Just two strangers
[html]
Out of Character

Sorry if my posts are too short. x.x

In Character

Carmel colored legs moved swiftly as alabaster toes thudded on the ground lacking in greenery. Burnt trees towered above the merle blue splotched head, white face turned upwards as the swiftly moving canine came to a stop, dark colored nose littered with speckles of dirty splotches of pink twitching at the odd scent of the area. It seemed as if Mayflower was running from something, but she was only running around as she wanted to see as much of this strange place as she could. Amber eyes surrounded by coffee colored fur widened as she sat back on her tail-less hindquarters, drinking in the oddness of the area with hidden amazement.

A sigh slipped past gray tinted lips, holding a main color of ivory as the bored dog looked around, ears perking up at the sound of a twig cracking as she moved one of her paws. Though Mayflower hadn't know she had crushed the twig until after she'd leapt to her paws and managed to cut one of them on another twig. "Drats!" she cursed under her breath, narrowing her amber eyes again and sitting down, lowereing her neck and looking at the light blot of blood dripping from her paw. "Great, just great," she muttered, lowering her paw again.

<style>
.mf-sdb0109 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.mf-sdb0109 b {color:#7f8a64;}

.mf-sdb0109-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#4f4f4e; text-shadow:#5f5447 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.mf-sdb0109-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.mf-sdb0109 {background-color:#fefefe; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f877a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DsT6k.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/GNZWJ.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

ooc: nooo your posts aren't too short! They're the same length as mine, actually!

Edgar wandered the woods, wondering if anyone else dared to enter them as he was right then. He sat down on a fallen log and took out his notepad and pencil to draw. The woods around him were dark and depressing, no green in sight. There was barely any wildlife; just termites and an occasional squirrel scurrying by. It made the dog very sad, being the sensitive guy that he was, thinking of all of the luperci and other wildlife being devoured by massive, hungry flames. The image that he was drawing was a vicious, bright flame licking away at a dense, green forest with thick smoke and yellow stars up ahead. Just as he began to apply color to the page, he felt the vibration of something nearby hitting the ground. Curious of what it was, Edgar wandered over toward it and then discovered what it was; a female luperci. She appeared to be examining her foot, a frustrated look on her face. The Brittany came closer to her and saw a dark crimson liquid trickling from her foot. The young male wrote; Are you alright? and then held it up in front of her, a concerned expression on his face. Just as he was looking at her, his pet slowly made her way toward the both of them.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

In Character

The female blinked as the other canine approached, seeming to have written something. Still being in her normal canine form, she decided that she might as well shift into the more humanoid form she had. Doing so, Mayflower continue to sit, legs crossed. The canine nodded her long-muzzled head, wondering if the other could speak, though she didn't ask if he could or not. Mayflower stood, examining her now humanoid hand, wiping off most of the blood that still trickled from the gash with the thumb of her other hand. Mayflower sighed, remaining silent with her head cocked as she examined the 'pet' curiously. "Ouch," she muttered, sniffing the gash with her darkly colored muzzle, wincing as more crimson blood slipped past the gash again. "That hurts," she muttered, blinking rather painfully, though she didn't let any salty tears slip out of her eyes, as the canine was determined not to seem like an over-shy wimp in front of someone else besides her brother Helios.

<style>

.mf-sdb0109-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#4f4f4e; text-shadow:#5f5447 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.mf-sdb0109-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.mf-sdb0109 {background-color:#fefefe; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f877a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DsT6k.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: c:

He patiently waited as she shifted into her optime form, now sitting down by her. Edgar wondered what someone like her would be doing out in barren forest; when he smelled the air around him, he found that he and her were the only two in the area. She appeared to be interested in Goose, who sat right in front of her. The fowl appeared to be fascinated with her as well, she was coming closer to her; tiny black eyes focused on the Australian Shepherd. The luperci then had just realized something; she looked a lot like the other canine he had met yesterday. In fact, she even had his scent on her, he knew those two were related. Edgar then wrote, I can't hear anything so this is my way of communicating with others, sorry if I scared you just coming out of the blue like that. Anyway, I believe I met someone you are related to yesterday, his name was Helios I think. If she had a brother, Edgar thought, then why wasn't she with him? Did they have some sort of argument? Whatever it was, the dog thought that she'd probably be better off with him, wherever he was, than out here in these empty woods. Edgar then removed his hat and placed it on her cut, looking up at her with a small smile.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

I'm so sorry ;n; my post was horrible anyways so I just re-did it x.x

In Character

Mayflower hunched over slightly, forming the words he'd written with her mouth since she wasn't a very good reader at all. Squinting, she turned her attention to the hat he'd placed on the cut on her palm, smiling gently. Mayflower, who didn't have very good penmenship at all, looked about, fetching a stick from the ground with her uninjured hand, scribbling down some words very sloppily in the dust that read, Yes, he is my brother, but I think he's avoiding me. With a sigh, she shook her head, injured palm layed out on one of her leg, hat still set upon it.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: alrighty

Edgar watched as she moved her lips, not able to understand her. There had been many times where canines tried to do this with Edgar; but it never usually worked. Luckily though, Edgar would always have an accurate guess of what they were trying to say based on what had gone on earlier and by their facial expressions. The female luperci then had a sweet smile perking up the corners of her lips; she seemed very friendly and naive. He looked down at her hand that had his striped hat on it, hoping it was enough to keep it the cut from getting infected for now. He had some experience healing, experimenting with certain herbs and such whenever he found an injured animal or luperci; it was hard for him to let somebody else suffer. The young lady had written rather sloppily in the dirt with a stick, not wanting to write on his own notepad that he had out. He nudged it toward her so that she could write on it when she wanted to write again. He wrote back on the notepad in reply, I thought so, you have his scent on you and you two look nearly the same. He was out by the shore, I'm not sure where he is now. He's probably out in the woods by now though. Why do you think he'd be avoiding you? I never got that well along with my siblings either. Now the notepad was between them both, allowing them both to comfortably write from where they were sitting.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

In Character

Mayflower turned her attention to the notepad, gingerly picking it up so that she might not clumsily rip any pages. Tounge sticking out with determination, she wrote, Sometimes people need time away from eachother, don't they? It was, of course, a simple statement, but it seemed pretty explanitory to herself so she left it at that. Sighing, Mayflower gazed around the area, blinking as a bird tutted near a lifeless tree then flew off towards another place with more life and greenery. She would do so too, but she couldn't fly. Of course, if Mayflower could fly she'd be out at the shore with Helios instead of sitting here and sloppily writing in a notepad with the other canine. But despite her longing to check up on her more out-going sibling, she quite enjoyed sitting in the peacefully area, so Mayflower was sure that she'd probably stay here a bit, even if the other decided to leave.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Smile

The boy saw her as she carefully handled the notebook, not wanting to rip the pages; she seemed very trustworthy to the dog too. The girl's blue eyes then focused attentively on the page which she was writing on; her tongue sliding out of her mouth just a bit. He had forgotten one major thing to tell her; his name! No wonder their conversation so far seemed to be a bit awkward, missing a proper greeting and all. The young luperci then set it back on the ground between them as gently as she had picked it up. Sometimes people need time away from each other don't they? Edgar smiled, nodding at her, and then wrote: Well the way you were describing it sounded like you two had some issues! I'm glad that's the case, like I said I'm not really accepted by my family. Out of all places you could be though, why are you here? He then realized that she was probably wondering the same about him, and he wasn't all that sure. Could she have other family out here? He'd have to find out, she had no other scents on her though. Edgar noticed how her bi-colored eyes followed his pet. My name is Edgar by the way. That over there is my pet, she's been following around for a real long time. The Brittany then wondered what her name was, it was probably a strange one like her brother's. The bird made her way toward them both and sat in between them, next to the notepad; she loved attention.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

In Character

A smile still tugged at the corners of her lips, and the merle blue Austrailian shepherd picked up the notebook with her humanoid hands, reading over his words carefully so she didn't miss any, since she really was a terrible reader. No no, we're like best friends. she wrote rather slowly, amber eyes squinted in determination. Pausing for a moment, she fiddled with the writing utensil before continuing on with. I like the name Edgar, mine's Mayflower. You're pet is cute. It was a simple statement, but she didn't think it had to be too complicated.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

While watching her read, he made an assumption that her and her brother both never read that much; both took a while to read. The spaniel noticed then that it was common for a lot of luperci to not know how to write or have a difficult time writing; he wondered why. No no, we're like best friends Edgar managed to read this from where he was sitting, then saw how she was about to add more. I like the name Edgar, mine's Mayflower. Your pet is cute. Both comments were enough to get him smiling again, he loved how there was no sense of hostility in her; it wasn't often when he could find someone like that to be around. Edgar scrawled down: You and your brother both have very interesting names, may I ask where you both come from? Is a Mayflower a type of flower? Thank you, I'm sure she appreciates that. She's not so cute when she digs through my bag and eats all my food. At the last part, he glanced over at Goose; still with a smile. It was meant to be playful teasing, although it was true. Edgar then took his hat off of her cut, seeing that the bleeding slowed and that it looked a little swollen. Reaching his hand into his satchel, he pulled out a cold bottle of lemonade and poured her a bit, handing it to her. He then pressed the cold bottle against her palm to reduce the pain and swelling. She was a good friend of his already, by her good attitude.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

In Character

The canine blinked as she was handed a bit of the lemonade. She quickly picked up and took a sip, using her other hand and not minding much when the bottle was placed on her cut in place of the hat. The coolnes of the drink was quite soothing, and hopefully would help it not to swell. Setting down the lemonaid she was drinking, Mayflower thought over what to write next. She hadn't very well known the name of the place she'd came from, she would ask Helios once again, even if she hardly wanted to remember the dreadful place where her parents had died, the only memory a simple cloak and dagger. A mayflower is a flower. And I always forget where I come from, but it was very far from here. It took Helios and I forever to find Nova Scotia. she wrote, glancing over at Goose and smiling gently. Mayflower glanced back at the notepad then scrawled down quickly, I'm sure your pet was only looking for a snack. before handing it over to Edgar to read and taking another sip of the bit of lemonade he'd handed to her, smiling greatfully as she did so.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

The dog appeared to be very pleased with himself as he saw her lap up some of the lemonade, then placing by her swollen hand; her appreciating his gratitude. Edgar thought what else he might do today, not having much on his mind at the moment. He then thought about Helios's accurate portrayal of him made out of wood, he wondered if Mayflower could also carve; carving seemed to be the type of thing that was passed down through luperci families. He would ask her about that, smiling at the chance of getting to make a new friend on such a nice day; the depressing scenery no longer had a negative impact on his mood. A mayflower is a flower. And I always forget where I come from, but it was very far from here. It took Helios and I forever to find Nova Scotia. He read the words slowly to himself, the sentence having a bit more information for him to save in his memory. It had taken him a very, very long time to reach Nova Scotia as well, could she have lived around what used to be known as the "United States of America"? Edgar of course didn't know of the name, but he knew the area well; having travelled through a lot of it in search of a new pack. It took me a very long time to reach this area as well, I never knew the name of it though. I came from a place called Illinois, it wasn't the most interesting place to be but the weather was a lot better than it is here. Do you happen to carve as well? Your brother carved a wooden statue of me, and I must say it was absolutely stunning. She then smiled over at the fowl, and added something else to the paper. I'm sure your pet was only looking for a snack. The dog grinned, then writing: At first she was, now she's just always looking for someone to annoy. The Canada bird stuck her head into Mayflower's drink and sucked up nearly half of it. Edgar grabbed her, taking her and putting her down next to him.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

In Character

Mayflower blinked, gingerly holding the notebook as she had before so as not to rip the delicate paper pages with her clumbsy fingers. For a moment, the canine pondered what she would put down in response to his statement and question, though it wasn't before long that the short individual began to write, I'm afraid that I don't share the same artistic abilities with my brother. Mayflower paused for a moment, fiddling with the writing utensil for a few seconds before continuing on, I don't believe I have that many art skills at the moment, haven't took the time to figure out what I'm good at. Mayflower sighed, handing the notepad back to Edgar before downing the rest of the lemonade he'd given her, awfully thirsty at the time since she'd been traveling for forever, as it seemed.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: You can make the last post

Edgar saw her handle the notepad very gently, her pale eyes focusing on the page full of the words from their conversation. She seemed to be thinking of her reply for quite some time, her eyes zoning out a bit. I'm afraid that I don't share the same artistic abilities with my brother. The male read the question, nodding gently after doing so. Mayflower then added something else to what she had written. I don't believe I have that many art skills at the moment, haven't took the time to figure out what I'm good at. An idea then came to his mind; he could teach her to cook or draw and paint like he did, that way she would have something that she could be proud of. An eager grin came to his soft face as he wrote on the page of the notepad: I live in a pack in the southern part of Nova Scotia called Cercatori D'Arte, you and your brother can both find me there if you'd like to meet me again. I'd be happy to teach you to paint or cook, but it's just that I'd need to do that back over there since most of my paints and cooking supplies are over there right now. I have to go now, but please go there and I will welcome you and your brother into my home. The male stood up, grabbing his satchel and waved to her as he started to walk off.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

alrighty c:

In Character

A smile bridged across the canine's narrow muzzle as she silently picked up the notepad. I'll be sure to do that sometime! she wrote quickly in her untidy scrawl. Mayflower set aside the notebook and stood up, shifting into her more dog-like form, injured paw held off the ground. With a nod towards Edgar, the female limped off, gingerly putting her paw down on the ground after a few steps. Finding that she could easily walk on, Mayflower headed off at a quick pace, eager to find Edgar again in Cercatori D'Arte.

<style>

</style>
[/html]