p.opping bottles
[html]
No specific place, just wandering about the wreckage in CdM, also wasn't sure if I needed an M or not haha! :: 6+

Heiro was restless, none of his “friends” wanted to play and he had spent the morning bickering with Tasha about who should watch mom this afternoon. After his grandmother passed, his mother was completely tied up with keeping their dog King healthy and functioning. The two Catori children feared for their own mother’s health after everything that happened, but the man Hei had come to revere and love not only as his step grandfather, but as a role model was simply wallowing with grief and Amaranth wasn’t ready to let him drift away too. The King’s house depressed him. He missed his gammy-yita everyday, but he was tired of picking up the pieces and holding down the fort for his family. An eight month old shouldn’t have to do that anyway, but Hei needed a break from pretending he was an adult. He liked to think his father Niro would understand, every boy needed a little break now and then, and Tasha could handle their mom on her own today. He had ‘splorin to do.

The court was a wonderland of treasures after the hurricane. These amazing finds were usually imagined by the youth to be exceptional while they were simply bits of debris and trash blown about from who knows where. Pieces of building structures, bits of metal, scraps of rope, etc. these all made such interesting things for a young boy to find and horde. But today, the Catori had actually found something worthwhile. He was rummaging through a pile of sodden books, a pity since he loved to read, when his claws clinked against glass. What’s this? He said to himself, sitting back on his rump as he uncovered a tall bottle. His ice blue eyes widened. He’d seen firewater like this before, but was told by his father that it could mess with your head and was definitely not for children. A sly grin parted his lips. Amazing without Ro around, he still had a taste for mischief.

The husky hybrid glanced about, hugging the cool bottle against his stomach. He was amazed it wasn’t broken but realized with dismay that there would definitely be some difficulty in opening it up. Gnawing on the narrow top only hurt his teeth and his talons were far too dull to actually stick into the pesky little cork and pull it out. The boy needed to try this forbidden drink, frustration now registering in his body as he tried again unsuccessfully to reach the cork. Shit! He swore under his breath, a word he’d learned from Ro and knew was very naughty, before thumping the ground with a fist. But then an idea came to him. Standing up with the bottle in hand, he walked towards a rock jutting out of the ground and rearranged the bottle in his hands before bashing it against it.

The neck of the bottle shattered, sprinkling the grass and rock with bits of glass. Bravado gleamed in Heiro’s eyes as the heady smell of wine entered his nares. He tentatively poured some of the liquid fire out into his open palm which immediately turned his pristine fur a shade of burgundy red. His rose tongue lapped at it and his eyes widened. It burned at first and made his cheeks feel hot, but Heiro decided he liked the taste. Gaining more confidence now, the youth upturned the bottle into his open maw, careful to avoid touching himself with the sharp edges.

Not twenty minutes later, an extremely drunk Catori was wandering about the court. Slurring songs to himself and recklessly flailing an empty bottle about in a red tinged hand.

<style type="text/css">
.HEIroCat b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6e5cb; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #224041; }
.HEIroCat p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.HEIroCat {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#99c2bb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QvZpn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #406768; padding: 315px 20px 10px 20px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#406768; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.HEIroCat p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.HEIroCat p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
sorry for the delay, m'dear :C I also don't think it needs an M because alcohol isn't a mature drug, much like smoking isn't >> if it was something like pot or something illegal in the US then.. I think it'd be M

He grunted loudly as he pushed. The fallen trunk was heavy, but it was still small enough that the Constable could push it aside on his own. Muscles strained as he gave a last shove. He was rewarded with a loud thud and crash as the severed trunk fell from the indent it had made in the house side. A cloud of leaves and dust rose up from the thud, making the Sadira brush at his nose and sniffle ever so slightly. The damage was still pretty bad and all they could really do was clean up as best as they possibly could. The rest was simply adjusting to the things that were irrepably destroyed, like a good section of the top of the Hotel. A new member had made his home there but had thankfully not been injured during the roof's destruction.

Silvano turned to see what else he could do on his own, but found that he simply could do nothing near by. The buildings were either fine or completely ruined that his effort would have been like trying to dry clothing in a blizzard. There was simply nothing to do here. Lunenburg would need more of his attention, especially after he had finished the barn completely. What a world, he had promised to take care of the Stables and improve, and he had found himself fixing a wall that had been damaged from the winds. Hopefully all the horses would be returned soon and they could all move on with their lives and prepare for winter. Lots would need to be done after the herds moved in and the hunting was plentiful. Summer was the leanest time for them all and a bountiful hunt in the winter would only bring good things.

What the Constable did not expect to find was a pup, well a young adult, running around wobbling. The dog hybrid seemed terribly familiar as he squinted. This was the pup that had decided to play under the horses' hooves, looking grown up on two legs. But something was clearly off the way he was singing, more like bawling out some lewd songs. Silvano could smell something was off, too, and he approached the swaying youth with his shoulders broad, chest out, and back straight. "What are you up to, boy?" he said carefully, crooking an eye at the youth.

<style type="text/css">
.tellthem b {font-weight:normal; color:#9b9ba5; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#64767f 0px 0px 3px; }
.tellthem .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#bcbdbd; text-align:center; text-shadow:#171639 0px 1px 1px;}
.tellthem p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;}
.tellthem {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#171639; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kiJVb.jpg), url(http://i.imgur.com/AUYWY.jpg); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #08081f; padding: 170px 0px 30px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#51577e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
If I’m too unGodly slow for you right now, just let me know haha! Work and RL stuff has been insane...I can’t believe how slow I’ve been. Sorry x 1000 and if this post majorly blows, it’s because I’m writing during my mini breaks throughout the day. :: 3+

His vision was blurred, head swimming, and speech slurred, but Heiro still had a drunken grin plastered on his lips. The bottle was thrown carelessly aside, sodden earth cushioning its fall as a form swum before his glossy eyes. Sssslivano, tha you? He hiccupped with a chuckle as the authoritative voice assaulted his ears and the hybrid comically puffed out his chest to match the taller man. Why...why isss there one of ya now, he slowly managed to squint his eyes while looking at the Constable, but thisss number after? He held up seven digits in front of his masked face as his eyes opened back up. Sev’n Ssssliv...theresss ssse’vn! He hiccuped happily again before his knees buckled and he slumped drunkenly to the ground.

Looking up at Silvano now, he covered one eye with a paw so his vision would focus on the sole Constable instead of of the dancing about seven. Das better, he mumbled. The shit-eating grin remained as he hiccuped once more. Heiro didn’t realize how much trouble he had potentially gotten himself into, he’d officially reached the peak of being drunk...feeling like he could take on the world.

Well...no yuse lyin’ to ya...Cons’sable, I had my’ssself sum drink, he confessed, a small frown forming on his lips for a second before the cheeky smile returned. A ssstorm brew...ssshoul’da ssaved sum for you, he slurred, realizing he wished everyone to feel as happy and fuzzy as he felt right now. Why shouldn’t the mighty Constable of CdM enjoy the perks the hurricane had brought to the lands in the form of fiery libations?

<style type="text/css">
.HEIroCat b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6e5cb; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #224041; }
.HEIroCat p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.HEIroCat {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#99c2bb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QvZpn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #406768; padding: 315px 20px 10px 20px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#406768; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.HEIroCat p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.HEIroCat p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]