>>welcome committee
[html]

(420) I hope this is okay Confused my posts are kind of iffy as of now

Stars hung high in the sky stretched across the Cerceratori d'Arte territory and what was laid out beyond the borders, midnight blue touching the mountaintops with a cream colored moon peering past the shield of its' shining star brethren which obscured a near perfect view. Gnarled tree branches reached for the company of their neighbors, embracing each other - though where the limbs of old and plentiful trees did not meet the silver light of the moon, the wonderful moon who's surface was covered with craters appearing like blemishes in the rocky surface thousands of miles from where the four-legged canine stood, her long fur draping off of her thin and fragile frame, floppy ears folded over as they normally were, though alert and looking for new sounds.

Her amber gaze was glued ahead, watching the un-moving trunk of a brown hued tree, rough bark creating differences in the shades of browns that appeared on its bulging surface. The Australian Shepherd's blue merle coat blended nicely with the surrounding darkness, though the ivory color of her pelt stood out like snow on a black backdrop. With a shake of her head, she shifted to her Optime form, which she had began to prefer more than her more canine-like form. Standing just above five feet tall, Mayflower was below the average for height, though her diminutive features complemented her bashful personality. Her musty pink nose was pointed upwards, thin alabaster whiskers that didn't appear often leaning forwards oddly, floppy ears drawn forwards to search for disruptions in the noise.

Ever since the canine had joined the current pack she resided in, she had kept to the more natural-seeming areas of forest, hastily heading to the main sections of the pack when needed, though that was rare as she was not too important, being a new member with her brother Helios - why, she barely knew her way around the area. Mayflower looked around, reaching for the cloak she had draped around her shoulders no matter what form she was in, as it had managed to slip off of her shoulders while she shifted. Cautiously, she slung the grayish green strip of fabric around her shoulders with an elegant twirl, nimble fingers often used for covering the holes in her eccentrically carved flute tying the cloak around her small shoulders sloped downwards with a slightly depressed fashion. A sign slipped past her maw as she finished, though she was in a fairly good mood, a very common property of her odd personality.

Mayflower

<style>
.freetable-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.freetable-a01-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; color:#07152A; font-family: "monotype corsiva", sans-serif; text-shadow:#AAAEB5 0px 0px 5px;}
.freetable-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.freetable-a01 b {color:#14233A; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.freetable-a01 {background-color:#3D4858; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #AAAEB5; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C4C9D0; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.freetable-a01-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.freetable-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #14233A; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Sorry for making ya wait... Long post!

IC: The cool October evening was crisp and inviting. The sky above was like a back lit canvas with holes punched in it, twinkling innocently with it's billions of tiny specks of light. A very light breeze whispered softly through the trees and the chirping chorus of crickets added an almost magical feeling to the already beautiful night. Having said good night to her mount, Dust, Kenna had quietly closed the stable doors, making sure to have blown out the lantern that had previously lit the stalls before leaving for the night. Everything was peaceful at this hour and as she made her way towards the shelter of her wooden house nearby, Kenna couldn't help but pause and gaze out into the silhouetted forest that surround the little town. By the light of the crescent moon, Kenna could see just well enough to follow the path into the trees that lead out into the wilds of Cercatori d'Arte. Despite having been a part of the pack since June, the cowgirl had only explored maybe a quarter of the territory. Her main haunt was the stables, and more recently she'd taken to visiting the secret little pool hidden in the woods not too far from Thornbury. Despite her soreness and slight tiredness after a hard day's work, Kenna felt the wilds calling to her. Some primal part of her longed to go out and enjoy the ethereal darkness. Deciding to heed the sudden compelling urge she felt, the woman slowly and silently began to stroll out of Thornbury. Glancing back over her shoulder Kenna sighed, her breath just barely becoming visible with a faint wisp of fog. The little square was dark and quiet, it seemed everyone who called the place home was either out or asleep. Smiling softly the collie hybrid reached the tree line before she paused and swiftly removed her shirt, pants and the fur cloak she had acquired the other day and folded them neatly. She then set the outfit carefully at the base of a tree near the path. When she returned to Thornbury she could easily find them and redress. Once upon a time, Kenna had been uncomfortable going unclad, but that had changed now and she was less modest about it. Leaving her blue bandana and not willing to part with her golden horse pendant around her neck, she then shook out her fur and shifted down into her lupus form. She rarely ever used this smaller, wilder form for she preferred the dexterity and mobility her Optime form allowed her. But tonight, she felt like being different and indulging her more natural instincts.

Inhaling the cool air with a slight shiver, she padded forward, eventually veering off the worn path to Thornbury and slipped into the shadows of the trees. She'd get used to the cold once she got moving more. With her ears swiveling and her senses on high, the collie-wolf girl trotted easily along, the gathering dew upon the ground muffling the normal crunch of the fallen leaves beneath her paws. Panting softly, Kenna made her way towards a clearing she knew of. She had spent a couple nights out under the stars in the field along with Dust. In daytime, the meadow was dappled with sunlight and motes of pollen and dust drifted lazily, suspended in the air. Birds of all species could be heard singing their songs high in the branches of the trees that bordered the clearing. But now, all was quiet and still except for the occasional peep of a frog, the orchestra of crickets or the gently swaying branches high above in the breeze. Reaching the meadow, she found it bathed in the soft glow of the moon. It was gorgeous out tonight and Kenna was glad she had chosen to spend time in the wilds instead of retreating into her home for an early bedtime. The more she stayed out in the natural ambiance, the more awake she became. Stepping out into the open, Kenna suddenly bunched her legs and took off at a brisk run, pelting across the exposed landscape, creating a furrow through the tall swaying grasses. Grinning wolfishly, her tongue lolling from her maw, Kenna delighted in her freedom to run. It was so liberating! With the moon shining down upon her mottled pelt, the wind whipping passed her ears, paws softly drumming over the ground Kenna felt her heart soar. The feeling threatened to overtake her and just as she reached the center of the meadow she crested a small rise and came to a full stop, the elation she felt ready to burst forth. Standing proud and tall, the woman lifted a single paw before throwing back her head and letting her joy be known to anyone who was awake and would listen. A beautiful but eerie howl erupted forth from her maw and spread across the expanses, echoing away before fading into silence again. It was courtesy of her father's wolf blood that she was able to produce such haunting music as well as any pure lupine.

The sudden sound spooked a doe from her resting place at the edge of the clearing and Kenna watched as she quickly trotted deeper into the shadows of the forest. The woman then took a seat on the rise and gazed up at the sky. She didn't really care at that moment if she had disturbed anyone's sleep with her voice. She was just...so happy. She couldn't contain it. The only thing that could have made the moment more perfect was if she had someone to share the night with. Little did she know, not too far from the meadow, in the trees her pack mate stood mirroring Kenna with her own gaze focused upon the stars...
[html]

(306) fluteess

Her figure was cloaked in a soft green fabric, though the weather seemed slightly warmer and she might not need a cloak, though the smell of her mother still lingered on it after a few years and she couldn't help but use the tattered thing all the time despite her roaming about in her four-legged forms. A sigh escaped her ivory maw as she looked downwards, wooden flute clasped in her slender hand covered in a thin layer of fur. Perhaps she could serenade the birds sleeping in their nests? She was sure no one else was nearby, and standing in the clearing made her feel more happy than she normally was.

The Australian Shepherd couldn't help but raise the eccentrically carved instrument, a gift carved by her more famous brother - Helios, to her lips, breathing in deeply with her fingers positioned accurately over the holes required to play her first note. With grace, she blew into the instrument, fingers moving swiftly as she drew from the low note up into the upper register, carving a majestic piece of scales that might be considered mis-matched, though with the crescendos and slurs the blue merle dog was able to blend them together.

In attempts not to disrupt her playing, Mayflower lowered to the ground, sitting with her legs slightly bent and stuck out to the side, eyes narrowing in a peaceful fashion as she played on, lowering the flute only after a minute or so as to catch her breath, nose twitching at the scent of another. "Oh dear!" she exclaimed, righting her position before standing up and looking around, drawing a hood over her floppy-eared head, looking downwards and allowing the fabric to fall and cover her front, flute grasped in her hand. "Anyone else about?" she inquired, looking around and peering through the trees.

Mayflower

<style>
.freetable-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.freetable-a01-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; color:#07152A; font-family: "monotype corsiva", sans-serif; text-shadow:#AAAEB5 0px 0px 5px;}
.freetable-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.freetable-a01 b {color:#14233A; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.freetable-a01 {background-color:#3D4858; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #AAAEB5; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C4C9D0; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.freetable-a01-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.freetable-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #14233A; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Mayflower is adorable! <3

[html]

As Kenna's voice faded into the night, a content sigh escaped her muzzle as she then reclined upon her haunches and watched the stars. As time passed, not too far away, Kenna's ears perked as she picked up the soft flowing notes a what sounded like a flute rising into the darkness. Curious, the collie-wolf rose to her paws again and started to quietly make her way towards the melody. At this hour she wondered who was out and lamenting to the skies. It could only be a pack mate, since no loner would be stupid enough to trespass and start making noise so close to the most inhabited area of the pack. Or at least, that's what she figured.

Kenna wasn't of high enough rank yet to have gained the privilege of greeting newcomers at the borders. Due to this, she was often taken by surprise when she came across a new face inside the pack. As she came upon the reclined, cloaked shepherd woman, it was no different. Ears lifting and her head tipping to the side, Kenna observed the unfamiliar canine in silence from behind in the shadows of the trees. But the breeze picked up then and must have carried her scent, for suddenly the girl's beautiful music cut off sharply and she stood and called out in the dark softly. Smiling at the girl's seeming timidness, Kenna stepped forward, being sure to make some noise so as not to startle her new pack mate further. Don't stop playing just 'cause of me...That was a beautiful song... She complimented the short statured female. I didn't mean to interrupt you. I was just in the area and heard you playing. I wanted to see who it was. She wagged her tail friendly before suddenly shifting up into her Optime form. She was quite a bit taller than the merle pelted woman, but Kenna never used that to intimidate anyone. I'm Kenna...I haven't seen you around before. Are you new to the pack? She asked, curious and smiled kindly as she held out a paw in greeting.

<style>
.kfox {
border:1px solid #000000;
background-image:url(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... atab2x.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:top center;
width:500px;
margin:0 auto 5px auto;
padding:206px 0 0 0;
}
.kfox .inside {
height:370px;
margin:0 5px 5px 5px;
overflow:auto;

color:#291F04;
font-family:'Times New Roman', Times, Serif;
font-size:14px;
text-shadow:#B48306 0 0 3px;
}
.kfox .inside p {
padding:5px 10px;
text-indent:15px;
}
.kfox .inside p:first-child { padding-top:0; }
.kfox .inside p:last-child { padding-bottom:0; }
.kfox .inside b { color:#221C0E; }
.kfox .inside b:before { content:open-quote; }
.kfox .inside b:after { content:close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Form :: Lupus/Sucui/Optime

"T-thanks," Mayflower stuttered, eyes widening slightly as she gripped at her flute with both hands, grinning slightly at the other female. "And me and my brother were just accepted a week ago or so," she continued in her quiet voice, nodding slowly as she spoke.

Standing just over five feet tall, Mayflower was obviously shorter, and her timidness matched her size. "I'm Mayflower," she introduced rather quietly, scrunching her thick neck downwards a bit in attempts to seem smaller, arms retreating into her cloak.

Word Count :: 000 | OOC :: thanks c: and I'm sorry for my terrible post ;=;
Darlin' I need you,

I need you like ships need the sea~

template by revo.

table by ann. <3

[/html]
You're doing fine, hon. :3

[html]

Kenna couldn't help but feel sympathy for the shy female. She was very timid and quiet and it was a little worrying for the cowgirl. Kenna hadn't been so shy when she'd first joined, but rather just nervous and a bit awkward. This phase lasted a while, but the more she got to know her pack mates the more comfortable she became around them. Still smiling softly and reassuringly at the smaller woman, Kenna nodded at her thanks. What can I say, you're a natural with the flute. She continued to praise, hoping the shepherd girl would feel more at ease.

"Me and my brother were just accepted a week ago or so." Kenna paused, ears perking. Hearing that she had a brother, Kenna's interest grew. She started to ask a question but her new pack mate introduced herself before she could speak. "I'm Mayflower." Kenna dipped her head respectfully responding in her moderate western drawl. A pleasure to meet ya miss Mayflower. She dropped her paw back to her side as the shy woman tucked herself further into her cloak. Kenna wished she knew how to make the girl more comfortable. Your brother wouldn't happen to be Helios Kowl would he? She asked, slightly tipping her head. Now looking over the small woman, she did look very much like the short man she'd come across in Ethereal Eclipse a little time ago. He'd said his sister and him intended to join Cercatori d'Arte, perhaps this was her. Helios had mentioned she played the flute too, so it seemed very likely that this was the sister he'd referred to. Kenna wagged her tail and then decided to sit on a low growing branch of a tree behind her. She hoped that by sitting and cutting her height in half, Mayflower wouldn't feel so intimidated.

<style>
.kfox {
border:1px solid #000000;
background-image:url(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... atab2x.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:top center;
width:500px;
margin:0 auto 5px auto;
padding:206px 0 0 0;
}
.kfox .inside {
height:370px;
margin:0 5px 5px 5px;
overflow:auto;

color:#291F04;
font-family:'Times New Roman', Times, Serif;
font-size:14px;
text-shadow:#B48306 0 0 3px;
}
.kfox .inside p {
padding:5px 10px;
text-indent:15px;
}
.kfox .inside p:first-child { padding-top:0; }
.kfox .inside p:last-child { padding-bottom:0; }
.kfox .inside b { color:#221C0E; }
.kfox .inside b:before { content:open-quote; }
.kfox .inside b:after { content:close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/ibsW9.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

Floppy ears placed elegantly at the sides of her gently carved head perked up slightly as the other girl spoke, a smile drawing across her maw of gentle ivory color. "Thanks," she whispered, as she had no other response to a kind compliment like the one that Kenna had just given her. With a nod, she turned her attention to the other words that the cow-girl seemingly individual had spoken.

"Oh, yeah, that's him," she stated, nodding once again as she responded, amber eyes wide as she took in what surrounded the other pack member and also her larger size, clasping her hands near each other and scrunching her neck up slightly as she did most often. It was obvious that she was an incredibly bashful individual, and most of the people she meant saw this about herself. Exhaling, Mayflower continued to grip her flute as though it would keep her safe from .. nothing, as she was sure there wasn't anything to worry about lurking in the shadows just behind her turned back.

Sucking in a breath of air, as she had realized that she'd forgotten to breath in again, Mayflower blinked. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well," she continued hesitantly in her voice as soft as wool. The Australian Shepherd watched silently as Kenna sat down, now feeling much to big for the world, so she sat down as well even if Kenna was aiming to seem smaller than herself. Childishly, the humanoid dog stared ahead with some sort of twinkle in her eye. 'Course, she was sure she could trust this girl, so why not draw away some of her bashfulness in attempts to fit in a tad bit more?

"So um.. how long have you been in the pack?" she inquired, speaking somewhat louder than she had before, a soft smile still drawn across her muzzle cheerfully. Although shy, Mayflower was attempting to be more outgoing around other pack members as she was no longer a loner and she was sure that none of the persons in this place would dare hurt her or do some odd things like so. Still smiling in a joyous fashion, she patiently waited for the canine to speak again, setting her flute down on the ground beside on of her legs crossed to precisely in a somewhat comfortable sitting position, placing her hands on her oddly bony knees covered in a layer of caramel colored fur that also appeared around her beautifully hued eyes.

[/html]
"You're welcome." The collie woman smiled as her pack mate acknowledged her praise. It seemed though that Kenna's every attempt to soothe the other femme was futile. The kind words, though accepted, still did nothing to break the girl's shyness. Even when she took a seat on the branch, it had the opposite effect for Mayfllower then sat down too. Kenna sighed quietly and nodded as the merle colored woman confirmed her suspicion that Helios was her sibling. She made a mental note to try and find him and see how he was settling in as well. "You two look a very alike. I couldn't miss the family resemblance." She chuckled and flicked her tail. "Though in personality, these two are like polar opposites..." The cowgirl mused to herself, watching her company with gentle eyes. Of what she could see of Mayflower, she was very pretty. Her coat was marbled and looked very soft. Her eyes also caught Kenna's attention, marked as they were by the caramel brown colored fur. It made a smile rise on the hybrid's face again as she wondered if her other packmate, Dalgina had asked to paint the shy woman yet as she had with Kenna. Her pelt was much more beautiful than her own...

A moment of silence passed between the two of them but Mayflower continued to smile amiably, reassuring Kenna now that perhaps the timidness was just how she was. At least the shepherd was making and effort to get passed it. "So um.. how long have you been in the pack?" Her soft voice rose into the night again and Kenna chuckled lightly. "I've been here for about five months now. I'm mainly hangin' around the stables and taking care of the animals." She told her fellow d'Artisan. "I have my stallion, Dust in a stall there. " She explained, twitching her ears. "Do you like Cercatori so far?" She asked then, always curious to hear newcomer's first impressions of the pack. It was small talk, but sometimes that was the best way to get a conversation going. Kenna found that the longer one talked the more relaxed things could become.