shores of a solar sea
[html]

Word Count → 532 :: p. auntie tayui. she's somewhere near the northern borders. 3:45pm. And just so you know, I gave Honoré dissociative fugue disorder. XD

South. No, west. Mésange had no idea where she was going, or where this road would lead. Her destination was where the sun died down, as her father had explained it. She couldn't miss it, he'd said. If she encountered the ocean, all she had to do was veer south and follow the coast until she encountered the concrete city of Halifax. It was her most important checkpoint. From there, she would ask for directions. Honoré wasn't the most reliable with directions, but her gut instinct told her that she was headed the right away. Despite being a walking oddity, his big heart more than made up for his eccentric personality. He had left them once again, as he'd done many moons ago. He normally returned unscathed and according to their village's wise man, her father could not be blamed for these episodes where his mind would erase all traces of his identity and loved ones.

Memories and recollections of his past life resurfaced weeks, sometimes even months later. He would come home, confused and unable to recall where he'd been. Everyone back in Nicolet knew him well enough by now; nobody paid him any mind. Mésange, unlike all the others, took the opportunity to spend time and cherish the moments she had left with him. One of these days, something told her that he would not make it back to her. She loved him, as wholly and unconditionally as any daughter could. She listened to his stories; most revolving around his sisters and brothers, and a strange little niece with a baby duck. The vast majority of this tales were disjointed and made no particular sense but she'd never once doubted his sanity. She had aunts, uncles and cousins out there!

Truth be told, Mésange could not handle the pity thrown her way. Her father would know where to find her once he came to his senses. She would be waiting for him in Aniwaya with Dawali the tribe leader, and his sisters Aurèle and Tayui. It was only a matter of time until she made it there, and introduced herself to a family she'd been dying to meet. They would at least try to understand, wouldn't they? Her travels had been delayed by a massive storm and Mésange had temporarily sought refuge in Freetown, where she'd met a group of nice merchants. They had given her food and shelter in exchange for the woven bracelets she liked to make. Now, several days later, an agglomeration of scents wafted up from the south. She avoided the first pack, careful not to cross any boundaries. The Québécoise could not have foreseen a second pack so close to the first, but it was still avoidable.

While she wanted to continue and reach the ocean, as Honoré had instructed her to do, she dubbed it important to stop and ask for directions- just to make sure she hadn't strayed from the right path. Mésange threw her head back, allowing a long, high-pitched howl to resonate throughout the woodlands. Surely someone would hear her. She could only hope it was someone kind enough to redirect her accordingly.

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 95px 0px 0px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... plate2.png); background-repeat:repeat-y; background-position: top right;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
I wonder if Hoho thinks he was Santa ever
[html]
[/html]Now that the hurricane had more or less dissipated, leaving a swaths of broken land in its shadow, Tayui was feeling confident enough to venture out into the vestibules of the broken world. It was strange seeing trees completely uprooted and when it was dead silent, it was quite eerie. The sunlight made the world look too harsh and garish, especially at this time. It was a few hours past noon, so the sun was strong and warm. It still felt wrong and strange.

Tayui was jarred out of her contemplation with the sound of a call at the borders. She didn't recognize them, but once she realized how close she was, she decided to take a look. Now that she was a member of a pack again--a home--she thought it would be best to contribute in whatever way possible. Attending to loners at the borders seemed like a good start.

She responded quickly, howling in response so that the newcomer would know she was on her way. It only took her about ten minutes to find the wolf, a pretty young thing, waiting patiently. Since the other wolf did not seem threatening, she trotted up and barked a greeting.

"Hello," she said, and then paused, wondering how much she should say and how much she should demand. She hadn't attended to a newcomer at the borders in quite some time. "I'm Tayui Aston. You've found yourself at the borders of Vinátta. Can I help you with something?" she asked. [html]
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 453 :: -snorts- Hohoho!

Mésange tried to distract herself by allowing her thoughts to stray, or counting the number of fallen trees before her. Anything to suppress the anxious thoughts for a moment. It worked for seconds at a time, although never long enough to completely relieve her mind from the crushing weight of anxiety. She took a moment to consider the extent of the damages caused by the storm. It hadn't been this bad back in Freetown. The winds had been heavy, yes, but obviously not comparable to what had befallen these lands. The Québécoise could only hope, for this pack's sake, that they'd had sturdy enough shelters to shield them from the storm. She thought of Aniwaya too, the tribe located several days south-west from where she stood. Had they come out of this unscathed? And Honoré, wherever he was- she could only hope he was roaming his native province and not this area.

Too many thoughts were tossed around in her head, it made her nauseous. Or perhaps the anxiety was doing that. An answer to her request helped her regain her bearings. It gave her something to hang on to. Whoever this person was, she had been kind and courteous enough to alert Mésange of her upcoming arrival. Help was on the way. Her feet remained planted firmly in place, as if the muddy ground was enough to keep her from moving freely. It certainly felt like gravity had become so extreme that moving was an impossible feat. So she waited, fiddling with her bracelets and humming nervously until a light-pelted lady emerged from the woods.

''Hello,'' she replied, a sigh of relief escaping with the last syllable of her greeting. Mésange then realized she hadn't come up with a speech or even a vague idea of how to explain her situation. And she didn't have to. Her facial expression froze in a mixture of shock and disbelief when the woman so kindly introduced herself. Honoré's daughter took a moment to examine her, noting the dichotomous irises and the color of her pelt. If this was her father's sister, then this had to be Aniwaya. ''I am sorry. This is not Aniwaya?'' she blurted out incredulously. Her pastel gaze scanned the vicinity, hoping to find an answer amidst the damaged scenery. Perhaps the tribe had migrated up north. ''I am looking for this tribe, with Dawali the tribe leader. Where Tayui and Aurèle live, sisters of Honoré Bélanger. You are-'' she took a moment, a flustered look straining her features. It was difficult, expressing herself in a language that wasn't hers. ''T'es- T'es ma matante? Est-ce que tu m'comprends? J'm'appelle Mésange.''

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 95px 0px 0px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... plate2.png); background-repeat:repeat-y; background-position: top right;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
Hehehe... exactly Big Grin
[html]
[/html]Tayui was quick to realize that something was off. The wolf, who had jarringly pale purpleish-pink eyes, seemed confused when she introduced herself. When she spoke up to say more than just a ‘hello,’ Tayui noticed her accent, reminiscent of the French she spoke as a child. She shook her head in response, unsure why the girl would think this was AniWaya if she had only just introduced this pack as otherwise. It took a few more moments and what seemed to be only growing confusion on the other girl’s part, but soon enough, she explained herself. When she trailed off, Tayui wasn’t sure if she should nod (she was indeed Tayui) or shake her head (this was not AniWaya).And then, just as quickly, the girl switched into French, now finally identifying herself.

“Ouai,” she replied slowly, finding that she could already slip into bad habits, “Juis Tayui, mais c’est pas AniWaya, this is Vinátta,” she replied, jumping into English when she realized it felt strange to speak in French about her new pack. “AniWaya, il est… il est au sud d’ici,” she replied, unable to remember how to properly even speak French. Was that correct? Could she say that?

“Eh, Mésange… who are your parents?” she asked, almost as an afterthought. If she was supposedly Mésange’s aunt, who was she?[html]
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 323 :: --

She felt so completely flustered and helpless. Her optics were wide and earnest, hanging onto this woman's every word. The french she'd answered with was broken yet understandable, her joual revelating her true identity and consequently, confirming Mésange's assumptions. She smiled a little, nodding excitedly at the prospect of finding the aunt she'd heard so much about. Finding her was an achievement in itself and she should have been grateful. But this wasn't Aniwaya. She would not find Dawali the tribe leader here, nor would her father ever come looking for her in Vinátta. This was all wrong. Tayui belonged in Aniwaya, not up north. Her aunt's french faltered, making way for English; a language she obviously felt more at ease with.

Tayui explained things further, indicating that Aniwaya was farther south. It still existed, despite the fact that it obviously was not her home any longer. Prelude irises looked above and beyond the trees barring her path, to the south where she thought the tribe was situated. ''This is not Aniwaya. This is Vinátta,'' she repeated quietly, her hope faltering. A shiver ran up her spine as doubt settled in the back of her mind, making her wonder if she'd ever make it to destination. She lost herself for a moment, absently rubbing her arms warm. It was her aunt's inquiry that brought her back to reality; she dipped her head, staring at her paw-feet for a moment before providing an answer. ''Camphre et Honoré,'' she muttered, visibly perplexed. Tayui couldn't be blamed for not knowing who her parents were - Mésange looked nothing like her sire.

''My dad and me, we will meet where the tribe is someday. You should be there too. In Aniwaya with our family,'' she expressed with firm conviction, having dreamt of this reunion for quite some time now. ''Our family is still in Aniwaya, or in Vinátta?''

<style>
</style>
[/html]
WC: 366
[html]
[/html]Tayui felt bad seeing Mésange so heartbroken. She didn’t want to hurt this unknown niece of hers, but it was unavoidable. And really, she hadn’t realized that her admission—that this was not AniWaya—would affect the girl so strongly. Tayui wondered why Mésange wanted to find AniWaya so badly. So, when the girl repeated her words back to her, Tayui nodded slowly, wondering what the confusion was about. She had a sinking feeling in her gut and she was concerned that the reason would be direr than she would like.

When Mésange spoke again, for a moment, Tayui wasn’t sure why. Then she clued in and remembered that she had asked who her parents were—Honoré. Once she figured that out, she tried not to let the surprise show. She didn’t want to be rude, but Honoré had never indicated that he wanted children; though, she should have known. He had been so good with Noir, a natural, even: a wonderful parent, she was sure.

Mésange explained why she was so upset and Tayui nodded in understanding. Yes, she could see why the girl was so upset; it ruined her ‘family’ and put them in completely different packs. Tayui wished she could have returned to AniWaya, but not with Anu. It wasn’t possible.

“I was in AniWaya for a long time,” she replied, smiling. “A lot happened and I left for a while. I was a loner for a time and I live here now with my mate. A lot happened and after I left AniWaya, I wanted to return, but my mate and I wanted to start fresh,” she explained. “My son, Claudius, as well as my nephew, Anatole, still live in AniWaya. My other son, Attila, and my daughter, Ocèane, I think intend to return. They’re both traveling at the moment. I’m not sure if you know of Anatole; he’s Aurèle’s son. They’re both in the tribe, but I’m here now. You can continue to AniWaya and if it’s not what you want, you are welcome to join Vinátta. I am sure that they would accept you. Honoré will have to come through this way, so I’ll receive word, likely, if he does.” [html]
[/html]