A Timeless Landscape
Einarr stood unmoving, watching the glittering, crystal expanse of the ocean as the sun reflected off of it. He listened, and felt, the pounding of the surf against the rocks in the distance. The tang of sea salt hung heavy in the air and spray clung to his pelt as the strengthening winds blew the sea into a turmoil. Summer was ending and there was already a bite in the air, promising a short autumn followed by a long winter. He knew that a land had to be cold when even the sea froze, and the grizzled male wondered if something like that would happen here.

A new member of Anathema, Einarr felt he had to discover more of the lands he had decided to call home, so he had wandered beyond the borders and allowed his paws to take him where they would, and now they had stopped here. It almost felt like his birth place, if he closed his eyes he might be able to hear the voices of those he would never see again. He lowered himself to his haunches, the Secui scratching an itch below his jaw with a powerful back paw. His itch indulged, he turned to one side and lowered his head, retrieving the hare he had caught. Einarr had not caught it long ago, but already the warm blood was cooling and the flesh was clammy, but the creature was still tasty, and satisfyingly succulent.

It was an odd feeling, but the land surrounding him seemed like one with no memory. Despite the history that it must have absorbed it seemed timeless, it was soothing, like a balm upon him, even with the violence of the roiling ocean, it all symbolised the personality of so many he had met, calm and collected, in control of a passionate and turbulent personality. So for now, he sat, enjoying his meal, and watching the spectacle before him.
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/9GW5S.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

OOC-Hi, here comes Tali to enjoy the ocean too!

The tree rustled above her head, conversing as if in their own language. Winds were coming soon, everyone in New Dawn could feel it, and the trees practically yelled it to them. Tali took this opportunity to search for food, and possible wild herbs that might get destroyed in the closing storm. But for now, she was resting from a failed hunt. And injured deer was left alone on the outskirts of a herd, and if it wasn't for the threatening size of the herd leaders, she would have taken to opportunity. But she'd rather return home empty handed than injured or worse. The rush of water drove her towards a water front. The sea was vast in front of her, and the waves were high and curved, as if they were engulfing the smaller waves in front of them.

Tali sighed, New Dawn was full of natural wonders, but it was amazing to think that her pack was just a speck compared to the nature that the world had to offer. Despite its beauty, sea water wasn't the most appealing drink. Soon Tali would search for other, fresher means of water. But for now she watched the crumpled water wash over the shore.

Upon turning her head, Tali spotted another wolf watching the ocean waves. Squinting her eyes, Tali could see that the wolf had dark grey fur, and was near if not above her age. She trotted closer, but kept herself at a curious distance, "Hello," She said, "Beautiful isn't it?"

[/html]
The hulking Secui’s head turned to look at the newcomer, her scent had been hidden by the spray and wind, but he did not jump or show any sign of alarm. His gaze was intense and unwavering, drinking her in. The lupus female had a warm coloured pelt, a seeming mixture of rusts, terracotta, browns and reds. She was small but her frame appeared lithe, and her golden coloured eyes were striking mixed in as they were with the swirls of hazel and rust. The grizzled grey wolf nodded in greeting, there was no need for submission here, but the male in him clamoured for politeness, the tactician didn’t quite withdraw his hold though, making sure he never lost sight of her.

”A turbulent place, I suspect it would be easily defended were it claimed by a pack.”

The cadence of his voice held a distant hint of a storyteller, but it was mashed beneath practical observations, his tone was level and held no hint of a clue as to how he felt.

”I am Einnar, a member of the Anathema pack and new to these lands. What is your name?”

How long had it been since he’d made himself make small talk? When was the last time he’d had a conversation with a stranger instead of assessing them, the feeling was novel, slightly unnerving, but not entirely unpleasant.
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/9GW5S.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

OOC- Sorry if this took a while, and as an answer to your PM, yes I do Smile

The wolf nodded, and spoke with detailed words Tali had never heard before. But she still listened intently as he spoke, her gaze drifting back to the ocean. Her tongue begged for fresh water, but she would resist the urge to drink from the waves. Off in the distance, sea birds floated in the calmer waters and some even dived into the blue liquid to catch fish. She licked her lips, if only prey was as easy to hunt as the sea birds made it look. She turned back to the grey wolf as he introduced himself.

"Pleasure to meet you Einarr," She said, nodding her head, "I'm Tali, from New Dawn, these lands are quite like the nature of New Dawn, but it has its own unique touch." Anathema wasn't a pack Tali had heard of, she knew for certain that Souls held many packs in its lands, but didn't know what they were called, or where they actually were. She thought that it would be best for her to learn the different packs, and then thought that it could be a good idea to start now.

"You said about your pack, Anathema, what's it like there?" She asked, her golden eyes buried into his with curiosity.

[/html]
OOC: Cool Smile

IC:

The breeze gusted then, bringing with it the smell of fish, birds and salt. A glimmer of a memory popped in Einarr’s mind, the story of a wolf who had not listened when warned not to drink from the sea. The wolf had ignored the warnings and had begun to drink, he had stood there drinking for three days….The rest of the story though was a blank to him. The grizzled grey male had no idea how many packs there were in this land, but Tali was from one called New Dawn, perhaps its borders were nearby. He did not become defensive, but the female was from another pack, so he was mindful of his words. He didn’t know what the relationship was between the various packs in the region, but he did his best to answer her question.

”I have not long been a member there, but its members that I have met are kind and helpful, and the lands are good for hunting. What of your pack? New Dawn? Are your borders far from here? What are your pack mates like?”

As he spoke, the training of a tactician threatened to overwhelm the conversation. It demanded to know of numbers, the leader’s name, the relationship with Anathema and many other things that Einarr shoved away, determined not to allow himself to fall back into that mind-set.