the pretty flame she put against the top of one torch and it lit.
____Quickly putting the matches back in her bag with one hand, zipping it up and slinging it over two shoulders as she swapped hands that were holding the torch, she picked the other one up off the ground and put the top against the flame which both were lit. Handing out a torch to the other female, she smiled, "These will last us a few hours anyways. Once it starts getting near," she pointed to a spot near the bottom of the torch, "We'll have to start heading back and if I'm correct, we'll have to drop them by the time we'll reach the exit or we'll burn our hands." she simply looked at Ryan waiting for her to take the torch she was holding out to her.

[/html]
[html]

She watched interestedly as Trinity worked with such skill and knowledge. She was amazed at just how fast she had constructed these things, and eagerly grasped the torch that was held out in front of her. She held it up in front of her face, the light from the flames dancing over her bust, as she studied Trinity’s work. "Very nice," she commented, admiring it. She turned back to the mouth of the cave then, excitement flooding her veins. "Let’s go!"

She held the torch out in front of her, arm bent gently at the elbow so that she could see what lie ahead. It was interesting to see the walls – slimy and damp from the water that filled the cave during high tide. The floor was a mixture of damp sand and stones, and even a few odds and ends (such as shells) littered the ground. She held out her other hand, letting her fingers trail across the surface of the cave’s wall as she continued forwards. "This is so cool," she muttered, keeping her voice low as if this whole thing were supposed to be secretive. She paused when something caught her eye up ahead – two tunnels splitting away from this main cavern.

[/html]
[html]

Trinity walked in behind Ryan and looked around, it was really cool. She grinned at the excitement she had, she loved to explore especially. "This is awesome." she looked over at Ryan who looked more excited because Trinity at least used to constantly explore. Quietly, she looked around to the best of her ability before she noticed the two paths up ahead, "We are going to have to remember direction. I will if you're not very good with it, it's easy and I can make a mental note." quietly digging in her pocket of her long shorts, she pulled out a piece of chalk, "Which way? I'll mark it as well so we wont get lost for sure." she chuckled and waited for the word of Ryan. It had been a while since she actually explored a cave especially because she had been focusing more on her weaponry too.

[/html]
[html]

"Hmm," Ryan hummed, trying to decide which way they would head towards. She took a step towards the right cavern, holding the torch out in front of her body. With her arm stretched completely straight, she sent the light cascading down the hallway a bit further. She turned to the left tunnel, and did the same. "Hmm," she repeated, turning to face Trinity. "I’m not sure. They don’t look too much different." She turned back to the caves, looking from left to right. "Right," she finally decided, smiling as she took a step forwards.

"It’s my dominant hand," she explained to Trinity, "so I’ll have something to remember it by. You should mark it with your chalk though, just in case we happen to forget." She moved out of the way, holding the torch up to light the walls while she waited for Trinity to mark the cavern.

[/html]