in slow motion, the blast is beautiful.
[html]

ooc.

For Hotaru, backdated to September 10th.

ic.

Sherlock had had every plan on listening to Dahmer after their first initial meeting, when he had so angrily told her to go home. She remembered watching his retreating back with a strange feeling in her chest, unsure for one of the first times on what to say. He had come so close to forgiving her (or as much as he was willing to at that point, even though Sherlock still didn’t fully comprehend why he was so god damn angry with her for showing up in the first place) until he had seen something in her face. She suspected it was right at the end, right after she had finished voicing her apology- she remembered thinking how tedious the entire process of an apology was. The thing of it was though, Sherlock mused, was that she had meant every word that she had spoken; or once, it wasn’t just her saying what she thought someone would like to hear.

The small black female had left the forest where she had found Dahmer, originally planning on heading back to Jasper Valley, but the strange feeling in her chest had continued to get worse with every step she had taken. Instead, she had decided to give him his space, to give him time to allow his anger to evaporate. Naturally that meant finding something to occupy her mind with while she waited. She found herself at an overgrown cemetery, worn down gravestones covering a large portion of the land. Thinking that this would be a good place to start exploring, Sherlock spent five minutes stalking back and forth between the graves, trying to make out the faded letterings, before she found a spot under a tree and threw herself down on the ground unceremoniously. With a frustrated huff, Sherlock knew that it was no good; instead, she spent the next several days under the tree, not moving except to drink and eat at the bare minimum.

As she laid on the ground, the sun high up in the sky, Sherlock wondered what was so special about Dahmer that made her so willing to stick around for a week. Had she had that fight with anyone else, she would have let it roll off her back and be on her merry way- she didn’t care what others thought of her, so why did it matter to her that Dahmer was furious with her behaviour? Then again, Dahmer wasn’t just anyone. He was her partner back in Jasper Valley, and even more surprisingly, he was her one true friend. Was this what everyone felt like with their friends? Was she starting to begin to act... normal and dull? With a frustrated huff, she rolled to her other side, flattening the grass even further. She was bored and couldn’t even find the energy to really care.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: so sorry for making you wait. Kelia is in the tree.

The blind female moved through the rows of stones, tapping her walking staff against one or another. It was an odd place that she found herself in. Fawkes was stalking Dalgina as usual, so only Kelia accompanied Hotaru during her brief visit outside the pack lands. The gyrfalcon swooped from rock to rock, commenting occasionally in low speech. Although Kelia knew high speech, she rarely used it. As they traveled, the juvenile bird hunted and questioned the purpose of their trip a number of times. Hotaru wanted to replace her carving knife, it was begining to show its age and she found herself sharpening the knife more often. The large leather satchel was the only thing that Hotaru wore, and inside were only a few scraps of dried meat.

Pausing at one particularly unusual sounding stone, Hotaru bent down for further inspection. The rock was smooth, as if it was made out of glass and clearly something the humans had left behind. As she ran her fingers down the stones face, Hotaru could feel the indents of carvings, and some even seemed to be letters. Before the loss of her vision, Hotaru had learned how to read. But without working eyes, she had let the ability slip. The only letter that the wolf could make out was the letter: H.

Kelia, who had most likely grown bored, flew off with a flutter of wings. She didn't fly far or high, as Hotau could still hear the distinctive pounding that her giant wings made when they beat the air. Hotaru ignored her bird and continued to inspect the rock, running her hands across the smooth face as she pushed aside some dying vines. Despite the fact that she knew it was manmade and that the rocks littered the field, Hotaru could not figure out what the object was. Frowning, Hotaru continued to search, trying to find some clue as to what the rock's purpose was.

The white falcon's excited chirps caught Hotaru's attention. She hadn't realized that Kelia had stopped flying, although it was clear that she had landed somewhere up high. Turning her head curiously, she listened as Kelia spoke of a dead wolf in low speech. What dead wolf? Hotaru rose up, lifting her muzzle into the air as she sampled the air.

Table by Skye

<style>
.hotarugift1 b {color:#7C8082;}
.hotarugift1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.hotarugift1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:10px 0px 170px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QCeyc.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#E6ECF3; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc.

So sorry for the wait on this, life has been hectic. I also took liberties of where her walking staff was, hope that’s okay!

ic.

There were quite a few things that the lithe female could do to try to relieve her mind of this utter boredom that had settled upon her – she could play her violin, compose a piece, work on one of the many unfinished pieces that were already started in her head, she could explore this gigantic land that she had found herself in... really, the options were endless, but Sherlock knew without even trying that it would be no good. She was in one of her moods, and it was always so pointless to try to get out of it by herself. Dahmer generally helped a bit, always trying to be helpful and tried to give her mind something to focus on; however, he wasn’t here and she doubted he’d appreciate her coming back to him, complaining to him that she was bored. The whole point of being out here, in this forgotten cemetery, was to give him space.

Time passed slowly as her head roared with boredom but the sound of shuffling feet and a sudden flap of wings found its way into Sherlock’s attention. She didn’t move, just remained where she was and listened. A faint tapping noise reached her ears, the sound of wood on stone, but not a series of tapping that carried a beat, a tap that would hit the same stone once or twice and then move on. The sound eventually stopped and Sherlock contemplated pushing herself up to take a look to see what the source of the sound was when a flapping of wings caught her attention, and she threw her glance upwards into the tree she was currently under. A small falcon was perched just above her, looking down at her while she looked up, and it suddenly began to chirp excitedly.

Figuring that the falcon was the companion of the owner of the mysterious tapping noise, Sherlock finally moved in what seemed like ages and pushed herself up. A tall grey female stood by one of the many tombstones, her body facing Sherlock’s general direction. Sherlock took in the way that the female wasn’t looking directly at her, with her head slightly angled as she tested the air, and saw the wooden staff laying safely on the ground within easy grabbing distance. Ah. Now everything made sense. You’re blind, but not from birth... something happened to cause it. Interesting.

If Dahmer were here, a little voice inside Sherlock’s head said, he would have been appalled and informed her that she was being rude and then apologize afterwards for his friends behaviour.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: so sorry for making you wait. Kelia is in the tree.

Reddish ears swiveled as Hotaru's black nose took in all the information that the area could offer. There was a scent of wolf, but it seemed stale. Hotaru thought this meant that whoever had come to the field had also left. Apparently not. Yet the scent of death was also absent. What that could mean was a mystery to the blind wolf. After a moment, she lowered her muzzle again. Both ears continued to search though, looking for whoever Kelia spoke of.

A female's voice broke the silence, and her words were so jarring that Hotaru felt as if someone had just pushed her. Amber eyes widened as both ears were suddenly intensely trained on the source of the voice. Hotaru's tail rose in dominance and held every bit of assertion that her rank gave her. "What I find interesting is who you have been talking to in order to make such a statement." Who was the stranger and how did they know about her? Were they perhaps an enemy of her father's or had Adrian been talking about such a sore subject? If he had, it was only one more reason for Hotaru to hate the male.

Leaning down, Hotaru quickly scooped up her walking staff. She held it slightly out in front of her, ready to either act as a seeing staff or as a defensive weapon in case of attack. "Who are you stranger?"

Table by Skye

<style>
.hotarugift1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.hotarugift1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:10px 0px 170px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QCeyc.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#E6ECF3; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc.

I’m so sorry, I thought I had replied to this earlier!

ic.

Sherlock watched as her words startled the strange wolf, first watching her ears dart forward in order to catch every sound that Sherlock made, now that the female knew where she was. Her body took on a defensive posture immediately afterwards, her tail rising to a dominant height that didn’t worry the lone wolf – if Sherlock had any urge to attack the female, she would have done it with the element of surprise on her hand, not after drawing attention to herself; her training as an assassin back in Jasper Valley would have come in quite handily, and the wolf’s disability would have been an advantage for the lithe female.

It did, however, always amaze the ebony female the way everyone got so defensive and touchy when she pointed out the blatantly obvious; they saw but they didn’t observe. They always saw what was in front of them but they refused to fully comprehend it. It drove Sherlock insane and was one of the reasons why she couldn’t stand being around most wolves- most were absolutely dull. Sherlock knew that it was possible this encounter could result to be irritatingly dull and that she should just collet her belongs and leave the area; however, she found herself slightly intrigued by this blind wolf.

So instead, Sherlock sat down on her haunches, making as much noise as possible to signal to the blind wolf that she wasn’t moving anywhere before answering her questions. I’ve not been talking to anyone, I merely observed. I heard you tapping the tombstones with your staff earlier and when I rose, you showed no sign of even knowing I was there until I spoke. So you’re clearly blind, but since you don’t have the normal film over your eyes it leads me to believe that you weren’t born blind. She paused a moment to let the wolf absorb her words before introducing herself. The name’s Sherlock Holmes.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: sorry for the wait

With the death of her puppies still stinging and the recent reappearance of her brother, Hotaru was understandably tense around the stranger. Adding the fact that the stranger knew about her only made the blind female nervous. Questions and suspicion arose in Hotaru's mind as she prepared herself for the worst. Her defensive skills were less than desirable, as she hadn't really practiced since her eyesight had been taken. At most, she could get one good swing in before becoming completely crippled. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

The strange wolf made a lot of noise as she moved, adjusting her position without going anywhere. Hotaru's ears remained trained on the female, listening to even the slightest of sounds. Sitting or crouching, either way, not coming closer. Once the other offered and explanation, Hotaru allowed herself to relax. Using her staff, the blind wolf found the nearest stone and used it as a bench of sorts, allowing herself a chance to rest while the other introduced herself. "My apologies then. I'm Hotaru. You have some impressive observational skills. Most don't pick out my disability, much less guess that I was not blind at birth. I'm afraid you caught me off guard."

Kelia's wingbeats sounded as she flew from her perch and landed heavily on Hotaru's shoulder. The juvenile tugged on her master's ear, demanding to be included in the conversation. "Hush, your not good with high speech. Go find a rat for yourself." It took a repeat of the command before Kelia grew excited and flew off in haste, clipping Hotaru with her large wings as she leapt happily to the air.

Table by Skye

<style>
</style>[/html]