and the war came with a curse and a caterwaul
Don't worry about matching the length, sometimes I ramble with Corona. XD;
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____It was raining, so Corona decided to take refuge in the towering mansion as she had done frequently in the past. It was a queer place to find in the middle of nowhere, but then again it seemed just right for the likes of them and certainly the right size to house them if it had to. She ventured down its hallways quietly and mostly lost in thought, though there were really a mix of things going through her head. Faolin was back, Talitha had her mother and finally someone who could devote all of their time and attention to her. Someone more who could keep an eye on her as ensure that no one else laid a finger on her.

_____So with that purpose now set aside, she knew she should have been focusing on her ailing father and brother, but her mind went elsewhere. Wherever that really was, she hadn't decided, but it was a mix of things. A mix of emotions. A little (maybe misplaced, ill-timed) disappointment that she couldn't have showered her niece in more attention, a little more concern for all of their well being. Even the worry and wonder as to whether or not Dahlia de Mai would cause them any more trouble, or perhaps even try and bother Esper Hollow. They certainly couldn't have liked the fact that they had coyotes just to the south of them, she figured.

_____Coming to a parlour, she flopped down on an antique canapé, which in Corona's mind was just a fancy couch. It was hardly big enough to lie in, even for her small stature, but she simply let her legs hang over one of the curved sides and put an arm over her blue eyes.

[/html]
[html]
mall-caps;color:#660000;">there's no one here to tuck me in, so the shotgun will instead

In the old Inferni Samael had rarely entered the house the pack had claimed as their own from the wolves. But here the mansion piqued his interest and he dared to explore it's interior. The caves were where the clan actually lived, and the house was merely an afterthought, left to nature and those curious and bored of mind. It was raining outside, droplets pounding against the roof and windows, trailing down the glass in clear rivulets. He found himself in the master bedroom, looking with interest at the remnants of once deadly weapons. A broken pistol, a dismantled shotgun, a shattered crossbow.. even if they were unusable, Samael was fascinated. Some canines had mastered bow and arrows, spears, swords, and other basic weaponry, but the power of a gun? How easy it would be to destroy many at a time. Tens, hundreds, thousands.. an army armed with such weapons could tear the world apart.
        Slipping a handgun into his bag, Samael shot a last, almost remorseful glance around the room before closing the door behind him, intending fully later to examine the gun and it's mechanisms further. In the parlor he found something else that interested him. Draped over a couch was a golden-haired woman who's familiarity stopped him in the doorway. "What's this? A ghost," he said in his quiet voice, eyeing the female. It had been a long, long time since he'd last seen his elder sister.
[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Distantly she heard a door shut and footsteps move through the mansion, eventually making their way louder and louder until they had stopped just outside of the doorway where she was. About the time Corona pulled her arm from her eyes to look through the dust to see who it was, he spoke. Samuel's words draw a long and thin smile across her muzzle, quite amused that he would refer to her as a ghost. It was so very true, she was very much the ghost as far as their family went. The one who was there and then was gone again.

_____“It's been a while, Samael,&rdquo she mused, sitting up on the settee and drawing in her younger brother's appearance in the dim light. Like so many of Kaena's children, he too was quite handsome in the low light. Much older than the last time she had seen him, so very grown up all of a sudden. Time had slipped through her hands like grains of sand, but the distaste for her younger siblings had gone away with it. But of course, like everything else, she was unsure of just how warm of a reception she would get from that same family, being the one who had continuously strayed.

[/html]
[html]
mall-caps;color:#660000;">there's no one here to tuck me in, so the shotgun will instead

As many of his older siblings Corona had been a ghost. A rumor of shared blood that had drifted in and out of vague conversations. He had been but a child that last time he'd laid eyes on his elder sister, and time had taken it's toll on the young Lykoi. He was naturally tall with delicate features and an elegant grace that was steadily becoming veiled by the scars and the inward decay that had begun plague his soul. Skeletal as a corpse with his blond-black hair unkempt, he was bred for perfection, but this had been marred by his current nature. They were all beautiful naturally, all those descent from Kaena. Even those who's heritage was more wolf than not.
        "It has," he agreed, moving further into the room toward Corona. He seated himself on another chair near her, lazily draping his own legs across the arm of his seat. Dark hair cascading into his face, he brushed the strands aside, allowing crimson eyes to rest on the other. She was relatively similar to how she'd looked when he'd last seen her, or at least, how he remembered her. It was the young who grew so fast in such a short span of time, losing themselves to age as their bodies matured into adulthood. "You've returned to Inferni, I see. What have you been up to?" he asked, cradling his head in one hand on the chair.
        Idle conversation wasn't a particular fancy for the male, but for his own blood he'd make exceptions. He could recall no real aggression between himself and his blonde sibling, but if she was anything like Molochai initially, and Vitium later, she more then likely resented him just as he resented Kaena's later litter. The older siblings were always the forgotten when the new children came around in their mother's eyes, and blood was easily shed as this resentment often grew into pure, unadulterated hatred.
[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ona/t8.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____To her, it was a little strange how quickly time had gotten away. Corona relaly didn't have much recollection of her second birthday and yet she was fast approaching her third. Even funnier to remember was that her father was only a year or so older than she was, their ages so close that they should have probably been siblings than apart of a generation gap. Sometimes she almost forgot where her younger siblings, especially on her mother's side, were at in age. It was easy to think of Samael as being apart of the litter she had been born into, even though it wasn't so.

_____“I was travelling, mostly. Decide to go and see the world.” And outside of that place, it was fantastic. There were so many things that she wanted to see, but it would go on hold for now. Perhaps permanently, she didn't know. Gabriel wanted her to stay because it was the place she belonged and she agreed with that. It was nice to have that place to belong even now. “What about you? I would imagine you've lived quite an interesting life yourself,” because he was a Lykoi and had always been with Inferni to her knowledge. That equated to a certain level of excitement by default.

[/html]
[html]

A long time ago, somewhere around his first birthday Samael had wandered away from Inferni's grasp and Kaena's shadow. He had traveled for a few weeks, moving wherever his legs would take him in the general outskirts of Bleeding Souls. Curiosity had taken hold of the child, yet loyalty to his mother had kept him close. Yet, now she was gone, vanished off into the wilderness and he still stayed like a loyal dog. Perhaps one day he would again depart to travel the world, but for the time being Inferni held a certain level of loyalty. "How lovely," he said with a faint smile. Corona had probably seen more and done more then he had. Was there envy in the boy's heart for his wasted existence, longing to break away and fulfill his own destiny, destroying the world like the hand of God? He was sick, held back by his own affliction, lurking in the shadows like a worthless dog, picking off the occasional rodent. That was not the fate for the Prince of Fear.
        "It has been rather dull, for the most part," he mused. Dahlia's war had shown promise, but somehow Samael had hardly been involved in the murder. He was bored. He was dead. A walking corpse without a purpose. How fucking melodramatic.
[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ona/t8.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____She thought with all that had gone on in her absence was anything but dull. But it wasn't like her travels had always been full of exciting action either; such was life. The world was very good at being dull at times and in those times it seemed like they were either more prone to venturing out into the world or questioning their existence while they waited for something to change. Of course, she may have been reading into it all too much too, it could have just been how he had perceived everything. “So I take it I haven't really missed out on too much then,” and the only thing she had ever really missed out on was seeing her mother again before she had taken off. Another topic she wanted to dredge up, eventually. “You look good though. It's always nice to know my younger siblings aren't in pieces.”

[/html]
[html]
mall-caps;color:#770000;font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;">there sat a seven-headed beast, ten horns raised from his head

He twisted a strand of hair between his fingers as he listened to her speak, shaking his head faintly in confirmation of her assumed statement. For the most part he stayed off of the radar in Inferni, living in his own little world and lurking in the shadows. Waiting, waiting, he was always waiting. A small smirk crossed his face at her next words. Chaos, the Lykoi's were prone to an early death with the lives they lead. It was in their blood. "As with you," he replied. He pushed back his bangs from his eyes before saying, "Is Inferni's pull really so great? Or is the world honestly that boring? You left, and yet you're back." Like so many others before. Even with their original land gone, their name still lived and thrived, calling all those back who'd abandon the pack. He could only hope that pull was strong enough to return Kaena before death finally caught up with her.
[/html]
[html]

_____“I came back because I had to,” she said, not really going one way or another as to whether or not the world was boring. Outside of the place that he lived in, the world would have been a boring place, she imagined. It was always her siblings that had been more ingrained with the madness that her mother was said to inhabit and perhaps mentally, she sought to contain that on certain levels herself. “With a war going on, another set of hands is always helpful. And besides, it's home.” But some home it was, the argument could be made. She had been the one who had strayed away so early on.

[/html]