Elder's Wisdom
[html]

dated for tomorrow

The hurricane was over, much to his relief. The dens had some flooding in them, but they were already drying out, as the ditch had done it's job. All the work that had been done had allowed their home to remain safe, though there were casualties. Prey was scarce as well, since they'd gone into hiding during the storm. There was no limit to dead animals though, and Tharin had no problem eating a dead squirrel that had been struck, or bringing in rabbits that had died for the rest of the pack.

The real worry was that the prey wouldn't come back. He'd seen famine before, and had been forced to leave before the famine stopped. It had brought death, and the thought of such a tragedy striking his new home was terrifying. He didn't know how to stop it, and could only resume his routine of trying to track down the prey and hoping that he could locate something. There was the occasional prey that he came across, but it was taking time for them to come back, and it was setting him on edge.

<style type="text/css">
.tharee b {font-weight:bold; color:#341f06;}
.tharee p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
.tharee p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.tharee p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
she's quiet when she's down
strangers from other towns

nowhere to be found
on this side of the scene
Yay for Bria threads Big Grin
WC: 593

The sable female was concerned, it appeared that Deuce had gone missing in the time that she had been gone, apparently there had been some sort of hurricane ravage the lands while she had been away as well. Soran herself had seen plenty of fierce storms, but she had never witnessed a hurricane before, it seemed she was lucky to have never done so, many of the lands seemed affected by this huge storm that had rolled in, crushing everything in it's path. Many boughs had been broken from trees, some had even been ripped up by the roots it seemed, the ebony lady could not help but shudder at the very idea of what had happened here while she had been recovering. If only she had been here, she knew that there was nothing she could have done to help with the storm, she could not control the weather after all and it would be more than foolish for her to think that she could; but perhaps Deuce would have still been here, her pale lover with her bi-coloured eyes. Oh how she missed her, somehow she felt that the alabaster female's absence was all her fault, had she left because Soran was no longer around? Had she gone in search of her jet mate? Soran hoped not more than anything, for that might mean they would spend the rest of their lives searching for one another and constantly missing each opportunity to be together, in the same place, at the same time. How the green eyed fae wished her lover would just come home, come back where Soran knew that she would be safe. She needed to apologise for leaving at the very least, the dark female may never receive forgiveness for leaving so abruptly without saying goodbye, but it would cleanse her conscience to be able to say the words. Hopefully her mate would forgive her and they would be able to live out their days here, safe and happy, but for that to happen the pale female had to come back. Oh how Soran longed for her to come back.

She padded across the lands at a gentle pace, her long legs moving her with ease, her four paws making no sound as each met the ground softly, a huntress' light step, something that had always come easily to the sable female. The wind teased at the feathers that adorned the side of her head and the two silver hoops in the tip of her left ear glittered in the weak sunlight, she was unsure whether or not she would be able to take them out. As the female padded across the lands her jade eyes fell upon a grey male in the near distance. He smelt of the pack and Soran smiled, that meant he would be able to be trusted. She approached at the same relaxed gait that she had been wandering with all morning, the early riser having been up since well before dawn, re-inspecting the lands that she had called home and was now calling home again. She bowed as she approached the male, lowering herself into a submissive posture, something which she found riled her, she had after all been the Betess of this pack once, however she could not expect to be given that position of authority back and so she was ready to be polite and respectful to those of a higher rank to her.
“Hello there, I am Soran.” The sable lady greeted, her voice warm and friendly as she spoke.

<style type="text/css">
.sorspring b {font-weight:bold; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sorspring {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0dec0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b55wo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #776f61; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#776f61; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.sorspring .words {text-align:center; font-size:20px; font-family:'Delius Unicase'; padding:0px 0px 10px; line-height:20px; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring .ooc {margin:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style>

Table by the fantastic Raze (Vesper) <3<3
[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

Tharin lifted his head as a female approached him. She was old, with scars marking her body. Her eyes were still sharp though, and Tharin thought that she would live for a time yet before death came to claim her. She had pride in her step, but still managed to be respectful to him. That was good. He had enough dealing with those who chose to disrespect him, and was willing to strike back to those who misbehaved. The slight resentment in her eyes for the submission was ignored, sniffing her and catching Zalen's scent. She must have been just recently accepted.

Hello elder. I'm Tharin, a gamma for the pack. You've chosen a rough time to join the pack. We're still recovering from the storm. Tharin's words were frank, sniffing at her body before nudging her gently. His own posture was dominant, with his tail high behind him and his ears pricked forward. He didn't want to leave any room for doubt that he didn't earn his rank, and could hold it. He didn't recognize her, and didn't even know that she'd been in the pack before. He simply thought she was an elder looking for a place to die in peace.

<style type="text/css">
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

nowhere to be found
Big Grin
WC: 318

The sable female allowed herself to be sniffed by this tawny male before raising her head slightly, though she kept her tail and the rest of her body in a submissive stance; she was this wolf's elder, but she was still just a subordinate again, she was not about to behave badly in front of this more dominant male. She listened as he spoke, raising her gaze to look at him as he spoke, something she had always done, it was not meant as a challenge, simply she had been taught to look at those who were speaking, a politeness lesson that she had never forgotten, she caught herself and averted her gaze again, hoping that this male would realise what her real intent had been. He was the gamma was he? That was interesting, it seemed a lot had changed since she had been here last. At calling her elder she let out a small chuckle.
“Oh I assure you that I am not that old Tharin.” The ebony female replied, still chuckling to herself, wondering if she would ever find herself getting used to ageing. The male explained that it was a tough time to join the pack and the jet pelted female nodded, she had been filled in somewhat by Zalen.
"I have not joined the pack... well not in the conventional sense I mean, I was the Beta here a while ago, I was here when the pack formed. But I had to leave to deal with some business away from these lands, so I have recently returned home." The sable female explained, hoping that the male would understand the complex situation surrounding the green eyed lady's return.
"How long have you been a member of this pack? I hope you don't find that impertinent, I have a curious nature you see." Soran asked, apologising afterwards, this submission was tougher than she had initially thought.

<style type="text/css">
.sorspring b {font-weight:bold; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0dec0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b55wo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #776f61; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#776f61; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.sorspring .words {text-align:center; font-size:20px; font-family:'Delius Unicase'; padding:0px 0px 10px; line-height:20px; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring .ooc {margin:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

i lost half my post in the last one! how did that happen?

She stayed still as he sniffed curiously at her before raising her head, just as curious about him. It was an old ritual, but one that he trusted to tell him anything he needed to know. He could tell that she'd been sick recently and was recovering, for example. She was tough to have survived that at her age. Having her meet his eyes startled him slightly, his lips pulling back before she dropped her gaze again. Remembering that some canines actually looked at each other when speaking he relaxed, letting his lips lower again. He himself did that on occasion when he was relaxed and playing, and it meant nothing.

He didn't believe in the slightest that she was younger than he thought, but kept quiet on the manner. Mentioning age was a good way to end up in the bad books of older wolves. No one liked thinking about how death was creeping up on them. Hearing that she had been a beta surprised Tharin. He'd thought this pack was relatively new! How old was it, that this wolf had been the beta and trusted with that position? Leaving for business made sense to him, but he did not think she would be beta again, no matter how long she might have held that position for before. A few months. Long enough to prove my loyalty. What business took you away?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

nowhere to be found
I have no idea... how bizarre! Hmm... 'Souls does sometimes like to eat words I guess XD... Also Tharin was good to keep quiet on the age thing... XD
WC: 420

The male reacted badly to the sable female looking him in the face and so she decided that it would be better not to do it again, not all wolves were like Zalen, he did not mind her behaving like his equal at times, at least he hadn't in the past, when she had been the Beta, perhaps things would be different now, or perhaps he would always look kindly upon his adopted mother. Only time would tell she supposed. The dark female managed to sneak a glance at the male as she spoke, making sure to keep her eyes mostly averted from his face. He seemed surprised that she had been the Beta wolf, a smile played across her lips as she mused on this, so many wolves underestimated her, perhaps it was the advanced years that she was reaching now, though even when she had been young wolves underestimated her, it seemed that she was better at hiding the steel of her personality between the creamier, softer aspects. But it was true, beneath the motherly, soft exterior that this sable female possessed there was steel, enough steel to arm a battalion, she had needed to create it in order to survive. She listened as the male spoke once again, saying that he had been there long enough to prove his loyalty... it seemed that her question had struck a nerve after all, it seemed that this male thought that she had been weighing him up, perhaps wondering if she was deeming him good enough for the pack. She hoped the pack were not suspicious of her, she was the former Beta, but she was no longer in that role... she knew her place and would keep to it. Then the male asked a question that made the jet pelted wolf's heart sink, the business had been terrible and bloody, borne of grief and rage. For a moment she faltered, wondering if she should tell this near-stranger what had happened. But then again she treated her pack as family, family told one another the truth.
“A young female of this pack, my adopted daughter was murdered. I went to avenge her death and to reclaim her body. The avenging was completed, alas I never did find her body. That was where I got these scars.” Soran paused, nodding down at her chest. "She was killed by a bear you see." Soran added as explanation, a heavy, wistful sigh escaping her lips, apparently she was not quite done grieving yet.

<style type="text/css">

[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

He felt incredibly inexperienced in comparison to this older wolf, and felt that he had to prove that he deserved the rank that older wolves would normally hold. He was calm and logical in his actions, but he still felt. When he thought about talking to a former beta and all that implied he had to wonder. Her face was expressive, even as it kept a cool calm that he wished he had control over. Tharin was a fairly even keeled male, but when he lost his temper it was quite expressive.

Perhaps she wasn't the picture of calm temperament he'd imagined, and not as suited for the position as he'd thought. Going for revenge against a bear had been foolish, especially since it had harmed her and brought her away from the pack that could have needed her advice. If she had wanted to kill the bear for being a threat to the pack she should have brought others with her. She could have died along with the bear. It did show her strength at least. You're lucky that you survived that. It's good that you've returned.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

nowhere to be found
WC: 514

The sable female had known what a foolish action it had been, marching across the lands in order to end the life of a bear, simply because it had killed her daughter. But there had been no other course of action in her mind, something darker than her usual personality had taken over, something which usually only stirred on the battlefields of war. She could not help herself, there had been too much loss recently, she had lost children, lovers, friends, a bloody battle had raged with Aniwaya only a few months before the bear's actions. She had had enough, somehow by killing the bear it made her feel like she had lashed back at death in a way, it felt like just for once she had bested the cold claws of whatever it was that took life away, she had struck back. She was so tired of losing those she cared about to old age, illness or injury. The ebony wolf was often a very peaceful wolf, she tried to be diplomatic, to be kind to those around her, to find peaceful solutions to whatever the pack was facing. But in this there was no diplomacy, one could not reason with a bloodthirsty bear, in the same way that she was unsure that she would be able to reason with Inferni. She may have made a rash decision when she had chosen to march off and kill the wolf, she had almost been killed in the process, but still she had felt that it was the right thing to do, she was no longer grief stricken after all, she was much better able to complete her duties now that she felt that she had avenged her daughter.
“It was a hasty decision, it was foolish, but it was the only option that I found myself presented with. I could not perform my duties with her death unavenged, I was nothing more than a useless, grief-stricken creature. I have lived a very long time Tharin, and it seemed that it was the only way forward. Perhaps if I had the time again I would rethink it, perhaps take at least one other member of the pack with me, then I would have not been away for so very long. That is perhaps the only thing I regret about what happened, being away for so long, the pack needed me and I could not be here. Hopefully I will find a way to make that up to them all.” Soran replied, finding herself more able to speak freely to the gamma now, the pack was a family after all.

The sable female stole another glance upwards at the younger male before lowering her eyes once more. She was interested in him, she wanted to know what was happening with the wolves in her pack, she wanted to know all about them, her hopeless need to mother everyone was showing through once again.
"So tell me Tharin, what brought you here in the first place?" Soran asked, she liked knowing what others had done in their past.

<style type="text/css">

[/html]
[html]

feel free to ask him questions. Tharin tends to just say the bare minimum to anything.

Tharin listened, nodding his head. He knew of hasty decisions. It was a hasty decision that had cost him his ear. He hadn't expected Amy to be so strong. At least Saki was safe, even if he now had to rely more strongly on his other senses. He had even done it for a similar reason, though his had been because of Kiara's grief, and not his own. He had done little more than add another burden to the pack unfortunately. His lesson had been learned though and he would not be acting out in haste like that again. Grief can be blinding. It spurs action when thinking would be better.

Making it up to the pack would be more difficult Tharin was sure. He certainly wouldn't trust her as a beta again. He didn't think Zalen would either, not with this elderly wolf that seemed to let her emotions guide her. You could share your wisdom. You have lived a long time, and I'm sure we could benefit from what you know. He didn't have anything to say on whether it would work or not, but he would appreciate the knowledge. Tilting his head Tharin looked past her to the borders of the pack. A famine forced me to leave my birth pack. The lands here were strange, and Shandom lead me here where there were others living a life similar to the one I had known.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

nowhere to be found
Will do XD Sorry for the wait on the reply by the way.
WC: 719

The sable female was unsure of what to think about this male, after all he was her Gamma, but the feeling that he did not trust her because of her rash actions was one that she could not shake. Had she still been Beta she would have put in in his place, reminded him to respect his elders, but she would not do that, after all he was higher ranking that she was and he was a pack member and therefore family to to the sable female. She would never harm her family, especially if they were of a higher rank than her. She listened as he spoke, saying that grief called for action rather than thought, the way he mentioned thought made Soran bristle inside, she did not show any outward sign that what he had said had upset the dark female.
“Yes, I agree that thought is the better idea. Normally I would have been more logical, it is in my nature you see, to think before acting, to take care of those who need me before, in this case, exacting a revenge, but it was my only course of action in my eyes, I could not care for the pack with my rage built up inside me, I did not wish for them to suffer because of my rage, my father was a rage filled monster, he killed many after watching his parents killed, my family and my friends, I never want to be like him, I could not have bore the idea that my rage would have caused suffering to this pack, I love them too much, in my eyes they are family. ” Soran replied, being honest and hoping more than anything that the male would take her frank honesty as truth, for she was being truthful.

The male spoke again and Soran nodded, he said that she should share her wisdom and she agreed, she wanted her pack to be strong, her pack was her family and she wanted them to know all that she did.
"Yes I hope to be able to give the rest of my wisdom to this pack. That was why Zalen made me Beta in the first place you see, I am his adopted mother, he wanted me to share my wisdom as I had shared it with him." Soran replied, playing her ace hidden up her sleeve as it were, mentioning that the Alpha, Zalen, considered her to be his adoptive mother and she considered him her son, perhaps in this way she would gain more respect from Tharin, she did not want him to submit to her, after all she knew that she was only a subordinate again and he was the Gamma, but she did not want to be made to feel like scum because she had left. She had felt like she had been right in her choice, her father had allowed his hate to consume him and because of that her family had died, he had killed her birth mother, her adoptive mother and her adoptive brother, along with countless others that he had met along the way, anyone that accepted black pelted wolves, he had killed them all. She did not want to be like him and holding in her rage could have risked her turning into that monster. The male spoke again, explaining that he had had to leave his birth pack due to famine, and that Shandom had shown him the way by bringing him to these lands.
"Ah... Shandom is a good male, I considered him a good friend and ally, I hope that he considers me in the same light. It was a great shame that you had to leave your pack due to a famine, are your family alright? I myself had to leave my birth pack because my father was a psychopath, he killed my mother and my friends, that was part of the reason I went to find Blind's killer, he was the way he was because he suppressed his rage, I never want to be like him." Soran explained, hoping that Tharin would understand her actions because of her confession, it was hard for her to explain what had happened when she was a child, but she wanted her pack, her family, to understand.

<style type="text/css">

[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin listened to Soran's soft words. They were definitely that of someone more used to battling with words, even if she had proven herself powerful enough to take out a bear without anyone else's help. He was impressed that she had survived, and not surprised at all that such an incident had lead to her taking so long to return. It had truly been luck that had allowed her to come back when doing something so foolish. It sounded rather like she was defending her actions now, something that surprised Tharin. Words cost little, and he had simply been agreeing as he had done something similar to her. You were not thinking clearly. Did she not just prove that herself?

The news that this was a mother figure to the alpha surprised Tharin. His amber eyes widened largely, taking her in at a second glance. She was old, but she had to hold great wisdom to be held by the alpha in such high regard. She was an elder, or close to being one, so Tharin would respect her for that alone. Asked if his family was alright Tharin stiffened. No one had asked him that. No one had cared to know before, letting the past lay where it belonged. Of course my family's fine. There's no reason for them not to be. Tharin didn't actually know the truth. He'd never gone back, not since his shame of letting Akira die.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait on this reply <3

The sable female looked this male over in quiet contemplation, she did not raise her head enough to meet his gaze of course, keeping her stance slightly submissive as she gazed over him. He was silver in colour, with flecks of black running through it, he was rather intriguing to look at really, she could not help but wonder if the male was always this icy to the others in the pack though. She hoped that he was not, perhaps he was a wolf that needed to warm to others, to get to know them before opening up to them, or perhaps he was just the quiet type, perhaps this was not him being icy at all, but the sable female could not shake the feeling that he was not very keen on her. She listened as he spoke, he stated that she had not been thinking clearly. Well of course she hadn't, she had been blinded by grief and rage, but that was no reason for him to state that fact; she would not stand here and be chastised by someone who was close enough to be a complete stranger. She bristled internally, not allowing the annoyance she felt to be shown outwardly, she did not want this male to see it as a challenge, she had not come home to start any ill feeling between pack members after all.
I think we all have moments where we don't think clearly. Soran started diplomatically, if I were to ever find a wolf who had never done anything that they regret then I would be very suspicious of them indeed, we all have regrets, things we wished we had thought through more clearly before we acted. The key is knowing when to forgive those who make mistakes and hopefully they learn from them. she finished, hoping that her words were carefully chosen enough to thaw this male's icy demeanor towards her.

What Soran had said had been true, and perhaps she had had more regrets than most, but she had lived much longer than most as well, there had been so much in her past that had been unpleasant, though she did not wish for any of it to be changed, because if she had not been through all of her past experiences then she doubted that she would be the wolf she was today. The jade eyed female could not help but smile slightly as what she had said about being Zalen's adoptive mother sank in, a slight upwards flick of her eyes showed the male's own yellow eyes widening slightly as she spoke; she quickly averted her gaze once more. His response to the ebony female's next question was even less warm than the first one had been, she hoped more than anything that she had not upset the male.
I am sorry if that question was too prying, I did not meant to offend you, I simply asked out of hope that those who love you are still alive and well. Soran replied, a small smile that she hoped was comforting crossing her lips.
The pack obviously trusts you, they must think that you have settled in here well. You say that this is the life that you knew before, have you always lived the way we do here? Or have you lived the way that some of the other packs do, being more humanised? Soran asked, hoping not to offend the male any further, hoping to start a proper conversation, no matter how difficult it may be. She had always thought of every member of her pack as a family member, she did not want there to be any awkwardness between one of them and herself.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug42 b {font-weight:bold; color:#deb6ba; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #ac5159; }
.freebaug42 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug42 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c58891; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Zyd8h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #520e0e; padding: 200px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#520e0e; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug42 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug42 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
WC: 619

[/html]
Table by the wonderful Alli (Anu).
[html]

is fine

She was right. Tharin felt that she had managed to miss his attempts to say that he understood. Her words were not as dry cut as his own, but the same point passed through it. He did not feel that she needed to justify herself in any way. She had been clouded by emotion and acted upon it, as many did in that state of mind. He just didn't reveal his own weakness and failure. He was higher ranked after all, and didn't feel secure revealing that he could be fallible to those that looked up to him. He wanted them to feel that he could be relied on.

He jerked his head in a nod, accepting the apology a touch shakily. He didn't like dwelling on the past and what it contained for him. Tharin couldn't put aside his guilt as easily as some did, and he struggled with showing his new pack that he wouldn't fail again, even though they weren't aware of what he'd done before. Humanized? No, I don't know what you mean. I've always lived like this. Puzzlement crossed his features, now struggling to keep up with her. I didn't live with two leggers. Is that what you mean?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

nowhere to be found
Sorry if Soran is being a grumpy boots XD
WC: 564

Soran was still unsure how to take this male, she felt a little uneasy, perhaps it was simply him not wanting to appear weak in front of someone who was lower in the ranks than he was, or perhaps he was always like that. The sable female was used to others coming to her and telling her their problems though, her age allowing her to provide them with guidance and hopefully good advice. It was something that she had always liked, feeling trusted by those around her and being able to trust them in return; in her eyes a pack was a family and she was always happy to fall into the role of mothering and grand-mothering those around her, she quickly learned to love the wolves around her dearly. She hoped that this male would see this in her and learn to trust her, even if it was only a little bit at a time. She managed a weak smile and she glanced at him again. If nothing else then Zalen trusted this male enough to make him the Gamma of the pack and so Soran would trust him for that, she just hoped that the male would learn to trust her too.

The male seemed to accept her apology and that allowed the jet pelted lady to relax a little, perhaps he was not quite so cross and disappointed with her as she had first thought; perhaps she had not offended him as she thought that she had. As the male spoke Soran raised her head to look at him, but she kept her ears and tail in the submissive posture of a subordinate talking to a Gamma. He seemed a little confused by what she had said, saying that he had always lived like this; she supposed that meant that he had always lived as a four legged wolf in packs that behaved very much like this one, the sable female nodded in understanding to his reply. He then said that he had never lived with two legged wolves and asked her if that was what she had meant, Soran nodded again, licking her lips to moisten them before explaining.
“Yes, that is partially what I meant, many of the other packs in these lands prefer to live in their two legged forms, but they also behave more like humans, I know of human customs and behaviours from reading about them in books. Some other packs learn to hunt using human weapons, such as swords and bows and they farm. Some keep cows, sheep and horses for food and milk and the like, some even go as far as to grow vegetables for the packs. I have never understood that myself, I have never been partial to vegetables, though I suppose if there was no meat available then perhaps I could force myself to eat it.” Soran replied with a chuckle.
"I was simply wondering if you had ever come across that sort of living before you came to these lands." Soran added in explanation.
"So Tharin, what do you like to do in your spare time? Are you a hunter? Perhaps a fisherman? The ebony pelted female asked, trying to find out more about her new Gamma, her curiousity getting better of her once again. She wanted to get to know this male, after all he was a pack mate.

<style type="text/css">

[/html]
She listened very loudly. Tharin wasn't too sure how to react to her. It was almost as if she was waiting for him to do something, but he didn't know what she expected. She did nod at his words. It was hard to sort through her meanings. Her words were smooth, flowing as they explained everything. Soran seemed slightly nervous, or perhaps just warming up to her subject as she licked at her lips and began to talk. It didn't seem that he'd understood the nature that she meant with his best attempt.

Humans? The luperci lived like humans? The line between the two leggers in the tales he had heard growing up and the luperci grew smaller at that mention, wondering how much he could know of humans just by watching the two legged wolves. She listed off the various human customs, his eyes beginning to glaze as he struggled to keep up and take in all the new information she was telling him. When she did finally stop Tharin was ready to roll over and surrender, just so he wouldn't have to hear anymore. I hunt and patrol mostly. I watch Saki to make sure she doesn't get into any harm.
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/M8XiI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

Sorry for the wait on this one hun!
WC: 584

The sable female was happy to list off what she knew of the Luperci that lived like humans, after all she had lived that way for many years herself, when she had been in Syemv, then Crimson Dreams, there had been many things that she had learned. She herself had adopted some human behaviours, but many she could see no point for, for example using horses for transportation and keeping other animals for food and milk; some of the packs even grew vegetables, something that had baffled her and still did. Why would a wolf want to eat vegetables when it was so easy to go and hunt rabbits and other animals to eat? She was a carnivore through and through and could not imagine ever having to eat the strange orange and yellow roots that some wolves seemed so fond of. There were things that the sable female still did that could be classed as more human though, but they to her were useful, they were the few things that she felt humanity had been doing right, things that were beautiful or helpful. She could read and write for one thing, it was this that had allowed her knowledge of many things to blossom, after studying many anatomy books she knew how to reset a broken bone or stitch a wound for example. She also played the flute, something that had no real use but that she did for sheer pleasure, that was something of real beauty in her eyes, something that could instill such joy and sorrow in another, simply because of a few motions of her fingers and a gentle blow of her breath, the sounds that the silver tube emitted were really rather wonderous to the sable female, they relaxed her and allowed her to think. Some things that the humans had done were not all bad, it was true that some were terrible, she had seen the cities of grey concrete that covered the once lush and green lands, she had seen evidence of how the humans had sought to control and crush nature; but some thing that they had done she could not help but be amazed at.

The male seemed to have gained some understanding of what she had said, but then again he also seemed confused, Soran supposed that he had been given an awful amount of information in a short amount of time. She smiled at the male, her tail wagging slightly, she was warming to him now and hoped he was to her. He replied and she listened intently, showing that she was alert and cared what he was saying. He said that he hunted and patrolled mostly and kept someone named Suki from harm, the sable female turned her head on to one side, wondering who this Suki was.

"Oh I see, who is this Suki of whom you speak?" Soran asked, so much had changed since she had been away, there were a lot of new faces to see, a lot of new names to learn. The idea of hunting piqued the dark female's interest though, she was a fair huntress herself, she had once held the rank of head huntress in her old pack, perhaps she could be of some use to Tharin in this way?
"I would consider myself a fair huntress, perhaps I could accompany you on an excursion sometime? I hope that you would find me useful to you." Soran offered, a hopeful smile on her dark lips.

Gorgeous table by the very talented Aoves
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

The elderly wolf seemed to be warming up to the subject. She must be used to being a mentor. When she reached the rank of elder Tharin was sure she'd be happy there, telling tales to the youth and imparting her wisdom to those who required it. The sharp eyes focused on him as he spoke, listening with a high intensity. He was going to have to get used to how intense her focus was on whatever she chose to give her attention to.

Saki. She's a pup that Amy crippled. Tharin had rescued her, but at a great cost. He had been injured and kept from aiding the pack for a month's time, and still had been slow to start doing things again afterwards. He studied her lean frame, taking note of the muscles in her body. She was strong, but Tharin wasn't sure how well they would work together. It would be interesting to do either way. Certainly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/M8XiI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

Sorry for the wait, I started working on Robin Aatte's family tree last night and broke my brain to such a degree I couldn't even think in straight sentences, she's related to like ALL the 'Souls families lol.
WC: 627

The sable female was starting to relax once more, perhaps falling back into the pack life wouldn't be such a struggle after all; perhaps it would be easier for the pack to accept her and trust her once more. She wanted that more than anything, wanted to be accepted and cared for so that she could care for the other members in the pack in return, she wanted to retake her role as mother and guardian of this pack, she wanted that more than anything. All in all the sable female had never been a good mother to her own pups, well her eldest pups, somehow she had managed to be a much better grandmother and great grandmother, in her way she tried to care for the pack members as such in order to alleviate her own guilt when it came to Khaden and Dhalia. Conri had had a broken mother, one that was barely able to care for herself at times, but he had known that he had been loved, she had cared for him the best that she could, but the twins, her dark son and her red girl, they had never known that she had loved them; then again when they had been born she was not sure that she did love them, in fact in a way she hated them, they were the product of a brutal attack and she hated them, she hated how they reminded her of Hollow, she hated how they showed her own weakness, she hated how they had been the reason her beloved eldest son had killed his own father. But she loved them now, she had realised that they were not to blame, they had never been to blame, she wanted to be their mother, she had even managed a good attempt when they resided within the lands, but now they were gone and she had no idea where they were and so there were motherly instincts left over that she gave to her pack mates; they were her gift and her penance.

The male corrected her on the name of the pup and Soran nodded, not realising that she had misheard him at first. Her eyes widened as the male spoke, saying that a wolf named Amy had crippled the poor girl, for a moment the sable female's features darkened, and she let out a low growl. She knew this Amy, she had traded with her when the Winter fayre had come to the 'Souls lands, had she brought this terror upon her pack?
"Not Amy Sunders? She crippled a pup? Damn her, I thought she was a kindly wolf when I had first met her. Damn her." Soran replied, a snarl coming from her maw as she thought of the pallid female who had seemed so welcoming, so willing to trade for arrows for her young great granddaughter. Soran stood still for a moment and calmed herself, she was furious at that pale female, how dare she injured someone? If it had been an adult then it would be less disgusting to the sable wolf, but to attack a pup, a defenselessness pup... that was beyond forgiveness.
"How is Saki now? I know how to reset injured bones if you would like me to take a look at her?" Soran offered, her green eyes filled with worry for a fellow pack mate. The subject then rolled around to the hunting idea, the male seemed unsure, perhaps they would not work well together, she hoped so though.
"Well I am willing to help in any way that I can." Soran offered, a smile playing on her lips, calmer now than she had been when she had first heard of the attack upon this young Saki female.

Gorgeous table by the very talented Aoves
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

His eyes widened with surprise as Soran spoke. You know her? He hadn't expected such a thing. Again, the mention of Amy being kind surprised Tharin. It wasn't the first time he'd heard tales about how Amy had helped a pack mate here or there, or that she had done something to convince them that she was truly compassionate. Saki's paw was proof however. Tharin no longer believed that she would heal.

He shook his head, eyes falling to the ground. She's lived here for a couple months, and her paw has not healed. I doubt that you can do anything to fix it. None of the other medics in the pack had been able to do anything. It was more frustrating than when he had not known how to use the various herbs. Here there were wolves with dexterity that could repair wounds that would kill in his birth pack, but they still couldn't help Saki.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]