The Calm before the Storm
[html]

OOC: Back-dated to August 21st in light of me disappearing and missing the RP opportunity. xD

WC: 235 - Short, but just an intro. Following posts will be longer!

She was starting to get used to being confined to the den, even though she still considered it an injustice and a slight on her rank. Augustus spent most of his time patrolling and Ciara spent hers brooding, but lately she had a little secret. She’d snuck out of their den weeks ago and patrolled on her own, way before she even trained with her mate. The girl enjoyed carrying this little secret, even though it wasn’t a huge deal. It was thrilling to go against her mate’s strict regime, to know that she could hold her own even if she hadn’t managed to convince Augustus yet.

He was gone again and had been out longer than usual, but she wasn’t worried. The golden girl was lounging in the sunlight, taking advantage of the last few weeks of summer. It was a huge change from the dark cage that was their den. Being outside, and not having to deal with her mate’s overbearing attitude was a welcome break. She was close to the bank of the river, and stretched languidly until her belly was on the grass beneath her and she could dip her muzzle into the water for a drink.

She couldn’t know that her mate was on his way, ready to tear into her for not only sneaking out but meeting a random male as well.

Her relaxing afternoon was about to end.

<style>
.coc-sdb02 {width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.coc-sdb02 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px; margin:-20px 0px 0px 0px; }
.coc-sdb02 p {padding:10px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.coc-sdb02 b {color:#98c1cf; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.coc-sdb02 .inner {background-color:#0f1110; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color: #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#535d66; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:272px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; width:398px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

That's Auggie...Blowing this entirely out of proportion >.>

Word Count →

This was insulting, worse than insulting. Who did this stranger think he was? Did he think he could protect New Dawn better than Augustus? New Dawn's business was New Dawn's it was their concern and theirs alone. This wasn't his pack, this wasn't his home. The behemoth snorted, dashing his claws against a near by tree. A rogue snarl ripped from his muzzle when his paws hit the ground. The dog, Alister, his name was Alister...He had to remember. He'd met Ciara, had spoken to her. And Augustus hadn't heard a damn word about it. That incensed him most of all, more than the man's easy manner and the weapons he so skillfully held. If she had told him...yes, he would be angry with her, enraged, even, but at least they would have been over it by now. Her deceit only made everything worse for the man that had known betrayal more than once already in his young life. What he'd done had been for her own protection. The border was safer than the lands beyond. If she called there, help would come, but the further she traveled from them the more danger she was putting herself in. Growling he hunched his body and bounded towards the den where she should be.

His steps were heavy, angered, and his pelt was in full bristle. When he drew nearer he roared her name, "Ciara!" His woman was a fighter in her own right, but still she was just one wolf, and this Amy bitch had proven too much for even Tharin to handle. His brother had crossed the border in a pitiful state all broken with bleeding wounds, and scars upon more than one area of his body. Augustus had been there, had cleaned his wounds himself...If that had been Ciara...His heart pained just to think of it. It had been torturous watching Deuce and Soran attending to her broken ribs, to go through that again...He thrashed his head to the side, now was not the time to be going soft. She lied to him, not directly, though, but the fact that she hadn't told him had been condemnation.

The behemoth came to a screeching halt as he caught her scent floating on the summer air. So she wasn't in the den. Panting, he turned and adjusted his course. "Ciara!" He called again, eyes sharp. Soon enough he caught sight of her radiant pelt, and stopped himself in the distance, taken aback by her beauty as she soaked in the last of the summer sun. Quickly the snowy male corrected himself, turning his gaze to glare at the ground as he growled. His approach was deliberately slow as he held his tail and ears aloft. Stiff-legged he stepped right up in front of her. Yellow eyes held her in his stony gaze, neglecting to soften in her presence. "You disobeyed me, Ciara..." Augustus's voice was still husky from lack of use and he spoke quietly, though his body trembled with rage. "Did you think I wouldn't discover your little secret...?" Pearly daggers were revealed beneath his black lips and the behemoth spoke through his bared teeth. And just in case she wanted to play coy he prevented the lie before it could happen, laying the evidence of her betrayal out before her. "I met your little friend..."

<style>
.augwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8CTKy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#f7fbff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:345px 0px 5px 0px; color:#858484; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #858484;}
.augwolf b {color:#785634; text-shadow:#858484 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.augwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.augwolf p.ooc {font-style:italic;}
.augwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #785634; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Oh poor Auggie. ._. WC: 500

She hadn’t meant to insult him. The girl just wanted the freedom he’d robbed from her. She was the same rank as him and could patrol just as well as he could. She knew his reasoning was only to protect her, but was it only because she was a female? Surely if there was another male Epsilon Augustus wouldn’t treat him the same way as he did Ciara. She wasn’t just his mate, she was his equal.

All of these confident and proud thoughts would have been nice to have under Augustus’ cold gaze, but Ciara sadly was without. She was completely unprepared to see him standing over her, not having heard him approach. She instantly felt a chill when his usually warm eyes (to her anyway) met hers, and quickly averted her earthen gaze. Ciara could tell he was furious before he even explained his ire, for the shouting of her name and especially his body posture were telling of his mood.

The golden female subtly shifted backwards at her mate’s slow approach. He came right up on her anyway, and when he pinned her with his furious gaze she instantly stilled. A whimper rose in her throat and she averted her eyes quickly, looking down at her crossed paws. So he knew about her meeting Alister. How? How could he possibly have known? None of the New Dawn wolves knew, because Ciara had kept it from everyone. She didn’t necessarily have anything to hide, but she’d been trying to prevent this exact situation.

“Alister?” she said, her voice sounding meek even though she attempted to sound normal. Augustus was an unsettling wolf even to her, but this was one of the few times she’d actually caught him angry. The last time had been nearly two months before when her heat had drawn Zalen to her. The girl had known then that her mate was angry, but he hadn’t confronted her. The thrill she’d felt at seeing him angry (because damn, it was sexy) was absent this time around.

Right now, she just wanted to calm him down.

“I know you didn’t want me to leave the den…but…you kept me there and I’m an Epsilon too,” she murmured, eyes remaining on her paws. “I wanted to patrol on my own, and I left the territory but not by very much.” She winced, then, not knowing if Augustus already knew that she’d actually stepped off New Dawn property. She was likely making it worse for herself. Her tail curled tightly around her frame – not quite tucked but almost – and her ears folded flat against her head.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you…I knew you’d be angry…”

<style>
.coc-sdb02 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px; margin:-20px 0px 0px 0px; }
.coc-sdb02 b {color:#98c1cf; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.coc-sdb02 .inner {background-color:#0f1110; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color: #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#535d66; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:272px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; width:398px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count →

Augustus turned his head with hers trying to force her to meet his gaze. His fangs retreated a bit, though his muzzle remained wrinkled in a silent snarl. When she murmured the name it only solidified her guilt. The only consolation he had was that she hadn't lied to him, and the name was a spot on match to the one the wolfdog supplied him with. "Yes the two-legged mutt." The behemoth snarled. "And don't worry, my dear, I chased him off." A slight smirk curled his muzzle then, "he won't be coming back." Augustus was quite pleased with himself, not that the wolfdog had challenged him, but he'd been armed, even with his weapons the behemoth must have looked rather imposing. It gave him some sort of satisfaction that he could instill in others that sort of fear, while at other times it served only to annoy him, like those rare occurrences when he was actually trying to help.

He remembered that day with Zalen and Titania, he remembered it vividly and his eyes wandered. This was the very same pool where it happened. The irony of the situation caused his pelt to bristle a bit more. It was unsettling. That day for the first time he'd wanted to challenge his Alpha. Though he'd quickly submitted, he never trusted Zalen fully again, not like he had before, and the sable's male's every word, every move Augustus analyzed with great scrutiny. If he tried again, he would be at the mercy of the behemoth's fangs. A low growl rumbled through him at the thought and he stepped forward until his forepaws were on either side of his mate's shoulders. He buried his muzzle into her scruff roughly sniffing to ensure that his scent was still mingled unmistakably with hers, that his claim was still as fresh as they day they'd became mates.

Her words caused another grown to bubble forth. "I doubt that half-breed had balls enough to trespass, Ciara. Where I found him he was barely within scent range." Augustus snorted and backed away from her, beginning to pace to and fro as he did often when he was trying to control his temper. Her soft words called his attention again. "Damn right, I'm angry, but this only makes it worse. You should have told me once you returned. I shouldn't have had to find out from a- a stranger!" Alister's words angered him further as he'd pleaded for him to go easy on her, trying to make it seem like it was his fault, but she was the one who had disobeyed.

"I can't let what happened to Tharin happen to you, Epsilon or no." He shuddered again to think of it, the scars, his broken leg, the missing ear. That couldn't happen to his Ciara. "You belong to me, Ciara. And I won't let you get hurt. I won't." The behemoth had so few friends, and no kin here to speak of, save Ciara, and if something happened to her he'd be alone once again. Just as he had when they'd found his brother's broken body limp in the snow. He paused in his pacing and turned his head away as his yellow gaze softened, and refused to look at her.

<style>
.augwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8CTKy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#f7fbff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:345px 0px 5px 0px; color:#858484; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #858484;}
.augwolf b {color:#785634; text-shadow:#858484 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.augwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #785634; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 400

She’d been avoiding his gaze on purpose knowing the power it held over her. Those eyes could lift her spirits or make her crumble depending on his mood and the occasion. With a whine she conceded and looked up at him, flinching when he snarled at a comment she made seconds later. Her ears twitched and folded back even more, tail snaking its way between her legs to hug her belly. She didn’t bother stand up, but voted to stand where she could at least pretend to disappear into the ground. When his nose thrust against her scruff she froze and went still, half expecting him to bite her scruff as repayment for disobeying him.

“I know I should have told you, and I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to lie to you…it was kind of like,” she frowned, and then lowered her gaze again, unsure what he’d think. “It was exciting…not meeting him…he was sort of boring, but knowing that I’d disobeyed you…” She murmured, lowering her head to her paws and hiding her nose in them sheepishly, blushing beneath her fur. The thought of getting reprimanded was the most exciting, but this was hardly living up to her expectations. Ciara was a submissive little minx waiting to be unleashed, but now Augustus was truly mad at her and it was painful to see and hear.

He was scared too, and she could see that clearly. The golden girl hadn’t had to receive an injured pack mate from the borders. She hadn’t seen a first-hand view of the scars Amy left and the damage she could do. She sighed miserably and lowered her gaze again when he mentioned Tharin, flinching. “I’m yours, love, forever and without a doubt,” she said softly, the sombre notes of a promise written in her words. She would be his mate until she died, no matter what happened.

When he moved away to pace and then turned away from her she finally stood. Ciara shuffled close to him while keeping herself low and tipped her head up, nipping beneath his chin and licking at his face both tentatively and submissively. She then moved closer still and pushed her nose against his scruff and moved along, letting his chin rest over her back. If he pushed down with his chin she’d submit completely, wanting him to know that she’d follow his wishes, even if she didn’t always agree with them.

“I’m sorry.”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count →

He nodded agreeably at her comment about the wolfdog."Talked too much," he responded with a short nod. At least they could agree on something right now. It even made him feel a little better, he hated brutes like that, too showy, even Alister's mane looked groomed. In fact, Augustus seemed to be able to hold every last detail of his appearance against him, even his voice and his posture. He spoke like a foreigner and stood straight backed, not like way he'd seen Zalen standing. He was pleased that his mate hadn't been interested in him, but what she said next shocked him. Yellow eyes were thrown wide open and for a moment he gaped at her before quickly his jaws snapped together and he growled. "You like me being angry with you?" He didn't know what to say, what to think, what to feel. It was surprising, something he wouldn't have expected from the golden woman who lay before him, tail tucked and ears flat with fear. Seeing her like that caused his insides to churn. A growling whine rumbled in his throat.

A tremor crept down his spine as he thought it over. Why would she enjoy making him angry? It was insane, but at the same time... His brows furrowed as he looked over her. He couldn't know how he looked when he was angry, how he sounded, he'd no idea what she found so thrilling. Women he thought, finally dismissing it with a twitch of one of his charcoal ears. A sigh huffed out of him and he looked away a moment. Her own sigh sounded as miserable as he felt, but his anger was slowly ebbing away. Augustus whined at her serious admission. He wanted so much to be mad at her still, and he was, a little, but his temper was within his grasp once again. She soon sidled up to him as he paused. He tossed his head away from her submissive licks emitting a grumbling growl from his muzzle.

This didn't last too long, and he soon gave in, eventually extending his own tongue to lap very briefly at her muzzle. He was still frowning, though. Her body snaked beneath him until his muzzle rested on her back, where it remained. He breathed in her scent, an occassional growling whine emitted again as the massive brute was torn between being angry with her and forgiving her. Augustus huffed grouchily, releasing the tension in his body into her pelt. Narrowing his eyes he glanced sideways at her before opening his muzzle and nipping her scruff in a half-hearted attempt to discipline her, though it hadn't been even remotely close to painful and he grasped only fur.

He was still confused, however, and though he thought he'd dismissed her words from earlier, it crept back into his mind. Contemplative, and with the ever present frown he asked, "Ciara...What exactly did you mean when you said it was exciting, disobeying me?" Another small growl laced his words as he reiterated her statement from before, vexed by a meaning he just couldn't grasp. He lifted his head from her back in order to look at her, yellow eyes more curious than angry.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: This post was so, so much fun to write. Sorry about the wait. My computer died and I had to wait for funds to buy a new one.  WC: 690

She’d been counting on Augustus being so distracted by his anger that he wouldn’t hear that comment. Now one of her few secrets had been exposed and she didn’t know how to handle it. Instantly she blushed, so fiercely that he might be able to tell through the short fur covering her nose and ears. It would be the first time he ever saw his mate blush, that was for certain. She instantly looked away from him, scuffed her paw on the ground, and tried desperately to think of something else to talk about – though a suitable new topic escaped her.

She cast tentative glances at him, actually watching the thought process as it played out on his face. He was bewildered by her admission, confused, and at the same time she could tell there was a hint of intrigue. Well, maybe she would be able to tell him. He wasn’t disgusted or claiming she was crazy. He was making sounds that crept down her spine and made her tremble, even as she stood to brush herself beneath his chin and try and soothe him.

When his chin rested over her lower back she sighed. As he applied pressure, her earthen eyes widened a little and something within her tightened. If she knew his questions she might answer them, but explaining herself was going to be the hardest part. She was going to sound like some crazed fiend for sure and he’d turn her away, never again to make an advance on her. She was consumed by this fear, so much so that she even missed the comical twitch of his ear.

Another whine came forth from her mate and once again she shivered, offering a soft whimper of her own. It seemed that he’d forgotten her little admission and now she could focus on trying to make him less angry with her. She knew where she’d gone wrong and wanted to vow to him that it wouldn’t happen again. If he had gone sneaking off to the borders to talk to Luperci females, she’d be equally as mad. He was hers just as much as she was his.

Then his teeth were on her. She tensed up again and whimpered sweetly, submissively even though he wasn’t punishing her nearly as committedly as she’d like. Once again she damned herself at the thought, wishing she could just be a normal wolf and like normal wolf things. No other female had ever spoken to her of enjoying the dominant nature of their mate. She couldn’t help it, just the sweet threat of his teeth, the deep growls he made…the way his eyes burned when he was being stern with her. Another shiver ran through her and she pinned her ears, ducking her head just as he brought the dreaded subject back to the drawing board.

“It’s nothing, I--…” she started, before his small growl melted into his words. That had her questioning whether or not it was worth it to keep the truth from him. Sure, him trying to get it out of her would be fun and might show him what she was talking about, but he was clearly confused. She owed him the explanation after dumping such a strange concept on him. Drawing in a deep breath, she slipped out from beneath his chin and turned to face him, her blush evident once again as her gaze dropped to her paws.

“When you’re angry with me it….makes me feel strange things. Good things. I…I find it…sexy? I think that’s the word the Luperci use. It makes me think of things like…” she paused, mortified, “like mating. Of you being…dominant and…” Oh, how could she possibly be saying these things out loud?! “…taking me…” She murmured finally, her ears now completely flat on her head and tail hugging her legs from sheer embarrassment.

“Please don’t….laugh….or push me away. Well, if it’s as strange as I think you’ll find it and you don’t want to…well….I guess I could just…” she glanced over her shoulder and whimpered, unsure of what to do.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

So, I've decided that Augustus's voice sounds like young Harrison Ford like in Indiana Jones, yeah! lol.

Word Count →

As harsh as the north and just as cold the black dusted male's relationship with his golden consort appeared perplexing to outside eyes. The male's behavior was often reckless at best, and he rarely, if ever, thought through his actions. He was traditional to the last, lingering on the threshold of carnal. The only feature that distinguished him as a modern wolf in the post-apocalyptic world was his speech. He spoke in high speech just as the luperci who dwelt among them. There was little else to distinguish him from one of his ancestor's. So few understood him, already far more adapted than he who seemed to always remain the same. He was like a stone, remaining implacable and unchanged, save for a chip here and there, as life wore on. He communicated with his body more than his words, and within him was the insatiable urge to dominate, passed down from his mother and father, the alpha pair of their wintry domain. Even Ciara was not exempt from this and his tail remained at a rigid horizontal in line with his spine.

She whined in return, and it sent a chill down his spine to hear it. She was embarrassed, lowering her head and pawing the ground. This only caused his brows to knit and he looked over her confused, and...intrigued. She was about to dismiss his question, but paused. He could hear the embarrassment in her voice. His black rimmed ears perked, and her behavior made him nothing if even more attentive. He really wanted to know now, and he reclined to his haunches when she pulled away. His yellow gaze was glued to her. The orbs narrowed and his head lowered to follow hers, encouraging her gaze upwards. He wasn't going to let her shy away from this, though his countenance wasn't nearly as aggressive as it had been before.

She stuttered and her voice halted here and there, but he was determined not to miss a single syllable. His muzzle parted in question, but closed gently and he waited out her explanation. His visage changed with nearly every word she spoke. His brows knit a harsh line when she paused. He could smell her fear at this admission, but he didn't say a word or think on it until she completed. His muzzle was set in a contemplative frown. A tremor ran down his spine when she mentioned mating. Black rimmed ears perked up and he growled. The one thing she hadn't allowed him to do, and it excited her...Then why hadn't they? How could she be afraid of it, and excited about it at the same time? Was this how women thought? They could feel multiple emotions at the same time? It was kind of hard for the guarded male to grasp, but he tried, Luna knows he was trying. His ear twitched and a strange anxiety began to take hold of him as he thought deeper into it. Did this mean she was ready, did this mean she wanted it now, wanted him?

He hadn't given it much thought lately, with the patrols and Amy he acknowledged the frustration that it caused him, but as far as physically consummating their mateship, he hadn't pictured it. He knew he wanted it, he wanted her, but he had little experience in the matter as well. The stoic male didn't let the anxiety register on his impassive visage. He just gazed at her, eyes blank. Hastily she tried to withdraw from it, whimpering, with her golden tail tucked between her back legs. A pink tongue pushed out of his muzzle and he licked at his lips before stepping towards her. His neck pressed forwards and he nudged her head to face him. His eyes were soft, the way she'd stumbled over her words was endearing and he could not bring himself to face her with a harsh visage. "Ciara," he said in a calm, quiet voice. "wolves mate for life...or they used to..." he said referring to the phenomenon that wasn't all too uncommon in these modern times, mates leaving each other, finding new ones. "but fuck them!" he growled, shaking his head dismissively. They were free to live their lives how they wished, he would never count himself among them. "I believe in that still. You're mine, for life, no matter what." His eyes sought hers, making sure she understood what that all entailed, before he bothered responding to her statements from before.

"I'm not a gentle man, Ciara." He admitted truthfully, she most likely knew this by now. He was a tense creature, the muscles in his bulky frame constantly prepared to spring into action, and his muzzle often spewed venomous words to friend and foe. "I think about this all the time, I want you. I was beginning to think you didn't want me, that I was too harsh..." This was a relief, getting this off his chest. He was still taken aback, but in a way it was exciting. He felt a strange fluttering in his stomach when he spoke, but he kept his gaze on her. It was hard, talking to someone, but with Ciara it felt natural, he could speak his mind without fear or apprehension. "You're easily more beautiful than all of the women in this pack. I can't even look at any of them." he spat as if the very thought of them disgusted him. Sure, there was Palaydrin, and Kiara whom he had a better opinion of, but his Ciara trumped all of them. "They're weak, but you...You're strong. You're stronger than all of them, and that's why you're mine." He growled the last word, and lifted a paw, hooking it around her neck to pull her possessively to him.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +450

She’d been sure that he’d turn her away.

Her admission was so strange, so unlike anything that was normal, that the girl was certain her mate would no longer want her. So when he moved closer to her she flinched for a second, unsure what to expect, until he merely nudged her face until she looked at him. Glancing up and looking into his eyes had her relaxing, and slowly her muscles let go of the tension they’d been clinging to since she’d begun to explain. A sigh left her lips in a huff of air.

Augustus began to speak and his voice was soothing. Her nerves, raw from facing his anger and then her own insecurity, felt as though they were being coated in warmth. Her ears twitched and slowly lifted so they were no longer paper-flat against her head and her tail hung at a normal, relaxed posture. Even when he expressed his anger at the other wolves, the silly ones who didn’t know what being mates meant, she was still very relaxed.

I’m yours no matter what and you’re mine, she said, her voice soft and filled with adoration. I know what kind of man you are and I love you for it. You are strong, and able to protect me if I need it. You’re also learning that I don’t always need it and you’re letting me be strong, too. She said. Her deep brown eyes looked up into his as she spoke, and continued to hold that gaze as she went on. I want you, but I’ve been afraid. I’m getting better…I’m learning things that surprise me, like what I’ve told you this evening, and I know it means that I’m closer to being ready.

A brief splash of guilt went across her face as she said this. I’m sorry that I’ve kept you waiting so long…it’s girlish and weak of me, but I promise you I’ll make it up to you, she murmured. The blush that’d been present since her admission grew darker when he spoke of her beauty. I’m glad my appearance pleases you. You are very, very…sexy. You’re handsome, but you’re also sexy and I’m noticing that more and more lately.

When his paw lifted and pulled her closer she pressed in happily. She nudged at his throat with her nose and then tilted her head up, licking gently at the corner of his snout. This was what she assumed was a kiss, what she’d seen other mated couples do. Normally her licks to him were playful greetings or submissive apologies, but these were different. There was passion and adoration in them, as they doted upon his face, with her warm golden body pressing ever closer.

<style type="text/css">
.ciaramoose b {font-weight:bold; color:#8a6c32; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e250f; }
.ciaramoose p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.ciaramoose {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hywiQ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#140501; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.ciaramoose p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.ciaramoose p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]