Kings Pawn.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... mes_v2.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 335px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-bottom-right-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px;">

ooc: Form, Lupus, Date: 20th Sept

The foreboding clouds ahead would all too oft represent X’ies mood. And most would expect precisely this mood as he approached the borders of New Dawn. After all what self respecting wolf would approach the borders of the male who had taken his would be mate some time before with little else but violence on his mind? A nomad male of course! X’ies wasn’t angry, nor was he upset. Whilst he didn’t fully AGREE with the solidity of the bond, he wasn’t going to argue against it. Particularly not now that it was far too late to do anything about it, chastising her now whilst she was “unwell” would likely result in some kind of scathing task to do later. Speaking of her current sickness, with him having left pack grounds he had left it to a newer member of the pack to look after the female. Friendly instructions that contained all that needed to be known ( along with subtle , nicely worded death threats should he return to chaos).

But as for his reasons for visiting New Dawn, it had little to nothing to do with X’yrin or her agreement with Zalen. Rather he was searching for someone he had an agreement of his own with. Adonia, the scatterbrained, but friendly mechanic. The two had agreed to meet and work on that metal monstrosity together, and yet he had returned on the same day for the past couple of weeks only to find that the machine had not been touched since, and as a curious sort of wolf he began to wonder just what was going on. The girl had said that she often lost track of her own projects but somehow he doubted she would just up and leave one that she had agreed to partner up on. Just as he reached the borders he would plant himself on the ground and let out a call for the female to come to him. One had to respect pack borders after all, as a diplomat it was his job.

Word Count:341

[/html]
[html]

Out of character

Word Count → 000

Adonia had recently just saw Ookami again, but this time things didn't end well at all. He found out her and Zalen had mated with one another. It was just for the act of having puppies, except the last few times seemed to have just to sate the urges. Adonia tried to tell Ookami, Zalen and her weren't a couple, they had just wanted the same thing. Also Zalen wanted to be the only one...she couldn't deny her alpha and what he wanted. She couldn't blame Ookami, it was completely understandable. It hurt her more than her ending the relationship. Adonia and Ookami were now never going to be together again. Now knowing this it hit home more. She was mourning the loss of Ookami. Now he was for sure not going to even be her friend now. He had left in a huff and was more angry than she'd ever seen him. His eyes said it all.

The call of a male for her took her by surprise. It wasn't Ookami, and it wasn't Zalen. Though she almost wished it had been Ookami. She felt bad. The howl sounded like a familiar voice. One she'd only heard once, but not forgettable. It was X'ies. The woman began to run, her hands pushed off the terrain as her legs kicked out, the speed was surprising in Optime when she was used to running in her lupine form. Adonia had been finding her Optime form much more fun lately. She could watch her belly grow, and she had also been able to put her hand to her lower abdomen and try to feel the growing life within her. At first the thought of life growing in her weirded her out, but now it fascinated and excited her.

She rose onto her twos when she got to X'ies and she smiled softly, "Hello, X'ies. I'm sorry for my absence. I've been trying to stay near the pack to make Zalen feel comfortable...since..um..since I am carrying his offspring..." Her ears went back a little not sure about that news. She was still a little unsure of how others would feel about it, and then she thought about Sangi'lak, "..how...how is X'ryn? Did..did I say her name right?' She gave an unsure look to him.

<style>
.adonwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/oqJGL.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#7c93ba; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:400px 0px 5px 0px; color:#3a4557; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adonwolf b {color:#fff; text-shadow:#3a4557 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.adonwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adonwolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adonwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... mes_v2.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 335px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-bottom-right-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px;">

So she wasn't dead, that was something he supposed. The lack of another person that he could use for this kind of alliance would have been most unfortunate. By the speed of her arrival though he could tell she was somewhat excited, particularly when one placed into the mix her slightly swollen abdomen indicating pregnancy. At least this explained just why she hadn't been showing up as of late. " I see, Zalen?...the alpha male....interesting...you seem to be climbing the ranks of new dawn I commend your actions...". Of course X'ies would not be referring to anything that the girl would be able to understand. If he had been in her position mating with the male and carrying his offspring would be a perfect rouse in which to corner him into giving her power. Carrying his offspring well meant that they could be used as effective tools of control.

" X'yrin?....oh I see so you are aware of that situation...well...not completely...I doubt even your leader is completely aware...."

Once again the stirring mind of manipulation began to move. He thought of how best to play this young woman so that he could position himself to an advantage. She was carrying Zalen's children, and X'yrin could possibly be as well. From the way she spoke about Sangilak and X'yrin he could only guess that she wasn't happy about the situation. She was after all, different to him, perhaps a little emotional...something that would be all the worse now with her pregnancy. "...Still ! It is good to hear that you have a mate in him". Of course this was meant to both enquire and to strike a wound , though it seemed innocent of venom the words were designed in such a way to find out if of course A) She was his mate, and B) if she wasn't to drive home that fact allowing for further relationship development between the two in confidence. If she was his mate then the use of X'yrins possible pregnancy could be used in order to inspire jealousy, allowing X'ies to take up the role of an additional injured party gaining confidence with a prominent member of the pack. If not his mate, a similar tactic could be applied but it had far more branches of manipulation, more moves, more complexity...but of course...more reward. " I wasn't sure that Zalen would be fathering any children this season what with the leaving of his previous mate, her arrival into our pack was...unexpected...".

Word Count:418

[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 000

Adonia smiled softly and gave a light chuckle, "...no..I didn't do this to climb ranks. I genuinely like Zalen.." a lot...actually.. She looked away shyly then looked back up when he mentioned X'yrin, "..yes, I was made aware of the situation...it's suppose to bring the pack closer." Her ears flicked trying to read the unreadable. She was determined to try and figure this man out. "...what do you mean completely aware? Aware of what?" Her ears pressed forward and her head tilted a little as she stood a little taller, her arms folding a little above her stomach. The male had then went on with something else, congratulating her on being mates. Her ears folded back some and she looked down a little, "...no..no, Zalen and I are not mates. We have a mutual understanding. We both wanted offspring...and we both were..it..it just fell into place.." Her cheeks burned and she tucked her muzzle down, ears pasted back tightly.

She let out a sigh as the male carried on. Was he trying to get under her skin? No..probably not, he was just being curious...and outspoken...

Her arm lifted and she rubbed the back of her neck, then he spoke of Titiana in their back, "Wait! She is in your pack!? Does Zalen know this?" Her ears shot forward and she wished to tell Zalen right away if he didn't. It would hurt her if he tried to get back with Titiana, but it would be what was best. Hopefully, Titiana wouldn't hate her..

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to effika

<style>
.adoniaaly-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/V36Sy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ca61a3; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 375px 0px; color:#262a0b; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adoniaaly-2 b {color:#ceb5bc; }
.adoniaaly-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adoniaaly-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adoniaaly-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.adoniaaly-2 .wordcount {color:#262a0b; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #262a0b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Well it seemed that using his words was an effective method after all. She was giving him more information on what he wanted to know by baiting her into response. She had answered his question, she was not the mate of Zalen merely someone who he had mated with. This combined with her submissive/shamed body language indicated to him that she indeed had hopes of becoming his mate. Or at least had previously thought about this. Though her actual speech was...hesitant, not quite confident in her answer. Perhaps she herself wasn't so sure about what she wanted anymore. "...Ah...such a shame...in this case dear woman I pity you...a female without a mate would have a hard time taking care of the offspring..Worse, finding another mate after having those children may be a more difficult task...mating with a mother I hear is akin to salted meat over fresh...unless of course you already have someone in mind?... .". He would move around the female, like a vulture eyeing up its prey. "...As for awareness...well...lets just say Zalen has...two to one odds of being the father of X'yrin's children...As a nomad...shes not one to stick to the whole monogamy thing... Zalens former mate..I am sure he is aware, I doubt it is something X'yrin would hide..". This little jab was both to raise her hopes, and to dash them simultaneously, aimed at the idea she would be happier knowing her children were the only ones Zalen had an absolute guarantee over. Again, worming his way into the females emotions and mind.

"..Regardless!...You look wonderful!...Eyes are always as pretty as ever...have you been eating properly?

He was quickly changing the pace of the conversation, now instead of circling he would bee line directly towards her. Brushing by slightly before sitting directly in front. He tilted his head to the side, his demeanor going from enigmatic to energetic. "..With the new relationship between our packs, there is a good chance we will be seeing more of one another!...an exciting prospect don't you agree?".

Word Count:340

[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 000

X'ies was certainly an interesting male as ever, and she'd almost forgot about how information oriented he was. She frowned some, feeling hurt by his words on how she was now a sullied female, and no male would want her. She didn't like being pitied and she gave a soft whimpered growl at the words of being pitied. She may be submissive and soft spoken but she wasn't defenseless. Her soft voice spoke up some, "...no, Zalen is still going to be involved...they are his offspring after all, and I'm sure he wants them to thrive...and.." Her eyes watched as he encircled her like a shark. "..I have been interested in finding a relationship, but I'm still mourning over my ex-mate..." It had been nearly two maybe three months now. She'd lost track of when her and Ookami broke it off. A lot had happened with her since then. He really broke her heart the other day, which lead her to believe they wouldn't get back together, which meant she was now flying solo...Zalen as the co-pilot, but she was sure nothing but being parents together was all that would happen. Yes, they had their moments that made her think they might be falling for one another...but...

The male answered her questions on what was going on, and then about Titiana. So, X'yrin's puppies might not be Zalen's? Fully, at least. Then he knew of Titiana. Her ears perked curiously as she thought over this information. If she was for sure having his offspring, and they were not any other males, that would mean Zalen would be more involved with her litter than X'yrin's. That meant they would thrive more. The worry of Titiana coming back could be dashed. She wouldn't have to worry about their safety, but why hadn't Zalen mentioned Titiana's whereabouts? Had the entire pack known where she was? Adonia was just in lala land...as usual? Her gaze looked to the mysterious male.

His voice spoke out almost kindly as he commented on how she looked. Her ears went back some, "...how can I look wonderful if I'm a soiled female?" She giggled a little despite her somewhat serious tone. Ears folded back as her muzzle dipped down shyly, "..thank you, though. " Her tail gave a light wag as he then parked himself in front of her. Had their fur brushed one another when he came to her front? He was a tactful male, so if so, he had done it on purpose. For what reason? She wondered. "...yes, I have been eating. Properly, that could be a matter of opinion..really.." Her appetite had been increasing. Luckily the pups should be arriving before winter, which allowed her access to plenty of fish in the meantime. Adonia loved fish over most sources of food. From what she understood, fish was the best choice for an expecting mother. Rabbit and deer was not as common in her diet. Adonia then lowered herself into a sitting position feeling awkward for standing. Her hands folded and she put them in her lap as she had sat Indian style. "..exciting, huh? It will be nice to see you more often. We can work on our project more." She didn't realize he had thought of her that much. Obviously, he had since he came all this way, granted it wasn't too far. She thought he merely was interested in the project they started, but now he spoke of her looks and how excited he was at the prospects of seeing her more.

Adonia dismissed the thoughts, it was her imagination. Just as she thought Tharin liked her, but it was Kiara he really liked. It was best that way. X'ies probably had someone he admired in Sangi'lak. Her tail wagged lightly, "It actually is quite exciting that New Dawn is forming such a close bond with Sangi'lak. I'm sure it will prove to be a very good alliance for both packs.."

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to effika

<style>
.adoniaaly-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/V36Sy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ca61a3; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 375px 0px; color:#262a0b; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adoniaaly-2 b {color:#ceb5bc; }
.adoniaaly-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adoniaaly-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adoniaaly-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.adoniaaly-2 .wordcount {color:#262a0b; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #262a0b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

She seemed to be angered ere so slightly at the thought of being refered to as sullied. Or perhps it was one of his other words that seemed to bother her. Regardless her next sentence gave him the idea that she was trying to reassure herself as much as X'ies that Zalen was going to be involved in the lives of her children. Still he could not help but pity her. As wolves it was written within their blood that they would seek a mate, pair with them and have offspring. But in this situation things were going drastically different. For her there was no mate, no partner there was only the man who had bore her child. In time that would turn as Zalen found a mate of his own the children he had with them would no doubt take president.Still at the moment she found herself in an advantageous position. One X'ies could no doubt manipulate to his own advantage should the worst occur with the little alliance between Sangilak and New Dawn.

"...A grand tree in the forest is strong and beautiful, no matter the moss that grows upon its surface or at its base...Such a tree remains remarkable none the less would you not agree?".

Still, there as more information from her to get, she was mourning the loss of her ex mate. He doubted that this loss meant death, he doubted that the leader of New Dawn,nor this woman would be so callous as to-...well...perhaps Zalen would considering the loss of his mate. But unlikely the girl standing before him would, it probably meant that she had mated with Zalen despite the feelings of her other partner and it had caused them to splinter. But he would make no comment upon this, presuming the situation was all well and good. But without more information it was unwise to use it. Besides, for the moment he was perusing a different path with her. "...Well I suppose that is true, though I do not anticipate it being a completely serene alliance....our people...are...different...some dislike this difference...in fact despite coming with intentions of naught but peace..many packs have rejected us outright...it saddens me". At this point X'ies would shift his form into the optime form to match the female in front of him. In Optime, many of the Sangilak towered over those of other packs X'ies in this aspect was no different. His body was strong, not precisely what you would call trained though it was improving in his sessions with the Issum. His face however remained the same, enigmatic, thoughtful.

He would approach the female closing the distance in between them and would grant her a single gift plucked from his own mane. The feather of an owl, the Nomad sign of Wisdom, he would if she allowed place it to the side of her ear." May your children be born strong, may they know the wisdom and blessings of the ancestors, peace be upon you.Maiden and mother of New Dawn" .This token would if accepted become a piece in his chess board, or rather mark its bearer into her place. It was the token of a diplomat, though there were many meanings to be seen behind it...many strings that he could weave into motion.

Word Count:550

[/html]
[html]

Adonia wasn't sure what the man had going on in his mind, she could only take his actions and words as they came. Despite his original words, he then spoke in a riddle type manner. She understood what his point was. Still, how could he one moment say she was tainted then say something like one is strong and beautiful despite the moss--or whatever he was trying to say. Adonia did understand his point, though. Her ears went back and she looked down as if blushing to herself. "Yes, it is remarkable.." Her soft stare looked up meeting his dark, calculative look. This male definitely was very intelligent. His words were with purpose, but what it was, she would not speculate. She would look past his riddles and strategy, trying to see the person beneath it.

She listened to his words of how different they Sangi'lak were and she smiled warmly, "...a lot of times different is misunderstood. Obviously these other packs misunderstand yours. I don't think that still voids out the fact it is exciting to have an alliance. Others misunderstand New Dawn because of our differences. I think differences should be embraced and accepted. It is what makes us unique and who we are."

The male shifted to his Optime and she let her gaze fall to the ground in respect to not watch his shifting. She then glanced up to see that he was done and approaching her closing the distance between their forms. Her ears went back some as she became more shy and nervous. Her eyes looked up to his towering form. It wasn't uncommon for others to tower over her. There weren't many who didn't stand over her frame. He plucked a single feather from his mane and then began to place it. Her eyes tried to peer where he placed it, but realized it was right to the side of her ear. She would have to look in the reflection of the water to see it. Her eyes looked back up to him as he spoke. Her tail gave a light wag, it was very kind of X'ies and he made her feel special in a way she didn't quite know.

Her ears again fell back shyly after he spoke, "Thank you, X'ies...that is very kind of you."

<style>
.alleyadonia-sdb0109 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.alleyadonia-sdb0109 b {color:#171816;}
.alleyadonia-sdb0109-b {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.alleyadonia-sdb0109-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#997799; text-shadow:#ffffee 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.alleyadonia-sdb0109-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.alleyadonia-sdb0109 {background-color:#f7eee6; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ddddcc; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474844; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TZn20.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:430px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The game was amusing, X'ies could not say that it wasn't. Regardless he was helping to develop relationships between the two packs in a positive way. Even if there was another motive behind it, she spoke of their alliance just as he had. Though he felt that the collectives view on certain things may conflict with New Dawns. But from what he understood on the whole everything was more or less good. "...Well I suppose I have taken enough of your time". Again for a moment he would allow his eyes to move that they would settle upon hers, but it was a brief thing. Meant for the effect that it would display. The enigmatic grey wolf would grin on the inside and then turn his back to the female. There was not much left now to their conversation. He imagined that the next time they would cross paths they would not be alone. It would likely be after the births of her puppies, or during a visit to New Dawn with X'yrin in tow.

"...I had best return to our lands...there are many things that require attention...but it is good that I have gotten my answer, be well...and I hope to see you again soon"

[EXIT X'IES]

Word Count:

[/html]