second skin
DaVinci didn't really know what to do, he'd skirited around Phoenix Valley attempting to gain enough courage to face his mother and admit the truth to her but eating at him from the inside out was the blame she'd placed on him. Firefly's accusation that he'd left her, that he'd let her go. He knew he'd failed to protect his kid sister from the monsters and the horrors of the world but he hadn't expected to have had to. He knew she'd get herself into trouble on her own and she'd pull through there no matter what.. but the events that had unfolded before he'd returned home were more than he could bare.

The steele coated male had found himself drawn back to the house that the Lilium of his siblings pack had claimed as his own. Stepping up upon the porch the hybrid that had begun to spend too much time in lands that he didn't belong called out. "Haku? Haku! I need you.." He knew that the male had been here recently but he wasn't for certain if he was still at the house. Dropping down to perch on the end of the steps he stared down the deserted street, the thoughts of what he had to tell the male making his stomach crawl.
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... anskje.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
ans serif; font-size:12px;line-height:12px;text-align:justify;color:#585454; padding:12px;margin-bottom:220px;">

---

The door was open. The house was a mess. What he had done the last couple of days after the hostage exchange was to rage and go mental inside the once so cosy house. broken glass and ruined furniture, a true mess. Haku himself was lying in the bed in the former guestroom where he and Firefly had raged against eachother the few days before the attack on the Inferni that had led to her being captured. It was over, all over. He heard soft sounds from the outside and a stranger yet somewhat familiar voice call out. Needed? Who would need a monster? He noticed the words, but the being in the bed did not stirr, did not move.

He was lying on his stomach, facing the wall. There were deep rifts in the wall after one of his more violent outbreaks. Dead, glass eyes stared at the wall. He felt dead, he wanted to die. He did not know what was wrong with him. The voice inside of him was too low. Why did not the demon help him? Feelings should be strangled, burned and be disposed of. Why did not the demon help him when he for once needed it? If the being outside truly needed him, he would have to step inside and find the Lilium himself. Haku was lost in himself, and could not help anyone.

[/html]
DaVinci soon grew tired of pacing outside the house and he wasn't beyond intruding into another's personal space to get what he wanted. The silvery steele boy should have realized the type of road he was beginning to wander down but he really didn't care at the moment. Opening the door with a quick shove the hybrid padded into the building and called out again. "Haku, co'mon, I think you want to know this.." DaVinci hadn't realized the whole of his sister's relationship with the leader but by her own words he understood that on some strange level she looked to him. He'd never known another for apoligizing when they'd been caught as a hostage in a war.

He wandered through the house as he continued to talk, wondering if perhaps the male really wasn't home this time. "I.. know why Firefly ran away.." The views of the house were not that impressive. He wondered who or what had left the place in shambles but he pushed the thought from his mind for the time. He caugh the scent of the leader, this time fresh and sharp to his nose as she shook his head.

Following the scent he moved along, nosing open the door to the spare room, "You're not going to like this.." he said, though his words drifted off as he realized that he found the leader, and in the back of his mind he thought, the beast that had created such mayhem. The hybrid stood in the doorway staring at the seemingly lifeless chocolate male before him, wondering why he never returned his calls.
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... anskje.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
ans serif; font-size:12px;line-height:12px;text-align:justify;color:#585454; padding:12px;margin-bottom:220px;">

---

The noise did not go away, and the voice became clearer as the intruder infested the house and started to wander around to find him. Why could not people respect his privacy and leave him the fuck alone? Of course, seeing his position, he should have less privacy than others, but it was odd how pack members liked to avoid him because of his psyche. Eeeeverything was his fault. They did not realize that it was them that really had set out the attack on Inferni. He had just been nice and come with them, but the responsibility and blame was thrown at him alone. He was a very nice scapegoat.

A muzzle nosed open the door to the room and told him that he would not like this. Then shut up and let me be. His voice was unclear and heavy. He had not used it for a little while. He had just hid away and isolated himself. Spending days sleeping or simply staring dimly into the wall. He had lost weight, and perhaps a bit more of whatever sanity was left. Why do you think I would care? Foolish, but he did not know how much the gray hybrid knew. Who was he anyway, really?

[/html]
DaVinci had never stopped to realize that he hadn't even told the chocolate hued leader who he was, the loner that hung around the packlands so much the world just seemed to think he belonged. Settling himself calmly down in the center of the room the silvery male stared at the sorry excuse for life before him as he ignore the childish whine of Haku telling him to shut up. IF DaVinci had ever really cared if the leader wanted to hear something he would have asked him not told him. He really didn't care about the boy's emotions or how in the world he really set able leading a pack by hiding away in some musty old room. He cared about very few things, but those he did care about had lead him to the sorry excuse for a leader and he'd take what he was dealt.

When Haku's curiousity finally got the best of him and the small question was dropped DaVinci shifted from his position into one a little more relaxed as he spoke the plain and simple. "Because it's about Firefly.." He's seen the way she acted towards the leader and had gained a small glimpse as well from tagging himself along when Firefly had been traded off for the little lost soul from Inferni that day. He didn't exactly want to know what his sister had been keeping herself busy with since she'd returned from Ireland but one part seemed obvious to him, Haku had been part of it.
[html]

---

Thing was. He was not able leading a pack. He was not trusted anyway. Cercelee seemed to despise him. So what would happen now when the silly little war was over and they only needed a pure scapegoat? In some ways, he could not care less, but.. still. Part of him seemed to care a slightly bit all of a sudden of his image, his position, or something! He had guessed it was something about the dazzling and emerald eyed female. Most of his thoughts lately circled lazily around her anyway.

Do not torture me more than you have to then. The male in the bed turned slightly and let his eyes search out the furry gray figure. What about her? Thrown herself off a cliff? Gone fucked up a few more men? Had she left and told the gray hybrid to tell Haku that she never wanted to see him again? What what!

[/html]
DaVinci just stared at the sorry state before him, in his own mind he wondered how in the hell the male had come to help lead this pack, but there was little more beyond that circling through his mind on the sorry excuse before him. He'd seen more than one figure like the male before him, himself even was a bit like Haku, though mosty just a smoky haze. His silence was only interupted by the words Haku spoke, and when he finally did awknowledge that he'd heard DaVinci the steele boy gave him what he wanted, though knowing it probably wasn't news he wanted to hear. "She was raped and beaten while held captive.." He almost wanted to ask if that was what he'd wanted out of his little war with Inferni, but he knew that the male before him didn't even know who he was exactly. DaVinci was sortof the black sheep on the family tree.

He narrowed his eyes as he flicked an old broken picture frame against the corner as he spoke once more. "When Alexey and I found her in Inferni she asked me to tell you she was sorry.." He hadn't understood what for and he still didn't, he wasn't even for certain if the subleader of the pack deserved to hear the truth, but he was delivering it anyways. "Perhaps I should have just left you with your sulitude.." he sneered slightly at the male, wondering what in the hell his sibling had found in the chocolate hued male. He didn't seem like any of the others she'd ever taunted and teased. Normally the ones she set in tangles and traps weren't sniveling pouting spoiled brats, and it seemed that was all this one was in his eyes.
[html]

---

His ears received the news, and to be honest, Haku was not much surprised. Though it should make anger and hate rise within him, he would save that for another time when he was alone. Instead the chocolate Lilium stayed indifferent and simply stared at the man that seemed to believe he could come and go as he wished. An ear flickered as the gray scale male brought forth the message that she was sorry. For what? They were nothing, she was nothing to him, and he surely was nothing to her. He had gotten her back into freedom, and her response had been to run away without looking him into the eyes. It was all too apparent that she did not wish to see him, and he did not even know why. Was it him that in the end had lead the attack on Inferni grounds? No, as a matter of fact, it was not. Still, everything bad that happened was blamed at him. So he was sure she had a lot to blame him for, but why not ask him out and find out what was truth? Of course, Haku was a beautiful liar, but he had never lied to her, never done anything to corrupt her trust. If there had been any from the start..

The rest of the idiot words from the male made his ears flatten and cold, blue fire enter his orbs. He pulled his lips back and relieved sharp fangs. He was so sick of all of this. I would appreciate it if you just cut out the crap and told me what issues you have with me. Obviously it was a friend and/or relative of Firefly. The scents easily matched. Firefly chose as she did, and she should accept the consequences that came with those choices. He fought the urge to roll his eyes disgustingly at the coyote hybrid on the other side of the room. Actually yes, he should have left the Dahlia wolf alone together with his solitude. Would have been better than listening to idiotic rant from an overprotective brother or whatever the gray snot was.

[/html]
DaVinci would have left the fellow to his sulking, but the words he spoke of Firefly was too much for the silvery grey male to try and stomach. He snarled at the words as Haku spoke them, he could care less what the male thought of him but the blunt bullshit that was so emotionlessly spewed about the trama his sibling had endured for this pack, these friends and this male that for some reason or another she still believed she owed something to. That was too far. Stepping forward DaVinci's deep voice took on an icy tone as he spat his problems with the male. "Every issue I have with you has to do with the pathedic words that falls from your maw..."

In no time at all his paws had brought him to the edge of the bed where the Lilium had been lurked across. His stormy orbs caught the forsty gaze of the other as he spat in his face. "Would you have the nerve to say that to a child. Would you tell her to accept the seed that grows inside her.. because of a choice she had no hand in making." His fangs glittered dully in the light, if he had half a chance he would have left his own mark on the bastard before him, to show him just what he was worth. "To think, I could have given you the benefit of a doubt.. because she cares."
[html]

---

Oh all the drama, it never failed. The corners of the cream and chocolate hued male lifted a bit as the gray beast spat words back at him. Oo, he had been right, this fellow seemed to have huge issues with him already. Pathetic words? Why, Haku only stated facts? Maybe he was wrong, but still, pathetic? What a rude thing to say, really. Did the male forget that he was trespassing Dahlia grounds and even a leader's home? Kids nowadays, so rude and careless. The young man came closer to the bed and frenzied some more with words, and Haku seriously pondered if he should try to kick the other male in the face. Of course he wouldn't, it was silly childish thoughts that visited his brain because Haku did not have full control of the situation. However, such thoughts only proved that he was unaffected by the other male's words, and that was a very good thing for him. Actually he believed he would have the nerve to say that to a child, but the Soul wolf knew better than to give the other male a pure reason to go out on him with fangs and claws.

My words may seem pathetic to you, but you are not forced to listen. Haku answered dully, not letting the gray brute's anger get to him. It is very easy to blame everything on a single being, but there are many versions, and only one truth. You tell me indirectly that everything is my fault, but it is not. Go gather some real information before you burn down my house. And Firefly did not care! The gray youth seriously believed he would fall for that? She had shown him often enough that this was nothing but a game to her. And another thing, Firefly was not a child. Her body may belong to a young generation, but he had seen the corruption in her, her mind, her brilliance, and she was an adult. Cercelee could have served Haku straight to Inferni, but she did not. Dahlia members could have refused to join the fight, but he remembered how... violent some opinions had been back at the pack meeting. Oh no, Haku was not the only devil in this hell.

[/html]
DaVinci growled deep in his throat as he listened to the arogant words the leader of the pack spoke of, once he might have considered joining, he already had friends within the packlands, but here was one reason not to. He wasn't partial to dealing with someone who was so full of themselves that they didn't have the decency to actually give a damn about another living soul. "Then I won't." He said as he moved to go.

The hybrid male tilted his head back, narrowing his eyes at the male before him as he hissed softly, "Go ahead and twist the words to fit what you'd like them to say.. if it makes you feel better to believe that everyone blames you. I think each and every one of the members of your little raid would like to ease the pain they feel for believing they are to blame." He could think of one tawny hued girl who had ventured back into Inferni to try and save Firefly on her own because she felt she should have been able to do more. He turned away from the male as he spat. "It wouldn't hurt to show a little fucking sympathy.." His ears pinned back as he growled. "You'd be surprised at how much a bit of sympathy would get you.."
[html]

---

The growl was rumbling lightly in Haku's ears, but the Lilium remained silent and untouched emotionally. It was obvious that this male truly cared about Firefly, and Haku silently wondered if it was jealousy he felt by the other creature's ease to protect what he loved. That he knew what he loved with such certainty, such passion. Still, Haku's body was heating up by the words the other male spat out at him. He could not help but actually rolling his eyes as the hybrid twisted his own words with his second stream of words. It did not matter, because Haku did not care shit about this who-ever-this-guy-was. And sympathy? Sympathy? Haku was rather good at spitting too.

A moment he almost admitted to the fact that he did not understand the meaning of the word. Or, sure, he understood, but he.. could not understand it properly because he did not know what it was. How to feel sympathy for a being. Instead he just let it all go and hoped the male would disappear for good. Maybe it was just as good, because; I do not like surprises anyway. He had already opened up somewhat once, and look at the mess it had gotten him into. If he had not given into the whirlwind to begin with, this gray youth would not have been here either. Effort. Haku was an idiot. I'd also appreciate it if you stayed away from Dahlia territory in the future. Would be healthy for you. Haku was somewhat frustrated. He did not even know the hybrid's name, who he was, nothing, and poking the male a bit more could maybe reveal some more about his reasons for being here in the first place. Yes, Firefly, but why? How close were they, exactly?

[/html]
DaVinci wouldn't give a damn what the male thought and he let it know with a short bark of laughter as he shook his head and walked away from the whole fucking mess. The words of the male behind him just made him smirk as he whined about what he liked and didn't. "Get use to them.. you can't control surprises." he said bitterly. He should know, he'd been one hell of a surprise to his mother and he'd received one hell of a surprise in return from the bitch when she'd set out to kill him in a moment of her own insanity. He shook his head and his paws took his step by step towards the door of the room.

The threats of the male fell upon his ears and drew him to a stop as he turned and gazed at the blue eyed boy as he asked honestly. "Healthy for me, or healthy for you?" He hated to be the one to burst the Lilium's bubble, but until Firefly was back to the girl he once knew he wasn't going far from the lands. Shaking his head as he left the male with the truth. "Bring back the Firefly I once knew and we'll talk about it." He didn't give a damn what the leader thought, he had no pack that his actions could come back upon. If Haku didn't want him here he'd have to do more than just idly threaten him, and the way he seemed to all of a sudden not give a shit about Firefly already had DaVinci convinced that she was better off outside these lands.
[html]

---

The male was so arrogant the older beast wanted to vomit, but he decided to let it all go. First sentence was completely ignored, second was not. Both of us. Haku would not have big difficulties with embracing the gray man's throat with his jaws if he became bothersome enough, but for Cercelee's sake he needed a somewhat solid reason, and he had thrown out the warning and announced the possible danger. As the male let his last words roll out into the room, the Lilium closed his eyes and rested his head down on the pillow once again. This session was over, and the next one would be bright crimson.
[/html]