[J] - Just Another Day In The Life of Leviothan
[html] OOC: Set to just before the big hurricane, probably on 9/19/2012.

Preferred Rank Novice Produttore

Initial Post:
Word Count? 561[/html]

The day started off somewhat slow for him. He'd over slept which he rarely did on such occasions and quickly made his way to the brook near by. After a quick drink of water, Leviothan quickly looked around himself, orange, fiery eyes scaping the land without a sound. He shifted in place for a moment before closing his eyes. With a moment of hesitance, as always with him, he began shifting from lupus to optime. At first there was only a slight change in the way he did, the coarse fur at his neck and colar slowly lengthening, growing long and silken, followed by an audible, painful snap as the bones within his front legs jutted toward the ground, as if bending at an elbow. All this while, his lower half had done the same, only with a slight difference as his legs lengthened and slowly became thighs. From lupus to optime, his form began shifting faster, building tempo without further need of complications, new joints. He doubled in size quickly, his eyes still closed and fairly soon, the sight of a straight up wolf could be seen stepping toward the water. He quickly shook his head, large, copper toned mane bouncing within the wind from his neckline, all the way down past his shoulder blades. Leviothan never really did like shifting. Rather, he enjoyed being able to maintain one form for as long as he could before growing bored.

He'd turned in place almost immediately, pulling with him the bag that had been placed right near the brook only after pulling over the shirt that he'd always worn with this form and the black jeans as well. Both seemed extremely torn. The shirt had a hole the size of a pack of index cards right below the collar, the cloth hanging slightly down over his chest while the other tears were insignificant in stature. He moved out, stepping past the boundaries of trees and water, grabbing for the necklace of teeth he'd forgotten to put on. Carefully it was slid over his neck and with a brief grin, Leviothan silently approached the large tree that marked the border of the Cercatori d'Arte. For a few days, he'd been sleeping somewhere in the distance, trying to keep watch of how others had joined, if they joined at all. He hadn't learned much at all, but he was sure that he'd know what to do the moment someone came to look for him. Instead of howling his approach, Leviothan lowered to the ground, quickly bringing up a fallen branch so that he could shred its bark free with a knife that had been hidden in his bag. After a long moment, he'd managed to thin out what could only be a hilt of a wooden sword, using his claws and his blade to intricately attempt a carving of a lupus wolf howling at a moon.

His eyes only parted from the hilt momentarily when he heard things in the distance, though unsure of if someone was coming, he went back to his word, an attempt made to create the perfect flat bladed dagger made of wood. He didn't mind waiting. He was patient in that manner. Even while he sat, his tail curled slightly at his leg, long and bushy. I wonder how long I'll have to wait, he muttered to himself.
[html]
Big Grin

Her pups were absent from her presence once more, as was becoming more and more usual as they grew older. It seemed like no time at all that they had grown so quickly, from just newborns who could not even see to boisterous young pups who, although they could not speak yet, showed more energy and enthusiasm for the world than Skye thought she ever would again.

Strolling along the borders was not something she was accustomed to. She usually moved with purpose, with feeling, with an urgent matter; but today, she was simply ambling along her territory as if she had no cares in the world, although this was far from true.

It wasn't long before she could catch another scent on the wind - one close to d'Arte, and not of the pack's scent. Skye drew closer, determining that the other canine was male, and a loner - no one pack scent surrounded it, as only the wolf's lone individual smell could be detected. As she pushed through the undergrowth, she saw him; a male, as she had predicted, with coppery fur and an average stature.

Skye advanced, her jewelry jingling and jangling as she drew closer to the man. "You are quite near Cercatori d'Arte territory," she said frankly, a sharp gleam in her eye. "I am Skye Collins, the leader of these lands. Who are you?" She found it slightly strange for a man to be sitting on the ground not far from her borders at all, seemingly whittling away a crude weapon.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly13 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #7f96b6;}
.freebjuly13 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly13 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#81acc1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july13.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2d586d; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d586d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
He'd just considered giving up when both the scent and sound of someone approaching caught his senses, his copper toned fur slightly standing on end. Immediately he lowered himself down to the ground to make him look less threatening while placing the crude wooden sword on the ground next to him. The knife was slid into his pack and his tail went between his legs in a sign of submitting and reprieve. His ears went down to half mass, a normally not taken route upon his body language. When he heard her speak, he couldn't help but grin softly. She had a nice voice in his opinion.

"Pardon me for being so close. My name is Leviothan Moonbreaker, a Coyote Wolf mix. I've been around this general area for a few days and I'd like to join your pack."

When he spoke, his tone came out softly lower then it had intended to. Perhaps so that his voice wasn't so gruff. He looked very much like a feral Optime, aside from his grooming which have given him a long copper toned mane. He shifted in place just slightly and lowered his gaze once again. By now he was nearly kneeling on his legs, one knee before the other. Despite that, he seemed enthusiastic to meet a leader so early in his wait. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The crude sword seemed to have come to an abrupt finish near the end, though it had intricate carvings on its hilt. The signature wolf howling at the moon. Either way, it'd been placed to the side, closest to the tree without intruding upon the borders. With one foot forward, his eyes settled on her clawed feet and didn't move. He resisted moving in such a way that would have deemed him unfit to be placed in the pack. One of his hands rose, only to grab and finger at the tooth-made necklace at his neck, his torn clothes. He must have looked like a stray! He shivered just slightly at the thought before shifting in place once again.
[html]
Big Grin

Skye's suspicions were slightly abated as the man tucked his tail underneath his belly and lowered his ears as signs of submission; although she was not overly strict in submission and dominance, she appreciated it when she saw it.

He looked rough, with his ripped shirt, but his fur was glossy and showed no signs of neglect. Not that it would matter much to Skye in any case - aesthetics were second to functionality, she thought. "Well met, Leviothan," she said, a slight warmness in her voice - although she did not entirely trust any new member that came across her border, she never showed it.

Her eyes wandered to a sword by the man - it seemed to have been carved, with intricate details on the hilt of it. Good craftsmanship - not many would have been able to make something so intricate. "A bit of an artist, I see?" she asked lightly. "Our pack was founded on art - this skill of yours will prove useful. What other skills can you offer to my pack?" She relaxed her position somewhat after speaking, indicating that it was alright for the man to stand.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly13 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #7f96b6;}
.freebjuly13 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#81acc1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july13.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2d586d; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d586d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
Leviothan slightly grinned beneath his lowered head, the first sign of his gentle nature. He never moved an inch, other then to allow his facial expressions to be seen even if just slightly. When she spoke, with a modest air, his smile dimmed down to a wolfish thin line. "An artist? I'm not sure if I'd call myself an artist." He glanced over to the sword, a small smile tugging at his jaws. "I learned it in my travels. A wolf has to have something to keep him company when no others are around," he added quickly. With a brief hesitance, he shifted in place again, claws digging into the ground beneath him, his other foot into the grass that surrounded his area. Orange eyes, perhaps infused with the flame of life, moved about the ground, capturing on several of the earth's distinct life forms, bugs that crawled on the ground, worms that tunneled through its embrace.

His smile only grows larger as he listens to her words. The fact that this pack was built on the foundations of art seems to bring out that spark within his being. With his tail still tucked beneath his body, not yet touching against his belly, his head lowered and his ears and eyes half massed, he glances up for the first time to look her over since he hadn't gotten the chance to just a bit ago. It's only for a moment, no disrespect meant in it and he doesn't even look lower then her head; lower then her hair. "I'd like to think I'm good at hunting. It's one of my favorite things to do," he manages, "I'm always on the look out." He nods once as if that would distinguish his words. "Of course, I'd love to try anything that you could offer. Maybe learn more about wood carving." He shifted again under her gaze, his eyes settling on an ant not too far away.

While looking down, he notices the fanged necklace and lifts it just slightly to show her. "Before I left my mother, she taught me how to make this among several other types of jewelry. Like rings, earrings, bracelets."
[html]

He did not drop his respectful demeanor when speaking with her of his skills; he claimed not to be an artist, but Skye supposed that he was merely being humble, for the carving was rather intricate and claimed skill to its name.

His skills were useful, particularly hunting and lookout - she knew that they perhaps were in need of more scouts and hunters, and perhaps later they would hunt as a pack, together. Carving, jewelry making.. they were all good skills to learn and to trade for, to help her pack grow and prosper. Her pack, and his, she thought. She nodded at his words; he was willing to learn, and that, too, was a virtue in of itself.

"These are all good skills," she said amiably, "and I am sure that you will serve Cercatori d'Arte well. Welcome." Although she had not smiled during their meeting, she did now, and extended a hand out to the man for him to take and stand, and enter his new home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+
[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

[/html]