Amongst the Jewels of Autumn
[html]
Set for Oct 10

New Dawn was beginning to spring back to life after the storm, though the life it was now taking on was one of golds and reds rather than greens. Autumn was a beautiful site to see in the mountains and meadows of his pack, it was the first time he was getting to enjoy it. Winter would be soon after, and New Dawn would be blanketed in deep white. It was amazing that they had almost be here for a year already; so much had happened in that time.

Zalen had set out on his own late that morning, but before venturing beyond the northern borders he had stopped by the clinic to see how it was fairing. Repairs were coming along nicely, in fact he had to say it looked more finished now than it had before. Cody had been the only one there and he had greeted him and slyly recovered a cloth sling; Zalen was intending on gathering leeks and mushrooms beyond the borders.

The Optime male took his time as he exited his pack’s borders, finding a peace and reverie that had been evading him as of late. The cool autumn sun beat down on him, and he took to walking on two legs instead of four, a rarity for him, even in this form. Soon he found himself in the forests adjacent to Amherst. Though he did not like being so close to a city, it was not as bad as Halifax, and he was far enough away to not see it’s gray mar upon nature. Here he found a lush and mossy area in the forest nearby a stream and began collecting all the good fungi he could find. He himself did not partake of eating these things, unless he felt ill, but with Fayne just having had her first litter, he knew that any and all extra nutrients would be beneficial to have around. As he gathered, the dark Alpha let him mind wander on the breeze.

+3
<style>
#jn-zalen01 {width:500px; margin:0px auto;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;}
#jn-zalen01.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;padding:0px;}
#jn-zalen01.table {background-color:#ffffff;border:1px solid #aaaaaa;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#555555;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 180px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6jRYX.png);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-zalen01.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 15px 0px;}
#jn-zalen01.table p:first-letter {font-size:23px;font-weight:normal;color:#b3b86d;font-family: 'Yellowtail', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-zalen01.table p:first-line {font-size:14px;font-weight:normal;color:#b3b86d;}
#jn-zalen01.table b {color:#749631;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #aaaaaa;}
#jn-zalen01.table b:before {content:open-quote;}
#jn-zalen01.table b:after {content:close-quote;}
#jn-zalen01.words {font-size:10px;text-align:right;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The winds became cooler with the breath of autumn rolling across the lands, turning the leaves and balding the branches, shrouding the fragrant landscape with hues of changing umber and vibrant red-orange tones. A lovely sight to behold, and it made the woman smile as she ventured across her own land, gathering the last of the late blossoms to honor the vibrancy that had been seen the season before, and pray to the Ancestors that such life and beauty would be seen again after the winter passed.

Around her growing frame was an elk-skin satchel brimming with flora and colorful leaves. Perhaps collecting the like was not as productive, but it gave the woman a reason to smile albeit small and slight, yet enough to shine through. The mood of the Family had changed as of late. When life was meant to bring elation and joy, there was a quiet acceptance and little more than that. The helpful paw and a kind glint in the eye, but the exuberance was lacking. Not at all the air of celebration she would have experienced among the Collective. But then... this newfound collective was only a part in name. It did not share the wholehearted ideals, and in her heart she began to wonder if they ever would.

These little walks gave her time to think as well as enjoy the day for what it was. Cool and calm with the subtle touch of the warm sun, the closest she would feel to the loving touch of an older force, bequeathing its happiness for what she carried. Bittersweet, but she was glad for it and could smile beneath the wild veil of red. And with a spring to her weighted gait, she crossed the borders into the free lands to continue to pluck the last remnants of Spring and Summer.

307 words.

[/html]
[html]
OOC text

It was not long before Zalen found the small cloth bag nearly bursting with morels and porcini mushrooms. He had been lucky to find them in abundance before it got too cold for them. Now he would try to find some wild leeks.

He headed towards the sound of running water and came across the small stream he had been smelling; the water was crystal clear and he bent down to lap at it despite not having any thirst. It was icy cold and refreshing, but hit his stomach like a brick. Ignoring the sensation, Zalen began sniffing around for then leafy blooms of the leeks. None came into view or smell right away, but he did find some ferns with curled tips and knew they would be good for eating. He plucked them when a familiar scent came to him.

Raising his regal head, the Damaichu male sniffed the wind. There was another wolf nearby, a female, and it only took him several moments to recognize who it was. His tail began wagging immediately and he forgot all about the leeks, instead standing with his bag and began to track her. But there was no need to sneak up on X’yrin, so he let out a short howl and some barks to get her attention, wherever she was.

+1
<style>
#jn-zalen01.table {background-color:#ffffff;border:1px solid #aaaaaa;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#555555;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 180px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6jRYX.png);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-zalen01.table p:first-letter {font-size:23px;font-weight:normal;color:#b3b86d;font-family: 'Yellowtail', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-zalen01.table p:first-line {font-size:14px;font-weight:normal;color:#b3b86d;}
#jn-zalen01.table b {color:#749631;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #aaaaaa;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The call of Autumn was not only that of the sound of wind, but of familiar sounds that made one think of a living being, and one quite glad to behold at that. She paused in her picking and lifted both ears and nose to the air. The wind was not in her favor to grace her nostrils with the scent of the known obsidian male, but always would her ears know where to direct her body. Turning around on happy paws she followed the echoes of the howl and barks to the east near Amherst, but needn't travel so far to see the lustrous black within the wild, earthen hues.

Tangled streams of red trailed in the delighted female's wake, mirroring the smooth flow of her own song in return, expressing her happiness and praise to the Ancestor's good fortune. Her even pace carried her to the male's voice and upon seeing him, she acted in a way that the joyous mood often demanded of her; like a pup at last a play. Embracing the doldrums of duty and ceremony, she readily embraced the mirth that was invoked by the New Dawn Alpha's presence.

Her greeting to him was a rise to her hind legs so that she might reach for his shoulders and embrace him. Her tail swayed happily as salmon flesh wiggled every way to touch the black fur endearingly. Happily she whined and buried her muzzle within the warm dark fur whilst pressing her swelling belly against his in exhibition of the life developing within.

259 words.

[/html]
[html]
OOC text

It did not take long for the golden female to come meet him, her long mane flowing behind her; she looked like an autumn goddess, her physique matching the beauty of the trees around her perfectly. She was in Secui, which he had learned from her before was the regular form in Sangi’lak, something that he found very interesting, for it was his least used form. But when she lifted herself up onto hind legs to embrace him, for a moment he saw what might have been her Optime form, and it was… much thicker than he expected. But once her front was pressed firmly against his own, and her heady scent hit his nostrils fully, he understood why; she was pregnant.

His chest swelled with excitement and anticipation and he let out a happy whine as he embraced her back and then gingerly let her down to the ground, joining her on all fours, Our meeting, it worked? He asked, already knowing the answer. He was surprised that only one copulation had resulted in pups, it had taken a couple with Adonia, and many with Titania. But X’yrin was a fertile and strong female, so he guessed he should have been as surprised as he was. The dark Alpha was happy and nuzzled deeply into his friends scruff, glad to be with her again.

He set his bag down on the ground; his haul was bountiful so he figured he would share with her whatever she asked of him, if she did. She was with child after all, it would be good for her to eat whatever nutritious foods were available. He was overcome with joy once more; another puppy, or more! He truly was blessed. Perhaps X’yrin’s ancestors were pleased with him.

+1
<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

The Nomad would not count herself as a female easily swayed by touch and or tender things, but such moments were not lost on her. There was a significant part of her that truly enjoyed them especially when they were created not of her own doing but by another that she might enjoy and participate. The whine that graced her ears was joyous and her own rose to meld excitably with it. He had noticed what she wished to show him and was glad that it brought him this happiness. It was a joy perhaps better reserved for mates that plunged confidently into the vastness of love. And though the Alpha was not hers to claim, she was happy none the less to share in that private bliss of parenthood. It was a pleasure she was robbed of, she was ashamed to admit, when she told X’ies of her condition.

Her smile suffered subtle dimness when her thoughts turned to the grey male, but then it returned to its full radiance at the noticeable success of hers and Zalen’s union. “It certainly has my dear friend!” she whined happily and from all fours sprang for the male’s ear now that he was within range. His kind offering was not ignored but put on hold in favor of a more delectable prize; the prize of attention and a continued happy mood. Her dance around the dark male was awkward at best given the extra weight of her precious cargo, but she did not let something so minor ruin her play. “Parents, my friend!” she pranced around with golden banner high, singing shamelessly of their success. “We shall be parents! Are you excited as I?”

283 words.

[/html]
[html]
OOC text

Zalen was too excited to even notice X’yrin’s small facial falter, though a part of him might of registered it. It was very quick though, and the golden woman went right back to being joy personified. She was more than proud, and Zalen could see that in her face when she expressed her excitement over the both of them becoming parents. His tail swished behind him as he listened to her, and he nodded, Yes, I am very proud to have you as the mother. I could not ask for a stronger female to raise any of my pups. He smiled at her, I cannot wait to see our children.

Zalen then reached into the bag and pulled out a full grown wild portabella mushroom and broke a piece off and popped it in his mouth before handing the rest of it to her. The flesh of the fungi tasted almost like meat, he had to admit it was quite pleasant and he was sure she would enjoy it too. Do you mind me asking, how the others in your pack feel about our arrangement? I’ve only told several of my pack mates and they agree that it is a wise choice to bolster our alliance. He was curious of how the members of Sangi’lak would react to their leader bearing the children of the leader of another pack. He understood the logic behind it, but would others?

Zalen sat back on his rear and spread his legs out in front of him, leaning back against the trunk of a nearby tree. Absentmindedly, he grabbed a piece of X’yrin’s long crimson main and began to braid it. He was pretty adept at braiding, despite his large and knobby fingers. Her hair was beautiful, he hoped their offspring would inherit; the color reminded him of his mother.

+3
<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

She circled around him until she grew dizzy and hobbled her way back to his side to rest. When exhaustion would have allowed her before to drop with care for her body onto the ground, with precious lives dependent on her actions, she was more careful in her descent. Lowering her body slowly, she tilted off to the side to lie down but remained balanced. With tail perpetually swaying, she looked to the obsidian wolf with a smile then to his paw and the offering there in. The morsel had a 'plain' scent to it, but never the less she tried the odd food, catching it with the tip of her tongue then drawing it swiftly into her mouth. A strange texture, like meat without blood, but delicious all the same. She needed to find out what that delectable treat was called and where she could find more...

Enthralled with the taste, she greedily lapped his paw, searching for whatever remnants she could before her attention was drawn away. "The Family?" she inquired making certain she had heard correctly. "Ah, they all have been quite accepting of the arrangement since it is for the good of the pack. But on an emotional level, I do sense disappointment." Acknowledging this, she perked ears fell back against her auburn crown. "To be honest, it was perhaps more than once that I favored the males of our Family. We are small... and in need of offspring... and all, well, the majority would have been suitable candidates. But I believed there was some subtle understanding between them, and amongst themselves they decided whom was worthwhile. There was no superior above us to dictate whom would breed with whom as it would have been in the Collective... so instinct played its subtle part. And for that, I have no regrets. But..."

Having grown more comfortable in the NewDawn Alpha's presence, she lowered her head to rest upon his leg as she spoke, divulging what she would not have been able to since a neutral ear was not within the pack to listen. "I...I still feel my decision has hurt one or two. I know that X'ies is bothered, taken by uncertainty...and Jaden...I know he feels the most hurt of all for my decision. But it was of his own making...his choice to copulate with an inferior beast. His say was lost, and for a creature of pride , it must have been devastating. They all accept this arrangement, some even smile because of it, but... I am still bothered by the smiles I do not see." With a sigh, she would turn her gaze from the raven fur and seek the spring green eyes that gave her such peace. "Am I selfish, Zalen?"

458 words.

[/html]