Road to Awe
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Sept. 29th | Secui- Long mane with Vulture and Owl feathers | Peppy and Optimistic

Another day of clear sky... of openness and clarity. But in this bliss was another day without the rains, but another day in which the pack would have to rebuild. The Reserve was gone as were the caches, but as a testament to Nomad ingenuity and strength, the barn still stop and was again home to its previously shaken animals. And though the food caches and Evan'ule ground was washed away by the flood waters of the breaking rivers, it offered a clean slate to build something other, and for the pack to once more come together in thought and make a plan for what next step to take.

Such thoughts had the Issor in a contemplative mood, fancying ideas for what to do with the still moist ground. Areas had become softer due to the rain, making it an ideal spot for growth of some kind. Perhaps plants, like the dark green plant she favored... or something with more color. As long as she had the opportunity to plant the seeds she had acquired and have something positive grow from them. Though she could hardly call herself a successful tiller of the soil.

It was thoughts like these that consumed her mind as of late. Simple, silly things she would otherwise scoff at had she been in another state of mind. The Family was well in its current standing and her own health was improving since her long, much needed rest. She felt more able than she had in a while, full of energy and a bright mood to rival even a young pup. That energy was wasted on X'ies though, he was would rather spend his time contemplating than cater to a female that imagined herself a young pup again. Which led her out into the lands to survey and wonder, giving birth to ideas about what to plant, where and when. It was an odd manner to spend precious time, but she was quite glad for it none the less. Afterall, with all the time spent secluded and useless in a cave, she was bound to have a few playful moments to herself.

356 words.

[/html]
[html]
she's quiet when she's down
strangers from other towns

nowhere to be found
on this side of the scene
Hello! Apologies for taking a little while to get a reply up!
WC: 618

The sable female had not been this far West for a long time, though she had not been in these lands for such a long time at all, staying with her old pack while she regained her strength, her injuries were healed and she had been able to return to her usual home; though she had gained four new scars right across her chest, but still she had her life and for a few tense days she had been unsure that she would even had that. So really every day that she had now was a blessing, it was a gift, it may never have happened, had it not been for her son, Flavian, then chances were it never would have done, he had found her when she had been dying and had taken her to her old pack, a safe place where they had healed her back to strength. Her chest wounds had been riddled with infection, she was so lucky that infection had not poisoned her blood; then she would not have been here to feel the ground under her paws or the soft breeze ruffling her dark fur. She walked at a fairly brisk pace, the speed of her feet matching her thoughts, her head was still whirling, Deuce was missing and she had no idea where the pale female had gone, her mate, her lover. She needed to know where the beautiful lady with the bi-coloured eyes had gone, so she was walking to the nearby packs to see if they had her among their ranks. The idea that Deuce might have left because Soran herself had gone missing had not been far from her mind, perhaps New Dawn had been to painful for her after the dark female's exit, perhaps she had gone to seek her somewhere else and found herself a new home? The ebony female could hope, she wanted more than anything for the pale female to be safe and happy to see her, for her to be back in her arms. She would trade anything at the moment for such a thing to happen.

So the ebony pelted female was walking Westwards, she knew that if Deuce had gone to any of the other packs then Zalen would have known, he knew Soran's ties with some of the other packs and would have informed her if Deuce had said she was leaving to search one of those. So her only hope was to go and search westwards. The sable female had heard others speak briefly of a pack, one which the intended to go and check now that the hurricane was over, the name began with an S, but she could not quite remember what it was. So she was walking in order to find this new pack, she skirted past the borders of one, making a mental note to perhaps visit it on the way back. Soon enough she caught the scent of a pack, she slowed as she approached the borders, coming to a stop at the invisible line of scent that marked where the claimed territory began. The sable female, in her four legged form, sat down and gazed about the lands, her jade eyes ever watchful, ever cautious, but also hoping for a glimpse of a familiar pale pelt. She tilted her head back, causing the two feathers attached to her fur on the left hand side of her face to flutter slightly in the breeze. She opened her dark maw carefully and let out a loud howl, a call of friendly greeting, asking for someone to come and meet her so that she might talk to them. Then she made herself comfortable and waited patiently.

<style type="text/css">
.sorspring b {font-weight:bold; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sorspring {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0dec0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b55wo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #776f61; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#776f61; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.sorspring .words {text-align:center; font-size:20px; font-family:'Delius Unicase'; padding:0px 0px 10px; line-height:20px; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring .ooc {margin:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style>

Table by the fantastic Raze (Vesper) <3<3
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Big Grin Quite alright!

Her pace across the territory was brisk as if bound by purpose yet there was none the she-wolf could speak of. Simply, she was elated for no other reason than to be despite the neglect of her mate alone with his thoughts, and the complications and duties that awaited her when she could reclaim her senses.

Purposeless bounds and the drag of wild, long tresses abruptly turned to an excited sprint toward the borders of the territory. With the cleansing rains the collective scent had been washed away without so much as a hint to tell of the inhabitants within. The task to reclaim them was a chore to say the least, but with the combined efforts, it had been accomplished, and to know of them fulfilling their intended purpose again made the female smile with tongue lolling from between parted jaws as she ran. A tree could have collapsed in the vast field then and there, and still the woman would have found a reason to smile. Be it that now there was a landmark to create a hill with snow in the winter, or that another cache had been created by nature itself, she would smile with tail wagging and eyes twinkling delightfully. It was the sort of day that made her glad. A day she could bask in.

Nearing the borders she sounded a greeting call of her own, pausing briefly to gather her breath and raise her voice excitedly before resuming her sprint at length til a sharp, dark form stood against the damp green and fading flora. In her wake trailed her proud red mane, accented with the glossy black feathers and tawny plume of her avian companions. Some found late blossoms adorned her crown, courtesy of a would-be stoic male, fastened to the feathers with glass beads that caught glimpses of the light and shown just as brilliantly. For one that had been so ill days...weeks before, one could hardly see the remnant of ailment upon the smiling face. Though her steps still favored her hind legs to keep unnecessary pressure from front. But simply, she was much too glad to let the briefest pain show upon her muzzle.

"Goodday to you!" the Nomad exclaimed, never pausing in stride as she crossed the border and greeted the elder female politely. Immediately her quivering nose caught the fresh scent of New Dawn upon her which furthered her already wide smile. "Such a pleasure to see another wolf of New Dawn. But I regret that I do not know your name Ma'am." The Nomad stood tall but with tail continuing its excited sway. "I am X'yrin our Family's Issor-Alpha and Shepard. What may I do for you on this fine day?"

456 words.

[/html]
[html]

nowhere to be found
Hee hee, I like this thread already Big Grin
WC: 710

The ebony pelted female did not have to wait long, her ears pricking and swivelling as she caught the warm tones of a friendly reply, the two silver hoops at the tip of her left ear glinting in the sunlight as the velvety appendages moved. The voice seemed female, but it was not Deuce, the disappointment was easily masked though and the sable female sat a little straighter as she awaited the owner of the voice. As she waited the panicked thoughts crossed her mind once again, where was Deuce? If she wasn't here then where would she be? What if something terrible had befallen her? Well there was no question about what would happen if that were the case, the jet female was a placid, relaxed and friendly soul normally, but harming her family would cause a rage within her that even frightened herself, it brought about a cruelty, a brutality that was uncharacteristic. The jade eyed female had walked for two weeks in order just to find her adoptive daughter's killer, she had abandoned her pack, her family and friends, she had risked her life to avenge her adopted daughter, if anyone had dared hurt her beloved pale mate then that would be a tiny thing compared to what Soran would be willing to do. The only thing that she had ever been grateful to her father for was the relentlessness she had inherited when needed to protect those she cared about or avenge those who needed it. Luckily, unlike her psychopath of a father, she knew her limits, she did not need to attack and kill under false beliefs, it would take her to know for sure that someone was definitely in the wrong for her to even contemplate confronting them, further thought was needed for considering injuring them. The placid female was most certainly back in her usual, motherly phase of life, there was no need to be the little hellion of the past.

Soran had very little time to think on all of this as soon enough a female form, a Secui wolf form appeared in the distance, approaching very quickly, Soran would have been alarmed at the build normally, only ever using her own Secui form for wartime, but the cheerful, welcoming call had been enough to put her mind at ease. The female approaching had a sandy or even golden hue to her fur, with almost a russet mane. The female that was approaching did not seem to slow in her stride as she gave a cheerful greeting, crossing the borders to meet Soran.
“Hello to you too.” The female greeted, a smile tugging at her lips as the female raced towards her, sniffing at her. Soon enough she figured out that Soran was a New Dawner, she was cheerful and pleasant as she spoke to the older, dark female, which caused a smile to fully form itself across Soran's face as the female greeted her, she waited until the female had finished speaking before she replied.
"Well it is very nice to meet you X'yrin, I am Soran Aatte, a subordinate of New Dawn, but I was their Beta before duties in another land took me away for many months. Soran replied, but paused and let out a wistful sigh, realising all that her revenge had cost her.
"I am here for two reasons, firstly New Dawn want to know that your pack is alright, I feel awful but I cannot remember the name that I was told, I am aware that it begins with an S. So I am here to see if you are coping well after the awful storm that has passed through here. And secondly, I am looking for a female, my mate, she has gone missing, he name is Deuce, she is snowy white and has one yellow eye and one blue eye and... she is around my age. You haven't seen anyone that matches that description have you?" The coal pelted female added, realising that her tone changed to a sad desperation when she spoke of Deuce. Beyond everything she hoped that this kindly new female had seen her pale mate somewhere recently. Oh, please. Please, please, please. Was all the green eyed lady could think.

<style type="text/css">
.sorspring b {font-weight:bold; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0dec0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b55wo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #776f61; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#776f61; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.sorspring .words {text-align:center; font-size:20px; font-family:'Delius Unicase'; padding:0px 0px 10px; line-height:20px; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring .ooc {margin:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Sept. 29th | Secui- Long mane with Vulture and Owl feathers | Peppy and Optimistic

She was quite glad to find that her mood was not taken strangely, but instead with a smile as bright as her own, furthering the seemingly festive air. As if a single creature could make it so. She did manage to calm herself just long enough to hear the elder female's intentions before her heavy legs brought her up and prancing around the darker lady surprising ease and dexterity. This little check up was quite warming for the Nomad, as it was a positive reminder that there were friends of the Family beyond their borders. The bond shared with Zalen was in a sense proving itself worthwhile if it incited kind moments like this with pleasant company.

"Truly, we are grateful for your concern," humbly, the she-wolf dipped her auburn crown after coming to a pause at the end of an excited bound. "The wolves of San-gi-'lak-" she took care in pronouncing the Family name to aid in committing it to memory "-are fortunate to have considerate neighbors like yourselves. Certainly when the waters have receded, our land must play host to a gather to appropriately thank the Dawn wolves. But I fear Ma'am... I have not seen your mate..." Still in pause, the golden form seated herself at last before the kind female offering a relaxed position to convey ease in her presence.

"Our Family is small," she admitted with not shame but pride, "and I have came to know the name of each face. None of her description have made a home here, nor have I or any of our Family seen a lady of that likeness. But, it would be foolish of me to assume they have never crossed her path. Perhaps one has and simply thought nothing of it. However," her ears perked and brows raised in thought. "If you'd like, you are more than welcome to speak to the Family yourself. I understand the need to find one that is lost...especially if they are your beloved."

331 words.

[/html]
[html]

nowhere to be found
Smile
WC: 778

My word, this female's joy was infectious, despite the sable female's worry about her mate she could not help but smile, her tail wagging rather furiously simply because of this cheery female's presence. Her jade eyes and dark head followed as the female pranced around her, a small laugh being emitted from her maw as she watched her, a cheery, delighted laugh, oh to be so happy must have been wonderful, this female was certainly lightening the dark New Dawner's mood greatly. Soran could not quite get over how this female dwarfed her in size as she pranced around her; in her Lupus form she was a medium sized wolf and in her Optime form she was one of the tallest female wolves in the lands, she was thin and willowy with her size, but still she was used to being larger than most females around her. Having a Secui wolf next to her reminded the sable wolf of how small she could seem around others; small but strong, she was fierce when she was needed to be so, she would never react in a violent way to one who didn't deserve it, but to someone who hurt her family she could be vicious and savage, she had proved that when she had killed the bear that had killed the bear that had killed her daughter. But now there was no need to be anything like that here, she was happy and friendly and wanted more than anything to be that way, she had fallen back into the need to mother others, to look after the younger wolves around her. Soran smiled as the female spoke, saying how grateful the wolves of the pack were to have neighbours like New Dawn, this made Soran smile even further, her tail wagging a little harder, the female spoke the name of the pack, Sangi-'lak, and Soran paid careful attention to it, she had always trusted her memory, having a mental map of the entire lands so knowing the name of this lands was important to her.
“I am grateful to know that New Dawn has a friend such as your pack, I have been away for so very long, but being their former Beta, I love them as dearly as a family.” Soran replied, a smile playing on her lips still as she did so. She liked this X'yrin, she seemed like a very pleasant wolf.

The female spoke again, sitting beside the dark lady as she did so, Soran was pleased that she was conveying information about Deuce, but she could not shake off the feeling of sorrow as she said that she had not seen Deuce, her ears flattening against her skull, not in an aggressive fashion but one of sorrow. She listened as the female continued to speak, her good mood flattened as the female explained that she had not seen anyone even fitting the description she gave. But what she said gave hope to the sable female, someone might have seen her and not thought it important... and she was willing to allow Soran into the lands to ask, gratitude washed over the dark female as she listened, had she been in her Optime form she would have hugged the female tightly to her.
"Thank you, thank you so much, that is so very kind of you." Soran said instead, moving to nudge the female's chest with her nose, a gesture of gratitude.
"If you don't mind though, before we enter the pack lands I would like to change forms, I hope that's alright." Soran spoke again, moving away from the female and stretching before beginning the shift into her Secui form; this was something that was difficult, the older female was well practiced at shifting quickly between her Lupus and Optime forms, but to shift into her Secui form required thought, she had to shift to her Optime form and stop halfway. The dark female padded slightly away from the female and began to shift, her legs lengthening, bones creaking as they did so, her body lengthened as well, her mane grew from her head, her short hair before lengthening and making the feathers that had been tied there make sense, once her mane grew they fluttered in the wind and danced. The whole shift took only a few minutes and when the sable female had shifted she turned and grinned at the younger female.
"I would love to meet the family, thank you." She smiled as she spoke.
"So tell me, how long has this pack been here?" Soran asked as she walked back to X'yrin, waiting for her to lead her across the borders.

<style type="text/css">

[/html]
[html]

The day was blessed by the Ancestors, she would say. Though nothing too extraordinary had occurred thus far, this encounter did wonders to keep the elated smile on her muzzle. And that alone was enough to encourage the Nomad’s belief that she remained in her forebear’s favor as they granted her this much needed visit of good spirits.

As the elder female began to change her form, the Nomad politely excused herself a little ways back to offer room and courtesy for the transition. Her ears were twitch to the sounds of stretching flesh and resetting bone, but as a reflex to these auditory sensation than in a disturbed manner. She admired shamelessly the growth of the dark mane and sizable increase of the elder body. Though weathered kindly by experience, she still exhibited the physique of a worthwhile, and able creature. No doubt her prior rule was Beta was well deserved if bequeathed by physical prowess alone. But surely that title was given for more than physical appearance. After all, the lady Soran knew how to conduct herself, but what she had seen thus far, without she overbearing air of authority. It was pleasant to say the least.

X’yrin then stood when her guest’s change was complete and took a step beyond the scented threshold inviting the Dawn wolf to come along. When asked of her Family’s settling, she raised her head proudly with tail high and chest swelling. “We are coming to the end of our first season,” she claimed softly, albeit confidently. “And by the Ancestors’ blessing, there will be more to come.” Guided by excitement she quickened her pace toward the strong façade of the mountain within sight. On flighty paws she loped through the wild grasses but was careful to keep her much of her weight from her front shoulders. It made for an awkward run but she thought little of it, especially when a glimpse skyward earned her the sight of her ever watchful companion. She whined to him marking the dark form in her presence as friend, not foe before placing her attention upon her again. “Hopefully the friendship between Sangi’lak and New Dawn will be preserved for many seasons,” smiling, X’yrin continued from where she paused. “Ah. And please forgive me for not asking, but how has New Dawn prevailed over the storm? All members and keeps intact? Our Family may be small, but what we lack in numbers, we make up for in skill if need be.”

416 words.

[/html]
[html]

nowhere to be found
Smile
WC: 853

The sable female felt much better now that she was in her Secui form, she was now able to talk to X'yrin without having to look upwards in order to look into her face, it was much more comfortable than craning her neck to meet the Sangi'lak female's amber eyes. This way they could talk on an even level, the sable female could not help but feel a little liberated at not having to look away from her face as she spoke, it was something that she could often do in her own pack now, New Dawn liking the hierarchy of dominance which required the ebony female to avoid direct eye contact with those who were higher ranked than she was. Soran did not mind it of course, it was the way that the pack ran and the ebony lady respected that and was willing to follow all of the rules to the letter; but that didn't mean it wasn't nice to have the freedom to look another in the eye as she spoke to them. She smiled as she looked at the female, the small act of politeness, the golden hued lady turning away as she shifted, had not gone unnoticed; Soran liked that, she respected manners in others greatly and was glad to see that many of the wolves within the lands still had them and held them in high regard as well. The ebony female stretched out once again, her now elongated claws leaving small marks in the damp earth as she did so. She turned back to the female and couldn't help but smile, her tail wagging as she did so. X'yrin stepped over the scented borders of the pack and Soran followed, her manners would not have allowed her to cross over them uninvited after all, she would not lead the way, though that was partially because she had not been this far West before and was unsure of the way.

Ears pricked to attention as the other female spoke once more, explaining that this was the pack's first season in these lands, Soran nodded as the pair trotted along together; that meant that the pack had been formed just after she had left New Dawn, she really had missed a terrible amount of things in her absence. The amber eyed female spoke again, saying that with any luck from the pack's ancestors that they would be here for a long time; wolves believing in a deity was not an unusual thing to the sable female, she knew that her own pack would not like it most likely; however the ebony furred New Dawner was accepting of such things. She had read many books on humans and often they had chosen a deity of some kind to worship, she had even seen the crumbling monuments to them before, having been inside many old churches, one of which lay to the North of these lands, she supposed that it was gone now though, burned away in the fire. She had also known some other packs to worship deities, some more than one at a time.
“I hope that your pack is indeed here for many more seasons, I assume the Ancestors are your deities? You worship them?” Soran replied, this talk of the ancestors had piqued her curiosity, it rekindled the lust for knowledge that she had always had; that was of course why she had read so very many books in her lifetime. X'yrin spoke again and Soran smiled.
"I would very much like to continue this bond we have between the packs myself, I certainly hope that the rest of New Dawn and Sangi'lak feel the same." She replied, she had noticed the way the female was avoiding using her front legs as much but was unsure of whether or not to comment upon it or not, after all it was very easy to be too curious, Soran wanted to be tactful and not upset this new found friend. Soran smiled and her ears twitched as the female spoke again, asking how the pack was fairing after the storm. This deflated the mood that Soran was in somewhat, thinking of the devastation of her pack lands. The ebony female gave a small sigh as she slowed slightly in her bouncing pace across the lands.
"The lands are not too badly damaged; there are broken tree boughs and a lot of the grass has been battered into the ground, everything is still rather damp, the sable female paused and chuckled."But I'm fairly sure that it is nothing that we can't fix if we work together, everything will dry out eventually. Although two of our members have gone missing. But I believe that that was before the storm hit the lands. My mate, Deuce being one of them of course, as far as I know no-one was injured in the storm. I hope that is the same for your pack?" Soran responded and asked, genuinely hoping that this pack was doing well. She had already been told that they were fairing well but she wanted to know more details about them.

<style type="text/css">

[/html]
[html]

Led by fair weather and optimism, the female escorted the kind elder deeper into the territory whilst taking care not to let her strides part the pair too greatly. But not and again it could not be helped, for the excited, lengthy strides carried the autumn woman swiftly albeit with a stumble now and again as pressure was applied to her sore forelimbs. Eventually her excited march dwindled to a progressive canter until the rough terrain gave way to smooth lush grasses encouraging again the smooth lope through the fragrant path.

She was very attentive to the elder, taking care to note the acknowledgement to the Family's Ancestors, but was kind enough not to correct outright. She simply hummed thoughtfully as if preparing herself for a counter of sorts before taken by the news of New Dawn's status. At least the group fared better than the mountain wolves, but the sound of it. Still the Family were picking up the scattered remnants of their lands but with the outlook that what could not be found could of course be rebuilt with time and care. Though the Nomad was disturbed to hear there were some that were lost because of the storm...

Surely they would be found. "I am confident the Ancestors can see your plight, and will guide your steps to find your mate and the lost other," glancing over her shoulder, she replied to the dark female. "We do not look to them as our deities, but as the forerunners that have walked the paths we have in their lifetime and bequeath to us the knowledge to walk successfully. They look upon us as a parent would its child and know the challenges and wonders that we have yet to experience. But just as there are earthbound creatures with varying moods and ways to gain favor, so do those that have come before us. It is the belief of my particular Family to gain favor by singing to them when the white eye of the night sky was fully opened. We come to them with but a single desire, and if our walk upon the earth was good and decent thus far, we would be looked upon and have our want granted. Perhaps if your beloved does not return to you before then, I will ask the favor of the Ancestors for you-"

Graceless, if ever there was an example of it. The rain did wonders to soak the land and nourish it for growth, but also did it weaken the ground to heavy steps like those taken by the inattentive female. One misplaced step and the ground opened beneath her right forelimb, pulling her down muzzle first into a heap of gold and red. The yelp that escaped was so sharp and quick, had any been at a distance from the site it could hardly have been said to have occurred at all. But to close witnesses, it was an embarrassing sound and sight. Dropped down to her side X'yrin lied on the ground for a moment, a stunned expression prominent on her face but was rapidly being overwrought but pain as it was felt from her grounded side.

"Ow..." she groaned in the midst of tucking her crushed limb beneath her and forcing herself up to stand. It trembled as her rose, the weight baring down upon it causing a disturbing pain as she managed to sit herself up. "Shall we-" her leg nearly slipped from beneath her "-shall we pretend that did not happen?" She managed to smile though embarrassment pulled her muzzle into an awkward smile. "I must be getting lazy..."

606 words.

[/html]
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/M8XiI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

I'm really sorry for the wait on this! I didn't realise that it had been so long!
WC: 848

The ebony female was enjoying this run in the lands, it was nice to stretch ones limbs and canter along without a care or a worry, it was nice to feel happy and relaxed for a moment or two. To just be able to run without being chased or chasing something or someone, to be running for the sake of running rather than because one was rushing to get somewhere, it was nice; the sable female felt like a young wolf once again, the carefree feeling of youth washing over her. She found a small laugh somewhere deep inside her and it escaped her lips as she ran next to this pleasant autumn pelted female. It was certainly a way to blow the cobwebs from her mind as she ran, the dark wolf felt a little better about the situation she had found herself in, her lover was missing and she felt that she had let her pack down by leaving, but right at the moment she felt so much better, like there was still hope for everything, that Deuce would be found safe and well and be so overjoyed to see her and that she would finally feel better in the pack once again, like she mattered and meant something to them. Soran listened intently as X'yrin began to speak, she was pulling ahead of the sable female and was looking over her shoulder as she spoke to Soran, the lithe female sped up her pace to make it easier for the orangey female to speak to her. The autumn wolf seemed confident that her pack's Ancestors would see Soran's plight and help her, her confidence in the subject gave the dark female hope as she mused on it. X'yrin then began to explain what the Ancestors actually were, it seemed that they were not deities, that they were in fact, something like spirits that had walked these lands before, Soran smiled a little as she thought of that, it seemed that this pack's beliefs and her own habits were not so different. After all how many times had it been that she had felt lost and alone and found her way back to her old friend and Alphess Phasma's grave? How often had she sat before the slab of carved stone and explained her plight? She had frequently asked her long dead friend for help and guidance, sometimes she had felt that she was using the cold slab of stone as nothing more than a sounding board, thinking aloud, but sometimes it seemed that Phasma was watching over her, helping her and guiding her, pointing her in the right direction. Perhaps that was where the sable female needed to go now?

The sable female smiled softly as she listened to the female speak, this autumn woman seemed so very kind and friendly, Soran had warmed to her quickly and greatly, the dark female honestly liked her very much. It seemed that she was about to offer to help Soran by asking the ancestors to help her in one of her singing rituals, calling to the moon it seemed. The dark lady was about to open her maw to thank her but all that came out was a short, sharp "Oh!" as the autumn female fell forwards, letting out a cry of pain. Worry crossed the ebony pelted female's features as she looked at the younger female laying there, the older female quickly skidded to a halt, padding towards the female once she had stopped. She watched as the female tried to get to her feet, one of her front limbs shaking as she attempted to sit up, she said ouch and sat up. She suggested that they pretend it didn't happen, that she was getting lazy, but the jet black female was concerned, the way that her leg shook when she tried to bear weight on it, that looked like the female had hurt herself.
"Oh dear X'yrin, are you alright? It looks like you might have hurt yourself, you seem to have injured your leg, do you need help?" Soran asked, she could not help but be concerned for the younger female, the need to mother her coming easily and rapidly. Soran was a natural mother nowadays, she adopted many wolves that crossed her path, the lost, the lonely, the injured, or those who simply wanted someone to be there and care for them in times of trouble. The jet female was concerned by X'yrin's fall.
"Thank you by the way, thank you so much for your offer of asking your Ancestors to help, you have given me an idea in fact." Soran replied, her green eyes filled with genuine gratitude, but also concern for the autumn coloured lady. She knew the need to put on a brave face in front of wolves that one did not know well, but all she wanted to do was help the younger girl, the ebony female was a fair healer after all, if the bone was unaligned then she could at least return it to the correct place.

Gorgeous table by the very talented Aoves
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Sorry for the shortness!

The spill of autumn was little more than a tumble, albeit a sound one that was surely cause for concern. Yet the Nomad was determined not to show her pain so blatantly and curled the lips of enduring pain to a soft smile of gratitude for the elder female's worried words.

"It is alright, truly," X'yrin voiced though her assurance waned as her vocals trembled with embarrassment. The attention drawn to her leg force the limb to still despite the radiating pain focused more on her joint as opposed to the whole limb. "I do not think it is serious. My legs have not been as strong as they used to as of late. I'm just getting better after a cold is all...perhaps I rushed the recovery." Or perhaps she truly had damaged her leg and was too stubborn to let it be looked at.

But thankfully, she needn't entertain the thought, and was glad to focus instead on this idea the ebony female had. Resting comfortably on her rear to allow the pain of her front leg to ease, she looked to Soran with ears perked and brows reflecting interest for what the kind lady had in mind. "Have I?" she inquired in awe. "Might I ask what sort of an idea?"

208 words.

[/html]
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/M8XiI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

No problem, feel free to write as much or as little as you like when you're threading with me, I honestly don't mind Smile
WC: 564

The sable female could not help but be concerned by X'yrin's fall, after all she had slipped rather suddenly and the large pair had been racing along at quite a pace, even at a slower speed she could have hurt herself, but in their Secui forms they were faster than they could be normally, Soran worried that this younger female really might have injured herself. She padded closer, the autumnal coloured female smiled at her, seeming to be trying to reassure the jet pelted female, Soran replied with her own smile, but still moved closer, her green eyes fixed on the wobbling leg, well practiced eyes scanning up and down it for any signs of injury, a warped joint perhaps, a lump or a bump that was not supposed to be there. X'yrin said that she was truly alright and Soran nodded, but still she kept her eyes on the leg. X'yrin spoke again, saying that it might be the cold or that she had rushed a recovery, at this the sable female's velvety brow furrowed a little, an old injury flaring up once more perhaps?

"I'm sure that you are fine X'yrin, but I'm just going to check, please allow me to, for my own peace of mind. I would hate to allow a friend to walk around injured when I am capable of helping." Soran spoke in reply, her gaze meeting the autumnal female's own, she gave a warm smile, showing that she was genuinely just a little concerned, that she wanted to help those around her and at the moment that was the Issor of Sangi'lak that stood before her.

Tentatively the sable female lowered her head a little, sniffing near to the golden hued lady, it was one of the quickest ways to check for blood of course, her keen sense of smell being able to detect the smallest trace of the coppery fluid. This had been something that had saved lives before, an unseen injury could easily sniffed out once you knew the scent of blood. It was another scent that caught the sable female's attention though and her jade eyes widened, she raised her head to look at the autumnal patterned lady, her eyebrows raised in slight shock.
"Well now I am really keen to check you over, I doubt that you have, but you could have hurt the pups in that fall." Soran stated, her tone warm although strained with a little concern for the unborn life that might have just been squished by a tumble. The female then asked her what idea had come to Soran's mind and the lady smiled, it was wistful but also hopeful.
"I realised that I do something that your pack does. When I am in trouble I go and speak to my friend, a very old friend and my former Alphess. She's been dead a long time, she's not my Ancestor, but she's always been a great help to me, I feel that she has often steered me in the right direction. I think I will go to her grave soon and see her, perhaps she'll find a way of showing me how to find Deuce." Soran replied, she gave a warm smile as she thought of her ebony friend with the silver eyes, a wonderful, motherly female who cared very deeply for her pack, her friends and her family.

Gorgeous table by the very talented Aoves
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

The pain worn upon her sleeves was hardly something to moan over. Had she been home with the collective and suffered a similar fall, very likely they would tell her to rise and walk through the pain. If something more came of it, then she would rest but know that her body was still weak. Showing pain would have been...laughable in any regard. Surely if they could see her now, her antic and reaction would have been poked and prodded over amidst bouts of laughter, but she cared little about it now. She did what she could to mask her pain and allowed the ache to radiate from its source until it was gone at last. She did feel find, but had learned not to turn down an aiding paw even if it seemed unnecessary. The Nomad smiled albeit hesitantly as she folded to the elder female and nodded. Her posture was stiff initially but gradually melted to a more relaxed state as she was carefully examined by a more skillful eye.

Whilst she remained still, X'yrin let her mind drift, looking up for the lush obsidian fur to the clear blue that enveloped the sides of the mountain. She wondered what more she could do for the lands, her Family. How would they begin to recover from the aftermath of the storm. The Family's allies were lacking a best and surely the wolves of New Dawn had their own repairs to their lives to make. They could not call upon their neighbors at a dire time as this, less they start off their relationship with need, like helpless wolves looking for a handout. No...they would find a way to carry one in one form or another and only look to the alliance as-

X'yrin's ears perked up suddenly and head whipped around to Soran. "Pardon?!" The Nomad about yelped in shock at the dear woman's words. Oh she had heard her speak of pups and her friend now passed... but obviously she had missed something during that time. "What pups?!"

341 words.

[/html]