[p] a foot in the door
[html]

3 October, twilight, at Jordheim!

It felt odd to be in her two legs more often that in her four-legged form.

It was definitely a nice change of pace, and she would sometimes even circle the woods right outside of the little hub of underground houses just to merely walk, basically sucking up the feeling that she was able to go about without having to worry about weird stares going her way. Well, maybe people would still find her odd for walking about in loops, but it didn't bother her that much. It was better to be judged for something silly and easily forgettable, like a funny joke, than to be thought of with something that viewed in a negative light.

She did not spend long doing such in any case, and decided she should start to tidy up her house. Her house. Even the thought made her excited, and after carefully maneuvering through the streets she still were trying to remember, she came upon her own little place. It wasn't terribly dirty at all for an underground place, she thought, only a thin layer of dust was what she had found within. She could only guess someone before her lived in it, and left it in pretty decent condition. She didn't bother with the dust, though, since it didn't bother her, and it took her only a minute of walking about the house to realize two things. One, she couldn't really tell if the house was clean or not, and secondly, she didn't really care if it was messy or not.

So, there was only one thing left to do. Sit and wait outside on the front lawn, posed as if she was expecting someone. Well, she was. It was really only a matter of time before he came across her, one way or another. After all, she was his newest neighbor, right down the dirt path.

<style type="text/css">
.shiningplant b {font-weight:bold; color:#77b03f; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.shiningplant .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.shiningplant p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shiningplant {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f9f5d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6604B.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #727061; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#727061; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

[358]
omnomnom -gobbles up the cutie leeeennnnieeee-

Teme Lupus is by Alaine!

The clean-up since the hurricane had hit Vinátta had affected them all and for the last week, Temeraire had been a busy boy. His encounter with Eclipse, before she and Robert had left once more for Cercatori had been enlightening and had sparked an interest in the male that kept him up at night thinking. He hadn't had much of a chance to practise with Eclipse's bow, but he'd certainly been hooked on the thoughts of trying to learn more. It had turned his attention to the rarely used bow that was in his fathers house- Temeraire barely remembered his brief stint at the Winter Festival, he was still very small. But he knew the bow had come from there and he'd been hooked since Eclipse's short lesson.

Regardless, Temeraire had been busy- the flooded houses in Jordheim had been flushed of their stagnant water and the boy had tried to do his best to assess the damage. He knew the Sacred Grove had been defaced by a fallen tree, but he knew he wouldn't be welcome there. Miskunn and Lilin seemed to be handling it, so he assumed there were others helping them. His services, limited as they were, had been applied to the stables today- there had been some damage to the wooden doors and windows and the boy had gone over not only to help with that, but to make sure the horses were okay. It seemed they were doing well, despite the terror of the night a week or so ago.

Tired, he was moving back towards his house when a tantalising scent caught him, stopping him in his tracks. It was her, the dark girl who'd been on his mind. He'd been concerned, hoping nothing bad had happened to her since the hurricane had battered their homes. Moving without realising, he followed it and rounded the corner of his own house to gasp at the sight of the blind female sitting a few yards away. Lennie! What are you doing here? He grinned, the amusement clear in his voice as he darted forward, wanting to pick her up in a hug but refraining.

<style>
#artTXT {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#artTXT p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

<3 !!

About a couple of minutes of sitting, quiet and still, she came to the conclusion she was bored of doing this. Only her excitement to hear Temeraire's reaction to her simply laying in front of what was now her home as if she had been part of the picture all along kept her from moving from her posed spot. But, it did not keep her mind from wandering, and she was lost in her thoughts until she heard the breath of air.

Her head whipped around to face where the gasp had came from, and grinned when the boy spoke. "Hello, Temeraire," she greeted lightly and casually, having been rehearsing what she would say to get the ultimate reaction from him. Her tone suddenly turned confused, but she couldn't keep the edge of laughter out of it, "And, what do you mean, what I am doing here? I live here, where else would I be at in this late hour?" It wasn't really dark yet, in fact light still spilled strong despite the sun's disappearance beyond the horzion, but it was not as if she could tell.

She hopped onto her feet, and decided she couldn't deal with the façade, and simply stated brightly, throwing up her arms to emphasize her words, "I joined Vinátta!" With that, she didn't give any warning and moved rather quickly and suddenly towards Temeraire, seeking to surprise hug him like she had the time he had visited New Dawn to see her.

<style type="text/css">
.shiningplant {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f9f5d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6604B.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #727061; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#727061; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

[359]
omnomnom

Teme Lupus is by Alaine!

Her casual pose surprised him, before he considered that it was deliberate. Who, in their right might, would simply be laying on the grass outside his house in the twilight? It was getting later in the year, the warmth of summer waning considerably. He'd seen the explosion that had happened to his Uncle Niernan- he'd become so hairy that he looked like he'd doubled in size and he'd heard the male complaining of a 'Arctic' heritage. Temeraire wasn't sure what that meant, but he'd noticed a similar change in himself- he was bulking out, his muscles growing at a rate that corresponded to his vigorous daily activities, his new obsession with hunting, his affinity for climbing. One simply did not lay out here for pleasure at this time of year, he concluded.

Her casual pose was mirrored in her casual words as she greeted him and the boy couldn't help the snicker that escaped him. He didn't know what came she was playing, but he was going to be playing along. Hello Lena He drawled, the cocky grin returned to his features as he stepped forward, his toes brushing her leg for a moment before he came to a stop a few yards away. Her next words caused a dark chuckle to escape him. Her tone was perfectly innocent and he felt the answering curl of his lips. A good point, why else would you be laying on the grass outside of my home this late? He conceded, unable to stop the swing of his tail.

It seemed she'd reached a breaking point in her little game and with a confident move, she was upright and facing him. He was powerless to stop his hand moving out to touch her cheek before she'd moved closer, her arms high in the air before her explanation came, high-pitched and girly. Without warning she moved forward, arms coming around his neck as she squeezed him. He couldn't help wrapping his arms around her waist and tugging her close. When did this happen? How come you left New Dawn? He asked, chin resting atop her shoulder as he refused to let her go.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

this is me

While she was glad that she had caught him off guard, it was funner when he started to play right along with the game that was becoming exceedingly hard to act out without flashing an involuntarily grin or becoming impatient. She felt his toes brush against her legs, and she turned her head upwards as he went along with the pretense and rhetorically asked her why else she would be on his lawn. "I could have been waiting on you, and I have been sitting here all day long for you," she said thoughtfully, having to keep her lips downcast or else they would upturn. How cheesy would that have been, if she had the attention span and drive to sit still for so long. Maybe she would have done it, in reality, maybe she would not have. Whatever the case, she could possibly tease him with it.

She thought she felt a motion made towards her, but it was only until she had jumped onto her feet, bursting the nonchalant bubble, did she truly notice it. But, the thought did not linger long on her mind as she leaped at Temeraire, and felt his arms secure her into place as she wrapped her own around his neck. She settled her head into the crook of his neck, being too short to reach anywhere else, and smiled to herself as he pulled them closer. "I joined just yesterday, with two other former New Dawn wolves—I told you about Palaydrian, right? She and her mate and I came here."

"Nothing happened at New Dawn, really, I just got real bored of the place. I decided, 'Why not visit the houses underground?' and thought it wouldn't hurt to live in one of them." Most of what she said was true, though the technical term was not that she was bored of New Dawn, but it sounded more impressive if she worded it like that. She stepped on the tip of her toes for a moment in excitement. "I'm a Reesan now, or something!" All the Norse—she was told that what the funny words were—confused her, and she really didn't take the time to remember them. She moved on to something more interesting than her new rank, and asked Temeraire, brushing a hand against his cheek, seeking to see what kind of expression he had, "But, how are you? Any lighter on you feet?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

[464]
cuuuteeenesss

Teme Lupus is by Alaine!

His smile widened into a full-blown grin as she answered his rhetorical teasing. She was well up to the challenge of keeping up with him and that pleased him greatly. While Elias had been a dependable friend, he'd been meek and submissive. Ink hadn't been around enough for Temeraire to gauge much of a profile of anything. He'd thought often about his meetings with Lena and how comfortable he was with her. The snort was loud and full of amusement as they'd embraced, her head resting on his shoulder and his own cheek resting against the top of her head. I don't think you would have been... His voice was low and rumbled, though his teasing was obvious.

It felt good to have her in his arms, though he had no idea why it felt this good. He perhaps hadn't realised just how much he'd missed her, when she'd returned to New Dawn. Now that he held her close, the boy felt an incredibly strong possessive urge. He couldn't explain it and didn't want to think too hard about it- the feeling was foreign to him. While he'd had his fair share of lessons when he was younger about sharing and giving to others, he didn't think he'd ever felt this bad. Swallowing with difficulty, white-rimmed ears flickered forward as she spoke. She'd only been here a day and he chuckled softly against her head. He remembered her mentioning Palaydrian and nodded softly. I'm glad you have someone from home. He said, his tone unusually soft.

She explained that nothing had happened, as such, in New Dawn, but a lust for something other, something different, had driven her to Vinátta. He couldn't help but grin once more as a thought occurred to him. Don't lie, Lennie. You missed me too much and thought you'd stalk me over here." He taunted, squeezing her body closer for a moment as if to prevent her from hitting him or something similar. Her body shifted against his own anyway and he reduced the pressure of his embrace, before her excited words caused an explosive laugh from him. You mean a Risna? He asked, the amusement plain in his voice. Still in his embrace, she'd moved back slightly and her hand moved up to touch his face, to which he smiled. Her own question caused a nod from him.

I'd say so. I'm doing alright, hunting a lot. But I think I'm getting a bit restless... I don't know. He finished with a shrug, rubbing his face against her hand for a moment. He couldn't quite verbalise the thoughts in his head and he gave up. He bounced back quickly however and with a mischievous grin, he moved his hands quickly to her sides, fingers wriggling to tickle her.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

/dies from cuteness

"Oh, you don't think I would?" she prompted, trying to insert some disappointment into her voice. "Maybe I should, just to prove you wrong. Wouldn't you do the same?" Despite the fact Lena valued herself to the point of near narcissism, she did not think the boy had it in him to wait what would seem like forever—the hours in a day could lengthen at their own accord. Both the impatient sort was how she saw the two of them, and it would more likely be one seeking out the other than to purposely wait for the other to arrive. If she had known the territory well enough, perhaps she wouldn't have sat on the lawn and went out to see him herself.

It felt nice to be hugged; it seemed to be a rare treat that the sweettooth could never get enough of. Sky would often embrace her, but it was not often they would both in their Optime forms, and then everyone in New Dawn generally stayed on four paws—she couldn't even remember if she ever had a hug outside of her family. The way Temeraire's hugs felt definitely different to the blind girl than it would from Cody or her mother, and she could not place how it was different. But, she was certain that the slippery, evasive feeling was a nice one, since she did not want to pull away, if not press closer. "I'm glad she and Jiva are here, too," she agreed, thinking back to New Dawn. Homesickness pricked her, but her fingers brushing the back of his neck and his arms wrapped around her made her forget about the guilt of leaving.

She let out a small cry of light indignation as the boy stated that she had been stalking up, and squirmed when he held her closer, preventing her from giving him a nice touch of her fist. Nothing to hurt him, of course. "I didn't stalk you!" she said instead, edges of laughter and annoyance in her tone. For some reason, she felt a little chagrin to hear Temeraire say that, even if she knew he was playing. She did miss him, especially when she worried over him during the hurricane, and to hear him tease about it made her embarrassed. Not like she was ever going to admit it, being the proud girl she was, as well she the fact she was a bit... shy what he would say to that.

She did not linger long on those thoughts, and she felt his chest rumble as he corrected her. "Yeah, whatever that is." She felt the upturn of his lips, and was glad to feel his smile, and listened as he talked, feeling his face move beneath her hands. She had a quick remark to his words, something to playfully degrade him, but his head rubbed into her hand, and she did not open her mouth, allowing the moment to pass by without her big mouth ruining it. He suddenly pulled away, and momentarily confused, she felt his fingers brushing against her side, and it left her even more puzzled.

She never had been tickled before. As she felt his dance across her sides, a humorous feeling rose to her throat and tumbled as laughter, and she tried to pull away from him, even though the feeling was funny and good. "S-stop!" she hiccuped, trying to contain her laughter, and failing. "W-what're you doing?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

[414]
-rubs cuteness all over face- omnom

Teme Lupus is by Alaine!

Their jibbing match would never come to an end- neither of them gave the other an inch and it seemed as though they would continue jesting and teasing one another until they fell asleep from exhaustion. He wouldn't give up and allow her to have the last word and neither would she- they were locked in a battle of wits that was really rather redundant, but neither of them were willing to give up. The injection of sadness, or disappointment, into her tone as she answered him tugged at him, although he logically knew she was doing it for effect. He snorted once more as she proclaimed that she would wait for him all day. We'll see about that- you don't have the patience. He chuckled, though there was a secret part of him that would have revelled in that, knowing she was waiting for him all day.

She admitted that she was glad she had someone from home with her, giving the name of the other who'd joined her. He nodded softly, knowing that no more needed to be said. If she got homesick, she could always return home for a visit- it didn't take long to travel the gap, a couple of hours at most. He'd even take her if she was unsure of the way. His internal thoughts were interrupted at her squeal of indignation- he'd automatically squeezed her tight to prevent the blow. He felt her struggle and grinned at himself for his foresight. Her retort caused another laugh from him, his body shaking at the dual-toned amusement and annoyance warring in his voice. The drop in noise from her, however, told Temeraire that there were thoughts racing through her and he wanted to know what they were.

She moved on however, dismissing his correction. He'd disconnected from her slightly, hands sliding up her sides. The motion itself caused his stomach to flutter, though he knew not why. His next breath was shaky and he gave a frown at his own behaviour. Trying hard to ignore it, his fingers began wriggling against her sides and her stutter command was ignored. Her question, however, confused him. Had she never been tickled? Brows pulled down for a moment, but his fingers didn't cease their movements. Tickling, Lennie. This is tickling. He told her, the grin returning to his features as he dug his fingers in a little more, hoping for that squeal that everyone gave when their line had been stepped over.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Her grin became crooked, and she decided to think over the challenge later and whether or not she would step up to it. It now became more of urge to prove him wrong than to show her dedication, and she wondered if she could trick him up one day and pretended that she did to see his reaction. Nah, she thought. It would be a greater effect if she actually did it, and would glean more satisfaction from whatever the boy said. It seemed a little twisted, the way she loved to pull emotions from him, but it was all in good fun, so she did not give it a second thought.

She struggled against him more as she felt and heard his rumbling laughter, and part of her wondered why she felt so embarrassed from what he said and how it could make her feel suddenly emotional. She settled on letting out a tiresome huff, and stopped her wiggling, though she made a little plan to give him a small brush of her knuckles whenever they would release each other. But, that was lost in mind as he rubbed his head into her hand. It was sort of similar like that one time, that awkward moment when they were at the borders, but for some reason this made her more nervous yet kind of giddy. It made her want to both pull away and to keep her hand there for a little while longer. But, she did not have time to reach a decision, for it was Temeraire who pulled away, and began to tickle her.

The funny feeling rose and overwhelmed herself, and it was all she could do not to flail and accidentally do something that would embarrass her in the end, giving something for Teme to jib her about. She didn't even notice the slight change within the boy, all she could think about was the the thing called "tickling". She felt his fingers move even faster, and that caused the already large, tingling sensation to grow even more, and she already couldn't take anymore. The once suppressed whine finally came out as a series of squeaks, and she tried even harder to get away from him. Backing up didn't seem to work at all, so she tried plan B, and threw herself into Temeraire, burying her face closely and trying to move her body away from his hands, the tickling becoming too much for her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]