Breakfast
OOC: Please note this thread takes place prior to the Huricane

IC:

Wind howled around the enormous grey Secui as he fell. The day was a beautiful autumn one, the sun warm, the leaves a pale green that promised a brilliant yellow later in the season, and the breeze mild and warm, filled with the scents of his new home. The sky was blue and cloudless, the sun having burnt away the haze of the morning. Time slowed, and stretched like a too tight elastic band in danger of snapping at any moment. The young caribou’s leg muscles bunched, propelling it through the trees, but Einarr’s trajectory, as it often was, was perfect. In the endless moment the hulking male saw the creatures eyes, could smell its sweat and both of them shared the knowledge that there would be no escape, but equally both of them knew there’d be a struggle. As his massive paws hit the creatures back time seemed to speed up to twice its normal speed. The caribou plunged on with the predator on its back, but Einarr quickly bit into its neck, tearing flesh, sinew, tendons and finally vertebrae and nerves. The creature didn’t even scream, instead it collapsed, falling sideways. Einarr hit the ground first, his shoulder absorbing a great deal of the impact, before the creature rolled over him and onto its side. Muscles in his meal still spasmed and twitched, but there was no life there anymore.

Rising quickly Einarr glanced at his shoulder, twigs and leaf litter stuck out of it, but there was only a couple of small grazes, so he didn’t lick it, just let the blood clot itself, but the impact had shaken it, and it throbbed in protest at such foul treatment. Still, he moved well and lowered his head, tearing into the carcass, gorging himself, feeling his stomach stretch and gurgle in appreciation.
[html]
[WC: 333 | Pts: 3] Ooc.

Axelle didn’t take to her Secui form often – only for hunting and well… killing. The day seemed nice for a walk through the forests around Anathema. She ambled out of her den after leaving a bit of old meat for Frex, and shifted down as soon as she exited the caves. She let her feet take her wherever they wanted to as she didn’t really have a destination. She just went wherever they decided to go, whatever flowed.

The blood of a fresh kill coated the air, and Axelle found her feet taking her toward whoever was eating hearty. The scents read so much in her mind – a caribou, pack member, death, blood, hungry wolf. She got all that from a few scents in the air. It was amazing how the wolf nose worked. A slow walk turned into a faster one, then a trot, then a full on run toward the culprit. Up toward the mountain she went, reaching higher grounds and panting just as much. Soon, she found herself circling the area of where the prey seemed to be, and the wolf who killed it.

She had been working on her stealth as of late, and it was paying off. She managed to sneak up to the man without making any sound at all on her part. Her scent was downwind, so that was nice. She stalked up behind him, watching him tear into the beast. Seeing all that blood made her mouth water, but she wasn’t hungry. She had just eaten an hour ago. ”You know, you should take whatever leftovers back to the pack. There’s always room in storage.” Her voice was calm, and behind him. He would hear the voice before he could see the two-toned face. She circled around him widely, trying not to intrude on his kill like a hungry, greedy coyote. She wanted to see his face, and then she wanted to hear his voice – so she knew the full package: scent, appearance, and sound.

<style>
.axedevil { background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/33bk76g.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:"times new roman", times, serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:1px dotted #41b2b1; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; border-radius:10px;}
.axedevil b {color:#ffffff; text-shadow: 0 0 .5em #41b2b1, 0 0 .5em #41b2b1, 0 0 .5em #41b2b1, 0 0 .5em #41b2b1, 0 0 .5em #41b2b1; }
.axedevil p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
</style>
[/html]
Blood spattered Einarr’s muzzle and neck, mixing with the grey fur and matting it, giving him a terribly grizzly appearance. His stomach stretched as he gorged himself, allowing the lupine brain to take control, eat as much as possible as you would never know when your next meal would be. His muzzled still in the carcass he sensed the approach of another, stealthy or not, Einarr had lived too long among conflict not to notice it. ”Make sure your enemy doesn’t suspect a thing.” The gruff voice boomed in his mind, a faded memory surfacing after so long, so he made no move, continued eating and made sure he looked as though he suspected nothing, all the while preparing silently. When the voice came, he did not start, nor did he attempt to look around or pause in his meal until the stranger moved before him, only then did he raise his head to examine her.

The wolf before him was an interesting one, black on one side, white on the other, even her eyes were different colours, it was one of the most exotic colourings he had ever seen. He bowed respectfully, her scent was of the pack and all members were of greater station than himself. He also made sure to keep hunched, concealing somewhat his true size and exaggerating a limp, he looked older than his three years, when he scrunched up, he apparently looked even older.

”I shall remember that. My name is Einarr and I have recently joined this pack.”

His voice was deep, the words were eloquent as a bards, but spoken with no tone, no inflection or accent, making it all but impossible to glean his thoughts.

”I am troubled, I am a member of this pack and two members now have postured before me, when I joined at the borders and here. You chose subterfuge as a means of approach. Why? Is there little trust between members in this pack?”

His voice remained inscrutable. He hoped to make this his home, but where there was no trust, no home could be built.
[html]
http://i50.tinypic.com/351wnit.png); background-color:#bd749d; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 375px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">
OOC: Ooc text here.

Axelle silently watched him eat for those few seconds his head remained in the carcass. When he lifted to look at her, she examined him as well. His gray pelt reflected no sign of uniqueness – a normal wolf pelt. His eyes were the only splash of color on him, a pretty color of gold. He seemed old, but his posture told her otherwise. Axelle was good at figuring others out, and even though she didn’t know why he was trying to crunch himself together, she still chose to remain ignorant to the reason. She dipped her head in greeting to him as well. The way he spoke to her was pleasant; he held a lovely tone to his voice and it didn’t change once he began to ask why she snuck up on him.

”Axelle. I just like to make a quiet, mysterious appearance. There is trust within these borders, and it’s up to you who to trust.” She eyed him before circling around to the other side of him, careful to not near his food – even though, he probably wouldn’t defend it because of her rank. She was very capable of tearing him apart, anyway. She reached the other side of him, and sat. She bent her head to lick one of her paws, something she didn’t do often. She preferred bathing in Optime form, as she liked the way the humans used to bathe. Soap and water – a fluffy cleaning detergent-thing that made her fur smell good after a monthly bath.

Once she lifted her head back up, she watched him trying to figure out where he came from. His features and scars told her that he was like her in some ways – many troubles littered his life, though seemingly past ones, but maybe present. He could’ve came here to escape them all. Oh, how she wished all of hers could disappear just like that. Well, they would once her father was dead. ”Where do you come from, Einarr?” She would learn his story sooner or later.

338 words // 3 points

Table style credited to the lovely Zyn!

[/html]
He watched the bicoloured female as she padded around him, he was not intimidated, he’d come across too many fiercer foes, besides she was a pack mate, so he remained silent until she chose to speak. When she asked her question, the question he’d been expecting, he was unsure how to answer. When had Einarr been born? When had he first called himself Einarr? Of course he was reading far too much into the asking. Axelle had surely only meant the question to be a pleasantry. He kept his face stony, impassive, unreadable.

”Over the seas and far away.”

He replied, in that strange tone with the strange composition of words. The grizzled male wanted to shiver, this was his home now, these were his family now.

”Please, feel free to share in my kill, there is enough should you wish some. What about yourself? What brought you to Anathema?”

He was uncomfortable talking about his past, but refocusing the questioning to his pack mate might make things easier. He was curious about all those around him, they all seemed to have their own stories and he wished to know them. He was a tactician yes, and tactician collected information instinctively, but if he was to spend the rest of his days here then he wished to know those he would spend them with.
[html]
http://i50.tinypic.com/351wnit.png); background-color:#bd749d; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 375px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

Axelle lifted a paw to wave off his offer, ”No thank you, sir.” Though she couldn’t help but think of him as very polite. Sure, it was only right that he offer her his kill because she was of a higher ranking than him, but he really didn’t have to. All she could be was rude to him, but in all reality, there was nothing else to be done. She could report his rudeness to the Angela, but Axelle was more the type of person to take care of her own issues.

She nodded taking the obvious note that he didn’t want to share. She was quiet for a moment pondering the idea of ‘overseas’. She was never there, and wondered what life outside of Canada and North America looked like. Probably very strange. ”A lot of trouble.” Axelle only joined Anathema because being a loner wasn’t settling well with her. By that time, she had been raped and pregnated and beaten senseless by random males. Eventually, she got her revenge for the rape and nature took its course on the other, but it still didn’t set quite well with Axe. She wasn’t built to be a loner; she was always a pack wolf from the time of her birth all the way up until then. After being with the pack for so long, she was proud to say that she would survive being a loner.

Axelle lowered herself to the ground, now allowing herself to look up at his grizzly frame. He seemed to have been through a lot, and she could relate. ”How did you find Souls?” She had found it by running from her past and problems hoping to leave them behind her. She came here hoping for a new life and hoping that she could forget what she needed to, but in the end, her past wound up finding her anyway – spiritually and physically.

317 words. | 3 points.

[/html]
The grizzled grey male watched Axelle settle herself. It was stupid perhaps, but he still found it difficult to believe that he was finally, once more in a pack. Now full he looked at his kill and remained silent for a long moment. He had found a semblance of a peace here, indulging in the mundane, allowing the everyday tasks absorb him. In truth he was not sure how to answer her question, but finally, he realised he could not put it off any longer.

”In truth, I’m not sure, my memories leading up to my arrival are hazy. I remember being woken by a wave splashing across my face. I had washed up on a beach somewhere south of Anathema. The few possessions I had were gone, weapons gone and food as well. I can remember all of my life, but there is a blank, and then there is the memory of the beach. So perhaps some spirit guided me to souls.”

His voice remained steady, his tone, as always, merely conveying the practical with words that spoke a story. He huffed in indifference.

”However it happened, I found this land, and here I am.”

Again he fell silent, but this time it did not last long.

”I am no warrior, but even can hunter can tell you have fought, your movements speak of assessment and judgment. Where did you learn your skills?”

He would not be called a fighter; he would not fight anymore, not here, not in this new life.
[html]

Axelle looked at him pointedly, not expecting the question about her scars. ”Life.” It was all she could say for the moment. It was the one thing that taught her most of what she knew today. Well, that and… ”…And the former Angelo here. He taught me much of my sword training skills, but the rest I picked up on my own.” She had to fight for a lot of things in life, and a lot of times she lost – hence the scars scattered around her body. She needed to learn what was important and what to fight for, and what not to.

She had listened to his story before this question had her wheels turning, and decided that he didn’t want to elaborate much on the subject. She understood. She didn’t want to delve back into unfavorable times either, and was glad that he didn’t stay on the subject about her life before Anathema. She just remained quiet and nodded a few times throughout, but didn’t say anything else to the subject.

She remained on the ground in one of her wolfier forms. She hadn’t changed to Optime since she spoke to her mother and even though her mother’s opinion shouldn’t have weighed this much on her – it was something about her disappointment with Axelle’s form that kept her from changing back. It was like her mother still had an influence over her, even if she was no longer physically on this planet. Her Mom died when she was so young, she couldn’t even remember if her opinions ever weighed heavy on her. Apparently they did because a mere statement from her had Axelle avoiding her Optime form for over 2 months now. Axelle snorted to the thought, and remained silent to listen to the man’s answer. She didn’t know what was going on.

305 words. | 3 points.

[/html]
The silence drew itself out between the two wolves, not uncomfortable, but Einarr sensed that Axelle was remembering, or perhaps he was just protecting. He had once been able to hold a conversation with strangers and make them laugh within a few minutes, now, small-talk was difficult and often non-existent.

”Well, he must have been a good teacher, or you a good student from your movements.”

The tactician said, and appearing to have nothing more to say, leaned down, and using the strength granted to him by his Secui, swung the remaining carcass in his jaws and over his back. The was a wet thud as the prey came to rest across Einarr, blood and anatomical juices running down his sides. He looked at the blood, and for a moment he could have been back on one of those battlefields. The animal he carried was heavy, but Einarr did not display any outward effort. He’d take this back to their stores, it would be kept cool and others would be able to have a meal from it in the leaner times. He turned to his superior and bowed.

”Unless there is anything else you wish, I will leave for the stores.”

He remained where he was, carcass oozing on his back, waiting for her assent.
[html]

Axelle became lost within her own thoughts, and forgot where she was. The sudden movement of Einarr brought her back and she watched as he swung the carcass over his shoulder and onto his back. The bodily fluids that dripped away from the carcass and onto him was disgusting. Axelle’s skin crawled watching the prey animals life liquids drip off of her fellow pack member and onto the ground, making a small puddle of blood.

Axelle stood up too, seeing that now it was time to leave. ”Yes, actually he was one of the best around,” she answered honestly after she waited for the man to finish pulling the animal onto his back. Alaki was a good swordsman and the best guy for training – and he was patient enough to help others learn as well. It’s what made him a good man, in a way, even though Axelle thought of him as an asshole.

Axelle nodded to him, ”Alright. Nice meeting you. I'm sure I'll see you soon.” She was going to ask him if he wanted help, but he seemed to have the situation under control so the offer died away and retreated to the back of her mind. She made to offer to walk with him because she was still trying to avoid everyone. She only went back to the caves when she sincerely had to – like for sleep. She hunted outside and spent the rest of her time out here. She didn’t want to be bothered until she could straighten her head out. She dipped her head toward the man, and turned and made her way towards Dawn’s Breath.

271 words. | 0 points.

[/html]