There is light even where sadows lie
[html]

NOTES // WORDS // LOCATION

Just one more Sin,

She was living in two homes, Spending time with her blood at the Catori family home and then at the hotel where her mate was. Their kids there playing and meeting members. Today though she had come and pushed at vigilante to eat and keep him going. She had to for her mother. The woman had been the rock for them all. Now though now she was gone. The sun child had moved into the hotel. The Child of the moon stayed here for how long amaranth didn't know. Liam stayed here and Lottie as well they all tied her to her mother. Liam though was cursed he looked the most like their late mother.

Amaranth closed her eyes and sighed she moved into the home. It seemed as though no one was here. She moved herself into the kitchen and sighed. It looked as though Liam had caught a rabbit or two. The boy must still be venting his anger and annoyance to this on hunting. She looked to the side of her and Saw the young girl who Liam had brought with her. She was shifted and looking at her. She smiled a bit as the child nodded and then giggled and ran off. Most likely to find Liam.

She laughed and then started to skin the rabbit. Humming to herself she moved along cleaning the next.

TEMPLATE BY REVO. <3

[/html]
[html]

Thank you for starting~ <3

Word Count → 421

It seemed as though the Haskel-Catori household was in a permanent state of mourning. Their patriarch had given up on life, and only the attention of Charlotte and Amaranth kept him eating and drinking. Skoll had been away, and it seemed he might have officially moved out. Hati did not know where to go; the room he grew up in, the books he read cover to cover, the memories here... what was once a safe haven was now a prison, and it hurt everywhere he looked. A part of him still blamed Liam, though he suspected it was just a misdirected reaction to the heartache he felt whenever he saw the familiar shades of brown in his older brother's pelt. Hati wanted to escape, but he did not want to abandon his remaining family, either. He was torn.

The tall wolfdog wandered aimlessly through the house, looking for anything to distract him. The sound of humming in the kitchen drew him magnetically, remembering how their mother would sometimes sing as she cooked for them. Hati lingered in the doorway, watching silently as Liam's ward Caroline giggled and fled the room. The orphaned youth seemed to be the only one untouched by the tragedy.

Amaranth had been a familiar sight around the house for the past month or two. At first she had been the medic assisting their mother's recovery, and then... after it all ended, the temperamental red husky lingered, taking it upon herself to look after Vigilante's flagging spirit and fill the void Ayita had left behind. Hati knew little about his eldest sibling, other than her mate Niro and their two youngest children had some cave dwelling instead of a room at the Chien Hotel like most of his packmates. At least, they had when Heiro and Tasha were little; the news Skoll passed on was that Niro was bedridden and might be unable to walk for seasons. It must be a terrible burden, he realized sadly; Amaranth was stuck taking care of every single person in her life.

"Would you like some help?" Hati asked, ears falling back hesitantly. Of all his siblings, Amaranth was notorious for being the most volatile; he did not know what sort of mood she was in, or if she would want his morose company. Hati was a shadow haunting their house, drifting from room to room without uttering a word. If she didn't want him, he would leave her alone. He just thought... perhaps she might be as lonely as he was.

<style>
.razti-03 {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ETEHb.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#465177; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:335px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1d2131; font-family:times serif; font-size:15px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #1d2131;}
.razti-03 b {color:#aeacae; text-shadow:#1d2131 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razti-03 p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.razti-03 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.razti-03 .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #aeacae; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; font-size:11px;}

</style>
Table by Raze!

[/html]
[html]

NOTES // any time // LOCATION

Just one more Sin,

The young woman looked up from the rabbit and smiled. She wasn't mom she would never be Ayita but she for now was the comfort they all needed. She was almost over the sorrow that filled her only because she had those around her each one was a piece of her mother. Each one had a life to live and so did she.

Hati though he was the one Ayita had worried about. He was sensitive and her mother worried how her end would effect him. come on, I could use the help She spoke looking at him. They were siblings related by their mother. have you been hiding in here? I havent seen much of you. she spoke looking at him with softer purple eyes then normal. She was changing and not so much for the better. She was a terrible person this she knew. The things she has done and the pups growing within her. All were just another sin she'd written.

TEMPLATE BY REVO. <3

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 304

His eldest sibling smiled, ushering him into the kitchen. Hati couldn't quite muster a smile in return, though he obediently took his place at her side, willing to help. At least she seemed to be in a pleasant mood. "I'm always here," he answered solemnly. There was a gentle, almost pitying look in those purple eyes, and Hati looked away, feeling as though she could stare right through him. Everyone grieved in their own way. His way seemed to be avoidance. He picked up the skinned rabbit, unsure what the next step was. He should have learned more about cooking when he had the chance... He used his claws to peel off the tough sinews and silverskin, leaving the pink meat exposed. It would probably be gutted next, though he waited to see how Amaranth was preparing the second one. It was so different from hunting and eating raw; technique and presentation mattered, like a work of art. He was not much of a chef or hunter, nor had he been eating much anyway.

"I work at the stables, so... if I'm not home, that's where you'll find me. Taking care of Asagi," he added more softly. The chestnut mare was suddenly a much larger part of his life than she ever used to be. Hati didn't have a mate like Mara, or a ward like Liam, but the horse occupied that place in his heart. Asagi was his family, and the wolfdog was becoming dependent on her. He wasn't sure his relatives would understand the obsessive attachment he had developed, so he kept it to himself. The dead rabbit was cold in his hands, and he set it down on the counter with a sigh. "How are Niro and the pups doing?" he asked politely, trying to steer the conversation away from himself.

<style>
.razti-03 {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ETEHb.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#465177; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:335px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1d2131; font-family:times serif; font-size:15px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #1d2131;}
.razti-03 b {color:#aeacae; text-shadow:#1d2131 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razti-03 .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #aeacae; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; font-size:11px;}

</style>
Table by Raze!

[/html]
[html]

NOTES // any time // LOCATION

In the Circle, the Circle of Life

She came here more and more fading from Niro's side. He was healing but it was slow and it was to much for her to just be at his side. Her children were growing and flying on their own wings. She wanted something to occupy her time. So she did as her mother asked and cared for her step father. Though there was more to that story now. She knew her mother would not be pleased at all.

Amaranth looked at her younger brother. I'm not really sure I'm gonna cook these. I think raw is nice. She spoke looking at him. Her purple eyes just watched him he mourned her maybe more then the others. Maybe more then Amaranth herself. she moved slightly leaning a hand on the counter. They are well, Niro is healing though he will never be the same. She spoke looking to him.

Amaranth looked at him. Hati, I know this is hard. Her being gone. she spoke looking at him. Your her youngest or one of the three. Amaranth spoke. Gifted a name with meaning and a bright future ahead of you. She said as she looked at him. Life it was a gift a mother could give and mother nature could take.

TEMPLATE BY REVO. <3
<style>
.life {padding:10px; border: 1px solid #000; background:#A85454; color:#ffffff; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:120%}
.life b {color:#ff8b37; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 375

He was taller than Amaranth. It wasn't a huge difference in size; Hati was not the towering giant that his father or brothers could be, but it was still odd to notice that he could see the top of her head when they were this close. Her personality made her presence seem larger, and Hati always shrank before others more dominant than himself. She mentioned leaving the rabbit raw, and Hati nodded listlessly. It was less work, after all. Maybe she didn't need his help for anything.

His niece and nephew were doing well, but evidently his brother-in-law was not. "I'm so sorry to hear that," he said honestly. He wasn't sure whether she meant Niro would be different physically or mentally, though. Hati hadn't visited the man once, not since his injury. He supposed it was guilt steering him away from the hotel, that or fear; he was too sensitive to suffering and pain, and to visit another sickroom after his mother's, it was not possible for him. He liked Niro, though. Another good soul who did not deserve what fate had given him.

Hati flinched, hands fumbling against the counter. Amaranth was staring at him, that shade of amethyst burning right through his flimsy attempt to redirect her. He was staring down, swallowing nervously as his stomach clenched. "It's hard for you too. How do you... how can you keep coming back to this house? You don't have to, you have a life outside of these walls." His tail was swishing behind him with an agitated energy. He didn't want to break his mask of politeness -- hell, he barely even knew Amaranth. He had seen her more this month than ever in his life, and he was not exactly talkative. He didn't want to break down in front of her, it would be embarrassing. He shut his eyes tightly, drawing a deep breath to try and fight off the panic. "I just mean... it's hard to see any kind of future right now..." He knew their mother would be upset to hear him sounding so hopeless, so despondent. But she wasn't there to hear him, and that was the point. He was so lost without her, more than she could ever know.

<style>

</style>
Table by Raze!

[/html]
[html]

NOTES // Miyu Slap me if the slight PP is not ok // LOCATION

In the Circle, the Circle of Life

Amaranth had to admit that she was at a bit of a loss. She wasn't good person she was a terrible person. Maybe doing her mothers wishes was something that brought her comfort. Something that made her feel like she wasn't so bad. Looking at Hati she felt so bad for him he was taking it the worst it seemed.

Hati Niro is my mate, and my kids are my kids. But You, skoll, lottie are all my family. She spoke as she reached for his hand. I promised mom that I would keep your father going. That I would be there for you and your siblings. Amaranth smiled as she looked at him. Life is full of things hati.

She took his hand and placed it on her abdomen. She looked at him. Life, Hati its something a mother can give, like mom did to all of us. We keep her alive by the things we choose to do. She looked at him. His blue eyes a trait that he got from their mother. Maybe you should talk to liam as well. He aided me in branding my back. he did his shoulder as well. He placed a symbol meaning spirit on us. Catori means spirit and it ties us a little closer to mom. She spoke as she let go of his hand. as she looked at the rabbits. She wasn't sure what she was going to do with them. She wasn't sure what vigilante would like or what Hati would like.

TEMPLATE BY REVO. <3
<style>
.life {padding:10px; border: 1px solid #000; background:#A85454; color:#ffffff; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:120%}
.life b {color:#ff8b37; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]

The PP is perfect, silly goose! <3

Word Count → 539

Hati's eyes fluttered open in surprise, feeling the warmth of her hand enveloping his. He looked to her as she spoke, obediently letting her take his hand where she wanted. What she was promising... she wanted to look after them all, to be their matriarch. She was willfully trying to fill the role their mother had vacated. He wasn't sure how he felt about that; Amaranth was very different from Ayita, often turbulent and unpredictable with her mood swings and yet, in this moment she managed to show him the same patience and kindness their mother exuded every day of her life. It was almost like Ayita wasn't entirely gone... an echo, resonating in the offspring she left behind. He rapidly blinked back the mistiness in his vision, nodding mutely. He would not give up on life, even if he had no direction or purpose. He at least owed that much.

His fingertips felt warmth, as Amaranth moved them to her abdomen. She spoke of motherhood, and it dawned on him what she was alluding to. "Are you... are you and Niro expecting again?" he asked incredulously, staring at the hand she pressed against her white-furred stomach. He would be an uncle to another litter of pups...? The corner of his mouth tugged, a faint smile ghosting on his pale lips. That was wonderful news, if it was true; new life, to fill and repair the gaping hole their loss had left behind. Niro would be so uplifted. It was melancholy to realize this litter of the Catori family would never meet their grandmother, though, and Ayita had so loved children. Blue eyes met purple, as Hati quietly listened to his sibling continue speaking.

She mentioned a symbol, one that she and Liam were now wearing in their hide in honor of their family name. Hati had been lost in his own thoughts for too long, and he had not noticed the brand until now. When she released his hand, he peered curiously over her shoulder, pale eyes scanning the thick red fur of her husky pelt. There were ridges of hairless skin between her shoulder blades, the raised scar an angry shade of pink from the recent burn. It was an elegant symbol, but he could not help but wince; it looked so painful, not something he was brave enough to endure willingly. He swallowed nervously, turning guiltily back to face his relative. "I don't think... that's something I could do, erm, right now... I still have this to carry," he said softly, clutching the silver moon pendant around his throat. It was always so cold to the touch. He had not removed it once, nor did he plan to. Sentiment.

"Still, I... I might later," he added solemnly, intrigued by the idea. Catori meant spirit. It meant a lot to him to be invited to carry the symbol that went with the name -- to be seen as worthy of it. He always felt like a bit of an outsider in his family, quiet and submissive when his siblings were so brave and strong. Sometimes, often, it felt like he was overlooked or ignored. He wasn't important to any of them. Perhaps he was finally being noticed.

<style>

</style>
Table by Raze!

[/html]