you know you left your mark
[html]
OOC stuff here....

He had spoken to Soran the night before, and been informed that his mother had gone missing seemingly before the hurricane. He made his way into New Dawn, knowing he was allowed to visit his family. Fayne was pregnant, and Sky and the pups were here as well. Myrddin had chosen to stay home this visit, preferring to continue attempting to salvage whatever he could from the ruins of their house. The pale healer shuddered as the overwhelming feeling of being trapped rose up in him again. The memories were vivid enough to make him feel ill.

He stopped not far from the borders, and sent up a howl, requesting his family, specifically his ex-mate or his brother. He wanted to hear from them what was going on, wanted to hear how his family here had survived the hurricane. He fidgeted impatiently, running his fingers through his perpetually messy mane. Where he had stopped was a decent enough sized clearing. Even the press of trees made him feel ill at times. Claustrophobia. Not a fear he'd needed, but nonetheless something learned in his time trapped in the ruins of his house.

<style type="text/css">
.talleftmark b {font-weight:bold; color:#d1bfd7;}
.talleftmark p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.talleftmark {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/e7feid.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 140px 4px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/faVvr.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

WORDCOUNT: 209 (+1)

His call was unforgettable. Unforgivable at times, as well. Still, she obeyed. She'd been musing the possibility of a litter with Shawchert, the idea of it something that both excited and scared her. A feeling of guilt even worked its way into her, as she trotted along speedily to the location of the howl. In her haste, she hadn't even bothered to let anyone at the clinic know. She shifted on the way, into her now usual lupus form and stopped at the edge of the clearing when his white fur came into view. Quickly, her tail rose, not flagging but in line with her spine perfectly, the tip crooked upwards. She didn't seem hostile, though. "You've faired well with the hurricane. Look plenty fine. I suppose Myrddin's alright, then?" She spoke civily, though a touch short. Her fur bristled at the thought of bad news.

Even as she stood there, her blue eyes scanned the white Rhiannon male over. He didn't look very comfortable. Good. She was still sore about a lot of things- despite whatever caused his unease, she was satisfied. No fighting today, though- she'd behave, as a Delta should. Her position change was a good one. She rarely tucked tail anymore. It felt good.

[/html]
[html]
OOC stuff here....

She arrived, her posture neutral. He had eased into a sitting position, knowing she followed the customs of the New Dawn pack and traveled on four paws, and not two. She looked him over, and he returned her gaze measure for measure, his hands resting on his knees, his legs crossed under him. Her short tone made his ears twitch, his own voice strained with the attempt to be civilized.

"Myrddin was fine. He got out of the house before it was destroyed." A haunted look was in his eyes, but he didn't continue on that line of speech, didn't tell her he'd been trapped for three days before Skye had braved the storm, risking her life, to rescue him from the rubble of his home. "I came to be sure that my family here was alright. Spoke to Soran last night, she said my mother is missing, and seems to have vanished before the hurricane. Are Cody and Lena okay? How about Noah and Fayne?"

His tail had curled around him, his hands absently picking out burrs and bits of dried leaves from the creamy white fur. He picked at a knot, not looking at her. Images of the last time they'd spoken were playing in his mind, reminding him how much like his bastard father he was at times. Guilt rose in him, not for the first time, and he swallowed it back. He wouldn't mention it, not if she didn't. And given the cold reception she gave him, she wouldn't mention it. (Unless it was to threaten to make him a eunuch.)

<style type="text/css">
.talleftmark {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/e7feid.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 140px 4px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WORDCOUNT: 301 (+3)

His answers matched her own and she found herself oddly... amused at it. As he spoke, he confirmed her suspicions. Myrddin was fine. Good. But the house was destroyed. Bad. He went on to ask about the kids, Noah and Fayne, distracting her from the ruined house. That place she'd grown in, the house that had so much history- gone. Forever. "The kids are fine. Cody's around. Lena moved to Vinatta to find her own path." The bit about Lena was mentioned calmly, almost proudly. She'd finally fledged, where her brother had decided to remain in New Dawn. "Fayne is fine. Recovering. She had her pups. Two girls. Beautiful little ones. Noah's been playing the part of hapless father since." She smiled now, the first real smile he'd see on her in a while. As she smiled, the tension from her died away- everyone was safe. There was no reason to be angry anymore.

So for a moment, she let silence do the talking. She forgave him, hoped he forgived her. She didn't want to fight anymore. Cody had taken up arms agaisnt Myrddin and Taliesin, thinking them unworthy of his love and affection anymore and seeing this in her boy had hurt her. She thrived to show him the good of his brother and father but there was nothing she could do to prove it. "...You should visit Lena in Vinatta. She'd like to hear from you again. She misses you." She stated softly, her fur finally flattening where it had bristled before. "Jiva and Drin are with her. They left and she went with them. For the better, I suppose- she never did like her lupus form once she'd started shifting. Vinatta will be good for her." At this point, anything to fill the silence. Anything at all.

[/html]
[html]
OOC stuff here....

He was relieved to hear that Cody and Lena were okay, though the news of Lena moving came as a surprise to him. In a way, it was a new betrayal to him. Sky had taken them away from him to teach them. He knew in his heart that it wasn't the case, but he felt that Lena moving to Vinatta was a betrayal because that was more family further away from him. And yet that was more family spread around Souls. More family in another pack, the Rhiannon bloodline very nearly had family in each pack now. Unless things had changed, only three packs didn't contain some version of the Rhiannon bloodlines. Inferni, Sangi'lak, and Cour de Miracles.

And Noah and Fayne had brought more Rhiannon blood into the world. A smile quirked his lips, the tension leaving his stiff shoulders. "I always knew Noah would be a good dad. I'm glad he gets to prove it..." He swallowed, then spoke again. "I don't know Jiva or Drin, but I have a sort of adopted sister there. Colibri Soul. She's not blood to me, but she is to my half sister, Willow. I'm glad Lena has friends there, though...I'll have to go see her." A small smile, sad and longing. He'd barely seen her, barely got to see her growing up. The last time he'd saw her had been the brief glimpse at the borders of D'Arte. "Myrddin doesn't use his lupus form either. He says its too constricting, he likes his hands. He's learning quicker than I ever did about herbs. He makes his own salt and soaps too." Proud and rueful at the same time. Proud of his son's skills, rueful that the boy would soon outstrip him and go in search of new things to learn elsewhere.

"Thinking of that...I lost pretty much all my herbs when my house was destroyed. And the garden was uprooted too. I was hoping you might have some spares on hand you could part with... I had hoped to ask mother too..." His ears wilted back. "I know Soran said she wasn't sure.... that Zalen had mentioned my mom being missing for some time. I just...I can't imagine her being missing for Fayne's birthing, missing out on Cody and Lena... she loved spending time with them. You don't... you don't think anything happened to her, do you?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WORDCOUNT: 430 (+4)

She felt herself relaxing as he spoke. She'd come to know Noah as a brother and the kids loved him. He'd been a great help for her when she'd been making the clinic, watching her two wild children and giving them the loving father figured they'd needed, where she could not spare the same soft, gentle affection. It wasn't in her, to. She could play, train, teach, nurture- but Lena and Cody had missed out on those tender moments- so few. She had trailed off in thought, but she caught the name Colibri and smiled, listing again. "Mention Colibri to Lena. I'm sure she'd love to meet more of the family." She noted, her tail twitching.

He went on to speak of Myrddin and she listened with perked ears. Her little healer! She smiled, despite the tear between them now. "He's got a good mix of healing blood in 'im. He'll outshine us both in that field." She commented in agreement, offering a laugh at how silly it sounded- how corny. Her smile fell at the mention of lost supplies and she looked away in thought. The mention of Soran brought her back to him, her expression turning sombered. Deuce. "...I don't know." She admitted, sounding frustrated over it.

"Noah spoke to me about it. I don't know what to do about it, after what happened with Titania. If the Alphess herself is to be abandoned, what of an unrelated elder?" Sky's voice was bitter, eyes becoming cold. After a moment, it softened again. "We're all worried for her. She does know how to take care of herself, though, and she's always had a rogue's paw." It was wishful thinking. Sky was terrified for the woman. Deuce had become that mother figure where she'd had none in her life. Like Noah, Deuce was family. Just like Titania was. She feared the loss of yet another family member, into the unknown where she dared not tread at risk of punishment. It was strict and forbading, but the pack was home, family and the good outweighed the bad by far.

...but lately, the days were seeming dim and gray. She craved that freedom deep down and the temptation to leave could pull her to the borders, but never beyond. Her life as a rogue had given her that same Rogue's Paw, but her love for her family held her rooted. The risk of leaving them alone, unforgivable. If only she could find another way- eyes outside of the pack. Her mind started buzzing, thoughts of herbs a distant memory.

[/html]
((Posting from my phone, no table.))

His ears fell as she spoke, admitting she didn't know where Deuce was. He had hoped that maybe his mother was off sulking, maybe. Or even that she'd made her way to Halifax to hide a drinking binge from the pack. Not that he thought his mother was drinking again, but it was a thought. Maybe... Again the fear of something happening to his mother came to him.

He dropped his head, his shoulders slumping. Sky was right. If New Dawn could abandon the alphas mate, they would certainly dismiss Deuces disappearance as being unworthy of note. He had help, though. He was the right hand man in D'Arte. He could get the traders to watch for the Rhiannon matriarch. He could inform Jazper, Jaz could keep the Cavlerites looking too. Anger rose in him as he realized that those two packs alone would care more than his mother's own pack. "I'll stay tonight, and leave tomorrow. I need to tell Jaz so he can make his pack look. I'll get D'Arte looking. We'll find mother, even if the pack she chose doesn't care about her enough to look."

He swallowed a lump back as his tone softened. "You are right, Rhiannon has always guided her paws and kept her safe. This time won't be any different. "