down to rest
Ohai, I take forever sometimes. *plays dead*
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Hovering over Jasper, she placed her hand on his forehand for the sixth time in an hour as though she were going to find that the fever he had come down with broken and gone away. It comforted her a little bit to know that he was asleep, but at the same time he had shivered and cried out from time to time. Whether or not he was dreaming was lost on her, though occasionally his expression changed to something else. Somewhere on the other side of the room to her back, Laruku had been just as silent as he could have been. But she hadn't made a sound for him to react to and he only shuffled unknowingly when she had come in.

_____The only things Corona had been doing for the past hour was encourage them to sleep and to be still. She reapplied the damp cloth to her younger siblings forehead and stroked his head for a moment thereafter, wishing there was something more she could have done. The vials that she had brought earlier were now empty, the weird concoction of herbs and roots that had been boiled and given to them had for the most part kept them calm. Treating the symptoms had been the best thing she had come up with so far, but even at that it was only minor help. It didn't totally alleviate their problems, it wasn't the miracle cure that she wanted to find.

[/html]
[html]

<3 we should set this after ahren tries to attack endy. 8D he is so awkward.

Endymion was sprinting through the trees like he was being chased by the hounds of hell. After that ordeal with Ahren, he had taken off, much to shaken to deal with anything at the moment. When he had reached the coast, he collapsed on the sand, taking advantage of the brief sunlight. Before he knew it, however, he was waking up from a fitful slumber, covered in sand and sweat. His mind had reeled. What time is it? Where am I? And then he remembered; he had a job to do! He couldn't just lay around while people were dying. He had leapt up, running until he reached the trees and the docile border of Esper Hollow, but he hadn't stopped. And he didn't stop until he reached the shack.
The scent caught him off guard, though it wasn't totally unfamiliar. He had detected it several times throughout the territory and especially near the shed, but he hadn't come across its owner. Endymion allowed himself to remain outside for a few moments more to catch his breath and calm his frenzied mind. He was a bit eager to meet this stranger who apparently had an interest in the invalids, but he needed to be composed to do so. What would they think if he came bursting in, breathless and wide-eyed?
After a few moments he sighed, climbed the steps and opened the door. His eyes immediately flickered to Laruku, Jasper, and then the golden woman kneeling over the latter of the two; that must be her reason for coming. She was startling to say the least, though not at all unpleasant looking. He had never seen such a bright color. Clearing his throat awkwardly, Endymion crossed the room to the cupboard he kept his supplies in and dug out a few vials of his own, along with a small plastic cup and a large baster. He sprinkled some of the contents of each vial into the cup, placed them back into the cupboard and retrieved a near-empty water jug. Pouring the remaining water into the cup, Endymion stirred the mixture for a few seconds and sucked it up with the baster. Then he walked over to Jasper and the woman, extending the baster to her. "Give him this if his fever is still there," he said. "It'll help."
[/html]
Whenever you want to set it is fine with me. Big Grin
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____She was used to Rachias popping in and checking on them all, but the figure who came in was far too bulky to be her. Corona's gaze left Jasper as she regarded him with a level of caution, wondering if he was one of the few wolves who lived in Esper Hollow. If anything, she thought if she were to be ousted, it would be one of those moments. But after a few seconds, it didn't seem like he was there to tell her to leave, instead he was putting something together.

_____The smells were slightly familiar, even similar to what she had concocted earlier and it wasn't before too long that he was offering it to her. She took the cup and looked to Jasper expectantly, as though he was in a position to react to their presence. “I'll do that. I didn't know that there were others who knew about medicine in this place. I've been treating all of their symptoms off and on for the past few days.” Between caring for Talitha and finding the herbs, Corona had almost had a full plate when it came to a time breakdown.

_____“I'm Corona,” she offered, giving up a smile to the tawny man. At the very least, she relieved that there was someone else who knew what they were doing. Between Poe, herself, and Rachias, adding a fourth to the mess certainly meant that they were being well taken care of. “This one is my brother, Jasper. The other is a friend of mine and the man in the shed is my father. I've been going back and forth between here and Inferni trying to take care of them and my niece.”

[/html]
Sorry for the wait. D:
[html]

"Endymion Russo," he replied, returning her smile with a small one of his own. It was a relief to know that he was not alone in treating the men. With Rachias and this new woman, Corona, things could be easier. They had a better chance of recovery. But, Endymion wasn't thinking about that at the moment. When she indicated her relation to each man, an odd lump in his throat suddenly formed. They all had someone looking out for them, loving them. That meant the most to him. He couldn't give them the hope and comfort a relative or friend could, and he couldn't stroke their hair or hold their hands and hum their favorite songs. After a few seconds the lump went away, and thankfully tears never reached his eyes. He exhaled slowly, silently.
After reading between the lines of her speech, of course, he went back to the big picture. "Really?" he asked rhetorically when she stated she was Ahren's daughter. He smiled wryly, and the scabs cracked on his mouth, reminding him. Ignoring them, he gave his attention to the gold woman. The bit about Inferni and the niece was interesting. He'd heard about the war, but the significance of the niece part escaped him. "What's the matter with her?" he asked quietly as he turned and sat in his chair, between the two men.
[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ona/t8.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____He seemed surprised to know that she was Ahren's daughter and though she nodded, she though they bore a resemblance that naturally named them father and daughter. But it was probably the coyote physique she bore that threw them all off in the end; quarter-coyote or not, Corona may as well have been one on build alone. “Some fools from Dahlia de Mai took her hostage. We got her back through negotiations but she's very shook up about everything. She's only a child,” and that was about as much as she was willing to give.

_____There was a resentment in her voice that burned like the spark in her eyes, but the war was over. Corona had no desire to visit their part of the coast and even less desire to talk about it with too many others. But Esper Hollow was a neutral party; an ally, even. “But I appreciate you keeping vigil over them when I'm not here,” she went on to say, the deep seated angry settling and her usual demeanour sitting in its place. Though Endymion seemed to be a little roughed up on the edges, she figured he hadn't been around too long. Who knew where he had come from and though his surname should have rung a distant bell, she couldn't hear it.

_____It had simply been too long.

[/html]
Sorry for the wait, againnn.
[html]

Endymion was a family man through and through. He lived for them. His ultimate goal was to protect and provide for them. It was strange, then, that he wasn't with those he loved the most. His mother and aunt were off in the wilderness, looking for one another in a wild goose chase, or something, all alone. Or were they? He had no idea where they could be now. He still couldn't think the word 'dead'; he couldn't entertain the idea that his siblings, Legacy, Merit, Miriad, and Amaury might be dead. To him, they were wandering the wilderness like Fatin and Alarice, though it wasn't much more comfort. He wanted them here, now, where he could protect them. But they weren't, so he had to do the next best thing, what his mother asked him to do; stay with Laurent, and (as he resolved himself) support and protect him in his endeavours.
The wolf cringed as Corona revealed the vague details about her niece. Endymion understood and shared her anger, though all he did to show it was shake his head and sigh. Crimes against children were unforgivable in his opinion, and he knew many would agree with him. If anyone hurt his young siblings or any of his young relatives he would be sure to destroy them. And since his few months away from Souls, he was finally capable of doing that. Before his thoughts could get out of control, Corona surprised Endymion by expressing her appreciation for him. Letting out a bashful chuckle, the wolf mussed up the back of his head and looked at the wooden floor. "It's no problem. I just hope my time amounts to something," he mumbled. He was the same awkward Endymion with a few new scars.
[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ona/t8.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____“I'm sure it will,” she assured him, not seeing why it wouldn't. “They all seem to feel a little bit better in knowing that someone is around.” But then again, most of the time they didn't know who was there and who wasn't. Sometimes they just cried anyway, talked words that made no sense and made sounds. Corona often found herself having a hard time deciding whether or not they were asleep and dreaming or just lying there with their eyes shut. “I just hope that I find out what it is that's wrong with them. I know they're suffering through it right now even when we give them things,” and she didn't want to lose them either, so knowing that they still felt pain and still complained about it meant that they were just that more alive instead of slipping away into more comatose states. Save for Jasper, who seemed like he was in more of a coma than not most of the time.

[/html]