After The Storm
Can any creature stand against the wrath of the elements, if so then they must be stronger than any canine. The sounds had been deafening and the blackness at night complete. Trees had screamed, boulders had fled in fear and the land that was left behind smelt of a thousand deaths, birds, critters and doubtless some canines. Winds still buffeted the grizzled grey wolf’s coat, but the worst had passed, and he had finally emerged after what had seemed like an age to survey the damage to his new home. His secui form was enormous, the only moving thing in a an apparently empty landscape. He moved with the grace of a shadow despite the agonising pain that had swept through his shoulder, the old war wound occasionally flared up when pressure dropped, it was ridiculous, he was three years old and had enough injuries for a grandfather, he refused to give into his body.

His new home appeared totally different, debris was strewn about the place, massive impediments tossed around by some giant hand. Einarr stopped by a jagged stump that had once been one of the large trees in the forest, it had fallen, and was several metres away, having also crashed through a number of trunks. Buried beneath the debris was a giant elk and beneath it, a smaller version of itself. The three year old huffed, a mother doing her best to protect her child. He continued his wander through the carnage, checking, making sure that no pack mates had been injured or even killed. His feet drew him towards the mountainside and the entrance to the lower caverns. Einarr had not had the opportunity to explore the extensive warrens and he paused for a moment, just listening, seeing if he could hear the sound of anyone in distress.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.mamaOutline {background: url('http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/bane_22/Sets/mamatable.png'); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top right; background-color:#7f7f7f; width:470px; height:490px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 0px 10px; color:#000000; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border: 4px double #000;}
.mamaTitle {text-align:left; font-size:32px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #999; color:#c40602;}
.mamaSubTitle {text-align:left;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; color:#c40602; margin:3px 100px 5px 20px; line-height:100%;}
.mamaSubTitle p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px; }
.mamaInfo {text-align:left; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #999; color:#c40602; font-weight:bolder;}
.mamaInput {height:370px; width:300px; overflow:auto; border: 4px double #000; background-color:#ffffff; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 50); line-height:120%;}
.mamaInput b {color:#C40602; }
.mamaInput b:before { content:open-quote;}
.mamaInput b:after { content: close-quote;}
.mamaInput p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px; }
.mamaSubtitle2 {text-align:left;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:3px 220px 5px 5px; line-height:100%; color:#c40602;}
.mamaSubtitle2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px; }
p.mama-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

Aeron
"Heaven has no rage like love

to hatred turned.......

WC :: +000 OOC :: sorry I'm here XD

Aeron could not believe what the hurricane had done. Trees down and buildings that were weak had fallen and now littered the ground. She sighed now she'd have to get members together to work to rebuild the pack. They would need to do something with all the wood but she wasn't sure what.

Slowly she moved to where the howling caverns. She knew that there was not much that could be done. She had gone a bit in to find water it would be days till they drained out. She noticed the new member as she looked at him. I would not go down there She spoke as she looked towards the caves. They flooded it will be days before we can get in there. She spoke as she looked to him. What was your name again? She asked feeling sort of bad but she had only met the zepar once.

Nor hell a fury like a woman

scorned......."

Template by Revo Modifications by Nat and Marie <3

[/html]
His ears swivelled to the voice and he turned. The grizzled male was greeted by the sight of his new Alpha walking towards him. He bowed low in deference to her station, her copper and silver fur was just as striking seen for the second time, as it was during the first.

”My name is Einarr Alpha, I have been looking through the pack lands, surveying the damage, but I’m afraid that I’m too new to be familiar with all parts of it. I do know that there were food stores in the lower caverns, and if they are flooded then that food has been lost, I’m not certain but I believe some entrances into the mountain have collapsed, many trees have fallen and I have seen no game today, so it has either fled or still in hiding. I was going to start clearing some of the debris, but I do not know which are the more important parts to clear first. Perhaps you could tell me?”

His speech, as before, was eloquent, but his tone was flat, level and held no inflection or accent. He was conveying information, what he thought of the devastation was kept to himself.
Aeron smiled at him, Einarr now that was a name she would have to memorize. It wasn’t a normal name like one you’d come across everyday. The Ganesa nodded looking at him. “In time you will learn the pack lands don’t get too discouraged.” She spoke her voice calm. She looked at the caves and gave a sigh.
“losing all the food we have is not a good thing. I’m starting to think I’ll need to put together the hunting party.” She spoke looking out to the land. “most things are not important, the caves will deflood in a few days and members will be able to get back in. Until then we’ll have to work on cleaning up trees and hunting down food.” She spoke.

Turning slightly the golden Angela looked to the trees. She gave a slight whistle and heard the rustling of wings. She smiled seeing her wonderful crow come to join her. “I think it's best, To work on cleaning up trees that block the paths of rivers, or entrances to the caverns.” She spoke petting the crow. “I’m hoping you didn’t have much in the caves if that was where you were planning to live. There are homes in the village and rooms in my villa that you could stay in.” She spoke looking at him.
The appearance of the crow at the whistle surprised the grizzled grey male, he had only known one other to have such a touch with animals…Einarr had never been in a pack led by a coyote before, but his alpha seemed kind without being soft. The black bird emphasised the colour of his Alpha’s copper pelt, and the tactician was unable to stop himself from thinking how beautifully striking she was. Giving himself a mental shake, he bowed at the offer of hospitality.

”I am grateful my Alpha, but I have not slept in a den for two years, I often sleep only a few hours a night, so my presence would only serve to disturb others, and I have no possessions, my weapons were lost and I carried nothing else.”

He thought for a moment, his tactician’s mind working on the problem of the devastation.

”I have a number of kills scattered around, I can place them into a storage cavern should you wish it? And perhaps, with some help, we could devise a drainage system for the caverns, it might ease the danger of flooding or drain faster after such a storm? I am more than willing to lend my aid where it is needed. I am a capable hunter, and I could certainly put those skills to use.”

He stopped, and then almost to himself he spoke again.

”This is my familynow after all.”