Art Model
[html]

Out of character

She really needed some help. Dalgina couldn't stop from drawing dark things, her nightmares still as vivid as they were before. Dalgina painted Ovi, which helped some with his beautiful bright coat, but even he began to feature in her nightmares, the paintings turning out gruesome. One wouldn't be able to tell how tortured she was during the day, her features cool and calm. Dalgina actually managed to relax during the day, everyone that wasn't close to her kept from being able to see anything emotional to her and Dalgina refusing to waste the energy caring.

The only problem that she was truly suffering from currently was that she needed someone to paint. Dalgina couldn't stand seeing Ovi and Tehu coming out so twisted in her paintings, and she didn't have the heart to try with Taru and Keldava. She had sketched something warm for both of them as an apology for how they were coming out recently before leaving. Tehu flew overhead, scouting everything. Perhaps she would be lucky and come across someone who would be willing to pose for her and take their place.

<style>
.sdalbird {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/e4iVN.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; background-color:#010000; width:450px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:230px 0px 5px 0px; color:#908687; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:17px; border:1px solid #000;}
.sdalbird b {color:#a653be; letter-spacing:1px;}
.sdalbird b:before { content: open-quote;}
.sdalbird b:after { content: close-quote;}
.sdalbird p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.sdalbird p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; font-size:11px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a653be; margin:15px 15px 0px;}</style>
[/html]
OOC: Gah, cruddy post. Sorry! DX

IC: It was mid-afternoon and Kenna had just finished tending to her horse and was just about to leave the stables. She had finished her tasks early for she had some plans in mind for the day, and for once they did not include Dust. Replacing the pitchfork she had been using to move hay about in Dust's stall and add more to some of the other horses stalls, Kenna wiped her paws on her jeans and grabbed her hat off the edge of a water trough and then headed out into the sunlight. Now free, the cowgirl headed for her house close by. Skipping the few steps up onto the porch, she strode to the front door and leaned into the wood panel. The door was rather sticky in its frame. It was just one thing on the list she needed to get taken care of. Shoving her way inside, the door making a grating sound against the floor, Kenna hurried indoors and over to the corner of her home. Here, under a thin, moth eaten blanket that she'd found balled up on the windowsill a while back, she had stored her rucksack with the few belongings she had to her name. Crouching and untying the sack, she rummaged about inside for a smaller pouch which held the few gold coins she had. Hearing the metallic clinking of the coins against one another, she snatched up the pouch and dumped out 3 of the heavy currency.

Stowing away the pouch again and safely re-covering her possessions, Kenna once again headed outside and started deeper into Thornbury. She had been eying up a particular shop across the way from her home which had a couple fur cloaks for trade. As the weather was cooling off, Kenna was hoping to get one from her pack mate. She didn't have much of anything to trade with so she would have to outright buy. As she crossed Thornbury, she paused as she spied one of her pack mates walking slowly, almost depressed like through the small town. Pausing in her steps, the woman watched the younger female a moment, trying to recall her name before something swooshed over her head. Stepping back and glancing upward, shielding her eyes from the sun, Kenna spotted a small, colorful Kestral swooping overhead. She watched as the bird then reeled back and over towards the dark pelted girl. That was when Kenna remembered where she knew her from. Dalgina was her name and Kenna had helped her and another pack mate clearing the debris from Thornbury after the storm. Tipping her head slightly Kenna turned towards the young woman. "Dalgina?" She called out gently, slightly concerned for her pack mate, she looked so down. She then started to walk towards her. "Is...everythin' alright hon?" She asked kindly. "I don't mean to pry, it's just you look a bit blue." Kenna wasn't sure if Dalgina would remember her since their time together had been short, but hopefully she would. She closed the distance between them then, her concern growing as she got better view of the brown eyed young woman. Kenna had no idea that her darker demeanor was just the way girl was, nor did she know that she had experienced major trauma with her family in her young life that had only made it worse.
OOC: she didn't used to be this way at all. Shy yes, but her personality's been updated quite a few times

Brown eyes lifted, watching as a patchwork female made her way towards her. It was a beautiful mixed coat. Just looking at it brought the urge to draw from the female. The small tough muscles that covered the frame were hard to ignore, and while there wasn't any fancy jewelry on the female she was definitely the kind of beautiful that one would want to watch. Dalgina's own petite frame didn't hold much on her. Her curves were there, but Dalgina was tiny, and they didn't stand out the way that the cowgirl's did. The blue eyes met her own, and Dalgina knew exactly how she was going to be spending her time.

I'm alright. There was little emotion in her voice, but it was true enough. She wasn't suffering for the moment. Thoughts of her family had been pushed aside, and all Dalgina wanted to do at the moment was paint. Looking over her with care Dalgina smiled. Would you hold still so I can paint you? You have a very beautiful coat. Dalgina didn't doubt that the creation she would make would be sharp. Even better, her connection to this female was low. She could paint her without feeling any guilt for the nightmares that Dalgina knew would bleed into the picture.
OOC: Aww, well hopefully Kenna's optimism can maybe help cheer her up more often if they become friends. Smile

IC: "I'm Alright." Kenna noticed how little emotion the young woman put into her response and it only made the cowgirl's heart go out to her with sympathy. It was so...uncharacteristic of someone her age to seem so...detached. She didn't quite believe Dalgina's words, but she didn't pry for the dark pelted femme seemed to suddenly perk up as she looked over Kenna once she was closer. "Would you hold still so I can paint you? You have a very beautiful coat. " Dalgina spoke up and Kenna blinked at the sudden shift in conversation. Although slightly surprised by the request, Kenna had no objections and chuckled. "Why thank ya!" She wagged her tail a little. "And I guess I could, sure! Where do you want me to be? Should I be posing in any way?" She questioned and looked around for a good, blank bit of scenery to act as the young artist's backdrop.

"How 'bout over here?" She stepped over in front of the side of a nearby house. "I've never modeled for anyone before..." She slightly folded her ears, feeling sheepish. Glancing over towards the shop with the cloaks out front she mentally shrugged and decided if it made Dalgina happy, her mission could wait for her to be finished painting. Kenna was curious to see what the girl would make of her. The hybrid had no idea what kind of artwork and talent the girl possessed. Waiting for instructions on what to do, Kenna lightly swayed her tail, watching her pack mate with an intrigued expression.
Kenna looked fairly surprised at the request. Well, it had been sudden, but Dalgina had been thinking about finding someone to paint this entire time. With such a beautiful coat there was no question in her mind who would make a perfect model. Dalgina wouldn't hurt to paint her either, since they weren't close. Kenna could be captured in the nightmares and Dalgina would feel very little looking at it. Kenna's enthusiasm drew the thinnest smile from Dalgina, watching the excitement in the hybrid as she moved around, doing her best to figure out how to pose for this opportunity.

If you could relax, and appear as if you are watching something just past me. Try not to look at me, that's too straightforwards. Perhaps lean a little bit forwards so it looks like you're getting ready to catch whatever's there. Dalgina set up her easel quickly, arranging the canvas. Out of her bag she drew her palate, adding the colors and preparing it to start. Tehu settled down nearby, chirping suggestions at Dalgina how she could get Kenna to pose better. Dalgina's eyes grew distant, and she carefully mixed the paint, beginning the outline of the patchwork female before her. [b]It's a shame you haven't, your coat's a dream to paint. So many colors!
[html]

Kenna nodded at Dalgina's instructions, doing her best to follow them. It was new for her to have someone so eager to paint her.The woman was used to the colors of her coat so she rarely ever thought of herself as beautiful because of it. She was by no means vain. Shaking out her pelt and then relaxing her body, she picked a spot over Dalgina's shoulder and gazed out at it, trying to appear calmly expectant of what she was viewing, even though it was just a tree in reality. She gave a slight lean to her body, making sure not to lean too far forward for risk of losing her balance, and then held still. Like this? She clarified, glancing over as the young wolfess set up her easel and began to mix paints with speed and precision.

Although fascinated by the darker pelted woman's skill with paint, Kenna knew she would have to stay focused and not talk a lot so as not to distract the young artist while she worked, despite all the questions she had. She fell silent as her pack mate began to paint. Kenna was curious to see just how she would portray her. The cowgirl knew every artist had their own style and put their own vision into their art. "-- Your coat's a dream to paint. So many colors! Dalgina complimented again and Kenna had to fight a smile. Thank you. I never thought I'd be anyone's artistic inspiration. I'm glad I could be yours. She then went back to gazing out over the girl's shoulder.

<style>
.kfox {
border:1px solid #000000;
background-image:url(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... atab2x.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:top center;
width:500px;
margin:0 auto 5px auto;
padding:206px 0 0 0;
}
.kfox .inside {
height:370px;
margin:0 5px 5px 5px;
overflow:auto;

color:#291F04;
font-family:'Times New Roman', Times, Serif;
font-size:14px;
text-shadow:#B48306 0 0 3px;
}
.kfox .inside p {
padding:5px 10px;
text-indent:15px;
}
.kfox .inside p:first-child { padding-top:0; }
.kfox .inside p:last-child { padding-bottom:0; }
.kfox .inside b { color:#221C0E; }
.kfox .inside b:before { content:open-quote; }
.kfox .inside b:after { content:close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
Kenna did her best to follow Dalgina's instructions. The facial expression was alright, but it looked less like Kenna was prepared to great something and more like she'd been told to lean forwards. Shaking her head Dalgina wondered how to describe it better for the pose. Not quite like that. Your expression is alright, but more like you're preparing to greet what's coming, not just to be leaning forwards. Did that sound alright? She hoped it was.

Nodding her head she smiled over at Dalgina. I'm surprised. It's easy to draw inspiration from you. You have a very light nature. It called to Dalgina pretty loudly. Combined with the bright pelt and firm body Dalgina could spend a long time drawing out the details. Her paintbrush flicked over the canvas lightly, running over some lines of where the female was, then adding in a couple background pieces as she slowly began to flesh it out.
Never having experience with modeling for anything, it was no surprise Kenna needed more instruction. Feeling a little awkward for getting it wrong, she tried again to follow the younger female's corrections. Kenna nodded before adjusting accordingly. "Ah, I see. Sorry." She lessened the actual lean and made her body posture look more expectant and greeting. "Better?" She held still as Dalgina continued to paint. Depending on how well the painting turned out, Kenna was considering maybe having the young artist do another portrait of her, but next with with Dust in the picture too. Having some personalized art like that might be a way to make her empty house feel a little more like home.

"I'm surprised. It's easy to draw inspiration from you. You have a very light nature. " Kenna felt a slight heat rise in her cheeks at the compliment given to her. "Why thank you, miss." She chuckled lightly before falling silent again to let her pack mate continue to work. "How long have you been painting Dalgina?" She asked curiously after a moment, trying to be conscious not to move too much. "Do you use other mediums too, or just paint?" The cowgirl wished she had more artistic talent, her only real skilled lie in wood carving, not the colorful arts of painting or drawing.
[html]

Out of character

The adjustment happened quickly enough, and Dalgina let herself be taken in by the art. Occasionally she hummed as she added in more detail to her strokes. Creating the female before her would take time. She wanted to capture every single shade of the female. There were so many colors glistening on her. Occasionally she would change something, Kenna's eyes colder and more determined than the soft expectant gaze that was truly being shown, and hardening the body with hackles and tension in her frame.

The embarrassment at being talked about in such a manner went over Dalgina as she'd slipped into that other world. With the basics of the canine finished she began to sketch in the background, pausing occasionally to make sure that everything was proportional before continuing. I've been painting since I learned how to shift. Silence rested again as she began to add color to flesh out what she looked like, making sure to catch the unique blend. I can sketch, and I do a little bit of carving. Living with Taru had taught her that much.

<style>
.sdalbird {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/e4iVN.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; background-color:#010000; width:450px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:230px 0px 5px 0px; color:#908687; font-family:trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:17px; border:1px solid #000;}
.sdalbird b {color:#a653be; letter-spacing:1px;}
.sdalbird b:before { content: open-quote;}
.sdalbird b:after { content: close-quote;}
.sdalbird p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.sdalbird p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; font-size:11px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a653be; margin:15px 15px 0px;}</style>
[/html]