we took a bow
[html]
Matrix Thirteen; 2006-10-03; birth-type shifter. Matrix is approximately 50% 'yote, the rest of her is comprised of dog and wulf. (Darn filters!!) Tongue

Mel, I will PM you my contact info (though it hasn't changed recently). Tongue I've had issues before with real life people googling my email and IM and finding things, 's all. Alsooo, I'm going away this weekend, but I got excited to start playing Matrix. >>;

IC/OOC text separator

A chilly autumn breeze raked its fingers through her fur, and Matrix shuddered just slightly as she stared at the breaking waves. Going to the beach in November had never really occurred to her before, and she couldn't imagine why nobody else was in sight. Her cool-coloured eyes scanned the horizon repetitively--even if she couldn't see anybody at the moment, she knew that they were here. The scents were everywhere, and they were not purely dog.

Earlier in her childhood, Matrix hadn't had much of a problem because of her heritage. Her mother was predominantly dog, her father mostly 'yote, and both had some dog mixed in for good measure. Still, she had been informed early on that she couldn't expect dog packs to embrace her. Her tail curled slightly upward toward her back, betraying her mixed roots. Her muzzle was slender and her body was that of the lithe dog, while her height matched that of a dog. She stuck out a bit.

At the present moment, this was intentional. Perched neatly upon the Land of Wuffluvers's borders, the yearling simply waited. She wasn't sure if she would find acceptance here or not, but she figured it didn't matter too much. It would be their loss. Although Matrix wasn't inclined to fight for any other reasons but her own, she was crafty with stone, metal, and wood. She certainly wouldn't get in the way, and she instinctively sensed that their numbers were small compared to those of the neighbouring packs. Hm.
[/html]
[html]

Got the PM. Welcome back. :]
indent The clear weather would not hold out long. Gabriel could smell that snow was fast approaching, and because of this, he had taken up a third loop in his patrolling duties. With the cold on its way, more loners would come knocking at his door. This was expected and welcomed; with the threat of some sort of warfare never far from his mind, and the wellbeing of several children behind him, potential members were twice as valuable. He regretted, though very slightly, not allowing his brother’s…well, whatever she was, here.
indent This tactic soon paid off—he caught scent of a stranger and headed for it. Soon enough, he found his intended target; a young woman who was clearly some sort of hybrid. For Gabriel, whose blood had muddled to the point his canine ancestors were clearly displayed (he had been mistaken for a dog once), this was nothing new. Slowing his pace to a halt, the golden-eyed Aquila looked the stranger over. “Yes?”

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

IC/OOC text separator

Her mind had begun to drift, just as it always did. It probably always would--and it was no doubt the drug use exacerbated the issue. Speaking of which, she was beginning to crave a blunt. Damn it. It wouldn't be "right" to suddenly shift on their borders, and she knew enough to refrain. Blinking slowly, her nose wrinkled gently as a strong and powerful scent neared. Turning her head, she looked upon-----a dog?! Well, a hybrid of sorts. He was a hybrid of sorts, just like her. Unexpected.
As he approached, she made a point to lower her arched tail down low. Her ears cupped backwards, and she kept her eyes only on the tip of his snout, and no further. Although respectful, she remained vigilant. She still wasn't certain what to expect. "This is the Land of Wuffluvers?" she questioned, seeking confirmation. "My name is Matrix Thirteen. My mother resided in this region once--she was in a coyote pack. My father had more dog blood than she did, though, so when I told her I planned to come here she suggested here." Matrix was straight-forward and to the point. She didn't dance around with euphemisms, and she addressed what would be most anybody's concern with a stranger. Who are you, where did you come from, and why are you here? Beyond that, she simply had to wait for any curve balls he had to throw.
[/html]
[html]

indent The stranger gave him proper submission, and then spoke. He listened, dark ears perked, as she explained herself. It was certainly helpful, and it also proved she had come here with a purpose. “Yes, this is the Land of Wuffluvers,” he began, “If you’re interested in joining, I need to know what you can offer.” Just because her mother lived here before did not mean he was going to allow any freeloaders in the clan. They needed able bodies and minds. “My name is Gabriel. Who was your mother?”

[/html]
[html]

--

IC/OOC text separator

Matrix was a big fan of never volunteering information. "Her name was Twilight. She lived in Chimera." She also knew that by not elaborating at all, she'd look suspicious. Besides, she saw no way for any of this to come back and bite her in the butt. Trust would always be an issue for the girl.
"As for skills, I have plenty," she assured him, before continuing: "I know how to craft tools from stone, metal, and wood. I know how to effectively wield existing human tools, too. With the proper equipment, I can even blow glass." That one she was proud of--not many others seemed to have mastered (or even considered) such an art. "At any rate, you will find that I am not in the way. I can take care of myself." This was stated with such conviction that she felt he would certainly understand. She had a toughish look to her, anyway. Now she looked at him questioningly--did he want anything more? She probably could come up with something, if she had to.
[/html]
[html]

indent The simple answer suited him enough—he hadn’t expected much. Flicking an ear in a gesture similar to a nod, he listened to the list she provided. It was impressive. Vienna had been the only one able to work metal, and taken her knowledge with her. Having that back in his hands would be an asset. “I’ve heard enough,” he said, “You’re more then welcome to stay here. There’s a city further south if you’ll need any tools.” As he turned to leave, he paused, casting a glance back in her direction. “I don’t know what you heard about Inferni, but we are not among friends in these parts.” With that, the doggish male was off.

[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Bleeding Souls!

Hey, welcome to Bleeding Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update the postlog at the very bottom of your profile according to the threads you're in.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]