Moving on over
[html]

All welcome. Set present day October 6, around 10 am. Clear weather.

The hurricane had come and gone and Thorn had settled up in his home to wait it out. Only now was he content that it had completely passed and he could emerge into this new post-hurricane world. He had wanted to go out earlier, he had wanted to be one of the brave ones who braved the high winds and lashing rain and still was courageous. Perhaps he would have been all those things and more when he was four years old, supple and spry. Today he was slightly arthritic and too worried about his work to think about what might have been. The weather had come at the perfect time (rain on your wedding day a singer might have crooned had the world been different) but Thorn knew from experience that you had to roll with the punches and make do. He had holed up in his den and eaten some of the stocked meat he had previously acquired and smoked away the weather that threatened to kick in his door.

Emerging into the world the white Russian let a sigh slip out of his mouth and his mind immediately wondered just how bad things were at the brewery and vineyard. He worried less about the vineyard, he hadn't taken much time to do anything with it before the hurricane struck but the brewery wasn't the strongest building in the pack lands. Going back inside, hat and messenger bag were donned and he began the walk out of Jordheim towards the coast and the building he had put so much work into since his arrival to Vinatta.

The walk took time but time was something Thorn had plenty of. Surveying the brewery was depressing, but the damage wasn't as bad as Thorn had dreamt it would be. Wind had dislodged boards and the door was now lying off its hinges in the grass but the majority of the building was intact and standing strong. In the end most of these buildings wouldn't have lasted past the virus' appearance without being well-built and for this the Hollr was thankful. Standing outside the building that had become the centre point of his life Thorn Russo sent up a silent but important thank you to the Gods, partially his own family gods and partially to the gods of old that Vinatta was built upon. Strength of construction had saved the building but it was the collective will of belief, Thorn thought, that had saved him tears and an aching heart. Setting down his messenger bag he began to root through the scraps of paper and parchment in his kilt pockets to find the lists he had store there. Inventory begins.

WC: 454

<style type="text/css">
.bbear-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#182549; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.bbear-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.bbear-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #182549; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.bbear-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.bbear-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#eadada; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/j5XJM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #554f4f; padding:160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#554f4f; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
mooooornin'

The devastation of the hurricane was less than they'd originally thought. Cooped up in their home on the night that they'd been struck with the worst of the bad weather, they'd imagined all sorts that could have gone wrong. The village hall, recently built, could have toppled over and the weeks of work would have been destroyed. The stables could have collapsed, killing the horses and donkey within. Jordheim could have been completely flood- if the combined swell from the Lake and the Coast had converged into one, Jordheim could well have been submerged. Emerging from that storm a few days later had been like opening his eyes for the first time, again, and Saul had spent the next few days simply taking in what had happened, the damage that had been created and the clean-up that would be required.

One of the more annoying affects came in the obliteration of the earthen pathways within Jordheim and the last day Saul had spent cleaning up another section of the valley. Jiva, Palaydrian and Lena's arrival a few days ago had been interesting, but he'd welcomed the trio along with Leaf the fox kit, into Vinátta and they'd found their homes shortly. He was happy to see that his babies were beginning to get over the sniffles and coughs that had developed not long after the hurricane had hit. He'd been trying his hardest to get Lilin to brace the outside world once more, but it was a slow work in progress. Exiting his house now, the male saw the over-cast October sky, that would probably be a staple as Fall began to sweep over the land. Soon enough, they would be spending their first Winter in Vinátta.

A flash of white caught his eye and Saul moved, instinctively, to catch the far-off moving form of Thorn heading out of Jordheim. With a smile, Saul felt the need to find out how the male was. He was aware of the Russian's age and he had been worried that he hadn't seen the male since the hurricane. He'd only assumed that he'd taken Saul's command to heart and had holed up in his home, which was a good choice. Moving at a fast pace was difficult when some parts of the valley were still boggy and sludgy. Eventually however, the grey male trailed the elder towards the brewery and arrived as the male began to write. Thorn! He called out with a grin, jogging the last steps to come level with the Russo male. Glad to see you're doing well... I'm sorry about the brewery though. He said, looking towards the damage taken. Luckily, it wasn't structural, but the general look of dishevel hung on the building like a cloak.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba703 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba703 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
458+

[/html]
[html]

Hiiiiii!

Fourteen scraps of paper including the lists Ink had developed lay in his hands and were shoved back into the pockets. Items needed, actions that needed to be taken and skills that he would need to recruit were listed, organized and re-written. He knew his brewing techniques so he was glad he didn't need to have those all written out as well. Walking over to the building he touched the now empty doorway, tracing a hinge with a clawed finger, and letting out a sigh. Thorn was pretty sure there were carpenters within the ranks and that thought was one of the few keeping him completely composed to the outside world. Backing up a step as he jotted one last thing down in Russian, he started to walk towards one of the loose boards when a scent, a sound and a voice stopped him. That had to be their handsome leader!

Turning as swiftly as his bothersome arthritis would allow he let a big grin swoop over his greying muzzle. Tail swayed gently and he was glad to see the tawny male again after their meeting at the border. Border meetings were strange and alien things, you met another wolf but never really got to know them. You were required to spill your guts and secrets before a complete stranger in hopes of meeting their standards and being accepted. After you were accepted you then had to meet everyone as a somewhat equal all over again.

Regardless Thorn was happy to see Saul and the smile on his face and wiggle in his tail said that. "Saul! Our handsome leader. I hope your family was safe during the storm. Your дети, little ones, picked good to come into the world before the hurricane." He nodded back to the comment about doing well, after all he had been safe in his home throughout - like a coward. "Went in my home and didn't come out until today, I wish I could have done something to help… the pack or the brewery. She'll need carpenters. Not all is lost though. Thanks to help from other wolves I've collected lots of materials to set up a still, can make sugar beer anytime and wine later when the vineyard is mended." It didn't come across as a soldier giving information to a general which made Thorn feel a little easier. He made it sound more like a friend telling a friend. "If I am lucky, and sometimes I am, we could be trading beer in less than a moon's full set of faces."

WC: 439

<style type="text/css">
.bbear-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #182549; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.bbear-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#eadada; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/j5XJM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #554f4f; padding:160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#554f4f; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Big GrinDD

The Russian male was intent on his work, a trait Saul admired in him. It was rewarding to find someone who was passionate about something, enough to put as much work as the Russo man had. As he moved to a stop in front of the shabby brewery, he could see the wad of paper the male held and smiled softly. Reading and writing had always been important to the male- most of his knowledge of healing came from the books he'd read. Of course, a fair few had been confusing, the concepts alien to him. But through a careful trial and error, he'd found books relating to plants and their affects as well as basic surgical techniques that he would be able to apply to their current world. He wondered what Thorn had written down, what he'd deemed important enough to record.

As his words reached the male, his white companion turned and a grin, tail wagging softly. Thorn had always had an enthusiastic response to him and Saul often felt flattered by it. His sentiments were returned, to which Saul felt an answering smile and nod come from him. The babies got a little sick just after, but I think they're doing well now thank you. Lilin is doing well. He offered in return, though his stomach clenched softly at the mention of his mate. He felt a little as though they'd drifted apart since the birth of their children and he hoped to amend that soon. Concentrating on the white males words, Saul couldn't help the soft chuckle at the thought of Thorn holing up completely in his home. His lamentation was waved off and Saul shook his head.

Thankfully, Vinátta wasn't hit badly and we've had no serious problems. Just some general clearing up to do, in honesty. He reassured, although perked with interest as Thorn mentioned a carpenter. The male went on to say that all was not lost, though Saul was very surprised when the male revealed his ability to actually make beer. Well, I'd say I was a capable carpenter, so I can help out with whatever you need. Especially if there will be beer at the end. He grinned, moving forward to stand beside the male, green eyes washing over the building. It needed some work, but the most of it didn't look structural. His words made Saul glance over, brows risen. That would be great... He breathed softly, his mind racing with the possibilities.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
413+

[/html]
[html]

I took a long time, that's what happens when you get a new puppy character.

Thorn was very glad to hear that the little leaders of the future had done well despite the hurricane. It was a shame they had gotten sick but like all youngsters it was bound to happen, it was just key they got better. He was also glad to hear Saul's mate was doing well too, although the white male would never know birth personally he had been informed by his former mate Asya that it was not fun, at all. Then she had screamed at him in Russian. "Glad to hear Saul, with such beautiful parents they will be strong and powerful wolves I'm sure." He gave a little nod. Perhaps if his english had been a little better he wouldn't have used the word beautiful but it gave his meaning if made it a little more, flowery.

Thinking for a moment and checking a pocket on his kilt he took out a piece of parchment that hadn't been folded and creased as much and bracing it against the brewery he carefully wrote the word 'congratulations' in cyrillic - Поздравляю - with the dark pencil. He extended a hand and offered it to Saul, "it says congratulations in Russian, we write our letters differently than english and some wolves have told me it's a pretty language to see written out."

He was glad to hear that Vinatta hadn't been horribly hit, he hadn't really been outside the pack boundaries since the storm had passed and so he didn't know how other packs were fairing. Presumably the ones with a lot of trees or that depended on the water would be affected most. As horrible as the hurricane had been to the male while he was holed up his interest would always return to getting alcohol into the paws of Vinatta. Saul it seems could do some carpentry and this made Thorn grin all the wider. With the door back on the hinges and a quick sweep to see if everything was okay inside he could start later today or tomorrow or the first batch of sugar beer. Although it would take time for the beer to ferment he could definitely offer Saul the last of his vodka to help with any strain this project may take on him. "As long as the weather stays out and the beer while aging stays in we won't have problems. Sugar beer is easy and thanks to a maple shack I have jars and holding materials too."

Taking a step inside he waved the taller male in too, as he looked around he idly commented, "the shack was just outside the borders of a southern pack, they have claim to the sugarwoods. Do you know its name? I hope to give them some beer first in case they wonder why my scent in near their lands. " If anyone would know it would be a leader.

WC: 498

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
no problem sweety

Saul knew that the pups were likely to become ill at some point and he supposed it was a blessing that they'd been exposed to this illness at such a young age, when they were still mostly unable to move much. It would probably have been much more when they were weaned and becoming independent and charging around Vinátta with their cousins. He knew that as they grew, he would become even more grateful for the fact that his children had three others of their own age to play with and he hoped they would build a strong and lasting bond. He glanced over at the elderly white male and smiled softly at the males sentiment. He was forthcoming with compliments, Saul noted with a soft chuckle. Thank you, Thorn. You're very kind. He offered, tail swinging easily behind him.

He watched as his friend reached for a scrap of paper and began to write on it. He couldn't see the words until the paper was given to him and he glanced down, brows furrowing softly. He could understand nothing of the word written, but the white male was quick to explain. He grinned softly, nodding his thanks and carefully folding the paper in half to protect the word. Slipping it inside his pocket, he answered the male. "It is pretty." He agreed, another nod dipping his head. They'd moved on though and Thorn expressed his desire for the weather to stay mild. Curiosity was niggling, but the male continued and he listened.

Thorn explained about a shack outside of a southern pack borders and he felt a slight frown tug his lips before he rationalised that Thorn had said the shack was outside the borders. The Sugarwoods, he was sure, were in Casa's territory and he told the male so. "Casa di Cavalieri hold claim to a bit of the Sugerwoods. I'm curious as to how Sugar Beer is made?" He questioned, green eyes curious.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
326+

[/html]