Create a Territory & Sub-Territory V
[html]

Create a Territory & Sub-Territory V
Some new areas to explore

___ As many of you surely noticed, our old map became quite crowded with all the packs, so a new map was drawn. However, there is a slight problem-- there is an entire section of unexplored territory! Thus, we would like to see what you think the new unexplored territory should be! We would also like to see what you think should be a sub-territory in the existing territories! Every territory is game no matter how many they have already. As a note, the territory you create for the unexplored territory should not take up ALL of the unexplored territory. Some of it will be left unexplored!

___ We are looking to create a total of one (1) new territory, a maximum of five (5) new sub-areas for the unexplored territory and a maximum of ten (10) sub-areas for all other existing territories. . You may submit your territories and sub-territories at any time between the beginning and ending dates.

___ Please remember that 'Souls is located in Nova Scotia. If you need some ideas to get you started, take a look at the area section of the website, or Wikipedia's geography of Canada article.

Important Dates

August 24 Submissions for Territories open.

September 1 Submissions for Territories closed; polls for territories created.

September 6 Polls for Territories closed.

September 7-8 Winners announced.

How to enter

___ If you have an idea for a territory, reply to this thread by September 1. Once the due date passes, a poll will be made asking for members to vote on their favourite. Please reply with the following form, including all the necessary information about your territory:

Territory Name:

Your Name/ Alias:

Territory size in square miles:

If a sub-territory, approximate location on the map:

Territory Description:

If you need some ideas regarding the length of the description, take a look at our current ones to get some ideas!

What You Get

___ All winners will be credited in the description of the territory or sub-area as being the creator and remembered forever!

[/html]
Is there... a limit as to how many we can make? I mean, obviously not all of them will be chosen blah blah blah but I think I have enough things in my head that I could honestly give you shitloads. And that's rare. But, uh... I like how incredibly accurate our map is to Google's map because I used it in helping me figure out what in the hell to put around, lawl. *sits*

Territory Name: Mersey Lagoon
Your Name: Akumu
Territory Size: 3.4 square miles.
Approximate Location: Southwest of Shiloh Hills, since how the Mersey River is runs by there! Big Grin Could also be a subterritory, since I actually think it overlaps into that area but whatever. PICK WHATEVER YOU LIKE, K?
Territory Description: Named after a river which runs nearby, the lagoon is a former meadow-turned-floodplain that barely retains water half of the year. During the spring and summer and into early autumn months, the area is a muddy, murky pondlike swamp chock full of sinkholes that is occasionally flooded by the adjacent Mersey River. However, in the late fall and the entirety of winter, it is a frozen wasteland complete with icy pools where the sinkholes were once before. But despite it's unappealing appearance, game in the form of deer and grouse frequently navigate its soft grounds.

Territory Name: Stillwater Lake & Fairgrounds
Your Name: Akumu, because it's totally changed since the last one.
Territory Size: 0.5 square miles.
Approximate Location: Sub-territory of Halifax.
Territory Description: Though nestled a few odd miles outside of Halifax in the quaint neighbouring town of Stillwater Lake of a lake bearing the same name, there is a section of ground fenced off against the backdrop of the stunning lake. Though the fences are more or less lying on the ground and half buried in overgrown grass and the buildings weatherworn and dilapted, there is plenty around to show what was there. Rusted carnival rides of all sorts and scattered vendor goods still remain, as do a number of skeletons from the first and only fairground event.

Territory Name: Millstone Village
Your Name: Akumu
Territory Size: 2.2 square miles
Approximate Location: Sub-territory of Drifter Bay.
Territory Description: Way out on the western point of Drifter Bay is a small village that cannot be found on a map. In fact, there are literally no roads there at all, only forest paths that stretch and go on for miles. Eventually through the trees there are cabins and a few copses here and there along with tools of the past;none of the technological advances of the world around can be found. From cabins to barns to a one room schoolhouse and graveyard, one can draw the conclusion that Millstone Village is in fact, an Amish village tucked away from the eyes of the world.
LOL STILLWATER LAKE?
zommgggg.
-lives in Halifax-

I should really start taking more pictures of Halifax and surrounding area, haha. Especially queensland beach. It's beau'ful.
But, I hope to enter this if I get any ideas.
YOU SHOULD MAKE SOME TERRITORIES, YOU KNOW WHAT'S THERE AND WE DON'T. XD
YESSSS, I SO SHOULD! :b
I definitely have an upperhand when it comes to this. Nova Scotia is beautiful and FULL of trees and nice lakes and such just to give you guys a heads up.
Territory Name: Serana Reserve
Your Name/ Alias: Chelsie
Territory size in square miles: 4.6 square miles
If a sub-territory, approximate location on the map: It's not really a sub-territory but it'd be just by Ethereal Eclipse in the unexplored lands, in the grass area and not including the coast and peninsula.
Territory Description: Named after its founder, the reserve was always a place where unimaginative humans gathered to believe they were helping. Rather than relocating animals that truly needed the help to this reserve, they kept a small pack of wolves and several herds of wapiti in the area. The wolves didn't exactly flourish, having small numbers, versus the large number of wapiti and, therefore, died out fairly early. They say you can hear the ghosts of these wolves still mourning over each of their pack mates' deaths. Wapiti roam freely here in overwhelming numbers, held in by barbed wire fences that have prohibited many usual predators from reaching the wapiti herds. The spacious reserve has many spots where forest take over the open fields, containing a mix of deciduous and coniferous trees, but all fairly sparse and easy to navigate.

Territory Name: Grandfather's Tears
Your Name/Alias: Chelsie
Territory size in square miles: 1.3
If a sub-territory, approximate location on the map: Sub-territory of Serana Reserve (if used)
Territory Description: In the south-west portion of the reserve, hidden in the trees of one of the most dense forests in the area, is a collection of four springs. They are sporadically placed and do not form any shape, and are all connected. They feed a strong river that courses all the way through the reserve and rushes out to the ocean by the peninsula. These springs were said to have been put here by the elder of the wolf pack's tears to give the wolves one last chance at survival, and they were said to be cursed when the winter claimed the whole pack. In the winter, the ice on these springs is a mysterious deep indigo and prey animals that wander near them seem to be found dead in the surrounding area not long afterward, with absolutely no explanation.

Territory Name: Beast's Grin Peninsula
Your Name/Alias: Chelsie
Territory size in square miles: 0.9 square miles
If a sub-territory, approximate location on the map: N/A
Territory Description: Just to the west of Ethereal Eclipse stretches a thin peninsula dotted with shallow pools from the ocean. The peninsula is mostly submerged during high tide, but during the low tide it's a place prosperous in shellfish and miniature octopi. Rocks dot each of the tide pools, and near the Eclipse itself is a grassy knoll where picnics are ideal. In the night, the tidepools turn into dangerous obstacles over which one could easily twist their ankle which, along with the shape of the peninsula, helped to earn its eerie name.
I uhm, suck at this kind of stuff. But I'll give it a shot anyway. Are you guys planning on giving the main territories french names like the ones we already have? I could help with the english - french translation later on, if anyone needs it. :|

Territory Name: Blackmoor Castle
Your Name/Alias: Jessica
Territory size in square miles: 0.5 sqm? I dunno. >_<
If a sub-territory, approximate location on the map: In the new territory, somewhere below Twilight Vale, along the atlantic coast.
Territory Description: Nestled into the cliffs bordering the atlantic ocean sits a wonder beyond belief: Blackmoor Castle. Thousands of years ago in medieval times, a Scottish Lord arrived onto these barren shores and had the castle built with actual black stones from his native country. This was to be a wedding gift to his intended bride. High walls surround the castle along with a draw bridge and moat. The interior, although drafty still holds all the riches that he brought with him; tapestries, silver, gold and jewels. It is said that his bride-to-be never made it there, but the grief stricken Lord still wanders the halls and keeps the castle intact, sill waiting.

:|
There should be more river sub-areas! If I get time, I might submit something. Bah.
QUOTE (Corona Lykoi @ Aug 24 2008, 01:06 AM)
Is there... a limit as to how many we can make? I mean, obviously not all of them will be chosen blah blah blah but I think I have enough things in my head that I could honestly give you shitloads. [/quote]
I would say 2 for the new territory, 3 for new sub-territories (for the new territory to be created) and 6 for the new sub-territories for old locations-- for the other territories on the map already.

Quote:Are you guys planning on giving the main territories french names like the ones we already have?
They can be in whatever language you want, but only areas are in french (mandatory)-- those are Bâtons et Pierres, Élévation Orientale, etc.

It's broken down as follows:

Area → Territory → Sub-territory

And an example of this is:
Bâtons et Pierres → Drifter Bay → Sunflower Sunsets

Hoorah! :3
Territory Name: bohémiens d'océan
Your Name/ Alias: Shannon
Territory size in square miles: ? miles (The lower 1/4 of the unexplored lands?)
If a sub-territory, approximate location on the map: The bottom part of the unexplored lands and the 2 small islands in the cove
Territory Description: bohémiens d'océan is the name of the cove where long ago gypsies used as a hideout to avoid persecusion and to store their loot. There's an old ocean liner that had become beached in the past and has been used as shelter in storms. There is rumored to be all sorts of treasures hidding on the two islands for those daring to explore it.

Sub area Name:The Rêveurs
Territory size in square miles: .1 miles
If a sub-territory, approximate location on the map: The cruiseliner and the surrounding shore where it was beached along the cove (near those two islands at the bottom of the map)
Territory Description: The de Rêveurs was one of the largest luxury cruiseliners of it's time, after being bruised and battered during a hurricane the company decided to beach the ship as a tour stop. The cruiseliner was stationed in the bohémiens d'océan cove and the interior kept in pristine condition for the tourists to see what the life of the rich and famous was like. Today from the outside it looks like any other old fading piece of history but the inside still is something magical and breathtaking, though time is beginning to show on the wonderful world of the Dreamer.

Sub area Name: Sea Dog Isle
Territory size in square miles: 1 miles
If a sub-territory, approximate location on the map: The smaller island near the bottom of the map
Territory Description: Sea Dog Isle is said to be the the location of a thousand treasures. Gypsies and pirates alike used the island to store their wares and treasures. Some just mere trinkets and worthless in the eyes of everyone but the owner, some grand chests filled with rubies and diamonds. There's rumors that the ghosts that owned the booty still dwell in the fog shroud lands and wail all night in search of their forgotten plunder.
Territory Name: Halifax Airport
Your Name/ Alias: Krystine
Territory size in square miles: 2.4
If a sub-territory, approximate location on the map: Realistically? Between EH, DDM, and Halifax on the Shattered Coast. But anywhere I guess would be fine.
Territory Description: Halifax Robert L. Stanfield International Airport, or nicely nicknamed Halifax Airport, once dominated Canada as one of the busiest airports by passenger traffic. With two long, broken runways dominating a overgrown field, it leads directly into each airplane barrack and into the heart of this many terminal building. It's distinguished transfer, complete with a 175-room Sheraton hotel for any visiting guests accommodates with multiple restaurant and clothing outlet stores. A four-tiered parking garage, once kept devoid of life now has natural growth running rampant, sometimes claiming abandoned cars.
I know it's technically late but I NEED to put this in here. >D
I am also doing some fun and taking pictures of Hali for you guys considering I live here. ^_________^

Territory Name: Hammonds Plains
Your Name/ Alias: Sara!
Territory size in square miles: 8 (there's a lot of lakes and stuff so I'm not totally positive. ... D=)
If a sub-territory, approximate location on the map: CLICK
Territory Description: Hammonds Plains way back in the day used to be where people would move to farm. Now, it's nothing but old houses that are rotting and falling apart, the forest is starting to take over but there is lots of meadows and places with tall grass. Weeds are cracking the pavement, making it unable to use if you had a car. There are two schools, an old dollar store and Pharmasave attached to a tanning salon. There's also a Kynock company building barely standing with piles and piles of dirt and gravol that have been untouched, this stretches on for quite a while. There are quite a few lakes that take up a lot of land, swimming is allowable. This place that was once a noisy place and very busy is now quiet and one of the best places to find deer, bunnies, skunks, field mice, bears, porcupines and a lot of other busy creatures.