until we meet the moon
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/VMMjK.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

oops, dated for the 21st.

She'd almost made it, the moon had newly emerged from the ashes of dusk, and her hopes had risen as she spied the white silhouetted frames of the city.
It was just as the runner increased her pace, thinking she had outrun the weather, that the darkened heavens decided to open. The swollen and dark bellies of the clouds seemed all too eager to release their burden - and oh how they rained down with a vengeance! In a matter of moments the woman was soaked through.

Towering structures loomed ominously before her, but the skyline was for once a welcome sight, when compared to the dark clouds that chased behind. The woman cradled the precious painting against her breast, the small item appearing much like a shielded child, wrapped heavily in dusty furs and leathers. Three pearls were also clutched in her hand as well, but beyond that, nothing else was brought in her name.

Brazen winds whipped at the dames long soggy strands, catching the hairs among them that were not already slickened to her flesh, bending and billowing the follicles to their fullest extent. Her tail trailed dismally behind her as she ran, soon so heavy laden with water that she lost the energy to dictate how it controlled her balance. She instead resorted to letting it lap her thighs in a sopping mess, no longer caring about appearance; the limb had quickly been ornamented haphazardly by grit and debris. In fact, much of her fur was decorated by what it had picked up along the way, or what had been woven in by the growing winds. She was absolutely miserable.

The lack of undercoat, a personally favored physical quality that attributed to the luxurious quality of her fur, was now the focal source of her discomfort. Without the dense protection of fur, it seemed that every cold wind seemed to go right through her, and every raindrop seeped straight to the bone. She shivered pitifully as she ran, rocking the painting against her chest with the rhythm of her stride, but still ran on.

The lids of her eyes narrowed as she struggled to shield them, lashes kept protectively low, but limiting her ability to see Harvey. His scent was clear enough for her to tell that she had followed correctly, but with her vision limited, it was impossible to know beyond that. “’Arvey?”

With determination restraining a pitiful tremor of her lips, her throat managed the desperate call, just barely keeping the panic out of her tone. Memories of the storm that led her to crash to the coast were rising, flooding her normally tranquil mind. Though she knew that no water was around her, no sea to swallow her up, she could feel her throat closing up in panic. She all too clearly remembered the fear that had possessed her mind in the last storm, nearly leading to her demise.

[/html]
[html]
((387)) Sounds good to me, I wouldn't really know otherwise, admittedly. ;u; And yay!

He'd hoped his path was clear enough to follow, especially with the bottom falling through like it had. The red merle male had scratched at tree bark, placed small rocks about, and anything more he could think of so that Aoves could relocate him without the storm washing his hints away.

He was trying to be patient, but he couldn't help but to worry over the hybrid. As a male, he felt worrying was more of a feminine thing to do, but by being distraught over a woman who was alone and quite possibly soaked to the bone was man enough for his liking.

A small shiver ran down his spine as he waiting under a shabby excuse for a shelter; in the outskirts of the city, a rusted sort of billboard (or otherwise large sign with the shabby word Welcome! printed upon the dented surface) had fallen over, tented up against a structure, creating a small sort of space safe from the falling droplets. It wasn't fantastic, but he'd only recently darted under the roof in order to keep himself dry.

Poor love... He thought, frowning at the idea of a cold and shivering Aoves still rushing toward a place unknown to her, alone and toting her goods. Poor fin', tha' bird...

'Arvey? The accent alone was enough to get Harvey's flopped ears perked to attention. He cringed a bit, easing out of his dry place to better see the other that he hoped was approaching. Aoves? The Brit called out in response. He looked around still, the wind and pouring rain making it difficult to find anything.

At last, though, his eyes caught sight of the pathetic looking female. She was beyond drenched, cradling her treasures close while she headed nearer. Harvey smiled sympathetically, and rushed to her aid, caring very little about his own state of dryness (he really wouldn't dare, as compared to Aoves, he was bone dry).

Nice t' see ya, love. 'Ere, lemme 'elp ya 'ome so we can get ya dried up. The cockney dog nodded, wrapping an arm protectively around the smaller luperci. He attempted to cover he as much as he possibly could, hoping his comparatively warm body would help comfort her even in the slightest. He was homeward bound, destined to get them both to shelter soon.

<style type="text/css">
.razeharv-ooc {width:440px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.razeharv b {color:#f0e5e0; font-family:georgia, serif; text-shadow:#48392a 1px 1px 2px;}
.razeharv b:before {content:open-quote;}
.razeharv b:after {content:close-quote;}
.razeharv p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.razeharv {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#ab8763; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JO1W9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:#48392a 1px solid; padding:410px 0px 3px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#48392a; line-height:18px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

As her newfound comrade emerged from the spray, she tried to do what she could to appear as though she had some control of the situation. The corners of her mouth pulled upwards, her lips splitting in the slightest to show a grinning set of teeth. She may have been able to pass off the expression as a smile, but with eyes narrowed in a desperate attempt to block wind and rain, and her ears flattened in obvious fear, the look on her face was more a grimace than anything else.

Mustering up what little charm may have been left in her, she tried to greet him as warmly as possible; though much of that warmth was eroded by chattering teeth. “Likewise.” She hoped she didn’t look as pitiful as the sympathy in his eyes suggested, but laboriously rearranged the bundle in her arms, allowing her to awkwardly comb her sopping hair – just in case. She was happy to slip underneath his arm as he offered it, eagerly angling to press her body against his, her body having the natural intent of leeching off of the warmth he offered.

Remembering the situation - and the nature of her own fur - Aoves quickly caught herself, snapping away with a faint lurch as they traveled. She felt bad enough at the fact that she’d be dripping everywhere indoors; she ceased the foolishness that had been pressuring the water of her wet pelt into his, there was no need to make him bear discomfort any more than he had to. Though her steps were carefully placed, making sure that she didn’t trip and splash all over him, the woman was otherwise happy to be shepherded in whatever direction he wished.

She tried to keep track of the buildings, not only did it distract her from her growing fear, but she would have felt even more at ease having no idea what was around her. The pale eyes peeped curiously at the passing structure, memorizing as much as the slits of her eyes would reveal, but the sheets of rain soon obscured them to the point of looking all alike. She soon gave up on the task. Her eyes merely lowered to the ground, more focused on getting to the haven he offered without tripping, than memorizing the path there.

[/html]
[html]
((391)) --

No matter her appearance, he wouldn't hold it against her. There was no judging her current state, as the male could only imagine even a bloke like himself would be no better. The fact that she'd made it to her destination in such troubling conditions was courageous in itself, showing her strong ambition and determination. It was something to be valued, Harvey thought as he held the other close, both pitying her in this situation, and being rather proud of her accomplishments.

He shushed her, but as politely as possible, adding in a soft laugh afterward to reiterate his intent to be gentle. He simply figured she shouldn't try to talk if there was no need; it was required for her to lose what energy she had left trying to respond to the red merle's statement.

A small frown appeared on his face as it seemed Aoves pulled away from his embrace. He never meant to in any way offend or cause disomfort to the female, and his getting wet from her soaked pelt was something he cared little over. He knew soon enough they'd be indoors and able to dry off and warm themselves with covers. He wasn't greatly offended by her actions, but apologetic that he may have been too forward in his helping her.

Not too far off, he could see the abode standing still as ever. Luckily the homes in the Hydrostone District where built somewhat peculiarly, but they held sturdy, especially the livable one that Harvey had been to generously granted. Rio and her kindness ran through his mind, causing him to thank the dark wolf through his thoughts, for without her, they may possibly be caught out in this hellish weather.

Almost, jus' a lil' ways now, love. Harvey nodded, his voice shivering some. I'll 'ave t' give ya the tour of the ci'y when it lets up... Right now, let's jus' get inside.

The entire instance was pressing together as he tried to replay what had happened. It was a chaotic series of events, soon put to ease when he felt the stairs leading to the entrance underneath him.

Never before did the creaking of the steps bring such joy to the Brit! He hurried up the small flight, ushering poor Aoves inside as he swung the door open to their newly shared home.

<style type="text/css">
.razeharv-ooc {width:440px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.razeharv b {color:#f0e5e0; font-family:georgia, serif; text-shadow:#48392a 1px 1px 2px;}
.razeharv {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#ab8763; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JO1W9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:#48392a 1px solid; padding:410px 0px 3px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#48392a; line-height:18px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Her spirits rose as they hurried up the steps of the house, knowing that the trip was almost at an end. As they landed upon the threshold she was struck with how badly she wanted to shake – to get on all fours and revel as droplets exploded from her body in a halo of water. It was not her house to fling water on the walls of though, and she respectfully passed beyond the threshold with only a self-conscious flick of her hair.

Once completely inside, the woman placed her sodden hindquarters immediately on the ground, letting the water pool at the floor, but invade his home no further than that. The protective grip on the painting was loosened, and she rested it in the cup of her crossed legs, deciding to keep the pearls there too in the folded furs. A thoroughly grateful gaze sought out his as she rearranged her things. Her smile returned, but it was for once not accompanied with a teasing flair, her overall countenance had been humbled by the weather.

“I cannot thank you enough for this ‘Arvey.” Her tongue flashed out occasionally as she spoke, the pink velvet catching droplets as they fell from the trembling of her diminutive whiskers. “I will do my best to ‘elp as you need of me, of course. I can clean, even sing if it will make a difference. Beyond that, and you ‘ave my word that you will not even know I am ‘ere.”

She naturally assumed that he would want his privacy, and would be just as complacent herself with a place to stay, as she would a place to stay and willing company to share it with. A hand brushed across her chest in a sign of honesty, from there another hand rising parallel to it, going past and above her neck and head to finally meet as she simultaneously stretched out her tensed limbs.

The pose left her feeling vulnerable and exposed. She realized that place was chilled and dark, and her arms swiftly fell to hug her shoulders as she huddled in the cold shadow.

[/html]
[html]

((402)) Information about the house can be found here under Rio's Row House. ouo

Harvey

Panting softly, as they rushed in the harsh weather to reach their shared destination, the scarred aussie dog rushed over to couch, snatching off the crudely folded blanket that hung over the top so that he could rush back over to the soaked woman's side, wrapping the material around her.

He'd been trying to take care of the house as well as he could alone since Rio had left, and despite his ability to do so, he was still a man used to living with others, so some things weren't in the best of shape, but he tried his best at what he did.

The smile never left his face as he listened to the words escaping Aoves, giving a tender laugh afterwards. Ya don't 'ave t' thank me, love. An' dontcha worry yourself! His laugh grew a bit louder, as he tried to cheer up the situation. I bet your singin' would be lovely, an' don't feel like ya need t' let me be... I enjoy 'avin' company. Really, ya won't bovah me a' all, an' if I need me space, I'll let ya know before 'and, I will.

Half the reason he was so eager to allow her to stay was that he disliked being alone. He could manage, of course, but if given the choice between having a house to himself to do whatever he wanted whenever he pleased or having to share the home with a stranger or two and collectively keep maintenance of the place, he'd pick the latter without any doubt.

The only thing that could possibly trouble him was his anger issues. They were, for the most part, controlled, but in certain situations still, he found himself regretting his outbursts or actions. With a gentle soul such as Aoves about, he didn't figure he'd do anything to harm the hybrid, but as he had stated to her, if time was needed, she'd be alerted. Then, he'd be able to go to his room, and calm himself down before doing something unappealing or unsafe.

Thoughts coming back to the situation at hand, Harvey patted her shoulder. Lemme grab ya some towels, t' 'elp ya get dried off... Unless ya want t' wash off first? The Brit wondered with a shrug. The wa'er may be a lil' cold, but it's clean. Anyway, I'll 'elp ya out 'fore le'in' ya loose. He joked some, his smile still apparent.

<style>
.Harvey-London p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Harvey-London b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.Harvey-London-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Harvey-London-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Harvey-London-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qqGuh.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.Harvey-London-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Harvey-London {background-color:#9B520D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]

thank you c:

She calmly arranged the blanket about her, wrapping it in a way that pressed her wetter and colder torso in the area where it gathered the thickest. It was wrapped around her huddled form, with items still protected inside, much like a tent.

As her eyes flicked curiously from shadow to shadow, silhouettes soon revealed themselves to her adjusted eyes. A musing ‘hm’ thrummed in her throat as a response – much of the normalcy she saw was foreign to her; the woman was used to the swooping arches and faded gold paint of her home, or the towering ceilings of the castle she had resided in for that short while. The house boasted a different, more personal sort of allure, but one she found that the foreign charm was oddly appealing.

She thoughtfully kneaded the fabric of the cloth between two fingers, her keen eyes drifting along the dark outlines of furniture - the sofa looked particularly welcoming, and was the final reminder to her body that it should feel like lead after only two hours of rest. Before the fullness of her exhaustion could make impact like the truck it was, she was pulled from thoughts of herself, and the wandering gaze instantly flashed back to her company.

She smiled gratefully at his words; delighted to know that she was not being held to high expectations. Also, and though it was faint enough to ignore when she saw his kind grin, the worry had still been in the back of her mind that he would expect something more from her, and a far less innocent thing than wiping off a table or singing a pretty tune. Her mind had been put at ease a good deal, and the smile only grew at the mention of a wash.

“Oh ‘Arvey, if I got to rinse this muck from my fur, I fear I would be so ‘appy that I’d sing until the storm ended.” The blithe warning was far from a rejection of the offer, she even laughed lightly with her reply, already in the process of rising readily to her feet. She would probably be humming a melody even without a bath; it was her personal pleasure to make music regardless of the circumstances, and having an audience made things all the more rewarding.

[/html]
[html]
((384)) No problem! ouo

A shiver ran through him as well as he waited on a reply, but he knew quite well that after he'd helped Aoves into settling for the night, he would be off to his own welcoming room, ready to rest amongst the mess of sheets.

The thought of having a woman about was pleasing. He thought with a female's touch to the home, it'd be more welcoming, and not so his. He may have responsibility over the house, but having such a large space all to himself made him feel greedy. Finally, another could call it their space as well, relieving Harvey of some tension.

He'd gladly help her to find the bathroom, and then give her a choice between the bedroom downstairs, or Rio's old space near his own. He felt somewhat upset to have somebody spend their time in Rio's former bedroom, simply because he didn't want to give the impression that he was replacing her, or having another invade her space, but with her leaving, he guess it really wasn't much hers anymore, and it'd be better to respect it by using it rather than let it gather dust and be unappreciated.

Harvey smiled and held out a strong arm so if she needed assistance in getting up, he could be used to stabilize herself. He knew she was weak from her trip and the cold winds brushing through her soaked pelt couldn't have helped at all. I'll be 'appy t' 'ear it, I would. The ex-gangster nodded, tail wagging somewhat, water dripping from the feathering fur. I'll lead ya t' the washroom, an' afterward 'elp ya se'le in for the night. Jus' feel free t' fetch me when you're done. I'll be waitin' on the couch 'ere for ya. He said, nodding his head to the sofa in the living room.

The bathroom containing the water filled tub was downstairs, across from a bedroom that was one choice for her to call her own (the other was on the second floor, with a door nearest the couch). He headed that way, not worrying much over a tour tonight. He'd show her the works after everything had calmed some. For now, she wanted a bath, and Harv wasn't going to keep the poor, miserable Aoves from it any longer than necessary.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

She took the offered arm with all the poise of a queen, even giving a regal dip of the head, causing her dampened tresses to spill wildly over her blanketed shoulders. While rising, the black stocking of one of her feet gently nudged her possessions to the side, pushing them out of the rainwater puddle left by her sopping hide. As he led her around the house, the other hand engaged itself with fixing her mane as discreetly as possible.

Her lips parted, but she silenced the question before it had a chance to sound in her throat. As her mouth opened, it had been her intent to ask him if there were any candles to be had. Her naturally nocturnal lenses could see flawlessly, but the warm glow of even the smallest flame was an old comfort, but one that she knew to press only lightly for. Surely he was equally as tired though, there was no telling how long he had waited for her to arrive.

The woman recognized that there were few things worse than a demanding guest - better to be content with her fortunes as they were. Her lips slowly closed, the fleshy rims sealing in a gentle smile as she merely nodded, welcoming the gestures of his continuing hospitality.

The silence was held even as they approached the bathing room. She placed a hand on the doorway as they passed near, gently bracing herself against his shepherding for once, she wishing to speak before they parted.

''Ah, there is no need for you to wait on me 'Arvey, you 'ave done enough for me as it is."
Surely he wished for a bed just as much as she for a bath, and knowing herself, she would take a good while to clean before being satisfied with the condition of her coat - just the thought of claiming a bed in her current condition made her grit her teeth, but leaving him waiting left an equally unsettling twinge of selfishness.

[/html]
[html]
((525)) --

Guiding her along slowly, as he was certain she must ache from the traveling she had just endured, Harvey was patient in getting Aoves to the washroom. No need to be hasty now, they were in the house where it was warm and safe from the rain. There was clean bath water, sheets and blankets, as well as food (mostly leftovers from whatever Harvey could manage, as he'd been living alone until now, and didn't worry much over what was stored) in the kitchen. They could finally settle down and take life slow, enjoying what they had.

In Aoves case, she requested a bath, and Harvey was determined to deliver. He probably would have met even the most ridiculous of demands, for politeness sake. As long as nobody would be harmed, he felt he wasn't going to suffer from helping others with what they need, or want. He enjoyed making people happy, and thanks to his history being filled with quite the opposite, this was a sort of redemption for the Londoner.

Oh, it wouldn't be no trouble a' all, love! Harvey nodded, Was jus' gonna 'elp ya find a room t' saty in. But... If ya would prefer t' 'ave some time for yourself, I understand. I'm sure you can find someplace t' rest, an' I can give ya the grand tour tomorrow.

His smile was genuine, and he couldn't help but to wear it in her presence. Something about her softness intrigued the aussie male, and anybody who knew him know that he was quite the sucker for calm, gentle woman. Having class didn't hurt, and the way her movements and expressions were so full of emotion, fluid like a dancers, it left the cockney canine in awe. Her beauty was only enhanced by the mystery still about her, and the way she did everything, from subtly fixing her appearance, or thoroughly thinking things through before acting upon them (an ability Harvey himself didn't have most of the time, and envied).

There wasn't much about the female wolfdog that wasn't attractive, and Harvey had no problem making that obvious. But, for now, he needed to think more of her staying her as a friend in need, and not some sort of crush.

He wasn't one to develop feeling for somebody so easily, as trust was a major thing for him now, but being in love and being able to be comfortable telling an individual that they're lovely were two different things. The merle male was quite at ease when giving compliments thanks to that.

Well, I guess if ya don't wish for me t' wait... I'll be on me way t' me room. He said, smiling softly still. Before turning away, he raised his hand and rested it on one of the woman's shoulders, giving it a gentle squeeze, as a friendly sort of gesture. Feel free t' come knockin' at me door if ya need anyfin', love. Ya won't be a bovah a' all, any time. Harvey made sure to restate the words, making sure that she was aware of his promise to be a provider while she stayed in the home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

want to continue in this same thread with the next morning, or start a different one? Or just end everything here, up to you ^^

The explanations that followed were met with a widening of the smile at her lips, returning his smile by brightening her own.
“And I will be looking forward to it.” A gentle chuckle accompanied her words, but the promises would be left for another time. Her pride had not begun aching just yet, but had she taken his past offers, feelings of being coddled may yet get the bitter sting going.

At this rate the end of the storm would find her spoiled rotten, and Lord forbid that she become comfortable enough to take advantage of his kindness. As well as her nature could be tamed, she’d do him the favor of keeping the feminine guiles in check. It wasn't as if there’d been a reason to either way, so far he had done nothing but assist her, again and again.

Curious eyes trailed slowly down to the pressure at her shoulder, studying the unexpected presence of the hand before flickering back to peer into his eyes. Her own hands slipped from their grip on the blanket, sneaking upwards to gently snake the black gloved fingers around his own. They lingered there for only a moments time; wanting to convey her thankfulness in the swift contact before she elusively slid his hand from her shoulder.

The playful move was one of goodwill and not inspired by offense, the tips of her digits trying to lightly hold his own to convey that fact, even as she began drift back into washroom. “I’ll keep that in mind.” As she finally slipped away, her head dipped slowly in final parting gesture. “Goodnight.” The word was extended in drowsy leisure –and as the goodbye drawled out from her lips, she quietly closed the door.

[/html]
[html]
((261)) Uhm, well, if you want to continue, that's fine by me! Dunno if it's alright if we just continue with this thread, just acknowledge time passing?

He smiled at her touch, a gesture as gentle as her spoken words. It was all quite lovely to the red merle Londoner, who was so used to brutish men and overly confident rebels of women back in his gang days. Aoves seemed to have a romance of her own, an air about her that could make anyone watch in interest.

Her lingering fingers comforted Harvey into thinking his own behavior wasn't too bold of a move. He gave a nod of his head as he listened to the female, smile still on his face. Good. He said softly, voice low and fluid. If he thought it'd be appropriate of him, he would have leaned in and placed a kiss of sorts upon the wolfdog's hand, but he, instead, gave a small bow and headed off to bed himself.

Goodnight, love. The Brit responded, watching as the door was shut slowly and the darkly coloured Aoves disappeared from his sight.

With a sigh of content, happy to be home and destined to his warm bed after such a laborious day of waiting and dashing through the storm, Harvey took his time making his way of the stairs, not over exerting himself. There was no need to rush anymore.

He reached the top, turned left and turned the handle to the windowless bedroom. It looked just as inviting and comfortable as ever, and there rarely ever seemed a day where the sight didn't relieve the cockney bloke.

With a yawn, the aussie dog luperci entered his room, and, too, closed the door.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]