this is how an angel cries.
[html]

ooc; she's in optime and somewhere around the village. :B

She was bound again.

Slowly her azure eyes fluttered open and groggily she looked around, trying to focus her gaze. When the haze lifted she suddenly wished she was still asleep. Ksenija was in the cave again. Again? She questioned to herself, wondering when she had been here before. With a sinking feeling, dread sat like a rock in her stomach and she began sweating, panting loudly. " You're back. "A voice from the corner stated, clearly pleased with itself at her return. The russian stared accusingly at the disembodied voice, a vicious growl rising in the back of her throat. With a cackle the maniac separated himself from the shadows, and her eyes widened in fear. It was him. He was no more than a cloud of black smoke in front of her, with a wicked smile that revealed yellow fangs and dangerous crimson eyes.

Ksenija struggled against her binds, wearing the skin and fur beneath the ropes even more and discovered this time her muzzle had been strapped shut as well. “ Oh dear Ksen, you won’t be getting away this time. “ He said, looking pleased with himself. The ominous black cloud approached her slowly, building up suspension until he arrived directly in front of her. A spectral hand appeared, holding a jagged dagger. He tossed it from one ghostly hand to the other and pretended to look bored, then stared directly into her eyes. A chilling cold pierced through her and even seemed to go through her soul as she fought to tear her gaze away, but could not. “ I wasn’t able to finish my work last time. This time, it will be done. “ He snarled, thrusting the dagger forward until it impaled her in the spot where her heart would have been. A burning pain more intense than anything she had ever endured erupted and she screamed a guttural sound, except that it was silent. Then everything went black.

With a start Ksenija woke, panting heavily as her vision swam. Where was she? Panic began to rise until she remembered that AniWaya had taken her in, and she was somewhere within the packlands. Confused, she looked around. It wasn’t where she had remembered the giantess and her helped taking her. On shaking limbs she pushed herself up, feeling every bit as bad as she had yesterday afternoon. The surroundings weren’t familiar, so she must have walked away while dreaming. The wolf was drenched in a cold sweat and even though it had only ended seconds ago, she could not recall what she had dreamt about. All Ksenija knew was that it was bad, very bad. Her feautures looked skeletal, skin pulled back tightly against her bones. Ribs jutted out and her hips did as well, and she noticed discomfort.

Taking a moment to look over herself, she noted with some surprise that her wounds had been dressed. Off-colored bandages were wrapped around the entire length of her arms, chest and neck. She almost looked comical if one could look past her obvious malnutrition and sickliness. A deep cough wracked her skinny frame and she spat blood at her feet, now used to it. Everything ached and she was very hungry and thirsty, so she headed back to where the village lay in hopes of finding someone who could help her get some food and water.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 455 OOC: Saqui is optime and her spirit guide is visible what little info of her is in saqui's profile Smile

Saqui’s pain in her arm was less now, it was casted and in a sling, so that it would heal well and whole so she could use it again, so she let the new healer tend to her or she would have pulled everything off in a fit of unhappiness. She sure did itch that was for sure. SInce her home had been destroyed she had been staying in the town hall longer than some of the wolves. Other’s stayed too as many of the huts had been demolished and homes washed out.

She was feeling restless so she got up and left the hall, walked down what had once been a packed street, now it was an extremely muddy street, though the feet of others were patting down the earth hard again. She moved out to where her home once was and then looked at what was left, which was jsut the foundation She had been far too worried about helping the pack and the animals, then in so much pain because of her arm, she had lost everything, even the small garden she started. She felt terrible, but she supposed taht was how the great spirits wanted it. Awenasa waddled around her, looking over the debri that lay all over her mouth munching on wood here and there, though she really didn’t touch much of anything, she was just acting as a live otter normally would; “Yes it was devastating, but you can start anew” She said waddling over to Saqui. She was very odd walking on the ground, though she tended to ride on Saqui’s shoulder often, she was very graceful anywhere where water was. It had flooded, but the water was washing out now and most everything was just mud and more mud. Saqui nodded then turned to a sound of shuffling feet, and the scent of blood Her heart leaped to her throat at what she saw.. She had seen the woman come in earlier but who she was, Saqui did not know, she just knew she was now a new member

“Are you OK ma’am?” She asked hurrying up to the woman, she saw the blood mixing with the mud where she spat and saw the numerous bandages, what had happened to this poor woman; “Here let me help you, where were you going, you really should be laying down.” Her only good hand held out so she could help the woman in whatever way, her bright blue eyes gazed on the newcomer in hopes she could help after all they were pack now and she looked like she was in far worse pain that Saqui was herself.

<style>
.saqhorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saqhorse p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

Ksenija winced as she moved, ears flattened against her gaunt skull. She felt about as worse as she looked, which was pretty bad. The russian had know idea why this had happened to her, and who she was before. What her life was like. It was impossible to have just came into existence yesterday, but it felt like she had. She had a name, but not a birthdate. The woman didn’t even know how old she wash. It was blank. Did she even have a family waiting for her to come home? With half-seeing eyes she looked around, trying to grasp her whereabouts in the world. Maybe this was home. Perhaps it had been fate that erased her mind and left her on a southern packs doorstep. Maybe this meant she was where she truly belonged. Even though every part of her hurt, she still felt the land sing to her. Either that or it was delirium.

Suddenly a new scent invaded the area, one that rose above the heavy scent of mud and rotting vegetation scattered everywhere. There was a lighter scent attached to it, though it smelt a bit off. Finally a woman appeared near where Ksenija was stumbling in from. Her eyes widened in concern and Ksenija just looked at her, almost blankly. “ I don’t think I am doing so great. I was heading to the Great Hall, actually. I’d appreciate if you did. “ She said, her accent lighter and less pronounced with how softly she was speaking.. As she moved closer to the chocolate coated female, she held out a bandage arm for the other to hold and happened to glance at her arms in the process. “ Oh! “ Ksenija breathed in surprise. “ What happened to your arm? “

Ksenija knew that beneath her bandages with deep cuts and slashed, crudely fashioned runes carved into her upper arm while her forearm was decorated with more injuries. Quite a few of them were sewn together, to wide to heal themselves. Even though it hurt to even move her arm ( and the rest of her body ), she couldn’t imagine what a broken bone would feel like. Visably wincing at the arm of the other woman she looked away, embarrassed. Ksenija didn’t usually wear her emotions on her sleeve but with how weak she was it was hard not to be less reserved.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 374 OOC: Whee fun!

The woman seemed to take her with suspicion which Saqui expected she was unarmed as she could not use her bow, though thankfully it was the only thing salvaged out of her home before it was entirely destroyed. She would never forgive herself if she ever lost the bow that her father had given her. She smiled as she moved toward Saqui who helped support her then headed to the Town hall, which was what she figured she meant. She was new and not all the names could be remembered she thought, and the woman seemed at odds, though the quiet was interrupted as she had just gotten to support the woman; “Oh this? I broke it, during the hurricane, a horse spooked and he reared up and hit my arm, it is a small break it will heal in a month’s time.” The woman assured her. She was still useful in some ways, She couldn’t move her shoulder yet because the pain would still lance over her own body but she could say that there would be no physical evidence of her broken arm.. This woman from the blood, and the heavy bandages, had a different story to tell.... and that that story would show even if the fur grew over.

She walked slowly to the Town hall, giving the woman a good slow pace, it would take longer to get there, but with all the pain she was in, Saqui didn’t want her moving more than she had to; “I think there is a little food and some water in the Town hall as well, that’s where I am staying myself... The hurricane took my home. The great spirits feel that I should make a new one I suppose.” The woman said absentmindedly, looking at where her hut had once been. The few that were around them were damaged in one way or another, some like her own others just needed a repair job and some only had evidence of where they once were by the packed earth where the interior had been. “Oh my I have been very rude, I am Saqui Utina.” She said feeling horrible she had not introduced herself yet.

<style>
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

Ksenija felt very old.

Her mind was tasked with a heavy burden, if she didn’t know what it was yet. She felt like she had lived fifty lifetimes and none of them had been good. Each more terrible and twisted then the next. It was if there was a curtain in the corner of her consciousness, fluttering in the wind. Inviting. No matter how hard she tried, how hard she laboured and thought about it, she couldn't move herself any closer to it. Her memories called to her, much like a lovers soft whisper in her ear, but were carried away on the wind. There was no hope of recovering them in this state, no matter how much she wanted too. Without realizing it, Ksenija’s eyes brimmed with tears and her breath caught in her throat. It seemed too much for one wolf to deal with.

Silently, she willed the tears down and wiped at her eyes with an injured paw subtly as her new found companion spoke.. Perhaps she had gotten some dirt in them. “ That is good to hear. “ She replied softly, her eyes trained on the ground in front of them as they made their way to the Town Hall. Damn. There was so much to learn in her new home, but she was eager when the pain cleared to absorb it all. Ksenija was in debt to Ulilohi, and she wanted to prove that once she was well she could contribute much. “ I hope there is.. I haven't eaten in.. well.. a long time I guess. “ The russian woman looked at herself again and winced, all that she was bones and skin. Even if there was a lot of food there, she would only be able to eat the smallest bit or risk retching it up shortly after consuming it.

Saqui. That was a pretty name. The woman beside her was very pretty, chocolate coated with darker patches and striking blue eyes, much like her own. She was attractive, and Ksenija felt a pang in her heart that was almost painful. It must mean that she had once held the affections of a lover once. Sadly she looked at the ground again, noting that they were close to the Town Hall. “ My name is Ksenija. I had a last name but I can’t remember it. I don’t remember anything prior to coming here, to be honest. “ She said quietly, punctuating her words with a heavy sigh.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 382 OOC: Wheee fun hope you don't mind the lil bit of pp i did to get them in and her to sit. if you do let me know i can change it up a bit. About 10 minutes pass when she makes the broth ^^;

Saqui was not blind to the tears, but she did not voice it out. The woman wasn't trying to hide it but Saqui believed that she must be a proud woman as she herself was. She wouldn't want any stranger asking her what was wrong. They made a steady pace to the town hall, the woman spoke slowly and quietly, probably trying to preserve her breath and energy, “I think I can make you some broth, there is some meat there, but you look like you won't be able to handle too much, especially if you haven't eaten for... well if you cant remember...” She was used to making broth for herself when she felt sick. It was a learned trait that she wasn't the best at but to anyone who had not eaten, food was food.

“You have a beautiful name. I am sorry you cannot remember anything though. I hope you will learn more soon.” She said sadly wondering how she would feel if he lost her memory for any period of time. She helped the younger woman into the town hall, and found a place for her to sit. “I will be back, I must get what I need and make the broth.” She said, then hurried away to start making the broth for the woman, she would just boil up much of the dried meat they had, to bring the flavor into it, as well as any nutrients she might need to start recovering. This was how she did it before, and when asking the healers was told it was a job for the healers to do and not her, so she never learned exactly how to prepare it. Right now though... the only healer was not around. There was a fire already going and she used that to boil the water and bring out the flavor of the deer, which is what Saqui suspected it was. Once done she put the broth, with little chunks of the meat inside it, eating whatever was left herself and hurried over to where she left Ksenija. She handed the woman the broth with a wooden spoon and smiled; “I am not the best at this but it will help satisfy your hunger I am sure.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

The stormy woman perked up at the mention of food, looking hopeful. Her stomach had shrunk to the point where it no longer growled or made complaints, almost as if it had given up. Much like she had until the mottled male at the borders had come along and saved her life. Ksenija hadn’t seen him since, or the leader, but she was sure she would happen along them soon. Then she would make her gratefulness known and showcase her skills. If there was lack of food since the hurricane the self-proclaimed ranger would track some deer and pay her dues that way. “ You are probably right. I’m sure what little you can offer will be more than enough.. I’ve almost forgotten what food tastes like. “ She gave a small smile to Saqui then, deeply appreciative of her comrades caring.

Ksenija nodded at Saqui’s words, betraying no emotion though the words struck a chord. It was a beautiful name, but she couldn’t place it’s origin or where her accent came from. Again she nodded absently when her companion left, peering at the bandages on her hands. Who was she. Where had she come from. The russian sat down on the dirt floor of the hall, closing her eyes and laying down on her back. Her silver hair fanned out around her, and her bones stuck out in a painful looking way. She would have to restart her life, it wouldn’t be easy and she didn’t know if it was even worth it. Saqui appeared some time later, and Ksenija awoke from her light dozing to observe her cooking the broth.

Her sensitive nose wrinkled as she inhaled the pleasant scent the liquid emitted, and she smiled again - bigger this time, when her companion offered her a bowl. The woman set the wooden utensil down beside her, she wasn’t used to using such things. She tipped the bowl to her lips without letting it cool and let the delicious liquid slide down her throat. It burned her tongue, but Ksen revelled in the sweet feeling of pain. This was good, it felt nice. The broth pooled in her stomach and she continued to lap at the bowl until it was clean, taking almost no time to chew at the small bits of meat that was added to it. A satisfied sigh left her lips as she slid her tongue over her debri-ridden muzzle. Seeing as she hadn’t eaten in a long time, she was a bit of a messy eater.

“ Thank you.. That was delicious.. “ It truly was, her small stomach was full and she felt a little of her energy returning. She had a long way to go, but at least she was on her way there.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 203 OOC:

Her heart went out to the woman as she admitted she’d forgotten what food tasted like. She could almost believe her words too as she was nothing but skin and bone. She wished she could help the woman with her memory but the best thing she could do was to get her nourishment and the broth would do her good, so she sat quietly after preparing the food and handing it to Ksenija and watched as she ate, chewing on the little bits of meat. Saqui was just happy to help the woman in any way she could

“I am very glad you enjoyed it. I am not the best as I said, I am no cook, but it should help you regain your strength.” She said quietly, suddenly feeling shy towards the woman. She was in no way socially awkward but what could you ask a woman who lost all but her first name? “If there is anything I can do for you let me know I live in here myself since I lost my home.” She said, not sure of what else she could say to the woman, not what else she could say to her.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]