the dragons of eden
[html]
<style>#sieLoc td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; padding:3px; font-size:11px; }
#sieLoc td.header { font-size:15px; }
#sieLoc #location{background-image:url('http://www.soulsrpg.com/images/BSMapPixels_subterr.jpg'); width:100px;height:100px;border:1px solid #000000;background-position:29% 33%;}
#sieLoc #pushpin{position:relative;left:45px;top:45px;}</style>

Setting Location Form NPCs

Date: 5 October

Weather: Clear, cool

Time: Afternoon
Optime
--

(303) Open to anyone! Siv is visibly pregnant at this point.

Though the storm had broken and abated, there was nothing that could change its wrath. Siv took in the sight of it each time she left her home; a tree had collapsed not twenty feet from where she lived, and beyond that were the mass of branches and debris left in its wake. She thought to order Gale to clean the area around her home, but decided against it (for now). He had been given a frightful scare and she was too busy worrying about the newest problem.

Itachi’s two children had been taken under wing, so-to-speak, as Siv acted as nursemaid. She was thankful her milk had begun producing early. This did, however, mean she needed to take even better care of herself. When the life in her womb finally came, she would have more than just two mouths to worry about. It pleased her that a decent supply of food was stored in her home, though she would be sharing it between herself and the slaves for the time being. What she needed were herbal medicines, though Siv was quick to realize that the garden would likely be untouchable until spring. Given the damage here, she imagined it equally bad elsewhere.

Instead she went looking around the forest that surrounded her home. She was familiar with what grew where, having mentally marked each location that she recognized. Odessa had certainly increased her knowledge some, but Siv was well-versed in simple folk-medicine. She looked for various plants and found most of them destroyed—only hardy ones would have survived, or those lucky in their location. It would mean trouble if they had not been a pack of traders. Siv wondered how the other packs had faired but in a vague, uncaring sort of way. Salsola would always come first…after herself, of course.

<style>
#siv-thor {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siv-thor p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-weight:normal; }
#siv-thor .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siv-thor b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siv-thor u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siv-thor b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc things go here

As Ankh played innocently on the dirt floor of her den, Odessa let her orange eyes watch him, pausing her work. At the moment, she was finely chopping some herbs. Mint, rosemary, thyme, cooking herbs specifically. Rabbit had been captured in bountiful amounts, by Novak, and therefore the small family, and the slave, ate well despite the cold weather. While the weather was okay now, Odessa truly feared the advancing winter. From what she could see so far, Ankh had not been lucky enough to have inherited her own plush coat. Well he had. But unfortunately, it's fluffy appearance was cancelled out by the thinness of the fur itself. Nevertheless, the snowy pup seemed pleased about just about anything he came across. He truly was her pride and joy.

Finishing her work, she tipped the plate full of herbs into the deep pan and turned to her child and slave. 'I'm going out' she said simply, rising to her feet and bidding her son goodbye with a quick pat. She'd not been out as of recently, too busy tending to her own family to run around tending to the plants that still stood. But now with free time on her hands that was exactly what she intended to do. Though her work was paused as her pumpkin orbs settled on Siv, and the smaller girl advanced forward to greet her respectfully. 'Siv'.

<style>
.superbirdie1 b {color:#fff;}
.superbirdie1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superbirdie1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#59464D; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:80px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; -moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fIpaJ.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#CBBCC1; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 500IDK if I can post here yet o.o breaking all the rules

Imhotep was out and about. He was trying to make himself more known in the small pack. He wasn't sure who to talk to or what to do. So he found himself roaming the land collecting things that he thought would be of aid to him and Odessa. He pulled on his cloak he had gotten during the trading. It wasn't very cold yet but his short fur was not meant for here.

Imhotep bent down to look at a plant it seemed ok. Were some were torn from the ground or wilting. He lightly pulled at the plant. He placed it in his bag and kept moving on. The storm had him tucked in hims home wrapped around his wife and child. But now they were all left to clean up and start a new.

Imhotep Smiled as he moved towards a scent that he knew so well. The other one was Siv the witch like woman who had preformed a ritual for the health of all the puppies. He never really spoke to the woman but he might get his chance now. Imhotep saw his mate and Siv. He bowed to both not saying a word. Though they were mated he tried to show her all the respect in the world. Lady Siv, and my love Odessa He spoke moving too the. looks like we all had the same idea. he spoke smiling to them.

Image courtesy of I don't know o.o; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.imzer { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... mhotep.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ffb066; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.imzer b {color:#974700; }
.imzer p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.imzer p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.imzer .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.imzer-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Yesss. <3

It was lucky for her to find not only one, but both of the canines who were considered medics within the pack. Odessa was the more recognized of the two, though Siv recalled her mate had mentioned such skills during their travels. She smiled, more relieved than anything, and turned to face them. While her rank put her above them, she was familiar with the young couple and pleased at how the man behaved around his woman. Deep rooted lessons of matriarchal society were imbued to her, and Siv was tickled each time she saw their fierce leader or someone as demure as Odessa clearly stronger in a relationship.

“Odessa,” she brushed her muzzle against the young woman’s, and turned to do the same to her mate. “Imhotep. Yes, it seems we have,” she further commented, and cast her gaze down on a patch of ruined plants. How much had they really lost? She worried still, and thought to take her concerns to Salvia. Soon, she decided, and decided to turn her major concerns to the couple instead.

“And unfortunate timing, this storm. We have lost China,” Siv informed them somberly. “She left behind two children. I’ve taken them in for now, but with my own on the way I fear I’ll need medicine to make more milk.” A faint frown crossed her face, momentarily betraying her concern. Children were one of the few things that could move Siv to such emotions.

<style>
#siv-thor {
}
#siv-thor p {
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
#siv-thor .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siv-thor b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc things go here

Black ears swivelled towards a familiar voice. Not Siv's, but that of her own mates. 'Imhotep...' she purred softly, embracing him and letting her cheek rest on his chest. The medic released her grip on him, sighing with a gentle smile and then stepping back beside him to regard Siv. 'Hopefully we can right things in the long run. It shouldn't be too hard with the seeds we kept safe. And I suppose there are hardier plants that may have survived'. Pumpkin orbs surveyed the ground also, her jaw clenching for a moment in an invisible frown.

Her face turned back up to Siv as she spoke, and joining her sombre words was an solemn frown on Odessa's own face as she heard of China. 'Oh. I hadn't heard...' She dipped her head momentarily, reasoning that it was merely because she'd had Ankh to care for and of course had not left her hut regularly. The medic's ears flickered at Siv's words, suddenly more alert now that she could be of better use. 'If you need I could get something for that?' She'd have to read up first, of course with just Ankh she'd needed no such thing.

<style>
.superbirdie1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superbirdie1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#59464D; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:80px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; -moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fIpaJ.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#CBBCC1; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 00IDK if I can post here yet o.o breaking all the rules

Imhotep looked siv as he bowed his head as he felt his ears fold back. China he had not known the woman but if she was one of them though. Her children they could how ever continue her legacy. He looked to his mate the woman had finished weening Ankh a while ago. It saddened him a bit that she could not help out in that way.

Imhotep turned to Siv. We'll do what we can to aid you He spoke as he touched his mate softly. She was his world and he would do what he could to help her help siv. How are you fairing with your pregnancy? He asked concerned

Imhotep had not been around many pregnant women and he really had only cared for his wife and once his master's wife. So he took his time and tried to learn about things. I did find a few herbs still intact they were growing rather shielded. He wanted to be more help to the pack. Reaching into his bag he pulled out an herb book some of which pages were torn and missing. This book one of the few things brought form egypt that he had kept. I think I may know an herb it does not grow here.. I did how ever trade for a jar or its seed. He looked to siv. Lady Siv may I be your aid through your pregnancy? I would love to take this chance to grow. To be as good as my angel. he spoke looking at her. He should try to grow the seeds in side by the fire keeping them warm they may grow.

The only thing is he thought mentally. I just can't allow you to take this herb while you are carrying yours.

Image courtesy of I don't know o.o; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.imzer { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... mhotep.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ffb066; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.imzer b {color:#974700; }
.imzer p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.imzer p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.imzer .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.imzer-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Yesss. <3

A welcomed sigh of relief escaped Siv as both adults offered their aid. She waved her hand dismissively at the mention of her own upcoming birth, recognizing her body’s signs and trusting that things went well. Her body was at a fine age for such things and despite her level of activity, she had not felt half so tired as she had with Draugr. Salsola was well provided for and she had many things to aid; the cast nets had proven so effective that she barely used them unless so asked.

“There is a plant; I’m not sure what you would call it here, but I know it as blessed thistle. Burdock, too, will help. The older volva said pumpkins would be good for nursing mothers, but I don’t know if any have survived.” She was certain there were more, but those three had been most common in her home in the world. Shrugging the shoulders of her cloak around a fur already thickening for coming winter, Siv cast her gaze skyward. Though the storm had passed, there was no denying a frosty chill in the air.

“I will accept your aid, but I will birth alone. This is how things must be done,” she smiled, perhaps harder than usual. Siv was a woman who knew that some things were best left to be fought alone.

<style>
#siv-thor {
}
#siv-thor p {
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]
short ;-;

'Well we can always look' Odessa hummed, in reference to the pumpkins. 'And I'm sure I can find some of those herbs too. Perhaps in the stores but if not there or around the nearby territory, we can trade for some'. After all plenty of girls in Salsola would soon be at that age, so it would be helpful to have some spare. And Odessa and Imhotep would of course reproduce again in the semi near future. It was something they'd discussed vaguely before now, but they'd speak of it nearer the time. After all, Odessa had not forgotten about the ordeal with Ankh.

'I'm sure you'll fair well all the same however' Odessa said after a shallow sigh. Siv was a woman Odessa thought of as much stronger and better prepared, so Odessa did not fret for her as much as she would have for anyone else. Like China for example, but Odessa never really knew her and of course hadn't known before now that she had had pups.

<style>
</style>[/html]
OOC Sorry I failed

IC...

Imhotep looked at her. He had to admit that he was still fighting with learning this language still. He had to work harder to learn all there is. I'm sorry lady siv, my book is in arabic He spoke looking at her. Its all the stuff we used back home to heal and treat. It also had things like mummification and other things. But he wasn't needing that.

He nodded to her and then looked at odessa. I will study harder in reading english and learn more things that are found here. He spoke as he looked at her. He would try harder to learn all there was. He was just having a hard time gripping everything there was. He looked to his mate once more. Then to Siv, Call for me once they are born I would never want to intrude on your personal matters he spoke looking to her. Maybe he had done wrong being there at odessa's side through it.