Tell me what have I done?
[html]
http://i50.tinypic.com/351wnit.png); background-color:#bd749d; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 375px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

Backdated to August 9th | Dusk

She managed to break away from Kai, but she knew it would only be for the moment. She didn’t doubt that he was out looking for her right now, following her scent of blood that she left behind. Axelle managed to get enough ahead of him, and she reached the river of Musquidoboit Valley. She didn’t hesitate to climb into the water, and try to push whatever blood was left over inside of her, out. As soon as she entered the water, it turned into a big red cloud. The currents pushed some of it away, but for the most part, it stuck around her.

Her feelings were torn apart – her usual tough front was gone. She sat in the shallower parts of the river and let the water take the blood from her fur. She refused to shift into Optime form, as she was scarred from seeing her mother. She felt dirty in that form. It felt unnatural to her. She wouldn’t do it.

She whimpered quietly to herself. She did it. They were gone. Any bloody chunks she found in the forest were pieces of her puppies. Her and Kai’s puppies. Dead, done. Gone. And it was her fault. All of it was her fault. Why did she have to be so stubborn? Why couldn’t she have waited? It was Kai’s fault too, though. Why did he have to bring the slave home? Without meeting Abella, Axelle wouldn’t have known where Tyko was – and none of this would have happened. She growled to no one but the thought of Kai. And he had the nerve to act like he cared? She continued to snarl. All her thoughts were jumbled, but most of her arsenal pointed at Kai as the wrong-doer. Watch him show up – she would have to give him a piece of her mind.

307 words | 3+10 points

Table style credited to the lovely Zyn!
[/html]
[html]
Ooc text goes here. [WC: 500 || Pts: 5]

Tracking Axelle had been relatively simple. Drops of her blood acted like crumbs, allowing him to follow her direct route with ease. He had one priority. To get Axelle medical help, not only for the cuts and gashes, but for the deeper wounds she had suffered, the internal damage that had been done. Everytime he thought about what had been lost, his soul turned a little blacker. His pups. Their pups. Gone. Bleeding out of Axelle at this very moment, left in bloody chucks all over the forest.

Eventually, as he heard the water of the river up ahead, he knew what she was doing there. She was cleaning herself up, washing herself down. It would help but it wouldn't heal her wounds. Moving silently towards the banks, keeping as low as he could on his belly in Optime form, he peeked over the riverbank, and he saw her in the water. He saw the red in the water, too. Kai heard her snarl, knew deep down that it was meant for him. Kai had learnt lately that whenever Axelle was upset or angry, touching her, in fact, approaching her at all was ill-advised. It only brought on more of her wrath, and so emerging from his spot, Kai slowly approached the river though not near Axelle. He emerged a little further upstream from her, letting her see him. Letting her know that he had found her, and that he wasn't going anywhere. Moving to the waters edge, Kai dipped his hands into the cool water and began rubbing at his own fur, splashing himself a little in the process. He knew that she saw him. He had backed down enough for Axelle - he had let her go to Tyko, had let her go without him. Well no more. He was putting his foot down with her.

Calling out to her with stubborness in his voice, his eyes fixed upon her. "You do not get to decide on what is right for me, or what I deserve, Axelle. I do." A voice even held a hint of a growl - he had cried for his pups and now his focus was their mother's welfare. "And whether you like or not, you are what is right for me. You are what I want, and I can't sit by and watch as you bleed to death in front of my eyes. I've done enough sitting by lately. You either agree to come back to the caverns with me right now so a medic can take a look at you, or I come over there and knock you out and I drag you there by force. It is your call." Now, Kai's eyes blazed - he meant every word he said. He had always been stubborn, never one to back down, but she had resisted him, she had told him to stay behind while she met her father and he had agreed, with such dire consequences. He wouldn't back down on this one.

<style>
.Kai04-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.Kai04 i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.Kai04 b {color:#f2f2f2; font-weight:bold;}
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i50.tinypic.com/351wnit.png); background-color:#bd749d; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 375px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

Ooc text here.

She could scent him before she could actually see him, but she knew he was around – that he found her. She stayed where she was, letting the water take whatever chunks of blood that still remained in her fur, out. She watched him from the corner of her eye approach the water a little ways downstream. Ah, so he learned. He learned not to come near her. Smart wolf, she thought viciously.

She kept obvious eyes off of him, and also kept quiet in her little area. She watched as he approached the water and splashed some on his wounds, and then he spoke. Her ears tuned in, but it didn’t mean she listened. ”I get to decide what’s better for me,” she mumbled to herself – not expecting him to hear her. She still kept her eyes off of him, despite now snarling clearly at him. ”I’m not bleeding anymore.” Was a pure lie. She was, but the water subdued her leaking for the moment. Once she got out, the air would allow them to purge again. At least they were cleaner now.

She continued to snarl at him, clearly upset. But something he said turned her snarling into laughter. She laughed outloud now instead of growling at him. ”Hah! Knock me out? Let’s see if you can actually do it.” Then she rose from the river, blood and water dripping off of her as she climbed onto the bank and turned to Kai. She didn’t even bother to shake off, knowing that Kai was probably just fronting anyway. ”Come on. Show me what you got, then.” She knew he wouldn’t actually fight her; Kai wasn’t that type of person – the kind she liked. The challenging ones. Kai was boring in his own ways, and sometimes Axelle had the definite urge to challenge him until he was ready to kill her. That was the reaction she needed to see out of him.

320 words | 3 points

[/html]
[html]
OOC: [WC: 644 || Pts: 5

Malakai kept his gaze firmly fixed upon the two-toned female, watching closely as she emerged from the river, quickly looking over her to assess just how injured she was, just how bad her wounds were now that her fur was a little cleaner. She was still bleeding, it was clear - he could see the small patches of crimson reappear on her wet white pelt. He also heard her laugh, heard her words, the fact that he dismissed him so easily. It was that attitude that had first attracted him to her when he had first arrived at Anathema, one that was so similar to his, the constant need to challange others and he was sure it was one of the things that had attracted Axelle to him. They were well matched that way. And now, as he looked at her, saw the bravado in her eyes, he felt his own flare and he was brought back to the first real fight they had had on the banks of another river... Verbal barbs had been tossed back and forth and the air had been charged until physical attacks were unleashed upon each other.

It was only then that he truly understood. The rage, the torment of what they had lost was affecting her in the same way as it was affecting him and this was their way of release. He looked into her eyes and saw that she needed the challange, needed to be confronted with that fury so that her own could be uncaged. It was what they both needed. Something inside of him clicked into place, something within him knew that this was therapy for both of them.

As she challanged him, dared him to follow through on his idle threat, Kai let out a heavy snort and at the same time, his body began shifting. He had been in his Optime form for longer than usual, needing the dexterity to carry Axelle, to ride her stupid horse, to try to help. But now, as his Secui form took shape and he moved from the waters edge, facing her now, he bared his fangs. They were his best weapons. His eyes burned into hers as his head bowed just a little, his hackles raising. It had been no idle threat on his part. Kai was ready to take her down, for her own good, to take her back to a medic.

Snarling to her darkly, his blood felt on fire as it roared through his veins as he faced her down. He had already cried for his lost pups, now the anger he felt for their loss started to take its hold. She had gone to Tyko, had insisted he stay on the pack lands. If she hadn't have been so stubborn, if she would have just let him go, he could have stopped Tyko, could have saved their offspring but instead he had had to watch as chunks of them had left their mother. She hadn't listened to him then. She would listen to him now, though. He would get his way this time.

Taking a slow step towards Axelle, Malakai issued a low, dangerous snarl to her. He loved her, yes, but it wouldn't stop him from taking her down this time. His breaths had picked up just a fraction as he prepared for the fight. "Fine. Don't say you weren't given fair warning, Princess." He knew she hated that name, especially when it was said with a hint of venom and knew it would wind her up. Suddenly, Kai made his move and charged for Axelle with all the strength he had in him, feeling all the fury, all the anguish, all the pain at losing his pups roar through him and as he ran at her, he felt the blame of what had happened aimed right at her.

Table and Siggy by Sammiie; Photo by Diana Pinto@flickr

<style>
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: O.O Whoa, Kai actually made a move against her…

Axelle snorted as she watched Kai shift down into his own Lupus form. She knew he had to be just fronting because even though she met him that way, Kai had turned into a softie on her. The sinister look in his eyes turned her on as she watched him, and when he lunged at her – her heart leapt. She thought he was just bluffing, and the fact that he actually would attack her right now after all that had happened hurt her. Axelle was quick to take his blow, land on her back and push him off of her with her hind legs. Then she quickly regained her composure, facing him the other way now. ”How dare you!” Even though she did dare him. She snarled in his direction, watching him carefully, remembering all the training she had received.

This kind of behavior was not expected of Kai. He cared for her more than she could ever know, and yet here he was attacking her, attempting to knock her unconscious. Hadn’t she been through enough today? Her body was tense and all the fur that could stand up was standing out. She was an angry puff ball. ”So, almighty Kai decided to grow some balls…” She knew he had them, but being so angry anything was coming out of her mouth right then.

She paced before him, but kept her body in his direction and her concentration on him, watching his every movement as she tried to calm herself down some. ”Why’d you have to bring his slave here?” It looked as if she were holding herself back, and all the while snarling from frustration, ”Don’t you dare for one second blame ME for this. If you hadn’t brought her back here, like a dumbass, I would not have known where he was!” She snarled dangerously, but kept her distance from him. She really didn’t want to fight him, and didn’t think he would take up her challenge that easily; all she wanted was to give him a piece of her mind, and that was what she would attempt to do.

351 words. | 3 points.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Yeah, he's a little unstable in my head right now, the poor thing is all angry about the pups[WC: 535 || Pts: 5

His nostrils flared with every breath as he launched himself at his mate, fangs bared, deep snarls resounding from his throat and chest. Kai meant business. He loved her, cared for her, but right now, the overriding emotion within him was anger, paired with grief. Kai had been excited ever since Axelle had told him she thought she might be pregnant and he had become fascinated with her stomach, waiting eagerly to watch her grow and now that had been taken from him. As Axelle fended off his attack, Kai was flipped and landed hard but quickly scrambled to his feet, moving quickly to face her once more. Her words only served to taunt him, to make him angrier, to make his snarls deeper and louder.

Taking a step closer to her, wanting to shorten the distance between the two, Kai's feral eyes remained locked upon the female before him. He snorted heavily as she spoke of bringing the slave back, of it being his fault for doing so. Everything in him was tensed, every muscle, every fibre and his blood burned within his veins. "You think I knew who she was, who she belonged to?! You think I had any idea who he was?" Another step closer was taken. "You told me once that killing your father was at the top of your to-do list. If you had found out he was nearby without that slave, you would have still gone after him." Kai looked ready to attack her, looked ready to follow through on his threat. "You should have let me come." That was Kai's real focus - not that Axelle had gone after her father or that she had done so while she was pregnant, it was the fact that she had forbidden him from going along because she had been mad at him. "If I had been there, I could have stopped him, I could have helped but you were too stubborn!" His voice had dropped now and it was clear that this wasn't the same softie that would curl up around Axelle in her den nor the same one who would have his hand batted away as he lay by her stroking her stomach. This was a different animal altogether.

"You ignored my concerns, you were selfish to go after him yourself and now our pups are dead." His words were blunt but it was clear they held so much emotion. Each breath was snorted out as anger flared in him. "You are going to come back to get a medic to take a look at you, and on the way back, you are going to tell me exactly what happened, exactly what he did to you, so I know exactly how much to make him suffer..." This was not an idle threat - Tyko had been living on borrowed time with Axelle - she would track him down and make him pay for what he had done to her family, but now, Tyko had another to watch over his shoulder for. Malakai. Tyko was responsible for the loss of his pups, and for that, he would pay a thousand times. Kai wasn't the pack Torturer for nothing, after all.

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Ooc.

Our pups are dead. The very words made Axelle cringe, and she stepped away from Kai. She turned her head to look away from him, her puffy angry hair all sinking down to her body once more. ”They were never alive…” Her voice was quiet, and she kept her eyes off of him. She refused to look at him, even if he was on the verge of attacking her.

But as he continued to try to tell her what she was going to do, she snarled again and turned back to face him. You are not going to tell me what I’m going to do.” Her tone was poisonous, and she meant business. He would not make her do anything, even though she was hurt and broken. And violated, let’s not forget. She also cringed remembering the sight of her father’s fucked up face as he mounted and raped her. The dirty feeling she felt all over her body, even after her little bath in the river would never go away. Not until he was dead. But she wouldn’t tell Kai this, or anyone for that matter. It was a secret all to herself, and him, of course.

”He stabbed me.” It wasn’t a lie, but it wasn’t the truth either. It wasn’t the whole truth. ”He knocked me out, cut Couer, and then stabbed me. And then left me with nothing.” The growing anxiety she could feel within herself cut her off from talking. She couldn’t elaborate on the subject anymore because she felt like she was going to puke. She had been fucked by her own father – where was her mother then? All this bad stuff happened, and she only shows up after it all? Axelle audibly growled to that fact as well, and she wasn’t even looking at Kai now. She stared at the ground to the side of her.

She turned her gaze back on Kai, ”He likes leaving me with nothing, but that's okay. I'm going to leave him with nothing very soon.” Kai didn't understand the degree of her revenge plan, or the degree that it needed to be. She had this big timeline planned out in her head, and it needed to happen, and anyone and everyone that got in her way was dead to her, just like her father was and especially is now. All the secret reasons in her mind were just more ammo added on against Tyko and they justified the reasons of why he needed to die promptly.

418 words. | 3 points.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: [WC: 440 || Pts: 3

This savage energy coursed through him with such passion, such power now as he continued to advance on his female, step by step, snarling at him inside of his head. He repeated those snarls to Axelle, baring his fangs dangerously to her, his head bowed just a little, his hackles raised. He heard her words about their pups never really being alive, and something inside of him swelled, causing him to release a wild bark and predatory growl as he yelled at her. "Yes they were!!!" The look in his eyes was pure wildness, unpredictable and forceful. How could she say such a thing?

He was telling her what to do, and he meant every word of it. Every breath was snorted and followed with a snarl, but as he heard what Tyko had done to Axelle, or at least the version that Axelle told, his eyes fell from her form for a moment. What was he doing? Huffing and puffing and growling at her, threatening her, now of all times, after what she had been through? Her father had stabbed her, had forced her to lose her pups, and now, Kai himself was threatening her with the same calibre of violence... He softened for an instant towards her. She had been through so much already. He should be supporting her, putting an arm around her, offering comfort and safety. But she refused every offer of help, every time he went near her lately, she was shooed away. If she would only let him in, let him close enough... What was he supposed to do?

It took him a long moment, watching her, regarding her, darkness flickering like a candle behind his gaze and he still looked like he would attack her at any moment, but eventually his huffing breaths slowed, became less urgent and his body began to relax. Axelle was frustrating at times - he had tried being affectionate towards her and it got him no-where, and he had tried being dominating with the same result. What was left? "If I thought it would give you any comfort, I would tell you that you didn't have nothing, that you at least had me... But I don't think I'm even on your radar anymore." He didn't expect an answer, he had simply been stating a fact. "If you won't come back to the caverns because I have told you to, will you perhaps come back with me because I have asked you to?" His eyes fixed upon Axelle and the undeniable fury from seconds ago seemed to have faded a little. "Axelle, please come back to Anathema with me?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Axelle growled, countering Kai’s outburst, ”NO, technically they weren’t. They won’t remember this, so they weren’t alive. Not yet, anyway.” She wanted to admit that she was wrong, and she knew it, felt it in her heart – but she always kept up a front to protect herself. To everyone else, she felt nothing, but to herself, she knew she was an emotional wreck inside.

Whatever was going on inside Kai’s head seemed to calm him down enough to stop snarling at her. He quieted down, but the expression on his face still remained – he still wanted to kill her. Or “knock her out” so he claimed. She was silent as he stated his fact - she didn’t know what she felt for him anymore. After today, she wasn’t sure how she felt about anyone, including herself. If thought she was just going to calmly agree to go back with him, he had another thing coming. She couldn’t simply go back to Anathema with all the craziness going on in her mind. She just wanted to be left alone, at least for a little while. And she hoped he would leave her.

”I can’t go back yet, Kai. Just leave me alone for a little while… I’ll make it home by nightfall.” Which was in a few hours. Her tone was a lot more calmer now, solemn even. She looked up at him with pleading eyes. She just needed some time to herself to sort shit out… She didn’t know where she was going to go from here, and with Kai up her ass, she was sure she would kill him at this point. She was frustrated, angry, hurt but she would be okay.

The two-toned Marbas turned away from her potential mate, and returned her gaze toward the water. She couldn’t bear to look at him knowing all the pain she had caused him from her stupid actions. She needed to get revenge now… for two people… or three, or four. She didn’t know how many pups she would have had, but she needed to avenge everybody’s death now. ”I hope you’re in this with me, Ma…” She mumbled it mostly to herself, not expecting Kai to hear her, and not really caring if he did.

376 words. | 3 points.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Aww, poor, dejected Kai[WC: 451 || Pts: 3

He had yelled at her, snarled and growled and been generally aggressive and nasty towards Axelle and she had done nothing but return his attitude towards her. Kai had also been as attentive and affectionate as he knew how to be and the result had only been to be shooed away and ignored like he was some lovesick pup. He was starting to think that he couldn't win with her. His body relaxed somewhat and slumped a little as this realization swept over him - perhaps he should have seen this coming. They had been hot and heavy when they first became involved, but now, Axelle barely wanted to be in the same room as Kai.

As she mentioned that she needed time alone, that she would be sure to head home by nightfall, Kai knew he had lost the battle. She wouldn't agree to go with him even when he asked nicely. His head bowed a little more, solomn like her, before nodding a little. Kai hated losing. He could handle most things but losing was not one of them, because he hadn't had much practice at it. But he knew he had lost this one with Axelle, and with every passing moment, he knew he was on the edge of losing her, too. No matter what he did, how he reacted, it wasn't enough for her. That thought hurt him. He wasn't enough for her. That was the issue. If it had been someone else here with her, perhaps she would agree to get help, perhaps she would be calmer. It was his presence that was bringing this reaction out in her. A slow snort left him and his eyes fell from her.

"I guess I'll leave you be, then." He had given up trying to fight her on this one - he had been so ready to attack her, to do whatever was needed to make sure he could get her back to seek medical help, but now, after what she had been through, he knew it would only have served to break them apart faster. It seemed that was the way things were going anyway. She wouldn't listen to him, wouldn't go with him, and so turning slowly from her, Malakai began to slump away from his female, hating the thought of leaving her out there in her state but unsure as to what else he could do. "I'll be in my den if you need me." He knew she wouldn't. She didn't need him. He wasn't even sure if she wanted him anymore, but he would wait there for her, listening for every noise in the halls, catch every scent in the hope that she would.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Seeing Kai's final defeat made her feel a little better, and as he turned and began to head to his den she turned away from him as well. She returned her attention back on the river before her. She bent her head to look at her own relfection in the water, but she was unhappy with what she saw. She was unhappy with every event that happened today. Kai yelling at her, the whole fucked up scene that happened with her father, her miscarriage (though she somehow knew something bad like that was going to happen anyway), that pointless dream with her mother. None of it made sense to her, and she was growing more and more frustrated by the hour.

She knew she would wind up exploding on Kai if he stuck around, and he didn't deserve that. He didn't do anything but try to help her - and there she was treating him like shit all over again. She watched him, out of the corner of her eye, slowly walk away like he was walking away from his life, and she let him. She couldn't be bothered by his problems now - she had her own to deal with.

Her reflection sickened her. Why was she always getting raped? She was a strong girl, and she was not in the type of condition to be raped, but somehow it always happened. And by her father this time. The memory made her dizzy, and not in a good way. It sickened her beyond what she was used to. If Kai ever found out, he would kill him before she ever got to get her revenge. Tyko was making a really bad name for himself, and he was sinking lower and lower on the totem pole.

Axelle looked away from the pond and pondered leaving. Just leaving away from this place, away from Kai, and away from anything or anyone who would stop her. She would die killing Tyko if it was the only way - then she could torture him forever in the afterlife. The thought of that brought the first smile to her face in days. She couldn't leave yet; she needed more training. She needed a new plan. She needed to find out where he was and where he was going to stay around. Then she would figure out what to do next.

Axelle stuck around the river for another few hours that night just thinking. At around midnight, she headed back to the caves (still disgusted with herself) and joined Kai with him in his den. She laid down next to him and stayed with him that night, not uttering a word about what had happened in her mind or what conclusion she had come to. Everything about the event was hushed.
End.

467 words. | 3 points.

[/html]